Reunification with Romania? EU Dreams in Communist Moldova

Apr 2, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Der Spiegel

Europe's last Communist regime is looking increasingly shaky. The population in Moldova, which holds parliamentary elections this Sunday, wants reunification with Romania -- and the EU membership it would bring.

Comments
1 - 20 of 21 Comments Last updated Oct 29, 2011
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Basil

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2009

Moldova (eastern Moldavia) is still under its own version of Ceausescu - with neo-Stalinist backing from Russia. I don't see the Liberals surviving long out of prison unless they are very, very brave.

“Progressive liberal politic”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2011

Judged:

Moldova can't unite with Romania because both countries base on nationalism.

If Moldova go to Romania, will loose Transdniester Gagauzia and Russian-speaking Bulgarian-speaking regions.

If Romania unite with Moldova, will loose the Transylvania.

Those problems exist because our countries base on nationalism, and not on Romanity. Not on our civilization. For this reason the minorities want to be independent.

Moldova can join Romania, only if unite together with Greece and create the "New Romania".

The "New Romania" will be free country, and all minorities will be plus.

The "New Romania" will not have obligatory military service.

New Romania will have free education, will not have bureaucracy, and will give citizenship to every human who want to join Romanity.

Also New Romania will be open to every human who want to come for work/studies/tourism/business.

New romania will be multinational-multiracial country, and all citizens will be equal.
flatland

Newtown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2011

neobyzantine wrote:
If Moldova go to Romania, will loose Transdniester Gagauzia and Russian-speaking Bulgarian-speaking regions.
Those problems exist because our countries base on nationalism, and not on Romanity. Not on our civilization. For this reason the minorities want to be independent.
Moldova can join Romania, only if unite together with Greece and create the "New Romania".
New Romania will have free education, will not have bureaucracy, and will give citizenship to every human who want to join Romanity.
Also New Romania will be open to every human who want to come for work/studies/tourism/business.
New romania will be multinational-multiracial country, and all citizens will be equal.
This is an absolutely great post. I am sure, that even Hungarians, Slovaks, and even the (stupid) Austrians would like to be a part of such a power.
Ala

Piatra Neamt, Romania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2011

Wtf at these post. xD The reason Moldova and Romania don't unite is because Moldova and Romania are full of Moscow's men&women at their leadership and in key positions. It's the same reason Ukraine and Moldova are a sh*thole to begin with: no economy->no working democracy+causing ethnic unrest->maintained under Russia's sphere of influence,as a 'plus' Ukraine's economy is so bad it can't even compete with Romania,much less Russia,although it has abundant natural resource.
Russia and USA's policies are simple: divide&conquer -> Czechoslovakia,Yugoslavia and creating the fake-no history Kosovo "state" so Americans can install the largest base in Europe there,Cyprus(full of UK's bases),Transnistria,Georgia(Ab khazia and Ossetia) etc.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2011

Judged:

Ala wrote:
The reason Moldova and Romania don't unite is because Moldova and Romania are full of Moscow's men&women
So you say that Romania and Moldova need to throw out all minorities and make "clear nations"?

This was the politic of Hitler...

If Romania and Moldova make this, after will destroy and dissolve in many pieces.

Will have same future as Serbia-Yugoslavia.
Ala

Piatra Neamt, Romania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2011

neobyzantine wrote:
<quoted text>
So you say that Romania and Moldova need to throw out all minorities and make "clear nations"?
If Romania and Moldova make this, after will destroy and dissolve in many pieces.
Sorry,I'd make a proper reply but I feel that it would just waste my time since you didn't understand what I meant.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2011

Ala wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry,I'd make a proper reply but I feel that it would just waste my time since you didn't understand what I meant.
ma cine e asta ceva grec?? Ce il intereseaza rominia cu atita pasiune?
Ala

Piatra Neamt, Romania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2011

Simge wrote:
<quoted text>
ma cine e asta ceva grec?? Ce il intereseaza rominia cu atita pasiune?
Ma intrebi pe mine?:P Probabil ca-i grec dar mai cred si ca are ceva cu capul(in cazul in care nu-i vreun pusti).

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2011

Ala wrote:
<quoted text>
Ma intrebi pe mine?:P Probabil ca-i grec dar mai cred si ca are ceva cu capul(in cazul in care nu-i vreun pusti).
Asa as zice si eu, dracu ce tot cauta toti astia la noi???? Stii ce? Pe vremuri mergeam in tara si era o chestie ca scapam de toti astia pe care trebe sai vad in LA in fiecare zi. Era un loc cu de-ai mei numai, era fain....acuma ma duc acolo si vad, pe linga ungurii de care nu scapi ca de paduchi, si araboi, grecoi, turkaleti, pina si chinezi, ce naiba mai? Nici unde nu scapa omul de hoardele estului futui mama masi de treaba

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2011

Cyprus will help Moldova to join EU
http://www.enews.md/news/view/14596
valah

Huntley, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2011

That's a good one,I don'think I ever read a better post.
As funny as it is,the only thing I can think of is that you are way under age or are snorting way to much paprika.
neobyzantine wrote:

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2011

Romanity is civilization. Romanity is not nation-racial.

