Russia builds Angara launch pad, conf...

Russia builds Angara launch pad, confirms maiden flight in 2010

There are 2 comments on the en.rian.ru story from Aug 27, 2008, titled Russia builds Angara launch pad, confirms maiden flight in 2010. In it, en.rian.ru reports that:

Russia's Design Bureau for Transport Machinery has completed the construction of a launch pad for a new-generation carrier rocket at the Plesetsk space center in northern Russia, the company head said on Wednesday.

The new line of rockets will be available in a range of configurations capable of lifting between two and 24.5 metric tons into low-earth orbit.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at en.rian.ru.

“Hope for Best- Expect Worst”

Since: Jan 07

Somewhere in Colorado

#1 Aug 27, 2008
Well it seems that Russia is building pads for rocket launchers in peacetime. Good for them. I guess there's lots of things Russia can do which doesn't include oil and gas. This will certainly make the Russia haters mad.
Denis

Russia

#2 Aug 28, 2008
Hmm... Actually even in the Soviet period wa has program - "MAKS". It is delivery of satellites (and etc.) into an orbit, using cargo planes.
I do not know why in Russia and in the USA about similar programs is silence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arkhangel'skaya Oblast', Russia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Reports of nuclear submarine on fire at Russian... Apr '15 Small Town America 2
News Norwegian carrier wants to close airspace to Ru... Feb '15 hmm 1
News New Russian military doctrine says NATO top threat Dec '14 message for putin 6
News Russia calls off debut launch of first new spac... (Jun '14) Jul '14 RUSSO-FASCIST FAI... 6
News Russian professor pressured to resign after U.S... (Apr '14) Jun '14 RUSSO-FASCIST HAT... 5
News New type of Russian Armed Forces quickly create... (May '14) May '14 MILITARY COUP in ... 2
News Another WWII soldier remains returned to Russia... (Apr '13) Aug '13 Neutral Estonian 11
More from around the web