Russian air forces will acquire over 100 heavy military transport aircraft during 2014-2020

Jun 4, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Avia.Ru

Russian air forces expect the start of bulk deliveries of heavy military transport aircraft in 2014, ITAR-TASS reports.

Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Jun 4, 2012

“Progressive liberal politic”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#1 Jun 4, 2012
Russia need to abolish the obligatory military service, and to make army 100% professional-voluntary.

Russia need modernization.
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Jun 4, 2012
yes russia needs obama to lead the military as the CIC there, we will gladly send him to you in November when he goes job hunting.

“Ethically confused ”

Since: Feb 10

Culturally aware

#3 Jun 4, 2012
There is a lot to be said about a all volunteer Army but still,,, Mandatory service also has merits, Both systems instill pride and maturity and a love for ones country {Something some men in the states under 25 who have never been in the military sadly lack} so I am leaning towards conscription {or for a better word a Draft} at least in the US.

SWG

Houston, Texas

#4 Jun 4, 2012
Sticking your neck out wrote:
There is a lot to be said about a all volunteer Army but still,,, Mandatory service also has merits, Both systems instill pride and maturity and a love for ones country {Something some men in the states under 25 who have never been in the military sadly lack} so I am leaning towards conscription {or for a better word a Draft} at least in the US.
Sorry Sticks, can't go with you on this one. The draft is needed BUT only under very special circumstances. Besides this, there is the "Selective Service Act". All youths from age 18-25 have to enroll in it in case a draft is required. Mandatory military service really doesn't work well. You can't tell me that an army made up of people that are forced to be there is going to be better than an army made up of people who want to be there. For one thing the training for a volunteer army is much better as it is specialized and on going. For the mandatory army just about the time the soldiers have been trained how to shoot a rifle properly and keep it in good working order their service is up. For these simple reasons Ukraine is moving to a volunteer army and I think Russia is doing the same thing. Or at least there has been talk of it.

“Ethically confused ”

Culturally aware

#5 Jun 4, 2012
SWG wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Sticks, can't go with you on this one. The draft is needed BUT only under very special circumstances. Besides this, there is the "Selective Service Act". All youths from age 18-25 have to enroll in it in case a draft is required. Mandatory military service really doesn't work well. You can't tell me that an army made up of people that are forced to be there is going to be better than an army made up of people who want to be there. For one thing the training for a volunteer army is much better as it is specialized and on going. For the mandatory army just about the time the soldiers have been trained how to shoot a rifle properly and keep it in good working order their service is up. For these simple reasons Ukraine is moving to a volunteer army and I think Russia is doing the same thing. Or at least there has been talk of it.
Still I think some mandatory Miltary service would be a good thing for some of the youth in the states,, They seem to need a little stress in there lives. But I do see your point

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pushkin, Russia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
America Hates Vladimir Putin and Doesn't Much L... (Feb '14) Mar '14 neutral observer 17
In Ukraine If you are having trouble understand... Mar '14 Alexey25 2
Russian: The Language of Grammatical and Lingui... (Feb '09) Oct '13 quaotes76 247
Russian diva to open third Met season in a row (Sep '13) Sep '13 hunt 1
Arrests as Russian Nationalists Hold 'Day of Rage' (Apr '13) Apr '13 Germany is Land o... 1
McDonald's losing Russia fight ends go-it-alone... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Ronald McDonald 1
Russian demonstrators rally in support of U.S. ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Tex Rogers 114
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pushkin, Russia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••