Coming Out in Russia

Coming Out in Russia

There are 155 comments on the Transitions Online story from Oct 25, 2011, titled Coming Out in Russia. In it, Transitions Online reports that:

Gay activists are finding their own way of dealing with a hostile and "buttoned-up" society.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Transitions Online.

Since: Oct 11

Gainesville, FL

#140 Oct 30, 2011
Sticking your neck out wrote:
<quoted text>Normal” expect for the Spartans and the Romans who believed in pedophilia and homosexuality,,, Are you saying that is what you believe in also? No,,, Homosexuality is not normal behavior in humans. I laugh at your comment about comparing us to the animal kingdom, once again,, It’s also normal for animals to eat their young in some instances,, Still does not make it normal for humans. I am not opposed to your choice {that is your business} but I don’t want to see parades or any other attempt to portray yourself as normal or to set yourself as some kind of protected minority. It’s a life choice,,, nothing more so kindly keep it to yourself.
do you keep your gender preference to yourself? what is it about homosexuality that scares you and demetri?

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#141 Oct 30, 2011
fr stick:

>...No I do not wish my children to view what I {ad 5000 years of history and the majority of public opinion} would call deviant public behavior, You seem to be the only one here calling me a bigot,,, <

Bigot. If you don't want pwecious wittle johnny and susie to see GLBT people, then homeschool them and don't let them leave the house.

GLBTs are teachers, data entry people, techs, customer service reps, tutors, clergy, doctors, dentists, nurses, firefighters, police officers, football players, truck drivers, librarians, bankers, lawyers, singers, dancers, etc.

Your kids have already seen them. I suggest that you grow UP and get a life.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#142 Oct 30, 2011
fr Fred ABQ:

>Bugs Bunny was born July 27, 1940 under Ebbets Field in Flatbush in Brooklyn on Long Island.<

I just found out this year that I was born (some years later!) on his birthday!!!! I KNEW I love Bugs for a good reason!

(However, my mother probably rues the day I was first acquainted with Bugs, as there are certain pieces of classical music that I can't hear without laughing hysterically!)

“WOOF !”

Since: Jul 11

Libertarian

#143 Oct 30, 2011
Pattysboi wrote:
fr Fred ABQ:
>Bugs Bunny was born July 27, 1940 under Ebbets Field in Flatbush in Brooklyn on Long Island.<
I just found out this year that I was born (some years later!) on his birthday!!!! I KNEW I love Bugs for a good reason!
(However, my mother probably rues the day I was first acquainted with Bugs, as there are certain pieces of classical music that I can't hear without laughing hysterically!)
Yes, I know what you mean. I STILL watch Bugs Bunny whenever it's on and I'm in my 50's. Great humor like taht is funny forever. Remember the "Square Dance" ?

LOL

The Flintstones is anothe rone of my FAVS.

Remember "Happy Anniversary" ?

ROFL !

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Dan

Tyumen, Russia

#144 Oct 31, 2011
uther pendragon wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you prefer to consider it a genetic defect then?
that wouldn't make much sense since gays rarely have children
Dan

Tyumen, Russia

#145 Oct 31, 2011
<quoted text>Normal” expect for the Spartans and the Romans who believed in pedophilia and homosexuality,,, Are you saying that is what you believe in also? No,,, Homosexuality is not normal behavior in humans. I laugh at your comment about comparing us to the animal kingdom, once again,, It’s also normal for animals to eat their young in some instances,, Still does not make it normal for humans. I am not opposed to your choice {that is your business} but I don’t want to see parades or any other attempt to portray yourself as normal or to set yourself as some kind of protected minority. It’s a life choice,,, nothing more so kindly keep it to yourself.
for that matter both Christianity and Islam have tons of absolutely immoral things in their scriptures... quite often the scriptures actually encourage people to do them. Sex slave trade, pedophilia, inbreeding, you know.
However people don't have problems with believing in it.

“Ethically confused ”

Since: Feb 10

Culturally aware

#146 Oct 31, 2011
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
for that matter both Christianity and Islam have tons of absolutely immoral things in their scriptures... quite often the scriptures actually encourage people to do them. Sex slave trade, pedophilia, inbreeding, you know.
However people don't have problems with believing in it.
What you choose to do with your life is your business,,, But it’s a life choice or Life Style if you will,,, It does not make you a protected minority and it certainly does not make you normal. Keep it behind your door,, Do not try to legitimize your life style as normal in affect forcing everyone to accept your life style as normal when it’s not. It’s no more normal then a fetish and should be viewed as such. Such behavior even biblically was viewed as immoral and wrong so your argument falls down there.
Darren

Swindon, UK

#147 Oct 31, 2011
<quoted text>What you choose to do with your life is your business,,, But it’s a life choice or Life Style if you will,,, It does not make you a protected minority and it certainly does not make you normal. Keep it behind your door,, Do not try to legitimize your life style as normal in affect forcing everyone to accept your life style as normal when it’s not. It’s no more normal then a fetish and should be viewed as such. Such behavior even biblically was viewed as immoral and wrong so your argument falls down there.
I am finding you sexually arousing. Fancy meeting up? Lol

:-)
Dan

Tyumen, Russia

#148 Oct 31, 2011
Darren wrote:
<quoted text>
I am finding you sexually arousing. Fancy meeting up? Lol
:-)
Pouky, are you suffering from the split personality again?