Romania Empire(Byzantium) was base on our civilization and not on nation-racial, was open to every human who wanted to join our civilization, was multination and multiracial, and all citizesn(from every nation and racial) was equal.

Now we forgot the Romanity, and we made nationalists countries, who are not free, and we became slaves.

We became many small pieces.

This wanted the West and Russia.

We need to return on our common civilization, and to make the New Romania.

Only with this way we will become strong.
Akos

Norway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2011

Judged:

Unification of Romania with Moldova!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2011

neobyzantine wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he's saying we need to get the communist Russian pigs who occupied it the HECK OUT, because they are from Russia, back to Russian hell with them and we get our people free from that yoke.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2011

flatland wrote:
<quoted text>
This is an absolutely great post. I am sure, that even Hungarians, Slovaks, and even the (stupid) Austrians would like to be a part of such a power.
Yes, because then you would have a job and meet good looking blondes from Moldova

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2011

neobyzantine wrote:
Romanity is civilization. Romanity is not nation-racial.
Romania Empire(Byzantium) was base on our civilization and not on nation-racial, was open to every human who wanted to join our civilization, was multination and multiracial, and all citizesn(from every nation and racial) was equal.
Now we forgot the Romanity, and we made nationalists countries, who are not free, and we became slaves.
We became many small pieces.
This wanted the West and Russia.
We need to return on our common civilization, and to make the New Romania.
Only with this way we will become strong.
Dude, go worry about your own country with all it's debt, at least if Romania is poor, it doesn't owe Germany gazillions...what the heck do you, a Greek, care?
flatland

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2011

Simge wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, because then you would have a job and meet good looking blondes from Moldova
You are reading my mind. I am not that sure about the job part though ... do I have to have one?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2011

flatland wrote:
<quoted text>
You are reading my mind. I am not that sure about the job part though ... do I have to have one?
Only if you want to have somewhere to go every day, personally, it helps me stay sane.
flatland

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2011

Simge wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, go worry about your own country with all it's debt, at least if Romania is poor, it doesn't owe Germany gazillions...what the heck do you, a Greek, care?
No, if I was Greek, I would do the same, when your country owes more than what it can pay, it's better to shnooker another one in to pay half. This is how a lot of countries were founded to start with, most notably Austria.

There is a need for regional and super-national unification in the Danube region though, I think. There must be something that all those "nations" can find to agree upon and then balance against Western and Russian (economic) exploitation.

Maybe, the imported idea of a "nation" is what is destroying the people, what if the Philosophy faculties of the top universities of the Danube countries sit together and design a novel framework that bypasses the divisive and disadvantageous "nation" philosophy?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2011

flatland wrote:
<quoted text>
No, if I was Greek, I would do the same, when your country owes more than what it can pay, it's better to shnooker another one in to pay half. This is how a lot of countries were founded to start with, most notably Austria.
There is a need for regional and super-national unification in the Danube region though, I think. There must be something that all those "nations" can find to agree upon and then balance against Western and Russian (economic) exploitation.
Maybe, the imported idea of a "nation" is what is destroying the people, what if the Philosophy faculties of the top universities of the Danube countries sit together and design a novel framework that bypasses the divisive and disadvantageous "nation" philosophy?
It's impossible because the Balkanic peoples are crazy and backwards in their thinking, maybe Romania, Hungary, Slovakia and such can do it, but look today, on the BBC I saw the Greeks, their claims are outrageous, they want money from Germany as "reparations" from WWII, it's all baloney. And honestly, Romanians and Hungarians and Slovaks fought, but not like savages, like in the Balkans. Nobody committed a mass genocide. As for a super-national unification, how do you propose to do it? Based on trade, like NAFTA or on economic power? I fear that such a thing may work, as you say, among academicians, but once it gets into the hands of the idiot politicians, it's a lost cause. Now, I am surprised to hear a Hungarian saying negative things about Austrians, though I personally don't think the Austrians were too kind to the Hungarians and exploited them a lot. Personally, I think the Austrians owe Hungary a lot.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Neamt, Romania Discussions

Search the Neamt, Romania Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Will EU Surround Russian-Speaking Island in Eas... (Oct '13) Jul '14 PROUD TO BE SERB 53
Roma minority lacks political representation Eu... Apr '14 PHILIP THE MACEDO... 4
Moldova canceled (May '12) Dec '13 True European 14
Commission regrets Basescu's 'bigger Romania' s... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Bjorn Gogu 1
Moldova enacts ban on Communist symbols (Oct '12) Oct '13 Adi 44
Over 100,000 Hungarians form human chain, askin... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Mihai 1
Court Overturns Convictions in Draskovic Murder... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Serbonazis 1
•••
•••