Romania: Lawmakers vote to impeach pr...

Romania: Lawmakers vote to impeach president

There are 70 comments on the Boston.com story from Jul 6, 2012, titled Romania: Lawmakers vote to impeach president. In it, Boston.com reports that:

Romanian lawmakers impeached President Traian Basescu in an overwhelming vote Friday, paving the way for a national referendum that could see the divisive and increasingly unpopular leader ousted from the powerful position he's held for eight years.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Boston.com.

TheRealMagyar

Balatonendréd, Hungary

#22 Jul 25, 2012
Victor76v wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Petru,
I do care for all romania, you are the purest of latinos,
Ahahahahahahaha.
Purest of the Latinos.
AHahahhaa, what BS!!

Romanains had nothing to do with the Latin people, they were Thracian-Gypsies-Albanians from Northern Albania and Greece (original Romanians called Aromanians still live there), and then they stole their language from Latin people.

Anyway, I know what could help Romania.

I think Hungary should take over Transylvania, so Romania has less to worry about, and it could focus more on it's economy, and becoming a 21st century demokratic country.
Ragnar

Germany

#23 Jul 25, 2012
Please grow up or stop acting like an idiot.
I met smarter Hungarians.
TheRealMagyar wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahahahahahahaha.
Purest of the Latinos.
AHahahhaa, what BS!!
Romanains had nothing to do with the Latin people, they were Thracian-Gypsies-Albanians from Northern Albania and Greece (original Romanians called Aromanians still live there), and then they stole their language from Latin people.
Anyway, I know what could help Romania.
I think Hungary should take over Transylvania, so Romania has less to worry about, and it could focus more on it's economy, and becoming a 21st century demokratic country.

Since: Apr 12

Bucharest, Romania

#24 Jul 25, 2012
No, I'm telling you there were errors and the current Government began to fix them.
However, as I said on another topic, US is no longer 'concerned' about the situation here as that propaganda machine described it:
http://www.americanprogress.org/issues/2012/0...
Soon after Basescu is finally impeached by people, I hope, all of those who worried about democracy issues should come and apologize for being misinformed. IMHO, they should've done it already. But I guess Frau Merkel is kind of busy with this:
http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/...

Bucharest, Romania

#25 Jul 25, 2012
Oh, Ragnar, luckily you've been the one who posted before my previous message, as I didn't realize there were two more after the first dialogue. It could have caused some confusion. ;)

Since: May 11

Italy

#26 Jul 25, 2012
Basescu the Sailorman will not be impeached, unless Ponta the Plagiator and Antonescu the Dummy want to play with Romania in the midst of a full economical crisis and a falling currency. This game would be: ok Sailorman, we could not impeach you now, we use the Parliament to vote a new impeachment, then again it would not work, then again we start from the start and so on.

A very retard type of game, but this is it, if they are not able to do more...
Victor76v

Las Vegas, NV

#27 Jul 26, 2012
hey therealmiahi,

I understand that I not in Romania to judge this correctly, and that I am baseing this on what I read.

Ok, then why doesn't ponta deny IMF money that he did not earn and work for?

He should he doesn't deserve it. I'm from a country who loans this money, and I definitely feel your country was hijacked. So deny the loan, start over, earn your way. Because if you blow this loan, I assure you, there will be no second chances. They spend it, its gone, then your children pay the price, and their children after.

We had this happen in the USA (impeachment), our government prevented it from going to a vote of the people, because it would set a bad precedent. Allow this once, and it will continue to happen. which your country has proved. Its a waste of money, time, and distracts from getting things done.

yeah, ponta opened highways, got things done, but took credit for everything that Bacescu did, so who do you think your fooling? WTF are you talking about? Ponta is new, he didn't this, he didn't fight for shit, he is taking credit, blinding the masses. I hope your clear enough to see it. stop smoking that bullshit, that blinds you. Ponta may take advantage if you vote him in, and take credit for all the work bacescu did, your not fooling nobody. He didn't build shit in your country, and you hold him in high regard for something already built, funny your outlook.

vote for ponta, pay the price. because in the moment you think things changed. But I challenge romania to deny the loan, and start new. We the IMF contributors, wish this. deny the loan or are you weak to need it and take advantage of the world for the immediate, which won't last. Again, this is your once a lifetime opportunity to build business infrastructure, are you going to blow it on Ponta and his stupid USL party, that has not created anything on its on, other than hijack your presidency, and take credit for bacescu's work.

