Coming Out in Russia

Coming Out in Russia

There are 155 comments on the Transitions Online story from Oct 25, 2011, titled Coming Out in Russia. In it, Transitions Online reports that:

Gay activists are finding their own way of dealing with a hostile and "buttoned-up" society.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Transitions Online.

Small Town America UGX

Absecon, NJ

#25 Oct 25, 2011
AbeUG wrote:
<quoted text>
We got it.
Thanks, Abe, and did you get this post too????
AbeUG

Putnam Valley, NY

#26 Oct 25, 2011
Small Town America UGX wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, Abe, and did you get this post too????
Yup!!!

You know sometimes their censorship efforts are like hit and miss.

Its like they can ban us for a while but they can't sustain it.

Its kind of like Uther's sentences. He can start a sentence but he can't sustain it.
AbeUG

Putnam Valley, NY

#27 Oct 25, 2011
XD
tru

London, UK

#28 Oct 25, 2011
blood thats where peter thatchell got armz'd....he like the international gay ambassador!!!......but gay guys get more pressure than female compatriots.....i wonder why???....
kandidkaddy

London, UK

#29 Oct 25, 2011
like i said im not like ya'll.....i hope you didn't freek him out....make him move employment.....im starting to think there are times you get deep into wiked game playing tendancies......why???
kandidkaddy

London, UK

#30 Oct 25, 2011
your a she player.....you like it dont you!!!....come on now!!!.....
kandidkaddy

London, UK

#31 Oct 25, 2011
moving the pieces around the board!!!!.....your not bored yet!!!
kandidkaddy

London, UK

#32 Oct 25, 2011
im worried at alot of your post's....
Small Town America UGX

Absecon, NJ

#33 Oct 25, 2011
AbeUG wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup!!!
You know sometimes their censorship efforts are like hit and miss.
Its like they can ban us for a while but they can't sustain it.
Its kind of like Uther's sentences. He can start a sentence but he can't sustain it.
Haha. Some of my posts have reappeared, but not all of them. But I dunno why they pick on us, Abe. Geez!! We are such gentlemen. But those members of that neo-nazi A.S.S. gang are really anti-intelligece , anti-truth, and just anti-social.
AbeUG

Putnam Valley, NY

#34 Oct 25, 2011
<quoted text>
Haha. Some of my posts have reappeared, but not all of them. But I dunno why they pick on us, Abe. Geez!! We are such gentlemen. But those members of that neo-nazi A.S.S. gang are really anti-intelligece , anti-truth, and just anti-social.
Indeed.

Where is Pesko?

I think he's still reeling from all your pounding of him.
Small Town America UGX

United States

#37 Oct 25, 2011
I tried coming out of the house once in Russia. I had ten bodyguards with me and I was still accosted by a gang of neo-nazi eight year olds. They slipped right through my bodyguards' legs and pelted me with rotten bananas, yelling Chiquita child workers unite!. and 'Yanqui, go home!" The girls were the meanest. Next time, I'll have a phalanx of bodyguards like the old Romans, shields top and bottom. Ha!
Horris

Lester Prairie, MN

#41 Oct 25, 2011
Dmitriy the Grey wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you want to tell someone that you're sick? Its only your problem. Noone else is interested. Do you understand that we dont want our children to see you? Because we dont want them to become something like you? Can you spare us from seeing you? Do what you want to do at your very home, but pls refuse from this idea.
Well said and you guys in Russia aren't the only ones fed up with these freaks.
I like the approach of the Russian government and the citizens towards the dirty queers.
Beat them with night-sticks and billy-clubs after the decent and common citizens have chased them out of the streets.
Queers have no place in a decent society.
Bravo Russia!
danny

Ufa, Russia

#43 Oct 25, 2011
Sticking your neck out wrote:
The majority of the people of Ukraine and Russia do not want this type of behavior passed off as normal so they let their feelings be known and voted against it. They said {pretty much in one loud voice} that what you do behind the privacy of your own door is your business but don’t force your life style on us,,, Democracy at its best,,, you would think[/q]
Think again.

