20 rebels, 11 police killed in Russia...

20 rebels, 11 police killed in Russia's Caucasus

There are 1 comment on the Arab News story from Feb 18, 2012, titled 20 rebels, 11 police killed in Russia's Caucasus. In it, Arab News reports that:

MAKHACHKALA, Russia: Russian authorities say 20 militants and 11 police have been killed in several days of fighting in the volatile North Caucasus region.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Arab News.

abc

United States

#1 Feb 18, 2012
MAKHACHKALA, Russia: Russian authorities say 20 militants and 11 police have been killed in several days of fighting in the volatile North Caucasus region.

Chechnya’s Moscow-backed regional leader, Ramzan Kadyrov, said his forces killed seven rebels Friday near the administrative border with neighboring province of Dagestan.

Kadyrov said in a statement that 13 other militants had been killed there earlier this week.

Dagestan’s branch of the Russian Interior Ministry said 11 police were killed and 17 others wounded in three days of clashes near the border.

In a separate clash Friday in another Caucasus province of Kabardino-Balkariya, police killed three suspected militants.

Russia’s North Caucasus has been destabilized by an Islamic insurgency that has spread across the region after two separatist wars in Chechnya.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Respublika Dagestan, Russia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Russian Military Flights To Syria Skirting Cauc... (Sep '15) Sep '15 just a guy i knew 1
News Opposition Politician Assaulted, Beaten in Dagh... (Feb '15) Feb '15 FREEDOM for DAGHE... 3
News Rebel Leader in Leaked Audio: 'Cossacks' Shot D... (Jul '14) Sep '14 Avenger 12
News Anti-Semitism is quite uncommon in Russia, acco... (Apr '13) Jan '14 Karl 11
News Drunk Policeman Plows Into Traffic Checkpoint i... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Mr Slovak 1
News Making Sense of the Tsarnaev Brothers (Apr '13) Jul '13 Dimitri100 657
News What we know about the Tsarnaev brothers (Apr '13) Apr '13 THE LAST WARRIOR ... 331
More from around the web