If your so right, than earn your way new. don't bother the world with a loan that Ponta has not earned. start new if you elect his ass. and good luck if you do pick his stupid ass.

thanks Ragner, I agree that creating more faults in goverment is not a solution.

Milan, Italy

#28 Jul 26, 2012
I must agree with you, Victor and to Ragnar here.

We cannot add up illegal things as an answer to other illegal stuff. This is simply the definition of "chaos".

Mihai, sorry, I do not agree with you. It may be that a left hand government in Romania would block the stability pact proposed by Germany, given that it would disbalance the right-left balance in the EU council. Once more, we know ourselves, as well as Hungarians or Poles or Bulgarians or other Eastern Europeans, we are a non-performant nation, in average. So, whatever government comes we cannot blame it for living bad, we have to blame ourselves. None imported governments from abroad in Romania, so this is life. We have to live with this. When the average level will improve, then the politicians' level will do the same, too.

Bucharest, Romania

#31 Jul 26, 2012
Petru, when I read "left hand" I didn't even bother to read afterwards.:))))))))

Ragnar, trust me, I AM THE GOVERNMENT!
Do you see any tanks around?:D

The Obama Administration made it clear: fuck Basescu, Merkel, Barroso and all the other communists!

Romania is finally free to welcome the U. S. of A!

PS
About Barroso:

Bucharest, Romania

#32 Jul 26, 2012
@Victor from Las vegas
I really can't get your English. Could you write in Spanish, perhaps? ;)

Bucharest, Romania

#33 Jul 26, 2012
@Ragnar
Go London!!! I mean... WTF???

Milan, Italy

#34 Jul 27, 2012
Not really.
The US also criticised the "coup"-like "arrangements" made by Ponta, Antonescu and Voiculescu.
Same goes for your left wing friends: Martin Schulz and Hannes Swoboda. Come on, admit it, USL is suicidal.
TheRealMihai wrote:
The Obama Administration made it clear: fuck Basescu, Merkel, Barroso and all the other communists!
Romania is finally free to welcome the U. S. of A!
PS
About Barroso:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =VmMzhXqFb9sXX

Bucharest, Romania

#35 Jul 27, 2012
Petru, don't lie to people and to yourself! Basescu and those imbeecils from PD-L aren't right wing! Since when are the commies the right wing?:))))

And no, USL isn't suicidal, the reforms are finally there, we'll finally get into Schengen and so on. Obama Administration is already represented - unoficially - in Ponta Cabinet by Wesley Clark. Romanians should vote! And recent polls say that 65% of them will.
Victor

Las Vegas, NV

#36 Jul 27, 2012
To: the real mihai,

your definitely off your rocker. With the statement regarding OBAMA Adminstration. He has grave concerns for the erosion of democratic balances in your country. And no, he does not support USL, or Ponta, and what they are doing.

You are completely misinforming people on this website, where are you getting your information? What are you smoking? must be good shit, you've flipped out dude!

Obama see's your USL, especially Ponta, as attacking the democracy of your country, he is concerned. There are no shortcuts for Romania, they will continue to ruin all that has been accomplished. And when you find yourselves down this road with Ponta, who is going to help you, you revert to control from Russia, and be their sphere of control, we see it coming. Vote Ponta, and Romania, will become Southern Moldavia!

Vote Bacescu, or be kicked out of EU.....

Bucharest, Romania

#37 Jul 28, 2012
Victor, have you read the text I posted from Center for American Progress? If you have read it and that's what you understood from it, I feel pity for you.
You're the one who should stop misinforming people, whether you do it knowingly or out of ignorance.