Article 31
Citizens of the Russian Federation shall have the right to assemble peacefully, without weapons, hold rallies, meetings and demonstrations, marches and pickets.

The Constitution of the Russian Federation.

[QUOTE]But let us not forget, what about the will of the majority of the people? Don’t they have a say any more in the goings on in their community? Is it right for a small group of people to force their life style on a larger group of people just because it makes them feel better about them self’s?
You're right, the majority has no say in this issue. In a democracy, the rights of a minority cannot be limited by majority vote.
What do you mean force 'their lifestyle'? I didn't know anyone was forcing you to turn gay. Or do you get that urge from watching gay pride parades? Us gay people being forced into the heterosexual life style, including by intimidation and open violence, on the other hand, is a very real problem.
Homosexuality is not normal behavior {No getting around that} but neither is nude beach ball,,, People being people will always try to justify them self’s and their actions no matter what the rest of us think or believe. We then get into the whole I’m born Gay thing,,, the gay gene and the list goes on and on… If a fellow sees a attractive young woman he is aroused,,, But when he finds out that she is only 16 years old he does not pursue it. Why you ask???,,, because its considered wrong in the eyes of society because she is a child and is not yet a consenting adult . There will be many who will say that this type of action is healthy and normal but the majority of us know this to be wrong both socially and in most spiritually and do not condone it at all. So I will ask,, what is the difference?
No, I don't know what's wrong with either homosexuality or nude beach ball. But I'm looking forward to your clarification.
I do not want to walk down a street and explain to my children why two grown men {Or two grown women for that matter} are passionately kissing after raising them to believe that this kind of behavior is wrong and unacceptable {Jeeze!!! it is hard enough being a kid or a parent now a days for that matter with all of this going on around you today}.
How is it gay people's fault you're raising your children as ignorant bigots? Get a grip on logic please.
Every country is different with different values and all of this should be respected.
No, homophobia should not be respected just because it's a tradition. Cannibalism is part of some societies' values, but nobody in their right mind would respect it on that basis.

Since: Jan 10

California USA

#44 Oct 25, 2011
Is Tom in Russia????

“WOOF !”

Since: Jul 11

Libertarian

#46 Oct 25, 2011
danny wrote:
I wish somebody with enough organizing resources would invite lots of people from all across Russia and overseas to one big protest Pride in St. Petersburg, the city of revolutions. It's about time we told let the heterosexual majority we will no longer tolerate discrimination, want our rights and we want them now.
I don't think ANYONE in Russia has any rights at all anymore. Not since the tag team of Putin & Medvedev took over. I think it's clear that Putin intends on staying in power for the rest of his life, and he wants to turn the clock in Russia back to the bad old Soviet days.

After the collapse of the Soviet Union I was very optimistic and very hopeful that Russia would finally join the family of nations and become a real democracy with a free economy. I think that President Yeltsin was a GREAT man who did teh best he could in very difficullt times. Although he certainly was not perfect, and he made a lot of mistakes, he was the BEST thing that happene dto Russia in the past 100 years.

i think that Yeltsin's BIGGEST mistake was in picking Putin to succeed him.

I had really hoped and wanted for Russia and the United States to become BEST friends, so we could help each other, and other countries.

Sadly it seems that Putin wants no part of that.

My advice to EVERY SINGLE PERSON in Russia: Stop reproducing, and leave for other, better, countries as soon as you are able to do so.
danny

Ufa, Russia

#47 Oct 26, 2011
<quoted text>
ah!! And russia is full of tolerance and understanding. The trailer trash of Russia raises it's ugly head. hahaha.
Russia is an awful lot like another peace and tolerance wonderland known in history as Nazi Germany. At least we're not burning homosexuals alive.. not yet. I wonder how long before our fuhrer completely loses it and tries to invade a NATO member, resulting in Russia getting partitioned Germany-style and schooled on how human beings are to be treated in modern society.
danny

Ufa, Russia

#48 Oct 26, 2011
Fred ABQ, great post, mirrors my sentiments exactly. I too find it lamentable and that Russia completely abandoned all attempts at democratic reforms after encountering difficulties associated with their implementation, and has been working for the past decade to revert what progress has been made essentially trying to restore Soviet totalitarianism and international isolationism. It really is a pity the Russians don't realize that if they have any real allies in the world it's the US, EU and NATO.

