Hands up if you think SOUTHERN BAPTIS...

“College football is here!!”

Since: Sep 07

Thomasville,Ga

#23 Oct 1, 2007
Okay suppose your right coolmind and it is all just a fluke,even though its not,I haved lived a good life,I can sleep very well at night,in the end I have lost nothing as a christian.But if it is all true and the lord returns to take the christians upward and your left here u have lost eternity my friend.Jesus loves u and I would say you can not afford the risk.Be blessed and I will pray for you.

“God is love.”

Since: Mar 07

Central Texas

#24 Oct 19, 2007
Baptists are weak? Yeah right, and so are the Muslims!

I am a Catholic, and while I don't agree with Baptist theolgical inventions, I do admire their sticking many biblical principles in the face of opposition, i.e., abortion, and homosexual acts.

Go Baptists!
rich

United States

#25 Oct 25, 2007
Aconstas1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Read my free book about How to really be saved
http://www.aapossolutions.com/About-Us/How-to...
I'm glad you wrote the book on how to really be saved....where would we be without you!

“God Sent His Only Son”

Since: Aug 07

Texas- Oklahoma

#26 Jan 10, 2008
tsirhc666 wrote:
All baptists are scum.All faiths are scum.Hipocritical fools,misleading everyone you see with your lies and deceit.
I sure hope your day gets better. Did someone steal the raisins from your box of Post Toasties??

“God Sent His Only Son”

Texas- Oklahoma

#27 Jan 10, 2008
Ryan wrote:
Why do you come into our forum to insult us? "By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." John 13:35
They come in to focus any type of attention on themselves and they will say any off the wall ignorant comment to get that attention. They just do not realize that no one in their right and sane mind would want this kind of attention focused on themselves. God bless

“God Sent His Only Son”

Texas- Oklahoma

#28 Jan 10, 2008
Paul Knott wrote:
No religion will get you into heaven. Only asking Christ into your heart will get you into heaven. There is only one perfect person. Thats only Jesus the Christ. Calling people names only shows that you aren't perfect either. Jesus died for everyone. Jesus loves you so much that he died on a roman cross for every person.
How very true. It is all written in God's holy bible. The name calling is very immature,childish but most importantly it is very unchristlike

“God Sent His Only Son”

Texas- Oklahoma

#29 Jan 10, 2008
liseux wrote:
As a different type of RC, I think that Baptists are fantastic. We have a lot in common, especially life issues. Please pardon the poor guy who started this thread.
He doesn't know what he's doing.
What does God say we are to do for people such as this? He told us to pray for them. God sent His only Son to die for all our sins so that one day we can call heaven our eternal home if only we accept Him into our hearts and believe.

“God Sent His Only Son”

Texas- Oklahoma

#30 Jan 10, 2008
Coolmind wrote:
Not scum, just weak minded sheep who follow myth, folklore, superstition and a book of mistakes to a path of self rightiousness and biggotry.
read The God Delusion by dawkins
read "Misquoting the Bible by Ehrman.
set yourself free of myth and superstition.
No, thank you I will keep the best book ever and that is the Holy Bible. God's truth.

“God Sent His Only Son”

Texas- Oklahoma

#31 Jan 10, 2008
American wrote:
<quoted text>
What a very sad soul. I wonder what you have to say when you have to face Christ face to face?
So sad and I agree so very much with you. It will be then as you and I know much too late. He will say "Depart from me for I never knew you" and those are the SADDEST words anyone could ever hear!!

“God Sent His Only Son”

Texas- Oklahoma

#32 Jan 10, 2008
Reese Adams wrote:
Okay suppose your right coolmind and it is all just a fluke,even though its not,I haved lived a good life,I can sleep very well at night,in the end I have lost nothing as a christian.But if it is all true and the lord returns to take the christians upward and your left here u have lost eternity my friend.Jesus loves u and I would say you can not afford the risk.Be blessed and I will pray for you.
I will too.
Bremen Alum

Richmond, VA

#33 Jan 10, 2008
Check the post about the fallen preacher Mike Everson and the high jinks and un christian like behavior he displayed at Prays Mill Baptist Church in Douglasville Ga. It's people like this that turn people off to organized religion. What is more amazing is the fact he was just given a leadership position in the GBC. I ask all of you (esp. JaniceV.), to reasearch this man and the actions of his sons and tell me if this the type of christians that the southern baptist support and follow.

