Pastor: I'll 'hold my nose,' vote for Mormon

Feb 21, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: USA Today

"I'll hold my nose and vote" for Mitt Romney, says Southern Baptist pastor Robert Jeffress, who made headlines in October for calling the Mormon Church a cult.

Comments
21 - 40 of 61 Comments Last updated Feb 26, 2012

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#25 Feb 22, 2012
fedupwiththemess wrote:
<quoted text>Another white lie. Obama is great for the country...whitey just hates him. Obama 2012!!!
It must be a new record for you,it only took 22 posts on this thread for you play the race card.Typical.
Dances with Wolves

Baltimore, MD

#26 Feb 22, 2012
fedupwiththemess wrote:
<quoted text>Actually its ignorant, white racist hate me. Not regular whites.
Ahhhh. I apologize for my inaccuracy. Let me correct myself.

Obama's new campaign slogan should be:

"ELECT ME! White Racist hate me!"

Is that better?...lol

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#27 Feb 22, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>......AND TO THE MIDDLE CLASS......You will not see your taxes go up, not one dime..........
Obama's tax rate on dividends to soar to 44.8%...
Retirees to get hammered...
Christie To Warren Buffett:'Just Write A Check And Shut Up'...
Percentage of Americans who pay no tax hits 49.5...
Ah, excuse me, when did Obama become Jesus Christ? That was the subject of the post you're replying to. I know you hang on Topix 24/7 and don't get any sleep, that's not my problem. Try to keep up, especially since you all are showing your lunancy and hypocrisy, Christian..

Location hidden

#28 Feb 22, 2012
Dances with Wolves wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that better?...lol
Well, you do, don't you? Whites who aren't racist, voted for him. It's quite that simple. Nothing hard about that.

Since: Sep 08

Placitas, NM

#29 Feb 22, 2012
<quoted text>
Is that better?...lol
Sounds good to me.
Dances with Wolves

Baltimore, MD

#30 Feb 22, 2012
bappie wrote:
<quoted text>Well, you do, don't you? Whites who aren't racist, voted for him. It's quite that simple. Nothing hard about that.
And some whites, who aren't racist, didn't vote for him due to ideology differences, but it seems that some people don't want to recognize that fact because of the skin color thingy.
Cat74

Palatine, IL

#31 Feb 22, 2012
Even with 23 months of continuous job growrh the Obama people still managed to lose 5.5 million jobs. I don't know what they are bragging about. Unemployment is back up to 9%. Gas is nearing $3.75. Most Americans are as miserable as they were when Carter was President. Evidentally an Obama recovery is not the same as a Reagan recovery. There is no morning in America for this guy.

Location hidden

#32 Feb 22, 2012
bappie wrote:
<quoted text>Well, you do, don't you? Whites who aren't racist, voted for him. It's quite that simple. Nothing hard about that.
Hi Bappie,how have you been? O.K. I trust. That being said maybe you can answer a question I have asked many-many times before,seeing that Obama is 1/2 white and 1/2 black just what race are the people that disagree with him are racist against? I never seem to get an answer to that question.Take care and stay safe---PP911
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#33 Feb 22, 2012
Okay, Romney will hold HIS nose and accept your vote, Jeffress.

It's mutual. You both stink to high heaven.

Filthy Republicans.

Location hidden

#34 Feb 22, 2012
<quoted text>
And some whites, who aren't racist, didn't vote for him due to ideology differences, but it seems that some people don't want to recognize that fact because of the skin color thingy.
Few and far in between, of that I am sure. You forget the Southern Democrats. Racist to the core and they'll never change. If they're willing to go against their so-called Christian Faith, that shows you just how dark and deep their hearts are. It doesn't suprise me, their forefathers thought it was ok to enslave people. Mean folk.

Location hidden

#35 Feb 22, 2012
pigpen911 wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Bappie,how have you been? O.K. I trust. That being said maybe you can answer a question I have asked many-many times before,seeing that Obama is 1/2 white and 1/2 black just what race are the people that disagree with him are racist against? I never seem to get an answer to that question.Take care and stay safe---PP911
Quiet as it is kept, there's no such thing as race, actually. We're all the same. Race is a social construct created by whites (minority race world-wide) to elevate themselves. With regards to the US, most Black American Males have at least 25% European DNA and Black American females more. Turning it around, Whites running around this country also have African DNA, the percentages are probably neck and neck with Black Americans. This can be accounted for by Blacks, who were racially mixed but able to pass, heading north and passing for white. So actually, the question regarding Obama is nothing special or new. It's been going on in this country forever, but the term that used to apply to Blacks mixed with white was the Spanish term Mulatoo(sp). meaning "mule" (combination of a horse and donkey) mixed race.

I am sure this is not the answer you seeked but it's the best I can give you, all things considered.

Location hidden

#36 Feb 22, 2012
bappie wrote:
<quoted text>Few and far in between, of that I am sure. You forget the Southern Democrats. Racist to the core and they'll never change. If they're willing to go against their so-called Christian Faith, that shows you just how dark and deep their hearts are. It doesn't suprise me, their forefathers thought it was ok to enslave people. Mean folk.
Bappie there were also many black slave owners,the whites weren't the only ones.The second largest(maybe third)happened to be a black man from the deep south.
TxRngr

El Paso, TX

#37 Feb 22, 2012
bappie wrote:
I am not racist and I did not vote for him.

