“Lets Go Racing Boys!”

Since: Nov 07

HMS Rules !!!

#43 Jan 14, 2008
MSO4 wrote:
So if I am Mormon and believe Christ died for my sins and I ask Christ to forgive me too bad , I am on the fasttrack to hell. Guess Heaven will not have many there and if that is true seems like this little plan God had with humans turned out to be a miserable failure.
What??? If you beleive Christ is the Messiah, and is God in the flesh, and that He died for your sins you are going to Heavan. But, the Morman church does not beleive that, therefore you are not a true Morman. Ask one of your elders If Jesus is GOD in the Flesh.
proud mom

United States

#44 Jan 15, 2008
see i think that is what the post was orginally about. baptist try to tell everyone what do do,say,think,act. and if you don't do what thay say then you are wrong and going to hell, but don't worry the baptist will pray for you because they are the only religion that is right w/God. I believe Jesus loves all. rememeber the song we learned as children, "Jesus loves you". but that is just my thought. and i use to be a baptist. it is there way or hell.
Bremen Alum

Richmond, VA

#45 Jan 15, 2008
proud mom wrote:
see i think that is what the post was orginally about. baptist try to tell everyone what do do,say,think,act. and if you don't do what thay say then you are wrong and going to hell, but don't worry the baptist will pray for you because they are the only religion that is right w/God. I believe Jesus loves all. rememeber the song we learned as children, "Jesus loves you". but that is just my thought. and i use to be a baptist. it is there way or hell.
Yeah they will pray for you. Just send in a tithing donation for their trouble. Google the name Mike Everson and read some of the crap this so called preacher has been doing.
Anthony

Richland, WA

#46 Jan 15, 2008
Remember the words I spoke to you:'No servant is greater than his master.' If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also (John 15:20).

Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. "Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you (Matthew 5:10-12).

I am thankful that I can come here and see that indeed people will hate me for my faith. I hold no ill will toward people who hate Christians... how else can I earn my reward.

May God bless you all and show you his truth, for even the Apostle Paul persecuted Christians before he met Christ.

“Unions are still scum ”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

#47 Jan 16, 2008
kickitoff wrote:
<quoted text>
What??? If you beleive Christ is the Messiah, and is God in the flesh, and that He died for your sins you are going to Heavan. But, the Morman church does not beleive that, therefore you are not a true Morman. Ask one of your elders If Jesus is GOD in the Flesh.
My Elder said that Jesus was God on earth. Mormons are Christians. I guess it is as simple as John 3:16.

“Lets Go Racing Boys!”

Since: Nov 07

HMS Rules !!!

#48 Jan 16, 2008
MSO4 wrote:
<quoted text>My Elder said that Jesus was God on earth. Mormons are Christians. I guess it is as simple as John 3:16.
Is Mormonism Christian?

Is Mormonism Christian?" is a very important question. The answer is equally important and simple. No. Mormonism is not Christian.

The reason Mormonism is not Christian is because it denies one or more of the essential doctrines of Christianity. Of the essential doctrines (that there is only one God, Jesus is God in flesh, forgiveness of sins is by grace alone, and Jesus rose from the dead physically, the gospel being the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus), Mormonism denies three of them: how many gods there are, the person of Jesus, and His work of salvation.
Mormonism teaches that God the Father has a body of flesh and bones (D. & C. 130:22) and that Jesus is a creation. It teaches that he was begotten in heaven as one of God’s spirit children (See the Book, Jesus the Christ, by James Talmage, p. 8). This is in strict contrast to the biblical teaching that he is God in flesh (John 1:1, 14), eternal (John 1:1, 2, 15), uncreated, yet born on earth (Col. 1:15), and the creator all (John 1:3; Col. 1;16-17). Jesus cannot be both created and not created at the same time. Though Mormonism teaches that Jesus is god in flesh, it teaches that he is "a" god in flesh, one of three gods that comprise the office of the Trinity (Articles of Faith, by Talmage, pp. 35-40). These three gods are the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. This is in direct contradiction of the biblical doctrine that there is only one God (Isaiah 44:6,8; 45:5). See Trinity for a correct discussion of what the Trinity is.
Because Mormonism denies the biblical truth of who God is, who Jesus is, how forgiveness of sins is attained, and what the gospel is, the Mormon is not Christian -- in spite of all his claims that he is.

“Unions are still scum ”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

#49 Jan 16, 2008
But Mormons also follow the Old and New Testament, the very same Bible you have. They just have an extra edition. Does that mean you are hell bound? Of course not. That is so silly.

“RAmen”

Since: Jun 07

A-town aka: the 806

#50 Jan 17, 2008
Besides Mormons are awesome!
Anthony

Richland, WA

#51 Jan 18, 2008
"As man is, God once was. As God is man may become"
The doctrine that man (you and I) may advance ourselves to become a God, is sufficient in it self to show the vast gulf between biblical Christianity and Mormonism.
My family was Mormon for generations and the vast majority of those with my last name still are, but God in his grace led me to the truth. Despite my love for Mormons I clearly see that the Jesus they profess is not the Jesus the Bible teaches.

“Unions are still scum ”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

#52 Jan 20, 2008
Anthony wrote:
"As man is, God once was. As God is man may become"
The doctrine that man (you and I) may advance ourselves to become a God, is sufficient in it self to show the vast gulf between biblical Christianity and Mormonism.
My family was Mormon for generations and the vast majority of those with my last name still are, but God in his grace led me to the truth. Despite my love for Mormons I clearly see that the Jesus they profess is not the Jesus the Bible teaches.
Sure, I almost forgot that second Jesus story that Mormons believe. The Jesus that was born in Betheham free from sin, the one that performed miracles, the one that died on the cross, and the one that rose from the dead to ascend to the kingdom of Heaven. Which Jesus do who worship?
Anthony

Grandview, WA

#53 Jan 20, 2008
The New Testament teaches that Jesus, God the Son, is eternal and has no beginning. However, Mormonism teaches that Jesus is a procreated being, the literal offspring of God the Father and one of His heavenly wives.

Mormon doctrine deviates significantly from the Bible, which teaches that Jesus is eternal and not procreated. Although Mormons say that Jesus is eternal, what they mean is that He existed as a spirit child prior to His incarnation. Being an offspring of Elohim means He was created at some point in time.

According to the Mormon view, Jesus is not unique from the rest of mankind. He is simply the firstborn spirit child. The Doctrine and Covenants states, "The difference between Jesus and other offspring of Elohim is one of degree not of kind."

Mormonism teaches that Jesus' incarnation was the result of sexual relations between the flesh and bone Heavenly Father and Mary. Mormon theology teaches that the Father was the main person involved in Mary's conception, not the Holy Spirit. Joseph Fielding Smith wrote, "Christ is not the Son of the Holy Ghost, but of the Father."

The Bible makes it clear: Jesus was conceived as the result of a miraculous work of the Holy Spirit, not a physical union with the Father.

Luke 1:35 states, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you." The Holy Spirit's supernatural work in Mary's body enabled Christ--eternal God--to take on human nature. Jesus thus had a dual nature. He was fully God and fully man. Mormons reject this teaching.

I could go on.. perhaps I will.
Anthony

Grandview, WA

#54 Jan 20, 2008
In Mormon theology, there is a distinction between general salvation--resurrection for all, and individual salvation which refers to exaltation. Mormonism teaches that that we have all attained universal resurrection as a result of Jesus' death, but we must now earn our own place in heaven by doing all we can do.

The Bible does not equate salvation with resurrection. Jesus' death provides atonement for all of humanity (Isaiah 53:6), but salvation is contingent on one's response to Christ's atoning work. Salvation applies only to those who accept Christ's work on the cross. It is not universal as in Mormonism.

Individual salvation is by faith alone, not by works.(Ephesians 2:8-9) It is through faith in Jesus alone that one receives the full measure of the gift of salvation. The Bible does not teach three levels of glorification(telestial,terres trial,and celestial). There is only eternal life with Christ, or eternal separation from God.