“Unions are still scum ”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

#34 Jan 11, 2008
http://www.ministersexposed.com/ just check out these guys.

“Lets Go Racing Boys!”

Since: Nov 07

HMS Rules !!!

#35 Jan 11, 2008
Romans 10:9-13 (New King James Version)
New King James Version (NKJV)
Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.

9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11 For the Scripture says,“Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.”
12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him.
13 For “whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved.”

“Unions are still scum ”

Atlanta

#36 Jan 11, 2008
"For “whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved" Does that include Mormons?

“Lets Go Racing Boys!”

HMS Rules !!!

#37 Jan 14, 2008
MSO4 wrote:
"For “whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved" Does that include Mormons?
Yes, But Mormans do not worship the true God, they call upon the name of a god that was came from another planet.

“Unions are still scum ”

Atlanta

#38 Jan 14, 2008
kickitoff wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, But Mormans do not worship the true God, they call upon the name of a god that was came from another planet.
Please show me some lit. that states that. If a Mormon says Jesus died on the cross for me I think they are reffering to the same Jesus. Therefore they will also be saved.

“Lets Go Racing Boys!”

HMS Rules !!!

#39 Jan 14, 2008
MSO4 wrote:
<quoted text>Please show me some lit. that states that. If a Mormon says Jesus died on the cross for me I think they are reffering to the same Jesus. Therefore they will also be saved.
Mormon theology teaches that god is only one of countless gods, that he used to be a man on another planet, that he became a god by following the laws and ordinances of that god on that world, and that he brought one of his wives to this world with whom he produces spirit children who then inhabit human bodies at birth. The first spirit child to be born was Jesus. Second was Satan, and then we all followed. But, the Bible says that there is only one God (Isaiah 43:10; 44:6,8; 45:5), that God has eternally been God (Psalm 90:2)-- which means he was never a man on another planet. Since the Bible denies the existence of other gods (and goddesses), the idea that Jesus is the product of a god and goddess couple is rejected. The Bible tells us that Jesus The Jesus of Mormonism is definitely not the same Jesus of the Bible. Therefore, faith in the Mormon Jesus, is faith misplaced because the Mormon Jesus doesn't exist.
Mormonism teaches that the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross itself (and receiving it by faith) is not sufficient to bring forgiveness of sins. It teaches that the forgiveness of sins is obtained though a cooperative effort with God; that is, we must be good and follow the laws and ordinances of the Mormon church in order to obtain forgiveness. Consider James Talmage, a very important Mormon figure who said, "The sectarian dogma of justification by faith alone has exercised an influence for evil," (Articles, p. 432), and "Hence the justice of the scriptural doctrine that salvation comes to the individual only through obedience," (Articles, p. 81). This contradicts the biblical doctrine of the forgiveness of sins by grace through faith (Rom. 5:1; 6:23; Eph. 2:8-9) and the doctrine that works are not part of our salvation but a result of them (Rom. 4:5, James 2:14-18).
To further confuse the matter, Mormonism further states that salvation is twofold. It maintains that salvation is both forgiveness of sins and universal resurrection. So when a Mormon speaks of salvation by grace, he is usually referring to universal resurrection. But the Bible speaks of salvation as the forgiveness of sins, not simple universal resurrection. Where Mormonism states that forgiveness of sins is not by faith alone, the Bible does teaches it is by faith alone. Which is correct? Obviously, it is the Bible.

“Unions are still scum ”