Location hidden

#38 Feb 22, 2012
bappie wrote:
<quoted text>Quiet as it is kept, there's no such thing as race, actually. We're all the same. Race is a social construct created by whites (minority race world-wide) to elevate themselves. With regards to the US, most Black American Males have at least 25% European DNA and Black American females more. Turning it around, Whites running around this country also have African DNA, the percentages are probably neck and neck with Black Americans. This can be accounted for by Blacks, who were racially mixed but able to pass, heading north and passing for white. So actually, the question regarding Obama is nothing special or new. It's been going on in this country forever, but the term that used to apply to Blacks mixed with white was the Spanish term Mulatoo(sp). meaning "mule" (combination of a horse and donkey) mixed race.
I am sure this is not the answer you seeked but it's the best I can give you, all things considered.
You are telling me what I already knew,but that isn't why I asked the question.You started to hit on it when you talked about the color of someone's skin,but you didn't answer why when anyone is called a racist when they disagree with Obama.I for one am tired of being called a racist because,as you know,I call them as I see them no matter what race someone is.It is one thing to debate and another thing to start with the spin,slurs,lies,personal attacks because someone doesn't like what you say.As much as I hate to say it,but,90% of the time it comes from the far left and the Obama lovers. just saying.BTW,you also didn't answer about how have you been.
ABO

Sparta, NJ

#39 Feb 22, 2012
Anybody but Obama.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#40 Feb 22, 2012
Makes sense wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL There's been 23 months of continuous job growth. Don't you remember we were in a RECESSION, the biggest since the Great Depression????
Sorry, propaganda no longer accepted. We lost 2 million jobs since Obama took office. You can not do that and then claim we've gained for 23 months........loons are a hoot.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#41 Feb 22, 2012
Makes sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Women can't work when they're always pregnant because they can't use birth control.....
Connect the dots.
fine, but where are the quotes proving your comment?
Don Joe

Maple Grove, MN

#43 Feb 22, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
Even with 23 months of continuous job growrh the Obama people still managed to lose 5.5 million jobs. I don't know what they are bragging about. Unemployment is back up to 9%. Gas is nearing $3.75. Most Americans are as miserable as they were when Carter was President. Evidentally an Obama recovery is not the same as a Reagan recovery. There is no morning in America for this guy.
As miserable as when Carter was president? Perhaps, but still better off than when Reagan or bush was president. No one wants rampant criminality in the white house like we had with those two crooks. The devastation will take a generation to recover from.

Location hidden

#44 Feb 22, 2012
pigpen911 wrote:
<quoted text>Bappie there were also many black slave owners,the whites weren't the only ones.The second largest(maybe third)happened to be a black man from the deep south.
Whites were the largest, pigpen. There's no getting past that. However, if it makes you feel better or like you're scoring brownie points or absolving whites. Knock yourself out.

You have such a charming way of getting your points across. Perhaps the other Republicans should learn from you, eh?

Location hidden

#45 Feb 22, 2012
pigpen911 wrote:
<quoted text>You are telling me what I already knew,but that isn't why I asked the question.You started to hit on it when you talked about the color of someone's skin,but you didn't answer why when anyone is called a racist when they disagree with Obama.I for one am tired of being called a racist because,as you know,I call them as I see them no matter what race someone is.It is one thing to debate and another thing to start with the spin,slurs,lies,personal attacks because someone doesn't like what you say.As much as I hate to say it,but,90% of the time it comes from the far left and the Obama lovers. just saying.BTW,you also didn't answer about how have you been.
I understand what you're saying, but my guess is that people are assuming things about whites that don't like Obama (racist) like some Republicans or whites assume blacks are all on welfare, getting foodstamps or have 4 babies daddy's. Feel me? Just keeping it real. Negative assumptions go both ways, doesn't necessarily mean it's true and definitely offensive but that's how some people roll and Republicans are no different, and to my mind, worst, especially with the racial slurs and sterotypes. Probably why you don't have many blacks in the Republican party although some Republicans would beg to differ, lol. They say it's because your party doesn't offer "entitlements" and freebies (see what I mean about sterotypes?)

Anyway, I am doing well as I hope you are.

Nice chatting with you. Got to step out for a minute.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Southern Baptist Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Southern Baptist Leaders Seek Softer Approach T... Aug 23 WasteWater 76
Obama Praises LGBT Activists at Event Attended ... Aug 10 Ted Haggard s Gos... 22
openly gay southern baptist pastors Aug 5 RON THE BAPTIST 5
Supreme Court rules in favor of Hobby Lobby in ... Jul '14 rob 1
Southern Baptists bring message of Christianity... Jul '14 Sigh 1
Southern Baptist summit taking on sex in the mo... (Jan '14) Jun '14 Anarchist 9
Southern Baptists Could Weigh President, Gays Jun '14 Zombie Corpse Rental 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Southern Baptist People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••