Your morning jolt: Mormonism is more ...

Your morning jolt: Mormonism is more like Islam, says Southern Baptist president

There are 118 comments on the The Atlanta Journal-Constitution story from Oct 14, 2011, titled Your morning jolt: Mormonism is more like Islam, says Southern Baptist president. In it, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that:

Texas Gov. Rick Perry this morning called the controversy over GOP presidential rival Mitt Romney's faith a campaign distraction, ]saying out of work Americans aren't interested in "side issues and sideshows." Appearing on ABC's "Good Morning America," Perry again said he didn't agree with a statement from one of his key Texas supporters, a ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
fedupwiththemess

Ashburn, VA

#1 Oct 14, 2011
This is true, but mormons are not violent, they just like having more than one woman which is nasty.

“The Defiant Dhimmi”

Since: Apr 08

Scholar of the Obvious

#2 Oct 14, 2011
fedupwiththemess wrote:
This is true, but mormons are not violent, they just like having more than one woman which is nasty.
Did you ever hear of the Mountain Meadows Massacre?
http://mountainmeadowsmassacre.com/

All religions have commuted atrocities at one time or another.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#3 Oct 14, 2011
Funny thing is they all believe in, and worship the same god.

I'd bet god is like a cock fight runner. He sets up these different religions, promises a couple of them the same land, then turns them loose to battle it out.

The ten commandments show that god believes there are other gods, so maybe he's betting with them on which religio-whacko sect wins.

You fundies are just gwme to be killed in the arena or slaughtered when your not useful anymore.
observer

Sunset, LA

#4 Oct 14, 2011
fedupwiththemess wrote:
Do you ever do any research on the comments you make? Or do you just like to see your words on a screen. Very suprised a racist comment did not show in your comment above. Must be a first!!
Getflushed

San Jose, CA

#5 Oct 14, 2011
Mormons do not believe in the God of Judeo/Christian Scripture. Even Smith's wife turned away from the twisted, unGodly teachings of the Mormon church and the lies they used to satisfy their animal lusts.

The various offshoot religions are distortions of the original truth; they weren't "set up" by God, but are distortions of God's truth. One can see this in the changing nature of any religion, as they adapt to various human ways, or simply the megalomaniac leaders starting new religions, or breaking away in various forms from the actual Word of God.

The Judgment of God is future to us all and especially Communist scum had better repent.
LBer

Ontario, CA

#6 Oct 14, 2011
Worked with Mormons, have to say were all hard working, pleasant people. They never brought up religion by the way, it's just that those around them thought it was interesting.

They have a reputation in America as very moral, yet not arrogant or condescending.

Another Christian, Hindu, Buddhist, etc., could live in the middle of a Mormon neighborhood and always receive a pleasant hello, and never have to worry about being mistreated in anyway.

They are so nice, sometimes it is sickening, lol!

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#7 Oct 14, 2011
fedupwiththemess wrote:
This is true, but mormons are not violent ...
Tell that to the Fancher party.

“The Defiant Dhimmi”

Scholar of the Obvious

#8 Oct 14, 2011
observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you ever do any research on the comments you make? Or do you just like to see your words on a screen. Very suprised a racist comment did not show in your comment above. Must be a first!!
Obviously you don't 'do any research on the comments you make'. Mormonism is not a race.

“The Defiant Dhimmi”

Scholar of the Obvious

#9 Oct 14, 2011
Getflushed wrote:
Mormons do not believe in the God of Judeo/Christian Scripture. Even Smith's wife turned away from the twisted, unGodly teachings of the Mormon church and the lies they used to satisfy their animal lusts.
The various offshoot religions are distortions of the original truth; they weren't "set up" by God, but are distortions of God's truth. One can see this in the changing nature of any religion, as they adapt to various human ways, or simply the megalomaniac leaders starting new religions, or breaking away in various forms from the actual Word of God.
The Judgment of God is future to us all and especially Communist scum had better repent.
Obviously you know exactly what 'The Truth' is.
You must have a direct funnel from god into you brilliant mind.

Your brilliance must keep all your associates in total amazement.
Tinkerbell

Gallatin, TN

#10 Oct 14, 2011
I agree both are cults. Mormons core being sexual deviance. Unlike islam,world dominance isnt on their agenda.

