First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Phil

Birmingham, AL

#83 May 29, 2009
They are trapped in legalism and literalism. I have a hard time liking them because as a mainline minister they have treated me as a "second-class Christian." It is hard to have dialogue with them.
bill

Boissevain, Canada

#84 Dec 19, 2012
Paul Knott wrote:
No religion will get you into heaven. Only asking Christ into your heart will get you into heaven. There is only one perfect person. Thats only Jesus the Christ. Calling people names only shows that you aren't perfect either. Jesus died for everyone. Jesus loves you so much that he died on a roman cross for every person.
thats a religion
Bro Samuel

United States

#85 Dec 23, 2012
What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin; 10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: 11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. 12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one. 13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips: 14 Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness: 15 Their feet are swift to shed blood: 16 Destruction and misery are in their ways: 17 And the way of peace have they not known: 18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.
Romans 3:9-18 (KJV)

Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: 13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law. 14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.
Romans 5:12-14 (KJV)

Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me. 26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. 27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. 30 I and my Father are one.
John 10:25-30 (KJV)

They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.
1 John 2:19-20 (KJV) That group that left the NT church; formed the RCC under Constantine.
jake

Tyler, TX

#86 Dec 23, 2012
I love the Baptist Church--you couldn't find better people--the only desire they have is for you to be saved.What's wrong with that'?
Bro Samuel

United States

#87 Dec 27, 2012
And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch. Acts 11:26 (KJV)

In Christianity; Baptist and disciples of Christ are the oldest names given to Christians.

Baptism began with John the Baptist. Jesus was the Messiah and also ordained baptism and of course was crucified and send the Holy Ghost for the baptism by fire and circumcision of the heart: then the saved were baptized in water.

Baptist doctrine is simple: believe on Him whom God sent. Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? 29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
John 6:28-29 (KJV) This puts our works as not being able to merit. We must have the righteousness of Jesus imputed to us for our righteouness is as filthy rags.
Bro Samuel

United States

#88 Dec 27, 2012
A problem with the Baptist name is that far too many without Baptist doctrine or any ties to Baptist belief at all; yet they want to call themselves Baptist.

Many infiltrate the Baptist and even take over the congregation. Evangelicals invade Baptist and adopt Ecumenical doctrine and the 7 yr tribulation doctrine of the Brethren.

Jack Van Impe is one that calls himself Baptist but teaches Brethren doctrine. The Westboro church of NUTZ are just a cult but call themselves Baptist with zero ties to Baptist.

Satan is the author of confusion. They teach the doctrine of the false prophet. This doctrine came to be taught at the end of the 16th century.
Honest Hank

Smyrna, GA

#89 Jan 5, 2013
I can't imagine why anyone would make a post like this. I am not a Baptist; even so, Baptist share with historical Christian of all persuations a love for the Bible, a love for Jesus and a passon for the Gospel. As much as I love my own church -- the Protestant Episocpal Church and her solemn ways -- I would never think of throwing stones at other Christians who are seeking to live out the Gospel. More unites us than separates us.

Having said that, I do think SOME Baptist churches have erred in the direction of being entertainment-oreinted, consumer-oriented institutions. I think they need to get back to their roots and kick out the praise bands and all that is against the Gospel. That's their business, though.
test

Marietta, GA

#90 Jan 5, 2013
Honest Hank wrote:
I can't imagine why anyone would make a post like this. I am not a Baptist; even so, Baptist share with historical Christian of all persuations a love for the Bible, a love for Jesus and a passon for the Gospel. As much as I love my own church -- the Protestant Episocpal Church and her solemn ways -- I would never think of throwing stones at other Christians who are seeking to live out the Gospel. More unites us than separates us.

Having said that, I do think SOME Baptist churches have erred in the direction of being entertainment-oreinted, consumer-oriented institutions. I think they need to get back to their roots and kick out the praise bands and all that is against the Gospel. That's their business, though.
Test
Bible Believer

United States

#91 Jan 30, 2013
The Baptist name is the oldest; 300 yrs older than Catholicism.

Catholicism is the re-creation of the Babylonian religion. They have never been Christian for one day. However, they have killed millions of Christians.

The Baptist name has been adopted by many who are not Baptist in their doctrine or practice.