Mormonism teaches that while on earth, Jesus was married to at least three women and bare children.(as stated by Orson Hyde, one of the original Twelve Apostles of the Mormon Church and who was ordained by Joseph Smith himself)

According to the New Testament, there is no evidence to indicate that Jesus was married or that He had children. It is even more inconceivable that He would enter into a polygamous relationship, for it was not God's intended will for marriage.(Genesis 2:24, Matthew 19:5, and 1 Timothy 3)
Anthony

Grandview, WA

#55 Jan 20, 2008
LASTLY AND MOST IMPORTANT TO ALL CHRISTIANS.

The Mormon pamphlet found in almost every LDS visitors centers titled, "What the Mormons think of Christ", refutes the saving grace of Christ's sacrifice. On page 22 we find this written,

"Christians speak often of the blood of Christ and it's cleansing power. Much that is believed and taught on this subject is such utter nonsense and so palpably false that to believe it is to lose one's salvation. For instance, many believe or pretend to believe that if we confess Christ with our lips and avow that we accept Him as our personal savior we are thereby saved. They say His blood, without any other act than mere belief makes us clean."

Mormon doctrine not only deny's the only path to Biblical salvation but calls it "palpably false" and says to believe it is to lose ones salvation.

For any Christian who is wondering if indeed Mormonism is a cult reading this one pamphlet produced BY THEM will quickly show you the truth.

It was in my case the pivotal turning point in my desire to excell as a Mormon.

“Lets Go Racing Boys!”

Since: Nov 07

HMS Rules !!!

#56 Jan 21, 2008
Anthony wrote:
Mormon doctrine not only deny's the only path to Biblical salvation but calls it "palpably false" and says to believe it is to lose ones salvation.
So True My Brother:

The True Path:

John Chapter Fourteen

6 Jesus said to him,“I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to
the Father except through Me.

Romans Chapter Ten

9 That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11 For the Scripture says, "Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame."
12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him.
13 For "whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved."

“Lets Go Racing Boys!”

Since: Nov 07

HMS Rules !!!

#57 Jan 21, 2008
Jesus said, "I am" to demonstrate that He is our Saviour

----------

Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty." (John 6:35)
" I am the bread of life.{49} Your forefathers ate the manna in the desert, yet they died.{50} But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which a man may eat and not die.{51} I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world." (John 6:48-51)
When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." (John 8:12)
Therefore Jesus said again, "I tell you the truth, I am the gate for the sheep.{8} All who ever came before me were thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them.{9} I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. He will come in and go out, and find pasture.{10} The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.{11} I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep." (John 10:7-11)
"I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me." (John 10:14)
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies." (John 11:25)
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6)
These are the most well known "I am" statements of Jesus in which he describes Himself variously as 'the bread of life, the light of the world, the gate and the shepherd, the resurrection and the life, the way, the truth and the life'. Each one of these descriptions helped His hearers to understand some aspect of His saving ministry, as they were all well-understood word pictures:

Bread was and still is a basic food item;
light is necessary for comfortable and safe living conditions,
a shepherd and his sheepfold were symbols of caring.
Using these symbols made His role as Saviour clearer as being a basic necessity for mankind to come into a loving and caring relationship with God.

Jesus' statements about being both the 'resurrection and the life' as well as 'the way, the truth and the life' were more esoteric. For the Jews, who had been well grounded in the Old Testament Scriptures, they were statements which dramatically pointed out that Jesus was beyond a mortal prophet. He made claims which could only be supported by the fact that He was the Christ, the longed-for Messiah, the Saviour from God.

Even though some of these symbols have lost their impact in our world, the message they and Jesus' other 'Saviour' declarations have are pertinent:
We have nothing which pleases God, nothing which can break down the barrier fixed between us and God - the barrier brought about by the incompatibility between God's holiness, righteousness and justice and our sinful condition.

