Baptist Leader Criticizes Martin Support

Apr 14, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: MyFoxPhilly

The head of the Southern Baptist Convention's public policy arm condemns the response of many black leaders to the Trayvon Martin case as "shameful." Some black pastors within the nation's largest Protestant denomination say Richard Land's comments are setting back an effort to broaden the faith's appeal beyond its traditional white, Southern base.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2012

Judged:

Trayvon Martin the real pictures show he wasnt a child as the liberal media would allow you to be indoctrinated with.

Trayvon Martin was indeed just another thug out looking for trouble
atari2600

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2012

"Trayvon Martin was indeed just another thug out looking for trouble"

One was stalking the other and approached that person. How is that "looking for trouble"? And since when is Skittles a weapon? As fat as Zimmerman is, I would have thrown the candy, said "get it, piggie!" and ran the other way (if I didn't have my taser with me).

Typical Hodgenville attitude: "I didn't molest that 2 year old, the 2 year old molested MY filthy vile hillbilly adult ass!"

And don't say hoodies are a symbol of a thug because Hodgenville is full of wiggers and they wear hoodies too. And blare gangsta rap. And think they're big-time pot dealers.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2012

From the article:

"Land, who is white, said in an interview he has no regrets about his remarks. He said he understands why the case has touched a nerve among black leaders, but he also defended the idea that people are justified in seeing young black men as threatening: A black man is "statistically more likely to do you harm than a white man.""

And I suppose that a man is statistically more likely to do one harm than a woman. And a Southern Baptist is statistically more likely to be a racist than a United Methodist. How far is he willing to go with this thinking?

When young black men grow up in a society that views them as threatening, guess what? Some of them grow up believing it. Some of them put that belief to use.

It is time that we stop the madness.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••