Russia and EU clash on trade ahead of...

Russia and EU clash on trade ahead of summit

There are 194 comments on the EUobserver story from Jun 6, 2011, titled Russia and EU clash on trade ahead of summit. In it, EUobserver reports that:

E Coli lozenges nestle in the pleats of a lettuce leaf ANDREW RETTMAN Today @ 08:15 CET EUOBSERVER / BRUSSELS - Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin has made fun of the World Trade Organisation and the EU ambassador in Moscow in the run-up to an EU-Russia summit.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EUobserver.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Tom in Lazybrook

Katy, TX

#1 Jun 6, 2011
Why bother talking to Russia. They apparently cannot be relied upon to stick to their prior agreements.

“Pink Ponies of Justice”

Since: Sep 07

Moscow, Russia

#2 Jun 6, 2011
Tom in Lazybrook wrote:
Why bother talking to Russia. They apparently cannot be relied upon to stick to their prior agreements.
What agreements? To buy the poisoned food? There can't be such agreements.

“UG X”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#3 Jun 6, 2011
OOOOOOOOOOOOOh, Ahhhhhhhh! Looks like WTO is closed for Russia for another few centuries. Not meant to be...
Tom in Lazybrook

Katy, TX

#4 Jun 6, 2011
coolncrazy wrote:
<quoted text>
What agreements? To buy the poisoned food? There can't be such agreements.
How about Article 11 of the ECHR? They pretty much have stated that they won't follow that agreement. Why should they be trusted in other areas

“Pink Ponies of Justice”

Since: Sep 07

Russia

#5 Jun 6, 2011
Tom in Lazybrook wrote:
<quoted text>
How about Article 11 of the ECHR? They pretty much have stated that they won't follow that agreement. Why should they be trusted in other areas
I don't see anything about trade, vegetables or the rights of E.coli bacterium in this article.
Rep Anthony Weiner Esq

Santa Clara, CA

#6 Jun 6, 2011
I support gay rights with a passion. Tom, can I send you some publicity photos of me?
Tom in Lazybrook

United States

#7 Jun 7, 2011
Rep Anthony Weiner Esq wrote:
I support gay rights with a passion. Tom, can I send you some publicity photos of me?
LOL! I think I'd rather see Anthony Breitbart bankrupted by Ms. Sharrod's lawsuit. But that is coming soon as well.

Since: May 08

Kiev-Moscow-St.Peterburg

#8 Jun 7, 2011
ana 8 wrote:
OOOOOOOOOOOOOh, Ahhhhhhhh! Looks like WTO is closed for Russia for another few centuries. Not meant to be...
Be sure, Ukraine can't reject poison from EU. Do you think WTO is a good think?

“UG X”

Location hidden

#9 Jun 7, 2011
M_A_X_I_M wrote:
<quoted text>
Be sure, Ukraine can't reject poison from EU. Do you think WTO is a good think?
Doesn't need too. Ukraine has its own cucumbers and even supplies it to Russia. Grow your own vegies, russian morons!
ronan

Banstead, UK

#10 Jun 7, 2011
ana 8 wrote:
<quoted text>Doesn't need too. Ukraine has its own cucumbers and even supplies it to Russia. Grow your own vegies, russian morons!
Get your own gas, Ukrainian morons!
Tom in Lazybrook

Spring, TX

#11 Jun 7, 2011
They should! All they need is a LNG terminal. Russian NG is much more expensive than the World Average NG price.

The collapsing price of Nat Gas versus Crude Oil prices is very bad news for Russia. And its' attempt to bully its' neighbors. Russia is an unreliable trade partner who can't be counted on to abide by its' agreements.

“UG X”

Location hidden

#12 Jun 8, 2011
ronan wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I piss you off again? LOL! LOL! LOL!

Kiev-Moscow-St.Peterburg

#13 Jun 8, 2011
ana 8 wrote:
<quoted text>Doesn't need too. Ukraine has its own cucumbers and even supplies it to Russia. Grow your own vegies, russian morons!
What I see on Ukrainian television, your government assures "we have not any bacterial infection in vegitables that we get from EU".
Russia has 100% ban on vegitables from EU.

Do you still want EU membership? Just like Bulgary?

“UG X”

Location hidden

#14 Jun 8, 2011
ronan wrote:
<quoted text>
You may want to ask yourself what will become of ruSSia if Ukraine has its own gas. LOL! Honestly, you are so stupid, you'd cut off your own nose to spite the face! LOL!

Kiev-Moscow-St.Peterburg

#15 Jun 8, 2011
Tom in Lazybrook wrote:
They should! All they need is a LNG terminal. Russian NG is much more expensive than the World Average NG price.
The collapsing price of Nat Gas versus Crude Oil prices is very bad news for Russia. And its' attempt to bully its' neighbors. Russia is an unreliable trade partner who can't be counted on to abide by its' agreements.
Oooops!
This is very timely statement after nuclear disaster in Japan.

