Indian Navy Personnel in St.Petersburg to Be Trained for Admiral Gorshkov Air Craft Carrier

Apr 14, 2011 Full story: All Voices 9

The first batch of one Hundred and fifty two Indian Naval staff have landed on for mock drills at St.Petersburg to get on eight months on board training to operate former Soviet Union's air craft carrier Admiral Gorshokov .

Full Story
jack O da american voice

Kenosha, WI

#1 Apr 14, 2011
Used Russian equipment? I thought India with its 10 billion people could make their own stuff by now.

SWG

Since: Feb 10

Houston, Texas

#2 Apr 14, 2011
If that were true they wouldn't need to buy Russian fighters.
jack O da american voice

Kenosha, WI

#3 Apr 14, 2011
what the hel is wrong with them?

SWG

Houston, Texas

#4 Apr 14, 2011
jack O da american voice wrote:
what the hel is wrong with them?
My experience with them is that they are great at stealing and copying but to design from scratch is a different matter all together.

“Trust no one in politics.”

Since: Apr 08

Pompano Beach, FL

#5 Apr 14, 2011
SWG wrote:
<quoted text>
My experience with them is that they are great at stealing and copying but to design from scratch is a different matter all together.
India is closer to an actual democracy and has over a billion people. Why does the USA sell arms to the terrorist supporting fascists in Pakistan and leave India to purchase their arms elsewhere? Because it was that way during the cold war? We seem determined to choose some rather dubious allies in south/central Asia.

SWG

Houston, Texas

#6 Apr 14, 2011
uther pendragon wrote:
<quoted text>
India is closer to an actual democracy and has over a billion people. Why does the USA sell arms to the terrorist supporting fascists in Pakistan and leave India to purchase their arms elsewhere? Because it was that way during the cold war? We seem determined to choose some rather dubious allies in south/central Asia.
All of what you said has what to do with what is being discussed?

“Trust no one in politics.”

Since: Apr 08

Pompano Beach, FL

#7 Apr 14, 2011
SWG wrote:
<quoted text>All of what you said has what to do with what is being discussed?
Perhaps you have not been paying attention? The subject of this thread is India purchasing arms (in this case it seems an aircraft carrier... why else train them to operate it?) from overseas. Talk about being slow witted.

I fail to see why the USA prefers to arm India's enemies (who do not particularly like us anyway) and leaves it to others to arm...
jack O da american voice

Kenosha, WI

#9 Apr 15, 2011
SWG wrote:
<quoted text>
If you teach children how to think, instead of what to think, they start questioning authority. I believe that is the root of the problem in chinaland.
Katy N

Santa Clara, CA

#10 Apr 15, 2011
I wonder how many Russian women will they get when they go back?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arkhangel'skaya Oblast', Russia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Russian military doctrine says NATO top threat 16 hr Robert Godau 4
Russia calls off debut launch of first new spac... (Jun '14) Jul '14 RUSSO-FASCIST FAI... 6
Russian professor pressured to resign after U.S... (Apr '14) Jun '14 RUSSO-FASCIST HAT... 5
New type of Russian Armed Forces quickly create... (May '14) May '14 MILITARY COUP in ... 2
Another WWII soldier remains returned to Russia... (Apr '13) Aug '13 Neutral Estonian 11
Chernobyl at Sea? Russia Building Floating Nucl... (Jul '13) Jul '13 BDV 1
Soyuz Takes Russian Military Satellite to Orbit (Jun '13) Jun '13 Leonid-Rostow 2
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:16 am PST