“WOOF !”

Since: Jul 11

Libertarian

#49 Oct 26, 2011
danny wrote:
Fred ABQ, great post, mirrors my sentiments exactly. I too find it lamentable and that Russia completely abandoned all attempts at democratic reforms after encountering difficulties associated with their implementation, and has been working for the past decade to revert what progress has been made essentially trying to restore Soviet totalitarianism and international isolationism. It really is a pity the Russians don't realize that if they have any real allies in the world it's the US, EU and NATO.
Since you are obviously very astute, why are you still there ???

(A few months back I wrote (and saved I hope) a very good post on Russia, longer and more detailed than this. If I can, I'll try to find it and post it here).

I WAS very optimistic and hopeful the first few years after the collapse of the Soviet Union. Unfortunately, I am no longer hope ful nor optimistic. It seems almost like an ancient fictional Greek tragedy that Russia has suffered so grievously over the centuries from despots and invasions and war.:(

As a church-going Lutheran, I pray for the Russian people. But I wouldn't stay there if I were you.

If you ever want to chat on yahoo messenger, email me at [email protected]

PEACE !

“What goes around comes around”

Since: Feb 11

Rostov-on-Don, Russia

#50 Oct 26, 2011
danny wrote:
<quoted text>
When you say 'we', who exactly do you mean? Because you should only speak for the homophobic dirtbags such as yourself, not all of society. And what if I don't want my children to see or become something like you? Much as I regret it, it doesn't nullify your human rights. Neither does it give me any right to call your fixation on the vagina a sickness, however gross I may personally find it.
By "we" i menat the majority - not gay ppl. You dont want your children to see us? I'm not very good at biology thing but children of GAY??? This is too much.

“Ethically confused ”

Since: Feb 10

Culturally aware

#51 Oct 26, 2011
danny wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, the majority has no say in this issue. In a democracy, the rights of a minority cannot be limited by majority vote.
What do you mean force 'their lifestyle'? I didn't know anyone was forcing you to turn gay. Or do you get that urge from watching gay pride parades? Us gay people being forced into the heterosexual life style, including by intimidation and open violence, on the other hand, is a very real problem.
<quoted text>
No, I don't know what's wrong with either homosexuality or nude beach ball. But I'm looking forward to your clarification.
<quoted text>
How is it gay people's fault you're raising your children as ignorant bigots? Get a grip on logic please.
<quoted text>
No, homophobia should not be respected just because it's a tradition. Cannibalism is part of some societies' values, but nobody in their right mind would respect it on that basis.
No Homosexuality is not normal behavior, If it was “Normal” it would be called “Sexuality” No I do not wish my children to view what I {and 5000 years of history and the majority of public opinion} would call deviant public behavior, You seem to be the only one here calling me a bigot,,,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moscow, Russia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Putin calls on European Jews to take refuge in ... Jan 27 NAZI RUSSIA 31
News GOP lawmakers seek to end purchase of Russian r... Jan 27 Bama Yankee 1
News Russian Economy Shrinks Most Since 2009 as Oil ... Jan 26 TINY LIKE PUTIN 3
News Russia's roughed-up ruble makes Canadian dollar... Jan 25 PUTINs RUBLE 1
News Russian ruble keeps on falling, hits new record... Jan 25 PUTINs RUBLE 3
News Russian ruble hits a new low as oil prices weaken Jan 19 MOSCOW BREADLINES 1
News Russia's ruble tanks on first day of trading af... Jan 16 MOSCOW BREADLINES 1
More from around the web