Southern Baptists seeking diversity | The Columbus Dispatch

With the election of a black pastor to a senior position this week and a new action plan to increase ethnic diversity in its leadership, the Southern Baptist Convention has taken its most concrete steps yet to overcome a history of racial exclusion and to broaden its appeal in a changing U.S. population. Full Story
askduane

Columbus, OH

#1 Jun 20, 2011
Other than the truth being taught the other reason I like Jehovah's Witnesses, they follow the bible and not traditions of men.
Crazy Baptist

Winnsboro, SC

#2 Sep 12, 2011
askduane wrote:
Other than the truth being taught the other reason I like Jehovah's Witnesses, they follow the bible and not traditions of men.
Now are we talking about the one they made up or THE HOLY BIBLE?

There is a difference you know.

Just curious - what "traditions of men" are you refering to?

CB
Antagonist

Newark, OH

#3 Sep 13, 2011
askduane wrote:
The truth like how they have to keep upping the number of those who will be saved?
Spooktackular

Norwalk, OH

#4 Sep 13, 2011
Antagonist wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth like how they have to keep upping the number of those who will be saved?
Last one that pestered me said there will only be 144,000 in heaven. I said if that is the case there can't be too many slots left so why bother me ? The logic had him perplexed
Antagonist

Newark, OH

#5 Sep 13, 2011
Spooktackular wrote:
<quoted text>
Last one that pestered me said there will only be 144,000 in heaven. I said if that is the case there can't be too many slots left so why bother me ? The logic had him perplexed
Some of them started modifying that number as soon as their membership got close to 144K world wide.

So much for teaching truth.

Crazy Baptist

Winnsboro, SC

#6 Sep 13, 2011
You guys are missing the bigger picture as to why the JW doctrine of only the 144k will be in heaven. It is an utter failure because they refuse to read the rest of what God had to say on the matter.

Here's the truth:

Revelation 7:4 Then I heard the number of those who were sealed: 144,000 from all the tribes of Israel.

BUT THEN......

Revelation 7:9 After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands.

Question: What part of "a great multitude that no one could count..." are they having a hard time understanding? This is clearly not the 144 as God said they were of the tribes of Israel. The words "standing before the throne and before the Lamb" indicates that the place being talked about is infact heaven.

Conclusion: JW's along with all other cults have no idea how to interpret the Holy Writen Word of God Almighty. He has made made His words indiscernable to them because the flesh cannot comprehend the things of the Spirit.

1 Corinthians 2:14 The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Jude 1:19 These are the men who divide you, who follow mere natural instincts and do not have the Spirit.

They will:

1) Produce a prophet contrary to what Heb 1:1-3 state.

2) Rewrite some version of a bible that agrees with what that prophet taught contrary to the clear warnings against that in Revelations.

CB says "follow in the footsteps of Joseph and RUN!"

Blessings, CB
Spooktackular

Norwalk, OH

#7 Sep 13, 2011
Crazy Baptist wrote:
You guys are missing the bigger picture as to why the JW doctrine of only the 144k will be in heaven. It is an utter failure because they refuse to read the rest of what God had to say on the matter.
Here's the truth:
Revelation 7:4 Then I heard the number of those who were sealed: 144,000 from all the tribes of Israel.
BUT THEN......
Revelation 7:9 After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands.
Question: What part of "a great multitude that no one could count..." are they having a hard time understanding? This is clearly not the 144 as God said they were of the tribes of Israel. The words "standing before the throne and before the Lamb" indicates that the place being talked about is infact heaven.
Conclusion: JW's along with all other cults have no idea how to interpret the Holy Writen Word of God Almighty. He has made made His words indiscernable to them because the flesh cannot comprehend the things of the Spirit.
1 Corinthians 2:14 The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.
Jude 1:19 These are the men who divide you, who follow mere natural instincts and do not have the Spirit.
They will:
1) Produce a prophet contrary to what Heb 1:1-3 state.
2) Rewrite some version of a bible that agrees with what that prophet taught contrary to the clear warnings against that in Revelations.
CB says "follow in the footsteps of Joseph and RUN!"
Blessings, CB
I didn't say I agreed with the JW. I just used his assertion to question why he was wasting time on me.
Crazy Baptist

Winnsboro, SC

#8 Sep 13, 2011
Spooktackular wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say I agreed with the JW. I just used his assertion to question why he was wasting time on me.
No condemnation from me brother.

Just trying to point out their flawed rendering of the Word of God.

Blessings, CB

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Southern Baptist Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do Southern Baptists dislike Catholics? (Feb '10) Sep 15 Dataw 109
Obama Praises LGBT Activists at Event Attended ... Sep 13 serfs up 29
why are southern baptists sooooo self-righteous? (Feb '11) Sep 7 2all 105
openly gay southern baptist pastors Sep 3 brother john 6
Southern Baptist Leaders Seek Softer Approach T... Aug 23 WasteWater 74
Supreme Court rules in favor of Hobby Lobby in ... Jul '14 rob 1
Southern Baptists bring message of Christianity... Jul '14 Sigh 1
•••

Southern Baptist People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE