Probe to track impact of warming on E...

Probe to track impact of warming on Earth's water

There are 1 comment on the The Age story from Nov 2, 2009, titled Probe to track impact of warming on Earth's water. In it, The Age reports that:

A 315-million-euro satellite that will gauge the impact of climate change on the movement of water across land, air and sea was hoisted into space early Monday, the European Space Agency said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Age.

frank miller

United States

#2 Nov 4, 2009
Yeah as if hi-tech Infrared {heat seeking patterns}
will give more credibility to any preconceived
notions! You idiots have no reference point imagery of what the patterns were 10, 20, 50,
200, 600, a 1000 years ago! That is just about as bad as NASA's James Hansen boosting a CO2 measuring satellite into orbit, and have it crashing, with a billion dollars worth of equipment, man-hours; when the entire CO2 worlwide
and seasonal concentrations at any height could have been as I had suggested here on Topix, a couple of years ago, the old fashioned way..
balloons, as most data in Chemistry/Physics re-
ference texts were done!

As a real Scientist/Chemist what I would rather
SEE, are Infrared heat patterns over large metropo-
litain areas, showing all the 'heatisland' heat effect during the 12 hour day, and when it goes
up further into the climate controlling troposphere during the 12 hour night-cycle with no competing Solar flux!
Water temperatures have absolutely NO meaning,
because so much heat is transmitted from below the Earth's 10 mile crust, whence the temperature gradients is about 30 deg.C per mile down all the way to the about 2500 mile global radius molten inner core, through the fairly homogeneous mantle!
Oceans are constantly convecting heat as currents
and there is no way of gaging absorbed, from reradiated heat; and besides MODELS have so far
been so biased toward "CO2AGW" effects to mean absolutely nothing, and worst lead to no remedies!
My God it is unbelievable to even suggest such a
contrived hi-tech method as if to give credibility
to an effect that has been going on for about 2.5 billion years, and they want to take a SNAPSHOT
of a few months, or even a year!! Now if you take the Infrared scans, and come back 20 years, 50, and 100 years from now at the identical coordinates, time of year, etc.. and compare to those taken now, some validity may occur, especially if we combine the metropolitain heat scans along with them!!
F.M.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arkhangel'skaya Oblast', Russia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Anti-Gay Lawmaker Milonov Slams Senator Who Spo... Jun '15 DE-NAZIFY RUSSIA NOW 1
News Reports of nuclear submarine on fire at Russian... Apr '15 Small Town America 2
News Norwegian carrier wants to close airspace to Ru... (Feb '15) Feb '15 hmm 1
News New Russian military doctrine says NATO top threat (Dec '14) Dec '14 message for putin 6
News Russia calls off debut launch of first new spac... (Jun '14) Jul '14 RUSSO-FASCIST FAI... 6
News Russian professor pressured to resign after U.S... (Apr '14) Jun '14 RUSSO-FASCIST HAT... 5
News New type of Russian Armed Forces quickly create... (May '14) May '14 MILITARY COUP in ... 2
More from around the web