@Petru
Besides having different opinions on certain issues, I think you are a man of reason. So read this:
http://mariusmina.blogspot.ro/2012/07/masina-...
The owner of the blog is a Romanian living in New York. I don't know whom does he support, as many Romanian ethnics are Republicans on WASP grounds - although the only common thing is the race - but there's the info that counts here, not his political afiliation.
Unu

Piatra Neamt, Romania

#39 Jul 28, 2012
Petru wrote:
nu sunt Isus sa intorc si celalalt obraz
Iisus, cu doi de "i" pt. ca asa scriu romanii adevarati(desigur ca tu nu esti pt. ca te scremi pe tine tot timpul cu "nazi" si "genociduri", nu pot decat sa cred ca esti un tigan/jidan/minoritate "persecutata"), a scos biciul la jidani cand au pangarit templul.

As for the other bullshit said: Romania needs to get out of the EU as soon as possible, it's bankrupt and failed, it's not only Greece, it's all of the Western EU, all that has happened in the past years was for EU exploiting cheap Romanian labor, stealing Romanian resources with Basescu's cooperation(that wants to sell Rosia Montana for nothing as well), American military bases with American torture chambers, gay parades, "equal rights" for minorities and other bull. that made Romania worse than before entering the EU, in fact Romania lost 3-4 million people since the last census with PDL's policies of directly encouraging people to leave the country(thus making it more poor and backward).
What happened in the last years, since you're re a piece of s. immigrant and maybe you don't know: Basescu taking full control of the country(via proxy using Boc, the ministers and the Government and interfering with justice in his own interests) then cutting off the pensions and salaries and raising the TVA, thus making all Romanians suffer and the EU doing nothing about it while this moron behaves worse than a North Korean leader, well, of course now that he's out, by a democratic process, some of the western EU countries bitch because they risk loosing all the deals they had with his regime.
Basescu, a-licking EU and USA to stay in power and exploit the Romanians to no end, while destroying and robbing what was left, and the EU sitting by and making profit, since it's very corrupt itself, that's the EU, well, for now, they didn't start flooding Romania with immigrants from African countries yet, like they were/are doing with Greece.

Bucharest, Romania

#40 Jul 28, 2012
Petru, really now, you're a PhD! How in the world could you believe this BS propaganda? The Boc Cabinmets were a catastrophy. Basescu borrowed 30bn for doing nothing but enreach his servants.
Petru, not voting tomorrow is a huge offense to those who died in December '89 for our right to express ourselves freely.
The Romanian President should have much more limited powers than Basescu grabbed. Romania is traditionally a Constitutional Monarchy, where the King is a mediator. Why couldn't this Republic let the PM do his job?
Trust me, you'll see our country doing better and better everything if people oust Basescu.
USL's mission is very difficult, indeed, especially having those orange commies spending huge amounts of money on delusional anti-Romanian propaganda, but Ponta Cabinet has already proven they had solutions for solving most of the problems those imbecils and thieves before created.
And, most of all, I've finally seen some dignity shown by Romanian politicians.
And you'll see, those sh.itty papers you are talking about will apologize soon enough for misinforming people about the current situation. And those who payed for those untrue and hugely stupid articles should be charged of high treason!
I can give more than 50 reasons why Basescu should be dismissed. Can you deliver at lerast a few things he did right?
Come on, dude, you know that story by Creanga about the human stupidity. I cannot believe there still are intelligent people being scared of that salt block on the chimney. ;)

Italy

#41 Jul 28, 2012
Unu wrote:
<quoted text>
Iisus, cu doi de "i" pt. ca asa scriu romanii adevarati(desigur ca tu nu esti pt. ca te scremi pe tine tot timpul cu "nazi" si "genociduri", nu pot decat sa cred ca esti un tigan/jidan/minoritate "persecutata"), a scos biciul la jidani cand au pangarit templul.
Ce ai de sari asa?
@Ala alias Unu:
Ce, te dau afara frustrarile fata mine? De ajungi sa scrii ca un animal si ca ultimul birjar? Eu sunt tiganul si evreul si mai stiu eu ce? Cand ultimii extremisti unguri iti spun ca tara ta trebuie rasa de pe suprafata Pamantul, taci ca o pisica moarta. Daca eu iti pun niste probleme normale si te pun in fata realitatii, faci pe extremistul ortodox?
Esti ultimul ipocrit infam, exact ca multi care se plimba pe acest forum. Oameni fara de rost si fara de viata care stau sa-i pandeasca si sa-i spioneze pe altii.