Islam is an example of "everything that is wrong in the world today"...while mormons just want to have sex with children.

Mormons dress their women in matronly frocks and claim purity ,innocence and Gods order nonsense. While they rape the children by conditioning them much in the same manner as your generic pedofile. They use God.

Muchlike,Islam claims its a "peaceful submissive religion" while it famously murders its own for disobediance.
LBer

Ontario, CA

#11 Oct 14, 2011
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell that to the Fancher party.
Yeah, 1857, Utah waring with the U.S., limited supplies, range war issues, etc.; war can be a bad time , no doubt.

I noted that even the Mormon's, in their internal history, were not proud of this...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#12 Oct 14, 2011
Tinkerbell wrote:
I agree both are cults. Mormons core being sexual deviance. Unlike islam,world dominance isnt on their agenda.
Islam is an example of "everything that is wrong in the world today"...while mormons just want to have sex with children.
Mormons dress their women in matronly frocks and claim purity ,innocence and Gods order nonsense. While they rape the children by conditioning them much in the same manner as your generic pedofile. They use God.
Muchlike,Islam claims its a "peaceful submissive religion" while it famously murders its own for disobediance.
your description of Islam sounds just like Christianity 500 years ago. Say...How much younger is Islam than Christianity?
LBer

Ontario, CA

#13 Oct 14, 2011
Actually, Mormons have one wife, marry around the college years, and are known for family values.

Those you see on the news as crazies, the Mormons see in their news as crazies as well. Those are a cult sect of Mormonism, no doubt.

Protestants have their crazies, Catholics as well, as for Islam the question is reversed: what small subgroups do they have that aren't crazy?

Why don't you hear about the average Mormons I'm talking about? They are not news worthy, they are boring.
Tinkerbell

Gallatin, TN

#14 Oct 14, 2011
LBer wrote:
Actually, Mormons have one wife, marry around the college years, and are known for family values.
Those you see on the news as crazies, the Mormons see in their news as crazies as well. Those are a cult sect of Mormonism, no doubt.
Protestants have their crazies, Catholics as well, as for Islam the question is reversed: what small subgroups do they have that aren't crazy?
Why don't you hear about the average Mormons I'm talking about? They are not news worthy, they are boring.
I agree. My post was directed at the mormon fundamentalist sect.
Tinkerbell

Gallatin, TN

#15 Oct 14, 2011
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>your description of Islam sounds just like Christianity 500 years ago. Say...How much younger is Islam than Christianity?
The age is not relevant. What is relevent is how they function TODAY.
superwilly

Butler, PA

#16 Oct 14, 2011
fedupwiththemess wrote:
and wearing "special" uderwear at the temple.
MARK

Broken Arrow, OK

#17 Oct 14, 2011
Separation of Church and State.
travel marriage

Jakarta, Indonesia

#18 Oct 14, 2011
Getflushed wrote:
... megalomaniac leaders starting new religions, or breaking away in various forms from the actual Word of God.
Martin Luther King? Pope? John Calvin? Aragon of Spain? which is one is the god right hand? Maybe i am god left or feet, maybe god ear wax
Getflushed wrote:
Smite me! Mighty god! I am an infidel that's just when home from night club!
travel marriage

Jakarta, Indonesia

#19 Oct 14, 2011
LBer wrote:
Another Christian, Hindu, Buddhist, etc., could live in the middle of a Mormon neighborhood and always receive a pleasant hello, and never have to worry about being mistreated in anyway.
They are so nice, sometimes it is sickening, lol!
KKK, redneck, West Boro church would not give the pleasant hello to Budhist, Hindu, etc
travel marriage

Jakarta, Indonesia

#20 Oct 14, 2011
MARK wrote:
Separation of Church and State.

100.000% agree!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Southern Baptist Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 4 hr RiccardoFire 8,391
Faith==Believe Beyond What You See. Aug 14 Gismys 1
Purchased sermons Aug 14 facts 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug 8 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,840
How to be saved (born again) and join the famil... (Dec '16) Aug 4 Gismys 6
Do you know where you will spend eternity? Jul '17 JacquelineDeane55 1
God Removes His People before His Judgement fal... Jul '17 Gismys 1
More from around the web