The Protestants pulled out of the Catholics but did not drop all the Catholic ways and adhere to the Holy Bible. The Egyptian/Romish strain of text are not the Bible of the Christians. Their's is based on Gnostic writing and Codex A (Vaticanus). The NASB and ESV and NIV, etc... are from the minority text of Rome. A false bible with false doctrine.

Apostasy is run rempid and many baptist churches have joined the Ecumenical bunch. Ecumenicism is the joining to the False Prophet.
Dallas

Cedar Falls, IA

#92 Feb 13, 2013
Why? What did we do to you? If you don't like us leave us alone and keep your opinions to yourself. We don't want to hear your Satan- like opinion. We will be laughing at you from Heaven!
Bible Believer

United States

#93 Feb 13, 2013
Catholics? The False Prophet? Killed millions of Christians and perform rites where they ritualistic kill Jesus daily.

How's that for starters?
darrel

Edmonton, Canada

#94 Mar 24, 2013
liseux wrote:
As a different type of RC, I think that Baptists are fantastic. We have a lot in common, especially life issues. Please pardon the poor guy who started this thread.
He doesn't know what he's doing.
This is our version of RC funtamentalists ( so called trationalists) he is not stating Catholic belief. On behalf of my Curch I ask for fogiveness.
Disciple of Jesus

Millfield, OH

#95 Mar 24, 2013
The Cat-a-holics are re-implementing the Inquisition. They are a murderous organization serving Lucifer.

The Poops Dagon (fish god) hat with the Hexagram on it lets you know a lot.

The Eucharist is a Satanic ritual whereby they kill Jesus and mock His atoning work.

They have killed millions of Christians. The Protestants have killed their share of Christians too.

Folks; get a real Bible and read it and believe it. Follow Jesus and come out from among them.
horsecamp

Silver City, NM

#96 Jun 10, 2013
no more evil wrote:
both hands up! standing on a chair to get them up higher
your sence of humor is so funny it makes me jealous im not baptist..
horsecamp

Silver City, NM

#97 Jun 10, 2013
Bible Believer wrote:
The Baptist name is the oldest; 300 yrs older than Catholicism.
Catholicism is the re-creation of the Babylonian religion. They have never been Christian for one day. However, they have killed millions of Christians.
The Baptist name has been adopted by many who are not Baptist in their doctrine or practice.
The Protestants pulled out of the Catholics but did not drop all the Catholic ways and adhere to the Holy Bible. The Egyptian/Romish strain of text are not the Bible of the Christians. Their's is based on Gnostic writing and Codex A (Vaticanus). The NASB and ESV and NIV, etc... are from the minority text of Rome. A false bible with false doctrine.
Apostasy is run rempid and many baptist churches have joined the Ecumenical bunch. Ecumenicism is the joining to the False Prophet.
YOU SAID

The NASB and ESV and NIV, etc... are from the minority text of Rome. A false bible with false doctrine.

UHM??/ Do you realize these texts call John the baptist?

so you want us to beleive John was realy the roman catholic

THIS IS ALL JUST SO CONFUSING NOW.. BEFORE YOU SAID WHAT YOU DID IT WAS ALL SO SIMPLE..
Shane and Crystal Brewer

Cincinnati, OH

#98 Sep 30, 2013
tsirhc666 wrote:
All baptists are scum.All faiths are scum.Hipocritical fools,misleading everyone you see with your lies and deceit.
Have you ever wondered why you are so angered by the thought of someone you don't believe in. I think back to my reaction when I realized Santa wasn't real. I didn't go out and spit on the children who thought that he was. Have you ever considered that maybe your anger is an indication of a nature within you that proves the authority of Scripture after all. That it is the drive of this nature that causes you to become angry, mean-spirited and insulting. Just something to think about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Southern Baptist Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pastor & Tithing (Nov '08) 7 hr TJB 26
Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold line on gays Wed Otter in the Ozarks 18
Churches split on Scouts' welcoming of gay youth (Jun '13) Oct 23 Ralphie 10
openly gay southern baptist pastors Oct 10 Liam R 7
Why do Southern Baptists dislike Catholics? (Feb '10) Sep '14 Dataw 109
Obama Praises LGBT Activists at Event Attended ... Sep '14 serfs up 29
why are southern baptists sooooo self-righteous? (Feb '11) Sep '14 2all 105

Southern Baptist People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE