Russia kills 'militant chief' in Dagestan: reports

Jan 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Raw Story

Russian security forces on Sunday killed a leading local Islamist militant in a clash in the southern Caucasus region of Dagestan, news agencies reported.

Comments
1 - 10 of 10 Comments Last updated Jan 13, 2010
Jacko

Lake Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

Why is russia killing so many militants when you rarely here about it in the US and we are overseas, at war?
Small Town America

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

It seems that the terrorists are killing more russian citizens than vice-versa..I am sure the USA and the Western actions or sucesses are not reported in russian media, either. I never see them noted.

"Hear", "Here" or "hare" or "hair"..or "bear" or "Bare"..or "to" or "two" or "Too"..

“Pink Ponies of Justice”

Since: Sep 07

Moscow, Russia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

Small Town America wrote:
I am sure the USA and the Western actions or sucesses are not reported in russian media, either. I never see them noted.
They're widely reported in Russian media. For example, from today news on RIA Novosti:

U.S. drone strikes in Afghanistan kill 16 Taliban

At least 16 Afghan insurgents were killed in two missile strikes using unmanned aerial vehicles in Afghan volatile Helmand Province, the U.S. military command in Kabul announced on Tuesday.

According to the statement, both attacks took place early Monday in the southern Helmand Province. A total of 13 militants were killed in the first attack on a house in Now Zad and another three insurgents in the second one in Nad Ali. The drones fired Hellfire antitank missiles.

The use of drones to target the militants was unusual for Afghanistan, where they are mostly employed for surveillance. The craft are more commonly used for airstrikes over the border in Pakistan's tribal areas.

Airborne attacks by foreign forces are controversial in Afghanistan, and on Tuesday in Helmand Province several people were short dead and more than a dozen injured during an anti-NATO demonstration.

Hundreds of Afghans took part protesting against the killings of civilians by NATO troops and demanding their withdrawal from the country.

On Monday the mayor of the city of Delaram, in Afghanistan's southwestern Nimruz Province, has been killed by unknown gunmen when he was returning home from his office by car.

Violence surged in the country in 2009, with the radical Islamic Taliban group staging regular attacks on provincial government officials, police and civilians and planting roadside devices as part of its fight against U.S. and NATO troops.

In early December, U.S. President Barack Obama announced plans to send an additional 30,000 troops to Afghanistan in the first part of 2010 to defeat the Taliban.

KABUL, January 12 (RIA Novosti)
Small Town America

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

I was thinking of an ad campaign in russia, with a picture of putin superimposed with the devil. Do you think it will be approved?????

“Pink Ponies of Justice”

Moscow, Russia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

I was thinking of an ad campaign in russia, with a picture of putin superimposed with the devil. Do you think it will be approved?????
No. But with Ahmadinejad or with any other president and not criminal - not a problem.

“Pink Ponies of Justice”

Moscow, Russia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

There are no free media in US? It's not the first time STA shows he's totally brainwashed and don't realize the reality...
Stefanya

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

coolncrazy wrote:
There are no free media in US? It's not the first time STA shows he's totally brainwashed and don't realize the reality...
I have to support STA in this one. He does know the reality. I received my brainwashing early when a student in Moscow. His mind is clean. And, the media is free. I still buy my commie books from the American Communist Party..Many of their literature is free, too!! Stalin snubbed my hero, Gus Hall, and that was mean of him..But, I still love Stalin too!! I can also buy putin's books and all books published in russia here as well. Why, if I spouted out what I say about the USA and the West and said the same thing about russia, instead, putin would have me injected..

“Pink Ponies of Justice”

Moscow, Russia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

<quoted text>
I have to support STA in this one.
You have to support yourself? When last time you had visited psychiatrist?
Small Town America

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

coolncrazy wrote:
<quoted text>
I even support you, STA on this one..You have my support in everything you do. You are truly a man of vision and modesty..
Why thank you, cool n crazy!! If I was not so introverted and humble, I would say more..
Live Free or Die

Underhill, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2010

<quoted text>
Why thank you, cool n crazy!! If I was not so introverted and humble, I would say more..
You could pepper sayings here from here to eternity and the end result would still be the same - a sow's ear.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Respublika Dagestan, Russia Discussions

Search the Respublika Dagestan, Russia Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Rebel Leader in Leaked Audio: 'Cossacks' Shot D... Mon tarmo 10
Anti-Semitism is quite uncommon in Russia, acco... (Apr '13) Jan '14 Karl 11
Drunk Policeman Plows Into Traffic Checkpoint i... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Mr Slovak 1
Making Sense of the Tsarnaev Brothers (Apr '13) Jul '13 Dimitri100 657
What we know about the Tsarnaev brothers (Apr '13) Apr '13 THE LAST WARRIOR POET 331
Boston suspects' father postpones trip to US (Apr '13) Apr '13 whodunit 6
Boston Suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev: 'I Don't Have... (Apr '13) Apr '13 myth 2
•••
•••