Coming Out in Russia

Coming Out in Russia

There are 155 comments on the Transitions Online story from Oct 25, 2011, titled Coming Out in Russia. In it, Transitions Online reports that:

Gay activists are finding their own way of dealing with a hostile and "buttoned-up" society.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Transitions Online.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

“Ethically confused ”

Since: Feb 10

Culturally aware

#160 Oct 31, 2011
danny wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
<quoted text>
Lots of people are homosexual and it hurts nobody. Pretty normal by my books.
<quoted text>
I laugh at the fact that you seem not to know we are part of it.
<quoted text>
Why are you comparing homosexuality to cannibalism?
<quoted text>
Thanks. I chose to be gay at 11.
<quoted text>Your wants and want-nots with regards to other people's lives are of interest to nobody.
Sticking your neck out wrote:
<quoted text>Normal” expect for the Spartans and the Romans who believed in pedophilia and homosexuality,,, Are you saying that is what you believe in also? No,,,
What?
You quoted history,,, I simply sited some historical facts that perhaps you should research a bit before you use history to justify your sexual orientation as normal.
Homosexuality is not normal behavior in humans.
Lots of people are homosexual and it hurts nobody. Pretty normal by my books.
I am quite sure it is normal in “Your Books” but it is not normal in every one else’s
I laugh at your comment about comparing us to the animal kingdom
I laugh at the fact that you seem not to know we are part of it.
We are animals true enough,,, but human beings have higher brain functions as well as a moral compass {well most of us anyway} that differentiates us,,
It’s also normal for animals to eat their young in some instances,, Still does not make it normal for humans.
Because you’re the one who compared us all to animals,,, Keep your story straight
I am not opposed to your choice {that is your business
Thanks. I chose to be gay at 11.
No,,, Your abnormal behavior began at 11
I don’t want to see parades or any other attempt to portray yourself as normal or to set yourself as some kind of protected minority. It’s a life choice,,, nothing more so kindly keep it to yourself.
Your wants and want-nots with regards to other people's lives are of interest to nobody.
Oh contrary to your statement my wants and want not’s only reflect the vast majority who do not wish homosexuality to be accepted as normal,,
immm

Banbury, UK

#161 Oct 31, 2011
your still pissed????
Dan

Tyumen, Russia

#163 Oct 31, 2011
Pro Ukraine wrote:
<quoted text>Are you an idiot, katsap? Why have you dropped delo from your name? Is it because you think just calling yourself Dan will make youself more attractive to gays?:-)
"Dandelo", hah? Genius, are you not...
immm

Banbury, UK

#164 Oct 31, 2011
like i said the discourse....everywhere is quite hostile....it's unfortunate....and i'm sad becoz of it......very sad.....unhappy

“Alley Cat Blues”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#165 Nov 1, 2011
uther pendragon wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense. For every strictly gay person there must be fifty who are bisexual. Having those proclivities they are naturally far more promiscuious than normal people so...
Are you jealous?
Boris

Voronezh, Russia

#166 Nov 1, 2011
Why do you guys f*ck each other's butts?
That's SICK!

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#167 Nov 1, 2011
Hey Boris, you sound somewhat vulgar.

Since: Dec 10

Seattle

#169 Nov 4, 2011
Denying anyone the opportunity to take part in society’s institutions makes you a bigot. People in the LGBT community pay taxes and therefore have a right to assembly and a right to institutions like marriage.

I don’t know what makes you so arrogant that you think others have to care about what offends you. Sorry this isn’t the Victorian age, sexuality is something that has been marketed. So to complain about two men holding hands, when there are countless billboards showing people doing more than that is quite ridiculous.*rolls eyes*

There are really only two kinds of male homophobes; there is the closet case and then the misogynist.

The arguments about it being strange are stupid, it occurs in nature. So are gay Dolphins and Penguins turning their calves and fledglings gay when they engage in homosexual behavior??? LMAO!