Magarule!

Vezi sa nu ma apuc sa scriu aici, ca inteleg si altii, din ce judete ale tarii sunt cei mai multi plecati si ce fel de joburi fac.
Nu te-am jignit niciodata si nu inteleg ce te face sa sari asa. Nu am nimic de ascuns, sunt mandru de propriile mele realizari si de situatia mea, nu esti nici pe sfert la nivelul meu ca sa ma judeci.

Italy

#42 Jul 28, 2012
Mihai, hold your nerves and keep it cool, please.
You are not going to personally gain anything as I will not. So let us speak friendly and calmly. If you can.

I know what Basescu did wrong: the fleet, the presence in Gypsie weddings and so on. But why so many relations with Russia and Moscow? And I mean I looked on the site you sent me. And his selection was from Russia Today!!!! And Kondyakov was in Romania at those dates and now Ponta meet him. And Marga gave that declaration. Now, you are trying to tell me I am copy-pasting propaganda.

Otherwise, I can only take your word on the "golden era" USL is preparing us. For now, it sounds like a very Russian era. But, maybe it is right. I do not understand one point: why couldn't they wait any longer? Basescu and PDL were finished politically anyway. Why push it in a way which was shameful for us in Europe?

Sorry, Mihai, but I love my country and my people more than you can probably think and much more than some pseudo-nazis here believe. But I know we cannot build anything based on lies and corruption. You are very wrong considering me an outsider.

@nazistul de serviciu, oricare ar fi el (stie el; nu tu Mihai): Ce e, baiatule? Ai chef de bataie si de scandal si ai uitat demult termenii unei conversatii civilizate? Vrei sa-mi afli adresa si datele, ca sa ma inveti tu o lectie? Vino cu gorilele, de-abia astept sa mai iau cativa cu mine.
TheRealMihai wrote:
Petru, really now, you're a PhD! How in the world could you believe this BS propaganda? The Boc Cabinmets were a catastrophy. Basescu borrowed 30bn for doing nothing but enreach his servants.
Petru, not voting tomorrow is a huge offense to those who died in December '89 for our right to express ourselves freely.
The Romanian President should have much more limited powers than Basescu grabbed. Romania is traditionally a Constitutional Monarchy, where the King is a mediator. Why couldn't this Republic let the PM do his job?
Trust me, you'll see our country doing better and better everything if people oust Basescu.
USL's mission is very difficult, indeed, especially having those orange commies spending huge amounts of money on delusional anti-Romanian propaganda, but Ponta Cabinet has already proven they had solutions for solving most of the problems those imbecils and thieves before created.
And, most of all, I've finally seen some dignity shown by Romanian politicians.
And you'll see, those sh.itty papers you are talking about will apologize soon enough for misinforming people about the current situation. And those who payed for those untrue and hugely stupid articles should be charged of high treason!
I can give more than 50 reasons why Basescu should be dismissed. Can you deliver at lerast a few things he did right?
Come on, dude, you know that story by Creanga about the human stupidity. I cannot believe there still are intelligent people being scared of that salt block on the chimney. ;)

