Protests over Russian elections spread to more cities

Dec 7, 2011 Full story: The Sofia Echo 76

Activists of Pro-Kremlin youth movements take part in a demonstration as a response to the protest rally against the results of the parliamentary elections and the policies conducted by Russian authorities, in Moscow, December 6 2011.

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
AbeUG

Roslyn Heights, NY

#63 Dec 8, 2011
coolncrazy wrote:
Possible presidential candidate from Just Russia party: Oksana Dmitrieva
Economic views: left
Political views: liberal
Oppositional candidates from two other parliament parties are obvious: Zyuganov and Zhirinovsky. I think, the candidate from Just Russia looks more creative.
I think Zhirinovsky would be interesting.

;)

“Pink Ponies of Justice”

Since: Sep 07

Moscow, Russia

#64 Dec 8, 2011
Lukashenko is Dr Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
You think 30 000 will show up.
I don't know - this is simply the number of people in the permission.

Since: Jan 10

California USA

#66 Dec 9, 2011
JimBob wrote:
<quoted text>
Not surprising almost everyone in Russia is anti-west it's the Russian way.
Idiot! Out of the dozen Russians who have posted on here, only one of them was anti-west and he was posting from Canada.

California USA

#67 Dec 9, 2011
Small Town Looney Tooney wrote:
<quoted text>
I am here to give you your daily shot of hate to Americans injection.
I know, that's what you're on here for. Your only goal is to provoke hate against Americans. That has been very clear for a long time now.

California USA

#68 Dec 9, 2011
coolncrazy wrote:
Moscow city hall has permitted a 30-thousand people anti-governmental rally in Saturday in the center of Moscow. Organizers asked the Revolution square, but city hall proposed the Bolotnaya square. Organizers agreed.
Great news!

http://www.topix.com/world/russia/2011/12/rus...
"For me the white ribbon is a symbol of disagreement with the elections we've just had. Nobody wants to undermine the existing social system, but the democratic society which we have been building all these years does not agree with unfair elections."

According to Vitaly, those who support the campaign do not have to be opposed to Prime Minister Vladimir Putin or President Dmitry Medvedev in the slightest. They just have to want "honest, normal elections".
TolyanichTolyani ch

UK

#69 Dec 9, 2011
Meet good old US propaganda!!! US journalists show Greece but talk about Russia... Fox News caught beefing up Moscow oppositional protests with footage from Greece – http://www.facebook.com/RTnews/posts231572643...
I’m from Russia and I say YES some of the oppositional activists hold here currently their actions of protest, but that is actually absolutely peaceful rioting with no RADICAL actions at all – no fighting, no pogroms, no fire, no smoke, no gas and no rubber bullets on Russian police behalf... As usual, being caught by the tail with forgery Fox has already blocked their Greek-Russian video release... Typical US propagandist plan B... Fortunately here Fox video is still available
One again Americans are trying to manipulate people’s minds and to pass the desirable for reality...

“I like females !!!”

Since: Oct 10

I'm a country boy

#70 Dec 9, 2011
Pictures are talking longer than words.
What is important is the fact that there was protest in Russia !
JimBob

Kitchener, Canada

#71 Dec 9, 2011
Cassandra_ wrote:
<quoted text>Idiot! Out of the dozen Russians who have posted on here, only one of them was anti-west and he was posting from Canada.
Ya right comrade Cassandra no anti-western comments have been posted.
Maybe Uther will be kind enough to explain what a Shiite and what what Sunni is again to you, and how it's not possible to sink the Afghan Navy.
Small Town America UGX

Absecon, NJ

#72 Dec 9, 2011
According to some reports, several protests are already planned and organized in several different cities around Russia.

Putin, it has been reported, is extremely angered and upset in how to handle this situation. It is said that his options are limited. Cracking down hard on the protesters is an option, but has many risks.
ronan

UK

#73 Dec 9, 2011
Small Town America UGX wrote:
According to some reports, several protests are already planned and organized in several different cities around Russia.
No different from Occupy Wall Street then !!
Small Town America UGX

Absecon, NJ

#74 Dec 9, 2011
ronan wrote:
<quoted text>
No different from Occupy Wall Street then !!
The wall streeters are just voicing against Big business. No problem. Not A REGIME CHANGE against a government.

We have people demonstrating for various causes everyday. They get their point across, get media attention, and that is it.
The wall streeters have gotten their point across, and it is now just a bunch of commies and anarchists that are left.
Apples and Oranges, walrus face fool.
hmmmm

Saint Petersburg, Russia

#75 Dec 9, 2011
The refreshing Arab Spring is giving way to a stormy Islamist Winter.

This week, Islamist candidates in Egypt won the majority of parliamentary seats, and it now appears certain that Egypt’s first democratically elected parliament in six decades will have a substantial Islamist majority.

