Damascus Street Notes : Syrian Students Condemn American Led Sanctions that Escalate Food Cost

Full story: Salem-News.com

"Who does that obnoxious woman think she is?" demanded a staffer who works in the Russian Embassy media office inside the vast windowless soviet style massive high walled compound which belongs to his country, here in Damascus.
Comments
1 - 11 of 11 Comments Last updated Dec 16, 2012
Syrian

New London, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Interesting article!
George

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Syrian wrote:
Interesting article!
You do know that this article is written in Oregon and is fiction?? Right??
pearls before swine

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

The only fiction is what you anticipate for a post-Assad Syria, spanky.

“hi ya”

Since: Feb 12

Manchester

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

"...Students here in Damascus intend to publish a more detailed list of consumer goods every two weeks. Yesterday some picketed the empty American embassy in protest against US led sanctions.“The Syrian people will never forget or forgive the American campaign to starve us into submission”, one sign read.

It appears to this observer that, rather as is the case with Iran, the illegal and immoral US led sanctions, which urgently need to be challenged at The Hague, imposed on the civilian population of Syria is having the opposite effect of what their cynical architects intended. The piling on of sanctions is giving credibility to the Assad government which, while employing measures to curtail prices increases here, so far with modest success, is arguing that the price rises are the result of Syria’s American and Zionist enemies. This view is widely shared among students at Damascus University and the general public."
Oliver Cromwell

Poulton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Genie2 wrote:
"...Students here in Damascus intend to publish a more detailed list of consumer goods every two weeks. Yesterday some picketed the empty American embassy in protest against US led sanctions.“The Syrian people will never forget or forgive the American campaign to starve us into submission”, one sign read.
It appears to this observer that, rather as is the case with Iran, the illegal and immoral US led sanctions, which urgently need to be challenged at The Hague, imposed on the civilian population of Syria is having the opposite effect of what their cynical architects intended. The piling on of sanctions is giving credibility to the Assad government which, while employing measures to curtail prices increases here, so far with modest success, is arguing that the price rises are the result of Syria’s American and Zionist enemies. This view is widely shared among students at Damascus University and the general public."
Its time for those students to put away their books put their studies on hold and pick up a gun to defend their Country
Syrian

New London, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Genie2 wrote:
How could those Syrian students ever forgive the West for recognizing Islamic extremists and AlQaeda terrorist forces, as the legitimate government of Syria???
Syrian

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

My Dearest god Assad. Just found out that the Patriotic Syrians are not giving up! Can't blame me! I had been trying my best with the lies and propaganda to help you out but the educated and those with higher IQ's are not buying it! I certainly hope this will not reflect in my next paychecks from you! I find myself gum flappin' at the mouth with repeated nonsense because it's all I can think of!! Things like, "CLINTON, MCCAIN, THE WEST, ISRAEL, ZIONISTS, THE U.N., THE ARAB LEAQUE NEED TO STAY THE HELL OUT OF SYRIAN ALTHOUGH I HAVE NO PROOF IF THEY ARE THERE OR NOT! I JUST LIKE MAKING UP FILTHY LITTLE LIES! The Russians are putting it right up despicable Zionist's rear ends even though they have not been involved IN ANY OF YOUR MURDERING ESCAPADES! Russia has stopped the West in its tracks! I really don't know what tracks I'm talking about but what the hell? Russians are true friends to you my god! So are murderous dictators in Venezuela, China and Iran as well. Zionists are behind all of your murdering escapades and blaming it all on you, my god Assad! THAT'S AN OUTRAGE!! McCain, Hillary and the West have sent American forces into Syria without anyone but you and I knowing about it. Those Syrian Patriots have been defeated for the millionth time! Or is that 2 million times?? I forgot! The USA, the West, The U.N., the Arab League, Zionists, Jews, Christians, Israel and Joe Bag Of Donuts down the street are forcing you, my god Assad, to murder 30,000 your own people. That's despicable!! Please understand that I am hiding out in Connecticut (THE WEST) as your faithful servant and lying propagandist so that the Real Syrians Patriots who don't like a Murderous Dictator can't find me. Yours Forever and EVER AND EVER!!
P.S. THANKS FOR THIS MONTHS PAYCHECKS!

Signed, THE SYRIAN ASSADOMITE!
Syrian

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Oliver Cromwell wrote:
<quoted text>
Its time for those students to put away their books put their studies on hold and pick up a gun to defend their Country
You and I need to join the Al-Qaida ladies dance troupe for us dancing Assad Sock Puppets!! What do you think??
Oliver Cromwell

Southport, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

Syrian wrote:
<quoted text>You and I need to join the Al-Qaida ladies dance troupe for us dancing Assad Sock Puppets!! What do you think??
I wouldn't want to belong to any Club that would have me as a member,you speak for yourself Clown.
Syrian

New London, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

Genie2 wrote:
Yep! The truth is finally about to come out.
Syrian

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

Oliver Cromwell wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't want to belong to any Club that would have me as a member,you speak for yourself Clown.
You and I need to join the Al-Qaida ladies dance troupe for us dancing Assad Sock Puppets!! What do you think clown??

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Respublika Dagestan, Russia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rebel Leader in Leaked Audio: 'Cossacks' Shot D... Jul 28 tarmo 10
Anti-Semitism is quite uncommon in Russia, acco... (Apr '13) Jan '14 Karl 11
Drunk Policeman Plows Into Traffic Checkpoint i... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Mr Slovak 1
Making Sense of the Tsarnaev Brothers (Apr '13) Jul '13 Dimitri100 657
What we know about the Tsarnaev brothers (Apr '13) Apr '13 THE LAST WARRIOR ... 331
Boston suspects' father postpones trip to US (Apr '13) Apr '13 whodunit 6
Boston Suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev: 'I Don't Have... (Apr '13) Apr '13 myth 2

Search the Respublika Dagestan, Russia Forum:
•••