Curious

Bowling Green, KY

#1 Feb 12, 2013
I would like to know what those in the SBC think of the concept of rewards or "crowns" in Heaven. Some think that the saved will all be equal in Heaven, others think that soul-winners and those who labor in the fields will have honors that those who have done less or have backslidden will not.

Also, if you are a member of the SBC, please let me know. While I welcome any comments, those of members of SBC churches are what I am asking for specifically.

(I hope this doesn't sound like I'm saying who can post or not. That's not what I mean at all!)

Thanks,
Curious
Bible Believer

United States

#2 Feb 12, 2013
And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away
1 Peter 5:4 (KJV)

Php 4:1
From particular admonitions
1 Therefore, my brethren dearly beloved and longed for, my joy and crown, so stand fast in the Lord, my dearly beloved.

1Th 2:19
He recounts to the Thessalonians the manner in which the gospel was preached to them
19 For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Are not even ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at his coming?

2Ti 4:8
The duties of a minister
8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

Jas 1:12
We are to rejoice under trials
12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

1Pe 5:4
He appeals to the elders to feed their flocks
4 And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.

Rev 3:11
The angel of the church in Philadelphia
11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

Rev 14:14
An angel preaches the gospel
14 And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.

Darbyism crept in and muddied the water with the secret rapture and/or 7 yr trib doctrine that isn't in the Bible.

I go to a number of churches SBC, IFB, Bible Baptist, etc... Most of them teach they will get a crown to wear and given positions. JN Darby and Scofield got that doctrine started in seminaries ~150 yrs ago and entered some false historical statement of Catholic church fathers

These beliefs are Brethren and not even Baptist.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Southern Baptist Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evangelicals to Gays: We Have Nothing For You |... (Mar '10) 8 hr janeebee 18,829
Sexual purity among Christian men, fact or fict... (Aug '09) 13 hr Jerry Boggs 2
Is glorifying God a hate crime now? Sun NoahLovesU 65
Bible Citation Costs Atlanta Fire Chief His Job... Jan 20 Fa-Foxy 7
bingo Jan 12 Peter Xavier 1
rapture? Jan 6 HEATH - 72 2
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Dec 31 Blahzay 83,904
More from around the web