In November, Moroccans elected an Islamist government; in October it was Tunisia that did the same. Supporters of that new Tunisian government didn’t wait long before demanding social change: They began by putting pressure on universities to segregate men and women.
And Libya’s transitional government, chosen to carry the country forward from its recent revolution, revealed its true colours when the government leader made a point of declaring that the country’s law against polygamy is “contrary to sharia” and will be done away with.

What happened to the liberal uprising that everyone in the West seemed to be cheering on? Instead of the bloggers and Facebook revolutionaries people came to support, Islamist politicians are taking charge throughout the Arab world.

“The Western narrative never matched the reality on the ground,” says Alastair Crooke, one of the few people to correctly predict a strong showing by hardline Islamists in Egypt’s election and the dominance of Sunni Islamists throughout the region.

-------

I always knew it would be like that. Now about Russia - idiots like STA that think removal of Putin will bring anything good are the same idiots that thought arab "spring" was smthing good.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#76 Dec 9, 2011
Oh Shut up Sticks you i-diot fool.
Commies and anachists that are left, what a load of garbage you talk.
Occupy Movement is growing in the US, not diminishing.
You would do better to keep your stupid mouth shut, i-diot.
Patriot

Phoenix, AZ

#77 Dec 9, 2011
Small Town America UGX wrote:
<quoted text>
The wall streeters are just voicing against Big business. No problem. Not A REGIME CHANGE against a government.
We have people demonstrating for various causes everyday. They get their point across, get media attention, and that is it.
The wall streeters have gotten their point across, and it is now just a bunch of commies and anarchists that are left.
Apples and Oranges, walrus face fool.
You're wrong. The Occupy movement is protesting against wall street and the corrupt politicians in DC. Wall street corporations and bankers got bailed out, but they still fired millions of US workers and foreclosed on millions of homes across America, while putting trillions of dollars in their own pockets. This is a good reason to protest the corruption in US politics, isn't it?

Does it make any sense to throw American families out of their homes and have millions of homes empty without renters or owners paying monthly payments? NO. Wouldn't it be better to get SOME money from the home owners rather than throw them out on the street and then get ZERO income? YES. This is another good reason to protest against the bailed out bankers, isn't it?

"In this present economic crisis, government is not the solution to the problem, government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan and millions of the 99 percent of Americans.

Don't worry about Russia. The economic crisis is right here in America.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#78 Dec 9, 2011
Three cheers for Patriot.

Romanov.

SWG

Since: Feb 10

Houston, Texas

#79 Dec 9, 2011
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>
You're wrong. The Occupy movement is protesting against wall street and the corrupt politicians in DC. Wall street corporations and bankers got bailed out, but they still fired millions of US workers and foreclosed on millions of homes across America, while putting trillions of dollars in their own pockets. This is a good reason to protest the corruption in US politics, isn't it?
Does it make any sense to throw American families out of their homes and have millions of homes empty without renters or owners paying monthly payments? NO. Wouldn't it be better to get SOME money from the home owners rather than throw them out on the street and then get ZERO income? YES. This is another good reason to protest against the bailed out bankers, isn't it?
"In this present economic crisis, government is not the solution to the problem, government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan and millions of the 99 percent of Americans.
Don't worry about Russia. The economic crisis is right here in America.
Show me which of the Wall Street guys are on the boards of what companies. Speculation, rather legalized gambling, is all that Wall Street is. If you are to blind to see this then look at the last economic crises. Does the US get the blame? Yes. do they deserve most? Yes. Did the Lemmings in Europe get any because they just simply follow suit? Nope. Let's ask the simple question, shall we? Who is propping up the Euro now? That's right boys and girls, the US banks! So before you spout off about the Wall Street people being the ruin of everything maybe you should get educated and see that the people who laid-off people were the CEO's of the companies who blinked and only listened to what Wall Street said and didn't do their own jobs. Wall Street is an easy blame isn't it? Is all their fault, right? Who buys the stock, imaginary characters? Nope! Is the normal everyday person. Educate yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Krasnodarskiy Kray, Russia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Voices: Russia has radically transformed in one... Wed yep 3
FSB director calls for further cooperation with... Tue Skype 5007 1
Is Vladimir Putin Another Adolf Hitler? (Jul '14) Tue Dimitri100 3,242
Putin is still Putin as he blasts West in talk ... Feb 23 PUTIN a FAILURE 7
Leaders of Russia, Ukraine, Germany, France aim... Feb 12 PUTIN a LIAR 26
Russian Oil Giant Rosneft To Issue $6.1 Billion... Jan 27 RUSSIA is JUNK 6
a A renaissance for Crimea? Peninsula looks wit... Jan '15 Cassandra_ 3
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:50 pm PST