Atlanta

#40 Jan 14, 2008
kickitoff wrote:
<quoted text>
Mormon theology teaches that god is only one of countless gods, that he used to be a man on another planet, that he became a god by following the laws and ordinances of that god on that world, and that he brought one of his wives to this world with whom he produces spirit children who then inhabit human bodies at birth. The first spirit child to be born was Jesus. Second was Satan, and then we all followed. But, the Bible says that there is only one God (Isaiah 43:10; 44:6,8; 45:5), that God has eternally been God (Psalm 90:2)-- which means he was never a man on another planet. Since the Bible denies the existence of other gods (and goddesses), the idea that Jesus is the product of a god and goddess couple is rejected. The Bible tells us that Jesus The Jesus of Mormonism is definitely not the same Jesus of the Bible. Therefore, faith in the Mormon Jesus, is faith misplaced because the Mormon Jesus doesn't exist.
Mormonism teaches that the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross itself (and receiving it by faith) is not sufficient to bring forgiveness of sins. It teaches that the forgiveness of sins is obtained though a cooperative effort with God; that is, we must be good and follow the laws and ordinances of the Mormon church in order to obtain forgiveness. Consider James Talmage, a very important Mormon figure who said, "The sectarian dogma of justification by faith alone has exercised an influence for evil," (Articles, p. 432), and "Hence the justice of the scriptural doctrine that salvation comes to the individual only through obedience," (Articles, p. 81). This contradicts the biblical doctrine of the forgiveness of sins by grace through faith (Rom. 5:1; 6:23; Eph. 2:8-9) and the doctrine that works are not part of our salvation but a result of them (Rom. 4:5, James 2:14-18).
To further confuse the matter, Mormonism further states that salvation is twofold. It maintains that salvation is both forgiveness of sins and universal resurrection. So when a Mormon speaks of salvation by grace, he is usually referring to universal resurrection. But the Bible speaks of salvation as the forgiveness of sins, not simple universal resurrection. Where Mormonism states that forgiveness of sins is not by faith alone, the Bible does teaches it is by faith alone. Which is correct? Obviously, it is the Bible.
I guess the King James Bible Mormons use also refers to aliens. Bottom line if you believe Christ died for your sins and you ask Christ for forgivness you will be saved. Pretty simple. No matter what Christian sect you belong too.

“Lets Go Racing Boys!”

HMS Rules !!!

#41 Jan 14, 2008
"Is Mormonism Christian?" is a very important question. The answer is equally important and simple. No. Mormonism is not Christian.
The reason Mormonism is not Christian is because it denies one or more of the essential doctrines of Christianity. Of the essential doctrines (that there is only one God, Jesus is God in flesh, forgiveness of sins is by grace alone, and Jesus rose from the dead physically, the gospel being the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus), Mormonism denies three of them: how many gods there are, the person of Jesus, and His work of salvation.
Mormonism teaches that God the Father has a body of flesh and bones (D. & C. 130:22) and that Jesus is a creation. It teaches that he was begotten in heaven as one of God’s spirit children (See the Book, Jesus the Christ, by James Talmage, p. 8). This is in strict contrast to the biblical teaching that he is God in flesh (John 1:1, 14), eternal (John 1:1, 2, 15), uncreated, yet born on earth (Col. 1:15), and the creator all (John 1:3; Col. 1;16-17). Jesus cannot be both created and not created at the same time. Though Mormonism teaches that Jesus is god in flesh, it teaches that he is "a" god in flesh, one of three gods that comprise the office of the Trinity (Articles of Faith, by Talmage, pp. 35-40). These three gods are the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. This is in direct contradiction of the biblical doctrine that there is only one God (Isaiah 44:6,8; 45:5). See Trinity for a correct discussion of what the Trinity is.
Because Mormonism denies the biblical truth of who God is, who Jesus is, how forgiveness of sins is attained, and what the gospel is, the Mormon is not Christian -- in spite of all his claims that he is.

“Unions are still scum ”

Atlanta

#42 Jan 14, 2008
So if I am Mormon and believe Christ died for my sins and I ask Christ to forgive me too bad , I am on the fasttrack to hell. Guess Heaven will not have many there and if that is true seems like this little plan God had with humans turned out to be a miserable failure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Southern Baptist Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 14 min RiccardoFire 19,245
News Leader of Southern Baptists slams Trump-loving ... Apr 20 sbcnetweblink 2
Great Harm to USA!! =What the Democrats are doi... Apr 9 Gismys 1
If a protestant is saved through faith, Are you... (Sep '15) Mar 26 Paul 2
News Prominent Southern Bapist minister survives ous... (Oct '07) Mar '18 karma is one 82
News Just a Reminder that Flags Are at Half-Staff To... Mar '18 The Bible Student 2
Not Judging you. Just wondering what's going on?a Feb '18 Whoshgow 5