10 Suspected Militants, 1 Police Officer Killed in Russia

Oct 31, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Fox News

Ten suspected militants and one police officer have been killed in the volatile southern provinces of Dagestan and Chechnya in three separate incidents, officials said.

Comments
41 - 49 of 49 Comments Last updated Nov 2, 2009
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“bless the USA”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#44
Nov 1, 2009
 
Robespierre wrote:
<quoted text>

US policy against Iran and in favour of Israel is bias, unfair and undeserved.
I don't see that bias. To me it is a practical matter. Iran has turned down the offer of an open hand from Obama. Iran has publicly threatened Israel. Iran has hidden its nuclear development facilities. The IAEA has said Iran was lying. Iran has directly provided arms to militants in Palestine and Lebanon, arms used against Israel. It seems both fair and deserved to act in favor of Israel given the foregoing.

Assuming Israel has nukes, what do you think would happen if tomorrow Israel turned all its nukes over to the USA for destruction, and let the IAEA verify that?

“bless the USA”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45
Nov 1, 2009
 
Stefanya wrote:
<quoted text>
IOne good example is expecting pure democracy in Russia when there were no democratic institutions... Democracy could not and cannot replace such a government, except more slowly to keep the country stabilized...
I agree.

“UG X”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46
Nov 1, 2009
 
Robespierre wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you daughter is not dead yet?? LOL
this is my early Christmas Present for you, darling!
travel.webshots.com/photo/1083731644014909847 ...

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47
Nov 1, 2009
 
Kenhunt wrote:
<quoted text>
Again I say if the PEOPLE have an honest say in their form of government, so be it. In the past, that was surely not the case in Iraq or Afghanistan: would you defend that legacy?

A day or so ago in response to you, I said if your neighbor across the street were being strangled right in front of you, you'd not lift a finger to help. You didn't respond to that. Is that to be your legacy, look the other way?
How other countries are governed is not my business, and I have really no comment about that. I visited Russia when it was communist and could see that it wasn't the best-looking society, but that didn't bother me.
For years, we used to cross the border from France and holiday in Spain when it was under Franco's dictatorship. That didn't bother me one bit. The place was very safe for tourits, and there was law and order, I can tell you that much!! The Guarda Civile were absolutely ferocious, and you could leave your car by the sea side all day with windows open (there was no aircon then), and no one would even dare to touch it. Try that now!!

I didn't see that post where you questioned my morals. I can't be quite categoric, but I tend to look the other way, and I hate being dragged in someone else problems. Who know why that neighbour across the street could get strangled? A jilted husband maybe? Does he owe someone money? A drug deal gone wrong? Maybe he deserves it? Who knows?

Apart from helping relatives, friends and people I know, I avoid getting involved. I was brought up to 'mind my own business', and it served me alright so far.

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48
Nov 1, 2009
 
Kenhunt wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see that bias. To me it is a practical matter. Iran has turned down the offer of an open hand from Obama. Iran has publicly threatened Israel. Iran has hidden its nuclear development facilities. The IAEA has said Iran was lying. Iran has directly provided arms to militants in Palestine and Lebanon, arms used against Israel. It seems both fair and deserved to act in favor of Israel given the foregoing.
Assuming Israel has nukes, what do you think would happen if tomorrow Israel turned all its nukes over to the USA for destruction, and let the IAEA verify that?
The fact that Iran is already accused when it is only suspected whilst Israel isn't even mentioned when there are indication that it already has nuclear capability, is an obvious bias, and it doesn't help Obama in his crusade against nuclear weapons.

He accuses one but exempts the other. You don't expect people to catch on that? His argument has now no credibility whatsoever.
I expected more from the man, but we still have the re-heated pro-Israel anti-Muslim message.

“bless the USA”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#49
Nov 2, 2009
 
Robespierre wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that Iran is already accused when it is only suspected whilst Israel isn't even mentioned when there are indication that it already has nuclear capability, is an obvious bias, and it doesn't help Obama in his crusade against nuclear weapons.
He accuses one but exempts the other. You don't expect people to catch on that? His argument has now no credibility whatsoever.
I expected more from the man, but we still have the re-heated pro-Israel anti-Muslim message.


And you accuse me of dodging the bullet? I can only assume you agree Iran did in fact : turn down the offer of an open hand from Obama, publicly threatened Israel, hidden its nuclear development facilities, given arms to militants in Palestine and Lebanon, arms used against Israel. And yet you still say in the face of all that, there is pro bias for Israel?

And I'd be interested in your reply to the question, too:
Assuming Israel has nukes, what do you think would happen if tomorrow Israel turned all its nukes over to the USA for destruction, and let the IAEA verify that?

Enjoy the day! It is a clear blue sky here in the Appalachians and about 61 F.

The fall leaves are on all the trees, yellow, gold, red, and brown.
Dan

Tyumen, Russia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51
Nov 2, 2009
 
Kenhunt wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks, Dan. The same to you and your dog.
you are welcome.

By the way what was your speech on your gramma's funerals? "Tick- tock"?

“bless the USA”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52
Nov 2, 2009
 
Robespierre wrote:
<quoted text>
How other countries are governed is not my business, and I have really no comment about that. I visited Russia when it was communist and could see that it wasn't the best-looking society, but that didn't bother me.

Apart from helping relatives, friends and people I know, I avoid getting involved. I was brought up to 'mind my own business', and it served me alright so far.
You seem to make an exception in the case of the USA! I visited the East during the cold war, and saying it wasn't the best looking is a bit of an understatement.

So, if you knew your neighbor, you'd intercede if she were being assaulted? Or would it be nobody's business but hers and whomever was assaulting her? I am not advocating becoming a caped crusader "Roboman" but trying to understand how you can be so bellicose about the countries you assail here, yet in effect a hedonistic pacifist at heart. I mentioned you sound a bit like Ayn Rand, whom you may have read at one time:

"Achievement of your happiness is the only moral purpose of your life, and that happiness, not pain or mindless self-indulgence, is the proof of your moral integrity, since it is the proof and the result of your loyalty to the achievement of your values...

Here are some quotes from her that look to me like it is you speaking:

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/a/a...

And last but not least: "If any civilization is to survive, it is the morality of altruism that men have to reject."

“bless the USA”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#53
Nov 2, 2009
 
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
you are welcome.
By the way what was your speech on your gramma's funerals? "Tick- tock"?
I explain what I meant earlier: a metaphor.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Respublika Dagestan, Russia Discussions

Search the Respublika Dagestan, Russia Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Rebel Leader in Leaked Audio: 'Cossacks' Shot D... Jul 28 tarmo 10
Anti-Semitism is quite uncommon in Russia, acco... (Apr '13) Jan '14 Karl 11
Drunk Policeman Plows Into Traffic Checkpoint i... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Mr Slovak 1
Making Sense of the Tsarnaev Brothers (Apr '13) Jul '13 Dimitri100 657
What we know about the Tsarnaev brothers (Apr '13) Apr '13 THE LAST WARRIOR ... 331
Boston suspects' father postpones trip to US (Apr '13) Apr '13 whodunit 6
Boston Suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev: 'I Don't Have... (Apr '13) Apr '13 myth 2
•••
•••