Since: Jan 10

California USA

#149 Oct 31, 2011
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
On the old days - 20 years ago - many (most?) gays got married and had kids to hide it from their parents/families, employers, and society in general. So if it's something genetic, it was passed on.
Nowadays, they have kids thru surrogates, so their genes will get passed on that way. But I don't think most gays bother with that. It's also very expensive.

But I've read that it isn't genetic - something about the mother producing antibodies when she has a male child in the womb? The first one comes out hetero but any boys after that MIGHT react to the antibodies and it affects their hormones or something.
That theory may be outdated by now.

“Alley Cat Blues”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#150 Oct 31, 2011
Fred ABQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I know what you mean. I STILL watch Bugs Bunny whenever it's on and I'm in my 50's. Great humor like taht is funny forever. Remember the "Square Dance" ?
LOL
The Flintstones is anothe rone of my FAVS.
Remember "Happy Anniversary" ?
ROFL !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =IQQGSsI87kAXX
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Love those! Thanks for sharing.
Pro Ukraine

UK

#151 Oct 31, 2011
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Pouky, are you suffering from the split personality again?
Are you an idiot, katsap? Why have you dropped delo from your name? Is it because you think just calling yourself Dan will make youself more attractive to gays?:-)
Pro Ukraine

UK

#152 Oct 31, 2011
Cassandra_ wrote:
<quoted text>On the old days - 20 years ago - many (most?) gays got married and had kids to hide it from their parents/families, employers, and society in general. So if it's something genetic, it was passed on.
Nowadays, they have kids thru surrogates, so their genes will get passed on that way. But I don't think most gays bother with that. It's also very expensive.
But I've read that it isn't genetic - something about the mother producing antibodies when she has a male child in the womb? The first one comes out hetero but any boys after that MIGHT react to the antibodies and it affects their hormones or something.
That theory may be outdated by now.
Trying to come up with excuses why Pisko is a poofter?:-)
danny

Ufa, Russia

#153 Oct 31, 2011
<quoted text>Normal” expect for the Spartans and the Romans who believed in pedophilia and homosexuality,,, Are you saying that is what you believe in also? No,,,
What?
Homosexuality is not normal behavior in humans.
Lots of people are homosexual and it hurts nobody. Pretty normal by my books.
I laugh at your comment about comparing us to the animal kingdom
I laugh at the fact that you seem not to know we are part of it.
It’s also normal for animals to eat their young in some instances,, Still does not make it normal for humans.
Why are you comparing homosexuality to cannibalism?
I am not opposed to your choice {that is your business
Thanks. I chose to be gay at 11.
I don’t want to see parades or any other attempt to portray yourself as normal or to set yourself as some kind of protected minority. It’s a life choice,,, nothing more so kindly keep it to yourself.
Your wants and want-nots with regards to other people's lives are of interest to nobody.
AbeUG

United States

#154 Oct 31, 2011
Pouky, I get so aroused when you talk dirty like that.

Please say you're not just toying with me.
danny

Ufa, Russia

#155 Oct 31, 2011
uther pendragon wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you prefer to consider it a genetic defect then?
Is there any real scientific evidence suggesting so?

“Trust no one in politics.”

Since: Apr 08

Pompano Beach, FL

#156 Oct 31, 2011
danny wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there any real scientific evidence suggesting so?
If you believe that it is not a mental illness but rather that some folks were born with it and have no choice but to have such impulses... then what else could it be?

A genetic defect. About like elephant man's disease.

“Trust no one in politics.”

Since: Apr 08

Pompano Beach, FL

#157 Oct 31, 2011
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense. For every strictly gay person there must be fifty who are bisexual. Having those proclivities they are naturally far more promiscuious than normal people so...
danny

Ufa, Russia

#158 Oct 31, 2011
danny wrote:
Is there any real scientific evidence?
uther pendragon wrote:
blah blah blah
Didn't think so.

“Ethically confused ”

Since: Feb 10

Culturally aware

#159 Oct 31, 2011
Pattysboi wrote:
fr stick:
>...No I do not wish my children to view what I {ad 5000 years of history and the majority of public opinion} would call deviant public behavior, You seem to be the only one here calling me a bigot,,, <
Bigot. If you don't want pwecious wittle johnny and susie to see GLBT people, then homeschool them and don't let them leave the house.
GLBTs are teachers, data entry people, techs, customer service reps, tutors, clergy, doctors, dentists, nurses, firefighters, police officers, football players, truck drivers, librarians, bankers, lawyers, singers, dancers, etc.
Your kids have already seen them. I suggest that you grow UP and get a life.
I have a life,, You on the other hand have a “Life Style”,,, Huge difference

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moscow, Russia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Russia's luxury gifts for Olympic medallists sp... 9 hr Stephany McDowell 1
News Bold moves, tepid gains: Have central banks met... 12 hr Stephany McDowell 1
News Whoopsie: Russian hackers post same document tw... Thu FILTHY RUSSIAN LIARS 1
News Can Russia Survive Washington's Challenge? Aug 23 RUSSIA in CHAOS 2
News Iran chastises Russia for publicizing use of Ir... Aug 23 RUSSIA HUMILIATED 2
News Russia marks 25th years since failed Soviet coup Aug 21 RUSSIA in DECLINE 2
News Iran -- Russia -- Azerbaijan: Need for Pragmati... Aug 21 Stephany McDowell 3
More from around the web