Pastor: I'll 'hold my nose,' vote for Mormon

Feb 21, 2012 Full story: USA Today 61

"I'll hold my nose and vote" for Mitt Romney, says Southern Baptist pastor Robert Jeffress, who made headlines in October for calling the Mormon Church a cult.

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Cat74

Carpentersville, IL

#1 Feb 21, 2012
This country is so in need of leadership. The President is so clueless, and he has surrounded himself with people just as inept as he in as far as governing is concerned.
Cat74

Carpentersville, IL

#2 Feb 21, 2012
We will all hold our noses, and vote anyone but Obama for the good of the counry.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#3 Feb 22, 2012
Hahhahaha! Verily I say Peter that you will deny me three times when the cock crows! No, master, I would never deny you!

So much for the Christian faith, eh?
Sheik Yerbouti

Pennington, NJ

#4 Feb 22, 2012
Who cares what some inbred fundietard thinks?
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#6 Feb 22, 2012
To a Southern Baptist, there's no difference between a Mormon and a Catholic, or for that matter, a LIBERAL Massachusetts governor and a Teabagger.

It's all good!

Anything is better than ending war, improving the economy, when you have a brown skinned president who wants to give the poor a chance.

Ironic, isn't it?

Ironic Christianity!

Hey weren't those Southern Baptists the slave owners??

Now it makes sense.
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#7 Feb 22, 2012
Both the Mormons and Catholics have distorted Christianity into clubs and groups with exclusive membership.

Considering all the schemes, artifacts and rituals associated with both beliefs and, the inter-medians necessary for salvation within those religions, why isn't it that both qualify as Cults?

I mean that's what turned off Martin Luther, right?
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#10 Feb 22, 2012
Well, I'll give you this much.

Both Mittens and Santorum are freaks who think women should be chattel...

But face it, Romney has evil eyes. Santorum will charm a lot of the lady voters with is sweet eyes and big toothy smile....

Form over substance.
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#11 Feb 22, 2012
Look at the Topix ads for Romney. When he tries to force a smile to hide his evil eyes, he looks like he's constipated and he's trying to take a crap. He needs to work on that. Newtie overcame his smile issues, but Romney can't do much about the evil eyes, even if he does learn how to smile more naturally. The problem with Romney is that he spent most of his life grinning like a greedy VULTURE CAPITALIST bastard instead of smiling like a normal person. He has to work hard to overcome that scary almost zombie look.
Dances with Wolves

Baltimore, MD

#12 Feb 22, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
We will all hold our noses, and vote anyone but Obama for the good of the counry.
True. Won't be the first time...lol I've been holding my nose and voting Republican ever since Reagan. It keeps boiling down to the "lesser of two evils" even though I don't particularly like the GOP Candidates. The Democrat always seems like the worse choice of the two.

Nomatter who the GOP nominates, he will be better than Obama.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#13 Feb 22, 2012
bappie wrote:
Hahhahaha! Verily I say Peter that you will deny me three times when the cock crows! No, master, I would never deny you!
So much for the Christian faith, eh?
......AND TO THE MIDDLE CLASS......You will not see your taxes go up, not one dime..........

Obama's tax rate on dividends to soar to 44.8%...

Retirees to get hammered...

Christie To Warren Buffett:'Just Write A Check And Shut Up'...

Percentage of Americans who pay no tax hits 49.5...

Paris

#14 Feb 22, 2012
Makes sense wrote:
Well, I'll give you this much.
Both Mittens and Santorum are freaks who think women should be chattel...
But face it, Romney has evil eyes. Santorum will charm a lot of the lady voters with is sweet eyes and big toothy smile....
Form over substance.
Want to give us direct quotes from them that proves your lie..........didn't think so.

Paris

#15 Feb 22, 2012
Makes sense wrote:
Look at the Topix ads for Romney. When he tries to force a smile to hide his evil eyes, he looks like he's constipated and he's trying to take a crap. He needs to work on that. Newtie overcame his smile issues, but Romney can't do much about the evil eyes, even if he does learn how to smile more naturally. The problem with Romney is that he spent most of his life grinning like a greedy VULTURE CAPITALIST bastard instead of smiling like a normal person. He has to work hard to overcome that scary almost zombie look.
Funny, you and Obama don't want to talk about real issues........like jobs, economy, Obama's failure......you know real issues affecting americans.
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#16 Feb 22, 2012
Makes sense wrote:
Funny, right after my post, the Romney ad on Topix changed. Now Mittens has a less severe closed mouth smile. Who knew I'd be an informal Romney campaign adviser??? LOL

Oops. Mittens, you're on your own!
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#17 Feb 22, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Funny, you and Obama don't want to talk about real issues........like jobs, economy, Obama's failure......you know real issues affecting americans.
LOL There's been 23 months of continuous job growth. Don't you remember we were in a RECESSION, the biggest since the Great Depression????
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#18 Feb 22, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Want to give us direct quotes from them that proves your lie..........didn't think so.
Women can't work when they're always pregnant because they can't use birth control.....

Connect the dots.
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#19 Feb 22, 2012
.... The creepy Romney smile ad is back....

LOL
El Chingon

New York, NY

#21 Feb 22, 2012
Santorum and a rat walk into a bar. Bartender says, "What'll it be, ratface?". Rat says, give me a bud light. Bartender says, "I wasn't talking to you".
fedupwiththemess

Ashburn, VA

#22 Feb 22, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
Another white lie. Obama is great for the country...whitey just hates him. Obama 2012!!!
Dances with Wolves

Baltimore, MD

#23 Feb 22, 2012
fedupwiththemess wrote:
<quoted text>Another white lie. Obama is great for the country...whitey just hates him. Obama 2012!!!
That could be his new campaign slogan.

"Whitey just hates me!"

What do you think? Catchy?
fedupwiththemess

Ashburn, VA

#24 Feb 22, 2012
Dances with Wolves wrote:
<quoted text>
That could be his new campaign slogan.
"Whitey just hates me!"
What do you think? Catchy?
Actually its ignorant, white racist hate me. Not regular whites.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Southern Baptist Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do Southern Baptists dislike Catholics? (Feb '10) Tue Wow 114
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Tue USA Born 83,901
water baptism (Aug '13) Tue HEATH - 72 175
Southern Baptist Convention Compromises Improvi... Nov '14 REVAVERY 2
Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold line on gays Oct '14 Fundiementally ill 3
Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold line on gays Oct '14 RalphB 21
Southern Baptists change their tone but not the... Oct '14 SDO 1
More from around the web