Russia to discard Soviet-era airliner...

Russia to discard Soviet-era airliners after crash

There are 1 comment on the The State story from Jun 23, 2011, titled Russia to discard Soviet-era airliners after crash. In it, The State reports that:

Russia's President Dmitry Medvedev says he wants Soviet-built airliners similar to the one that crashed this week to be retired starting next year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The State.

Jacko the American Force

United States

#1 Jun 23, 2011
The article states that this is a major blow to the Russian nuclear energy capabilities. That would mean it is also a blow to the world's nuclear energy expertise as they are the best and most modern. Case in point, they were attempting to help Iran's people have electric energy. Its too bad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Respublika Kareliya, Russia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Russia selling - but who is buying? (Feb '16) Feb '16 MOSCOW BREADLINES 2
News Richard Fernandez: What Putin Wants In Syria: T... (Oct '15) Oct '15 just a guy i knew 2
News Putin overture to Assad foes falls flat (Oct '15) Oct '15 just a guy i knew 1
News Russian Syria Airstrikes 'Accelerant' for Globa... (Sep '15) Oct '15 TERRORIST RUSSIA 4
News GCC Trade and Industry Ministers participate at... (Dec '14) Feb '15 Hamad 2
News Willow trees are cost-efficient cleaners of con... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Stephany McDowell 1
News Alarming situation for indigenous peoples in Ru... (Sep '14) Sep '14 NAZI RUSSIA 4
More from around the web