May be you will tell as about modern fashion? Something about manicure please....

Kiev-Moscow-St.Peterburg

#16 Jun 8, 2011
ana 8 wrote:
<quoted text>You may want to ask yourself what will become of ruSSia if Ukraine has its own gas. LOL! Honestly, you are so stupid, you'd cut off your own nose to spite the face! LOL!
Do you really think Russia or EU needs in your cucumbers?

“UG X”

Location hidden

#17 Jun 8, 2011
M_A_X_I_M wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really think Russia or EU needs in your cucumbers?
"As recalled by Andrew Yarmak, last year Ukraine was part of the three largest providers of early cabbage in Russia, and for the Ukrainian green houses, Russia is a major market for many years. According to Goskomstat, alone, cucumbers, January-March 2011 Ukraine supplied to Russia 2,364,612.0 kg of $ 1,809.0 thousand, and total imports of vegetables in this country for the first three months of the year amounted to 6,306,980.7 kg for a total of $ 6,650.6 "
Ukrainian farmers are actively supplying vegetables to the Russian Federation (in certain months of last year's performance exceeded the volume of imports into this country in more than 200%), which lost its own harvest due to drought and was ready to pay high prices for Ukrainian products. As a consequence, the price of fruit and vegetable basket in the Ukraine during the season increased by 72%, breaking all historical records. For the year Ukrainian Borsheva set went up by 93% to a record in the history of Ukraine's level. Prices of cabbage rose during the year is almost three times, beetroot has risen more than doubled, potatoes – just twice, and carrots – at 86% per year.
http://mysouth.su/2011/06/ukrainian-vegetable...

Ukrainian greenhouse centers are intensifying their exports of greenhouse cucumbers to the Russian market. Already in the previous season, which was not easy for producers, Ukraine took the fourth place among major greenhouse cucumber exporters to Russia being behind only Turkey, Iran, and China.

In this season, which started in Ukraine only in February (in contrast to other major suppliers), Ukraine has already exported to Russia three times more greenhouse cucumbers than Spain.“Swift expansion of areas under heated and summer greenhouses in Ukraine leads to increase in production of greenhouse vegetables which remain competitive in the Russian market thanks to high level of greenhouse technologies in Ukraine and free trade”, Andriy Yarmak, head of Fruit-Inform Project, says. In addition, the expert note that Ukraine's greenhouse cucumbers and tomatoes are also being actively exported to the market of Belarus.
http://www.lol.org.ua/eng/showart.php...

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#18 Jun 8, 2011
my grandfather was ukrainian, i never been there, but one day i want go to odessa.
Tom in Lazybrook

United States

#19 Jun 8, 2011
M_A_X_I_M wrote:
<quoted text>
Oooops!
This is very timely statement after nuclear disaster in Japan.
May be you will tell as about modern fashion? Something about manicure please....
I don't know how the fact that Russia's NG price through it pipelines is 40% higher than the LNG price of nat gas sourced from Algeria or Qatar has anything to do with Nuclear Power or Japan.

But Europe (except Merkel) is getting wise. There will be a meeting of NG importers (of which the USA is NOT one - we export NG) to move to market based pricing. Its very bad news for Russia.
Observer

Westbrook, ME

#20 Jun 8, 2011
Tom in Lazybrook wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know how the fact that Russia's NG price through it pipelines is 40% higher than the LNG price of nat gas sourced from Algeria or Qatar has anything to do with Nuclear Power or Japan.
But Europe (except Merkel) is getting wise. There will be a meeting of NG importers (of which the USA is NOT one - we export NG) to move to market based pricing. Its very bad news for Russia.
You're an idiot.

You have no idea how LNG markets work or of pricing differentials.

You'd have us believe that the entire mediterranean basin is in contango with northern europe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Krasnodarskiy Kray, Russia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Putin Is Winning: EU Backs Away From Ukraine Tr... (Oct '14) Jul 6 FASCIST Ukraine 108
News Russia's Bridge to Crimea: Quick Profits for Pu... Jun '15 George 3
News US Pushes Russia Towards War Jun '15 Zeppelin 1
News Nearly 160 Children Possibly Exposed to TB in W... Jun '15 Bama Yankee 1
News Putin Calls Obama To Talk Iran, Ukraine And ISIS Jun '15 John 1
News Why we shouldn't boo Russia at Eurovision Jun '15 Harrie1394 1
News Trudy Rubin: A failure to confront Putina s lies Jun '15 NAZI LIAR PUTIN 3
More from around the web