The only things which are able to break that barrier down are Jesus''blood and righteousness.' Only He as the Saviour sent from God to die as the atoning sacrifice for our sins can bring us into God's presence as the shepherd brings back the sheep to his fold.

Jesus made these "I am" statements to help us understand who He is - the Holy Son of God, our friend and Saviour.

“Lets Go Racing Boys!”

Since: Nov 07

HMS Rules !!!

#58 Jan 21, 2008
Jesus said, "I am" to demonstrate His divinity.

----------

Jesus and his disciples went on to the villages around Caesarea Philippi. On the way he asked them, "Who do people say I am?" They replied, "Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, one of the prophets." "But what about you?" he asked. "Who do you say I am?" Peter answered, "You are the Christ." (Mark 8:27-29)
"Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves." (John 14:10-11)
"On that day you will realise that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you." (John 14:20)
"I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!" (John 8:58)
But Jesus remained silent and gave no answer. Again the high priest asked him, "Are you the Christ, the Son of the Blessed One?" "I am," said Jesus. "And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven." (Mark 14:61-62)
Jesus had to put His disciples to the test early in their training, to have them verbalise the thoughts which were running around in their heads after what they had seen of Jesus' teaching and healing. Peter, the impetuous and bold, takes the lead and speaks the truth which had been given to him by God, "You are the Christ - the Messiah." Jesus does not deny this, nor does he reprimand Peter, but goes on to commend him for what he has said.

However, even as Jesus' last days were upon Him, some disciples were still struggling with the concept of Jesus' divinity. At the Last Supper, Philip was still questioning and looking for signs, so Jesus had to remind him quickly that what he and the others had observed and experienced were, in fact, signs of Jesus' divinity.

The Jews, on the other hand, could not bring themselves to believe that Jesus was the Messiah, so Jesus had to bring them to their senses with statements like John 8:58. This was a telling declaration, as the Jews laid great store by their ancestry from Abraham and revered him and his memory as the father of their nation. What Jesus said here brought His divinity into focus for the Jews.

Obviously, this statement and others like it which Jesus made during His ministry had a telling effect on the Jews and their leaders, as it was one of the main points of contention they had against Jesus at His 'trial.' Despite what they had seen, what they had heard and all that they had been told, they still refused to accept Jesus' claims to be God's Son. Some of the last words Jesus spoke before His crucifixion were to once again witness to the Jews that He is the Son of God.

The fact that Jesus is God's Son makes us all the more humble when we reflect upon His death for our sins. God became man and that man became the sacrifice to atone for our sin, our rebellion and our unbelief. It is no wonder that we should humble ourselves before Him and seek to serve and honour Him with all the powers that he has given us.

“Unions are still scum ”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

#59 Jan 21, 2008
Yes, I agree, we use the same Bible that you are quoting from. Simply put Jesus said that whoever believed in him and asked forgiveness was going to heaven. Does believing Jesus was procreated by God (by the way I do not) Mean you will go to hell even though you have ask Jesus into your heart? I think not. You are making something God made simple into something complex. BTW just so I know where you stand. Will Catholics, JW's, and other Christians sects go to heaven or are they also going to hell.

“Lets Go Racing Boys!”

Since: Nov 07

HMS Rules !!!

#60 Jan 21, 2008
MSO4 wrote:
Yes, I agree, we use the same Bible that you are quoting from. Simply put Jesus said that whoever believed in him and asked forgiveness was going to heaven. Does believing Jesus was procreated by God (by the way I do not) Mean you will go to hell even though you have ask Jesus into your heart? I think not. You are making something God made simple into something complex. BTW just so I know where you stand. Will Catholics, JW's, and other Christians sects go to heaven or are they also going to hell.
Salvation is a personal thing between a person and God(Father+Son+Holy-Spirit) through the blood of Christ Jesus. The Jesus Mormans (jesus is brothers with satan, and all of us) and JW (deny the divinity of Jesus that Jesus is God [The Word] come to flesh) pray to is not the Same Jesus that all other Christians including Catholics pray too.

