Chechnya parliament votes unanimously for Kadyrov as president

There are 4 comments on the Mar 6, 2011, Tass story titled Chechnya parliament votes unanimously for Kadyrov as president. In it, Tass reports that:

The Chechen parliament voted unanimously for Ramzan Kadyrov as republican president for the second term at its extraordinary meeting on Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Tass.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#23 Mar 6, 2011
I'm not sure actually.
And yea, UN/EU control/support is more of an idealistic view haha

It would be nice if it actually worked.

Kadyrov is Muslim and wants to have Chechnya as an Islamist state (started passing laws to that effect). The rebels are Muslims and use Islamic extremism-like terrorism tactics (suicide bombings, and recently moved from military targets to civilian ones). Majority of population is Muslim.
BUT, I think, for Islamic fundemantalism to spread (and then support an Islamic state) there have to be certain conditions like general dissatisfaction, exasperation, violence, limitation of political freedoms, no hope for better future (I think this is very important), and and some other things.

So in theory, if Kadyrov leaves, there is some sort of temporary ceasefire between rebels and government forces, if there are major reforms implemented and administered with UN/EU oversight, and later Chechnya is given much more political independence and benefits, and economy and infrustructure is improved, there is still a chance to make it a democratic place.

But yea. Would be really hard. Even with moderate leaders with Muslim support - look what happened to Pakistani "moderate" MPs...
Small Town America UGX

Pleasantville, NJ

#24 Mar 6, 2011
Yo Wassap wrote:
I'm not sure actually.
And yea, UN/EU control/support is more of an idealistic view haha
It would be nice if it actually worked.
Kadyrov is Muslim and wants to have Chechnya as an Islamist state (started passing laws to that effect). The rebels are Muslims and use Islamic extremism-like terrorism tactics (suicide bombings, and recently moved from military targets to civilian ones). Majority of population is Muslim.
BUT, I think, for Islamic fundemantalism to spread (and then support an Islamic state) there have to be certain conditions like general dissatisfaction, exasperation, violence, limitation of political freedoms, no hope for better future (I think this is very important), and and some other things.
So in theory, if Kadyrov leaves, there is some sort of temporary ceasefire between rebels and government forces, if there are major reforms implemented and administered with UN/EU oversight, and later Chechnya is given much more political independence and benefits, and economy and infrustructure is improved, there is still a chance to make it a democratic place.
But yea. Would be really hard. Even with moderate leaders with Muslim support - look what happened to Pakistani "moderate" MPs...
Yes, for it to work, the muslim population all must be of majority moderate thinking. In Pakistan, those in true power seem to be radicals. Their intelligence services, even those in their nuclear program giving away secrets to other muslim countries, etc.
Adolf Hitler

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#26 Mar 7, 2011
Kadyrovs heart is menstruating for Putin. Iam the real chechen king not kadyrov.
Robert

Brooklyn, NY

#27 Mar 7, 2011
Another serious matter that has started to receive attention;

http://ebiblefellowship.com/may21/index.html

May God bless and have mercy on us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Makhachkala, Russia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Opposition Politician Assaulted, Beaten in Dagh... Feb '15 FREEDOM for DAGHE... 3
News Drunk Policeman Plows Into Traffic Checkpoint i... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Mr Slovak 1
News Making Sense of the Tsarnaev Brothers (Apr '13) Jul '13 Dimitri100 657
The 2 Boston Brothers are Innocent (Jun '13) Jun '13 Timesten 1
News What we know about the Tsarnaev brothers (Apr '13) Apr '13 THE LAST WARRIOR ... 331
News Boston suspects' father postpones trip to US (Apr '13) Apr '13 whodunit 6
News Boston Suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev: 'I Don't Have... (Apr '13) Apr '13 myth 2
More from around the web