Russia suicide rate 'critical'

Russia suicide rate 'critical'

There are 225 comments on the News24 story from Oct 20, 2011, titled Russia suicide rate 'critical'. In it, News24 reports that:

Moscow - Russia must launch a public health campaign to reduce the country's suicide rate, among the highest in the world, top psychiatrists said on Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#225 Sep 21, 2012
_Alexander_ wrote:
<quoted text>
AN interesting comment. I have two possible explanations.
1. Gaidar was "a blind agent" who didn't understand the process completely.
2. Gaidar inflicted harm deliberately.
The second is more likely.
No he was extremely stupid and really believe in what he was doing.
Stupid is not equal uneducated.

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#226 Sep 21, 2012
Waco 1954 wrote:
<quoted text> Boy.You have to do more then"COPY".RUSSIANS are experts at being abused and subjugated by their leaders.BEING a "SERF"is what Russians are accustomed to.They deserved better.
Your models don't work in Russia. Two other examples of aping Western models are Liberia and Sierra Leone. The are list the least developed even in comparison with other African states.

What do you know about Russians? You think you know better what they need, don't you? Or do you downplay the role of cultural specific features?

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#227 Sep 21, 2012
Alexey25 wrote:
<quoted text>
No he was extremely stupid and really believe in what he was doing.
Stupid is not equal uneducated.
We will hardly ever find this out.
His grandfather was a wonderful writer and a genuine Communist. If he had known that his grandson would have played the key role in the restoration of capitalism... How is it possible?

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#228 Sep 21, 2012
_Alexander_ wrote:
<quoted text>
We will hardly ever find this out.
His grandfather was a wonderful writer and a genuine Communist. If he had known that his grandson would have played the key role in the restoration of capitalism... How is it possible?
Their ideology was different but their core was the same.
Both of them were destroyers.
Arkadiy was destroying Russian empire and Egor - Soviet one.
Waco 1954

Monroe, LA

#229 Sep 21, 2012
_Alexander_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Your models don't work in Russia. Two other examples of aping Western models are Liberia and Sierra Leone. The are list the least developed even in comparison with other African states.
What do you know about Russians? You think you know better what they need, don't you? Or do you downplay the role of cultural specific features?
Once again I say.The Russians have to do it the Russian way.Not any other way.Always admired Russians.Ask Napoleon and Hitler about Russians.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Samarskaya Oblast', Russia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Women in Russia, Ukraine unite online against s... 2 hr captain schmuck 39
News Serbia under pressure from Russia over its EU g... Sat Strahd 106
News 2 Russian soldiers die after helicopter shot do... Jul 9 just a guy i knew 1
News Crimean Tatars celebrate Eurovision win, Russia... Jul 9 RUSSIAN WAR CRIMES 21
News Moscow's Long Arm In Belgrade Jun '16 Teddy 47
News Russia State Duma Passes Law Restricting Debt C... Jun '16 MOSCOW BREADLINES 1
News Serbia under pressure from Russia over its EU g... Jun '16 RUSSIA is NOTHING 9
More from around the web