“Ethically confused ”

Since: Feb 10

Culturally aware

#170 Nov 5, 2011
-Farah- wrote:
Denying anyone the opportunity to take part in society’s institutions makes you a bigot. People in the LGBT community pay taxes and therefore have a right to assembly and a right to institutions like marriage.
I don’t know what makes you so arrogant that you think others have to care about what offends you. Sorry this isn’t the Victorian age, sexuality is something that has been marketed. So to complain about two men holding hands, when there are countless billboards showing people doing more than that is quite ridiculous.*rolls eyes*
There are really only two kinds of male homophobes; there is the closet case and then the misogynist.
The arguments about it being strange are stupid, it occurs in nature. So are gay Dolphins and Penguins turning their calves and fledglings gay when they engage in homosexual behavior??? LMAO!
Nope there are way more than two types of people who find this unacceptable in public,, There is also the normal type of everyday folks who don’t want their kids seeing what society in general has been regarding as deviant behavior since time was gauged. If you want to dress up like the “Fireman and the naughty secretary” in the privacy your own home then by all means have at it,,, Just don’t have a parade about it,,, You certainly don’t act like any kind of Muslim I have ever known ,,,you really certain about your convictions?,,,,lol,,,, Well at least you’re not killing them for their life style like your brethren in other countries,, I suppose that is something.
Miles

San Diego, CA

#171 Nov 5, 2011
Boris wrote:
Why do you guys f*ck each other's butts?
That's SICK!
Why r u on a human sexuality forum when you're clueless about sex and since ur perfect, you would not be reading dirty posts you saint lol

I bet u give BJ to dudes at truck stops and feel guilty about it.
Pro Ukraine

UK

#172 Nov 5, 2011
Miles wrote:
<quoted text>
Why r u on a human sexuality forum when you're clueless about sex and since ur perfect, you would not be reading dirty posts you saint lol
I bet u give BJ to dudes at truck stops and feel guilty about it.
This thread is also on the Russia forum, which is where I'm posting from now.
Insincere

Tangerang, Indonesia

#173 Nov 5, 2011
danny wrote:
I wish somebody with enough organizing resources would invite lots of people from all across Russia and overseas to one big protest Pride in St. Petersburg, the city of revolutions. It's about time we told let the heterosexual majority we will no longer tolerate discrimination, want our rights and we want them now.
Yeps, make it..

Since: Oct 11

Ufa, Russia

#174 Nov 5, 2011
I am quite sure it is normal in “Your Books” but it is not normal in every one else’s
I say it's normal because it's a common and harmless occurrence in humans. What's your reason for saying it's not?
Oh contrary to your statement my wants and want not’s only reflect the vast majority who do not wish homosexuality to be accepted as normal,,
Human rights cannot be taken away by popular vote.
Because you’re the one who compared us all to animals,,, Keep your story straight
I'm not comparing us to animals, because we are animals.
Homosexuality is not cannibalism and they are completely dissimilar. You are retarded.
I am not opposed to your choice {that is your business
<...>
--I chose to be gay at 11--
No,,, Your abnormal behavior began at 11
<...>
It’s a life choice,,,
Goddamn retard. Can't even stick to your own story.
jaacky

Moscow, Russia

#176 Oct 4, 2013
add kristeferjones .... 23 M Moscow... good looking... huge cock
mundos

Corryton, TN

#177 Oct 9, 2013
jaacky wrote:
add kristeferjones .... 23 M Moscow... good looking... huge cock
Get lost pervert.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moscow, Russia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Russia Plans To Use Prison Labor For 2018 World... 18 hr FIFA Slave Labour 4
News Rogin: Putin burns Russian dead to hide Ukraine... Thu DEAD RUSSIAN TERR... 1
News Turkey Condemns Russia For Armenian Genocide Re... Wed Rockstar 8
News Students' Dilemma: The situation in parts of Uk... May 26 Zeppelin 1
News Russia's Expansionist Disease May 26 RUSSIA IS DYING 4
News Russian Soldiers Captured in Ukraine Feel 'Aban... May 26 RUSSIAN DUPES 15
Americans are isolated daily usa Return isolati... May 25 monarchy usa 2
More from around the web