Bucharest, Romania

#43 Jul 28, 2012
Petru, I am very calm and so I was when I wrote the previous message. If I seemed to be offensive towards you, then I'm sorry.
I really cannot understand why people see in this cr.appy President we had a saviour. All he did was to grab all the power and protect his slaves from PD-L, who managed to steal enormously and do too many stupid things. I can't stand them and this has happened since they created this party.
Why couldn't people wait a bit longer? They had enough! And I could ask you the same question somehow: you're asking me to wait two more years and a half but can't you wait for about three months for early elections?
I'm sick of Romania being told what to do from the EPP. And that's the reason why several European leaders embraced Basescu's delusional propaganda so easily - the EPP is about to lose their authority amongst the EU structures. Romania is an important country and it should have been more powerful starting a few years ago, as Tariceanu wanted. But Basescu did everything he could to gain full control over the Government, so he sabotaged Tariceanu in any way he could soon after he first won Presidency, although the two were allies then. It's then, about 2007-2008 when I began saying that Romania has chosen a wrong path by supporting Basescu's party instead of Tariceanu's - the genuine liberals in fact, PNL. I'm convinced Romania would have done much better - politically, socially and especially economically - if Basescu wouldn't have grabbed all the power and would have let the PM do his job.
You should remember the moment when he refused to name Klaus Johannis as PM, as the liberals wanted to form a coalition with the winning social-democrats. He chose Boc instead, whom he could control. And that's when the drama began.

About Russia. I don't know why so many people think that having normal relations with such a power is a bad thing to do. We're still supported by the USA as a country as Washington just announced that they're going to recognise the referendum. And again - that signal was clear: Obama Administratin supports the PM's actions.

And now, tell me honestly, doesn't Antonescu seem to you more vertical and normal than Basescu? If not, you'll have the chance not to vote for him in three months, although I can't think of a better person to challenge him from the PD-L side.

About the guy who said we should leave the EU - I strongly disagree both with his opinions and the way they were expressed. But we need our eurosceptics, because that is what democracy is about. However, extreme behaviour and ideas are never pleasant at all.
Victor

Las Vegas, NV

#44 Jul 28, 2012
Well Boys,

I see the battle that we have undertaken, just on this blog.

We have uncovered government interference here, with a self proclaimed government worker, supporting PONTA.(The Real Mihai). You have mentioned HIGH Treason, for viewing ones opinion, on newspapers.

WOW, sounds like your communist, which has been consistent with your blog. In a democratic country, free opinion is allowed, criticizing government is allowed. Uncovering basterds, thieves, and corrupt is allowed. When you have the USL react with hijacking the Presidency, this is not allowed in Democracy. People elections are gold, and must be respected, unfortunately this hostile takeover has turned your country back to the time of pre-1989.....I'm sure there are a lot of people who wouldn't mind that in your country. But are you willing to lose EU status for this, are your young adults going to let this happen. I don't think so, they have tasted the West, technology, independence. I think there would be a second revolution if this reverts to Russia sphere of infleunce, they have nothing to offer your people. They're corrupt even more now. There people are not happy with their president who cheats and hijacks his elections, decade after decade to enrich his crew. Suppression of his people. So if you think this is your path, I hope logic will prevail. I hope EU conducts these elections, not Romania, this is to great of a election to allow the infiltraitors to conduct.

I'm really sad that everything that has been accomplished since 1989 will be gone in a instant.
I'm american, not affected, but it is very sad....

Vote Bacescu, Please don't allow Russian in. I don't want you to lose what you have.

All your property values will be lost, nobody will buy them. You will never be given another chance in the EU. Their weak, and their tired of this act.

You may sacrifice in the immediate thinking its better. But its a false view.

Rise young Romanians, rise those that have benefited from EU, rich class who will lose also in this equation. Fight now against this takeover.
Be a democracy, believe in it. Never allow this to happen again. This takeover is not consistent with Democratic Values.

Vote Bacescu

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Neamt, Romania Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Moldova canceled (May '12) Mar '16 PROUD TO BE SERB ... 15
News Will EU Surround Russian-Speaking Island in Eas... (Oct '13) Jul '14 PROUD TO BE SERB 53
News Roma minority lacks political representation Eu... (Mar '14) Apr '14 PHILIP THE MACEDO... 4
News Commission regrets Basescu's 'bigger Romania' s... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Bjorn Gogu 1
News Moldova enacts ban on Communist symbols (Oct '12) Oct '13 Adi 44
News Over 100,000 Hungarians form human chain, askin... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Mihai 1
News Court Overturns Convictions in Draskovic Murder... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Serbonazis 1
More from around the web