If they are not asking Christ Jesus to forgive them because He died on the cross for their sins, then they are talking to a false Christ. IMHO
Anthony

Grandview, WA

#61 Jan 21, 2008
To belive in Him requires you to believe in who he was, and what he did. Perhaps you did not read my last post as I know I put forth several in a row. The doctrine of the Mormon Church teaches that the Biblical plan of salvation is false.

... " many believe or pretend to believe that if we confess Christ with our lips and avow that we accept Him as our personal savior we are thereby saved. They say His blood, without any other act than mere belief makes us clean."
{this} "is such utter nonsense and so palpably false that to believe it is to lose one's salvation."

Mormon doctrine says that to believe exactly what all true Christians believe will cause one to actually "lose his salvation". Yet it is in truth exactly what one MUST believe if he is to spend eternity in God's presence.

My righteousness is through the blood of Christ. I cannot in anyway add to it or subtract from it. God accepts me ONLY because Christ sacrificed himself in my sted. I serve God out of gratitude not because my works can add in anyway to my salvation.

This belief is scoffed at and ridiculed by Mormons.. as I was for accepting it.

I implore you to open your heart to Christ as revealed through the Bible. I know you have been told it has been corrupted but it is in truth the pure word of God. Nothing need be added to it and nothing need be subtracted from it. Remember that Satan can appear as an Angel of Light and I truly understand how beautiful the LDS can appear, but it is a terrible twisting of truth and lies that has led many very good men astray.

“Lets Go Racing Boys!”

Since: Nov 07

HMS Rules !!!

#62 Jan 22, 2008
As with many other scriptural doctrines, the idea of “once saved, always saved” is also supported logically. Eternal security is consistent with everything else the Bible teaches about mankind, and God. Examining the doctrine in relation to the rest of Scripture demonstrates that it is consistent with all other biblically sound teachings. The idea of losing our salvation is not only unscriptural, but it creates monumental problems with other doctrines, including salvation by faith, the sin nature of man, and the purpose of Christ’s sacrifice.

The Bible teaches that man is inherently sinful -- that a sinful nature is a part of all of us (Romans 3:10). This means that even after being saved, every single believer is going to sin from time to time. Thinking that we can live a perfect, sinless life after our salvation is not only unscriptural, but arrogant (James 2:10). If we are not eternally secure, this sinning will cause us to lose our salvation, but how much sin is too much? There is no scriptural “yardstick” given to tell us how many or what kind of sins are enough to void our salvation. Without eternal security, the Bible would describe a situation where Christianity is a perpetual game of Russian Roulette; a life in which condemnation and salvation alternate every time we sin and confess, and we never know if we’re saved or not.

Scriptural passages (Ephesians 2:8-9, Isaiah 64:6) indicate that our attempts at good deeds will never earn us a place in heaven. We cannot make up for our past, present, or future sins by doing good works. A saved believer will, as a natural product of their faith, shun sin and practice good works (James 2:18). If “once saved, always saved” is not true, then by necessity we are saved both by our faith and our works. If we can do sinful things, or not do good things (James 4:17) and lose our security, then our good deeds are a part of our salvation. This is concept is contradictory to Scripture. It also creates an unlivable scenario where we have to try to do enough good to outweigh our sinful natures. The doctrine of “eternal security” goes hand in hand with the doctrine of “saved by faith alone.” To deny eternal security is to endorse a “faith plus works” salvation system

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Southern Baptist Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Churches split on Scouts' welcoming of gay youth (Jun '13) Mon Belle Sexton 7
openly gay southern baptist pastors Oct 10 Liam R 7
Why do Southern Baptists dislike Catholics? (Feb '10) Sep '14 Dataw 109
Obama Praises LGBT Activists at Event Attended ... Sep '14 serfs up 29
why are southern baptists sooooo self-righteous? (Feb '11) Sep '14 2all 105
Southern Baptist Leaders Seek Softer Approach T... Aug '14 WasteWater 74
Supreme Court rules in favor of Hobby Lobby in ... Jul '14 rob 1

Southern Baptist People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE