Some Romanians nostalgic 20 years after communism

Dec 22, 2009 Full story: WYOW-TV Eagle River 32

Braving the Balkan chill, a few dozen people who participated 20 years ago in Romania's overthrow of communism huddled Tuesday around a commemorative monument to recall those events.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Safe pair of hands”

Since: Nov 08

where the trouble is

#21 Dec 23, 2009
Have I got bombastic proposal for your Roma republic ?
Why don´t you find somebody like Causescu was ?
That way, much stricter rules will apply and Romas are kept on leash.
Decebalus

Bucharest, Romania

#22 Dec 23, 2009
haha the slowfuckian gypsy changed his avatar because I laugh at him =)))))) stupid gypsy from Gypsy Slowvackia =)))))))

“Safe pair of hands”

where the trouble is

#23 Dec 23, 2009
decegypsy,
are you on drugs ?
What avatar have I changed you idiot ?
Is everyone in your family so stupid ?
Have you looked for another Caucescu yet ?

“Safe pair of hands”

where the trouble is

#24 Dec 23, 2009
http://www.toxicjunction.com/get.asp...

I think, you Romas made a mistake with such a fine couple, well educated people and you shot them.
Aren´t you sorry to have done it now ?
Decebalus

Bucharest, Romania

#25 Dec 23, 2009
hahaha the slowfuckian gypsy is loosing his temper =))) be calm you ugly gypsy you'll make heart atack and this will be a event one for the gypsy community from Slowfuckia =)))))))
Decebalus

Bucharest, Romania

#26 Dec 23, 2009
*tough event

“Safe pair of hands”

where the trouble is

#27 Dec 25, 2009
Do you Roma republic people have enough to eat today ?
When one reads the above decegypsy, he must get the feeling of him being mentally deprived by the lack of food.
Several years ago, I´d seen deprived children in Roma´s orphanages, perhaps the above chap was one of those.
It´s hard to be ahead of the pack for him.
Yuri

Modesto, CA

#28 Dec 25, 2009
Doru wrote:
<quoted text>
Do not worry, you bastard. If you rise, you'll fall again.
This time Russia will prevail! We should have wiped all you fools out years ago.
Yuri

Modesto, CA

#29 Dec 25, 2009
Lukashenko is Dr Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
hahahah even China is capitalist these days. Oh boy if Lenin would saw how you russians managed to destroy everything he and Stalin build.
Do not worry. The great fathers will be very pleased when we make our glorious comeback shortly. The wealth we have recently acquired will be used to build the greatest fighting machine in history of world!

“Safe pair of hands”

where the trouble is

#30 Dec 25, 2009
Down on the street something´s going on..
N'oubliez jamais
I heard my father say
Every generation has it's way
A need to disobey
Are you building, helping Russia in LA ?
Satan

Playa Del Rey, CA

#31 Dec 26, 2009
Somewhere sometime someone made the comment "Romania is primitive" and all our angry neighbors found a target to unleash their personal frustrations upon. None of the criticisms are based on facts. These are angry rants from people who are angry at their bosses(but too cowardly to stand up to them), who are angry at women(because they can't have them, except by paying them on the internet), and who are generally miserable in their daily existence.

So how do they deal with their personal frustrations?...by becoming "internet warriors" and bashing that "primitive Romania" because, well, everyone is doing it and "I can't be bothered to think for myself."

Facts;
Henry Coanda -- Inventor of the jet engine
Hermann Oberth -- The "inventor" of spacetravel
Constantin Brancusi -- essentially invented abstract art by being the first to abstract reality to an unrecognized form yet retaining it's spirit, in the process influencing all the modern artists that followed from Picaso to Frank Lloyd Right.
Nadia Coamaneci -- probably the most world famous athlete of all time.
...and along with Mircea Eliade, Eugène Ionesco and many more... all these people had an effect on the entire world's social evolution, essentially changing the world. The world would be different today had these people not existed.

When it comes to industry Romania is one of the largest ship builders in Europe. Romania has its own auto industry, and produces one of the top sellers in the world today, which has ranked very highly in customer satisfaction.

Romania has one of the strongest IT industries in Eastern Europe. Bit Defender is one of the top rated ani-virus in the world.

And here is something that is virtually unknown.
This article references to it but does not go into detail. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jazz#Origins
... the European music they are talking about that mixed with African beats giving birth to jazz, then rock and roll, and eventually hip hop, was in fact traditional Romanian music. Simply visit New Orleans and look at the history of American music and you will see it clearly, along with the gypsy influence in New Orleans, tarot card reading, crystal ball fortune telling, etc. Simply go to You Tube and look up Doina, Lautari, Fratii Petreus, and if you listen to the nuances and rhythms you will see the influence on Blues( http://www.youtube.com/watch ...), Jazz( http://www.youtube.com/watch ...), and Rock and Roll( http://www.youtube.com/watch ...)+( http://www.youtube.com/watch ...) clearly, since all these forms of Romanian music are hundreds/possibly thousands of years old far predating American music.

These are just a few facts and there are many more, and today Romanian film makers are dominating the European market, as are Romanian singers, and athletes. Romanian artists are still making a big splash(Alexandra Nechita) and soon we will have more influence in finance and industry as we grow stronger. This will take longer as we are competing with China, Japan, America, Germany, Switzerland, true powerhouses, but we will get there. The fact of the matter is that the Romanian people are some of the most well rounded people on the planet. We are good at everything, while others excel at one talent but fail in many others.

So let the frustrated spew their venom for while they cry... we grow, because nothing can destroy us, it has always made us stronger... just look at our history! We are still here even after two thousand years of imperial assaults. The empires are gone... but we are still here! a unique Thraco-Latin culture in a sea of Slavs, we have survived for two thousand years and getting stronger every year.

This; http://international.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query2/r... :@field%28DOCID+ro0020%29

and this; http://international.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query2/r... :@field%28DOCID+ro0021%29

...is how it all started.
strap on

Addison, IL

#32 Dec 29, 2009
Yury my dear red "tavarish" have you snorted borsht again?
Lay off the bad habit,is addictive and counterproductive.
Build roads not guns,better atomic reactors,you know like the ones that do not blow up,airplanes that don't fall of the sky and mechanical equipment that does not brake down.
If you achieve that ,then,you could say that "history" was made and the world will pause and take notice.
Oh God what am I going to do with you mujiks?
Yuri wrote:
<quoted text> Do not worry. The great fathers will be very pleased when we make our glorious comeback shortly. The wealth we have recently acquired will be used to build the greatest fighting machine in history of world!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roman, Romania Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will EU Surround Russian-Speaking Island in Eas... (Oct '13) Jul '14 PROUD TO BE SERB 53
Roma minority lacks political representation Eu... Apr '14 PHILIP THE MACEDO... 4
Moldova canceled (May '12) Dec '13 True European 14
Commission regrets Basescu's 'bigger Romania' s... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Bjorn Gogu 1
Moldova enacts ban on Communist symbols (Oct '12) Oct '13 Adi 44
Over 100,000 Hungarians form human chain, askin... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Mihai 1
Court Overturns Convictions in Draskovic Murder... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Serbonazis 1
•••

Roman, Romania People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••