NATO should finish job in Afghanistan...

NATO should finish job in Afghanistan, Putin says

There are 13 comments on the Reuters story from Aug 1, 2012, titled NATO should finish job in Afghanistan, Putin says. In it, Reuters reports that:

NATO forces should stay in Afghanistan until they have finished their job to ensure stability, Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Wednesday, criticizing the planned withdrawal of most combat troops by 2014.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

goose

Chicago, IL

#1 Aug 1, 2012
Russia (USSR) did what when they were there?
neutral observer

Lake Worth, FL

#2 Aug 1, 2012
The same thing as NATO. It is obvious we are stuck in a hopeless quagmire. Afghanistan and Pakistan are what they are. We will never change them. They brought the 19th century Brits and the 20th century Soviets to their kneees... and NATO is far softer than either of those.

Hopefully NATO will collapse entirely from the utter humiliation of its defeat. Without a Soviet Union and a Warsaw Pact to oppose that dinosaur has no real rationale anyway. It is but an instrument of imperialism in the Moslem world.

“THE BRIDEGROOM IS COMING!!!”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#3 Aug 1, 2012
The Lord God Says:

Behold, I am come out of My sanctuary,
And the arm of The Lord shall be revealed!
The anger of The Lord shall be made fully known!...

And great and mighty nations shall be brought down!

And woe to those who come against My people, Jacob; woe to all who come out to destroy Israel... You shall come to know the power of The Lord in His anger! In the strength of My hot displeasure shall you be brought down! Behold, you shall lick the dust, with all your rotting corpses strewn about! With all your devices coming to rest next to you in heaps!... Littering the open fields! For The Lord has spoken, and so shall it be done and come to pass, in the sight of men!
The sword comes! The pain of birth has come in! Lo, it is already upon you, O most wicked generation!... Therefore hear the word of The Lord, all you multitudes; listen and heed this warning, all you deceitful peoples of the earth: Your labor pains shall be dire and shall increase quickly, much wailing shall be heard. Behold, the birth shall be accomplished through much suffering, with no respite, lasting seven days.

Yet it shall come to pass,
That whosoever calls upon the name of The Lord,
In that day and at that time, shall be saved...

For the first harvest shall indeed be lowly,
Of the lowly and of the innocent;
And the second, plenteous...

Says The Lord God, Creator of Heaven and Earth...

The Lord of Hosts is My name.

[Excerpt from Volume 7 "The Sword Comes"]

~ TrumpetCallofGodOnline
Ramafuchs

Oslo, Norway

#4 Aug 1, 2012
NATO's survival after cold war is ........
Nato is a club where Turkey is a honourable member.
Nato is a bazaar to wage a war to support the injustice
Ramafuchs

Oslo, Norway

#5 Aug 1, 2012
I am not upholding any controvercial civilized views of Putin or Obama's.
My views are banal like.
come to the world with crying eyes and leave the world while others weep.
Violence is not my language
ObserverTM

United States

#6 Aug 1, 2012
goose wrote:
Russia (USSR) did what when they were there?
I'm perplexed by the tone of your question.

The very fact that Russia would suggest that NATO stay long enough to stabilize Afghanistan suggests that the USSR's motives were in fact similar and not born of some half-baked notion of Soviet expansionism for expansionism's sake. That is, to build a stable Afghanistan on its doorstep, one not steeped in the need to export jihad to the then USSR (read up on Uzbekistan's Fergana Valley for one). The USSR's idea of stable was of course, a secular communist state, versus our idea of a secular democratic state). When push comes to shove though, either is preferable to the Taliban and their al Qaeda cohorts. Afghanistan survived another two full years after the Soviet withdrawal and had it not been for America's jugheaded jihad and Yeltsin's final withdrawal of material support, it might very well have survived to neutralize the Taliban and nip al Qaeda in the bud. But alas, t'was not to be. Similar blowbacks can be seen throughout America's Middle Eastern policy, the most tenacious possibly being the Iran fiasco, when the CIA staged a coup to oust a democratically elected secular president and installed the Shah, the consequences of which are sticking in our craw to this day.(BTW: The Shah's CIA trained SAVAK secret police was the envy of any Middle Eastern dictator of the past 50 years).

Frankly, this sort of nonsense consistently emanating from Washington foreign policy circles does not bode well for America's credibility and standing in the world. It's beginning to remind me of that board game player we all played with at one time or another who constantly keeps reinventing the rules of the game, with a dozen arguments, excuses and memory lapses at the ready.

Since: Aug 12

Lakeport, CA

#7 Aug 2, 2012
hey putin......
no more potatoes YOU
no more young girls YOU
no more russia YOU
bye bye moscow...

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#8 Aug 2, 2012
The United Nations has fired Kofi, Russia & China made it happen.

“Progressive liberal politic”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#9 Aug 2, 2012
Russia need to join eu-nato.
Ramafuchs

Troisdorf, Germany

#10 Aug 2, 2012
Most of us blicked this world as a new born child with shock and surprise.
Many of us leave this world without regrets and remorse.
I had seen Putin in olimpic event in German TV.

Diplomacy is not the WMD nor a culture.
We all live in a cultured world where every pathetic person can preach sermons

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#11 Aug 2, 2012
Ramafuchs wrote:
Most of us blicked this world as a new born child with shock and surprise.
Many of us leave this world without regrets and remorse.
I had seen Putin in olimpic event in German TV.
Diplomacy is not the WMD nor a culture.
We all live in a cultured world where every pathetic person can preach sermons
That's profound but somethin to think about.
different angle

Nicosia, Cyprus

#12 Aug 3, 2012
Mysteries of the Sphynx

United States

#13 Aug 3, 2012
airhead9666 wrote:
hey putin......
no more potatoes YOU
no more young girls YOU
no more russia YOU
bye bye moscow...
Very profound.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Samarskaya Oblast', Russia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News As Consumer Debt Rises In Russia, Collectors Ge... Feb 2 RUSSIA in CHAOS 1
News Putin calls on European Jews to take refuge in ... Jan 27 NAZI RUSSIA 31
News GOP lawmakers seek to end purchase of Russian r... Jan 27 Bama Yankee 1
News Russian Economy Shrinks Most Since 2009 as Oil ... Jan 26 TINY LIKE PUTIN 3
News Russia's roughed-up ruble makes Canadian dollar... Jan 25 PUTINs RUBLE 1
News Russian ruble keeps on falling, hits new record... Jan 25 PUTINs RUBLE 3
News Russian ruble hits a new low as oil prices weaken Jan 19 MOSCOW BREADLINES 1
More from around the web