Religious School to Employees: Swear ...

Religious School to Employees: Swear You're Not Gay, Or Else

There are 70 comments on the EDGE story from Nov 4, 2011, titled Religious School to Employees: Swear You're Not Gay, Or Else. In it, EDGE reports that:

A religious university in Georgia has told its staff that anyone who refuses to sign documents attesting to their heterosexuality will face termination, Canadian newspaper the Toronto Star reported on Nov.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Count Herfitter

Seattle, WA

#1 Nov 4, 2011
All Shorter is going to do is put some folks in a position to lie about their preference. Just like they do know about whether they drink or not. I see this as Baptist hypocrisy. Another example of this hypocrisy just occured in Taylorsville when a deacon of the Baptist church there got caught in a child molestation sting.

You Baptists don't have a lock on the heathens,but you sure do have your share. Lighten up
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#2 Nov 4, 2011
The Baptists re-write and print their own fake version of the bible; complete with 'homosexual'(added in 1952) where no such word exists in the real Bible
http://www.wnd.com/...
Homosexual was coined in 1912; just 99 years ago; impossible to appear in a 2000 year-old book
http://www.etymonline.com/index.php...
This means the President of Shorter is a moron and the 'education' offered by the college is as worthless as the ink-jet paper the diploma is printed on

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#3 Nov 4, 2011
It's a religious school in Georgia, is anyone really suprised?

“WOOF !”

Since: Jul 11

Libertarian

#4 Nov 4, 2011
When I went to Grace Lutheran, I suggested that they make a requirment that everyone, students and staff, SWEAR they're not Democrats, and they made it a requirment !

:)

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#5 Nov 4, 2011
It would not seem to exclude heterosexual males who have sex with female sheep and goats so perhaps some of the cracker trolls on this site should try to find a job there.
Happy Feet

Rome, GA

#6 Nov 4, 2011
I live in Rome Georgia. These people are OUT THERE! Sad thing is, the students, for the most part, are normal folk. It's just the new administration that has hopes of being the new Taliban.

Lilith_SatansWho re

Location hidden

#8 Nov 4, 2011
I actually agree with the school... they are a private hate filled christardo school and should be allowed to indoctrinate their b#stard children into whatever warped flucked up world they want... just don't ask for any public funds.. Thanks

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#9 Nov 5, 2011
Lilith_SatansWhore wrote:
I actually agree with the school... they are a private hate filled christardo school and should be allowed to indoctrinate their b#stard children into whatever warped flucked up world they want... just don't ask for any public funds.. Thanks
While I disagree with what they are doing, I also support their right to do it. As you said they are a private, religious organization.

Proof that not all gays and lesbians, as well as those who support us are NOT trying to trample on other people's religious freedoms.

Lilith_SatansWho re

Location hidden

#10 Nov 5, 2011
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>While I disagree with what they are doing, I also support their right to do it. As you said they are a private, religious organization.
Proof that not all gays and lesbians, as well as those who support us are NOT trying to trample on other people's religious freedoms.
I mean after all private religious schools run by moronic ignorant bigot christians should have the right to raise into society future generations of ignorant moronic stupid christardo graduates so the rest of the enlightened people can have an ever present reminder as to just how ignorant christians are..... LOL

Tawas City, Michigan

#11 Nov 5, 2011
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>While I disagree with what they are doing, I also support their right to do it. As you said they are a private, religious organization.
I disagree, since my tax dollars end up supporting their organization. They get tax exemptions, fire & police protection, all at taxpayer expense.

Lilith_SatansWho re

Location hidden

#12 Nov 5, 2011
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree, since my tax dollars end up supporting their organization. They get tax exemptions, fire & police protection, all at taxpayer expense.
This is why the LGBT community should support the school voucher program... we could start liberal open High schools on their dime...LOL

“WOOF !”

Libertarian

#13 Nov 5, 2011
<quoted text>
This is why the LGBT community should support the school voucher program... we could start liberal open High schools on their dime...LOL
GOOD idea !

Lilith_SatansWho re

Location hidden

#14 Nov 5, 2011
Fred ABQ wrote:
<quoted text>
GOOD idea !
It actually is a good idea... i'm one of the few liberals all in favor of school vouchers.... I would like to see schools have the freedom to open up free from athletics (Meaning no sports in the school at all) where emphasis is put on Math, Science, Technical writing, computer programming, reading, and history and that's all.... My school would pump out 10x more future doctors, engineers, scientists, and computer programmers than all the christardo schools combined....

Oh and we would be open and accepting of all kids!!!!

Tawas City, Michigan

#15 Nov 5, 2011
<quoted text>
It actually is a good idea... i'm one of the few liberals all in favor of school vouchers.... I would like to see schools have the freedom to open up free from athletics (Meaning no sports in the school at all) where emphasis is put on Math, Science, Technical writing, computer programming, reading, and history and that's all.... My school would pump out 10x more future doctors, engineers, scientists, and computer programmers than all the christardo schools combined....
Oh and we would be open and accepting of all kids!!!!
So then we dump public schools completely?

Lilith_SatansWho re

Location hidden

#16 Nov 5, 2011
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
So then we dump public schools completely?
Truthfully... yes and change the laws
thor

Lima, Peru

#17 Nov 5, 2011
ex dtudents of Shorter U, will turn into agnostics or atheists. Is what is happening here in Peru with extreme right Catholic OPUS DEI which is so rigid and puritan but have unstoppable lust for money.So there is silent schism within teCatholic Church,
ReadMnWeep

United States

#18 Nov 5, 2011
Rainbow Kid wrote:
The Baptists re-write and print their own fake version of the bible; complete with 'homosexual'(added in 1952) where no such word exists in the real Bible
http://www.wnd.com/...
Homosexual was coined in 1912; just 99 years ago; impossible to appear in a 2000 year-old book
http://www.etymonline.com/index.php...
This means the President of Shorter is a moron and the 'education' offered by the college is as worthless as the ink-jet paper the diploma is printed on
You know, you are right about the word homo, homo, in my 1947 KJB, it says : "a man shall not lie down with a man as if a woman, it is an abomination, and God will smite him for it."
It goes on to say, " a woman shall not uncloth herself before the beasts and take them unto her, it is an abominatin, and God shall smite her for it." God's smite was death in ALL instances in the original KJB, such as the printing I possess.
ReadMnWeep

United States

#19 Nov 5, 2011
And beings those are PRIVATE schools, they most definately can ask, and impose sanctions upon employees not allowed in the public sector.

Lilith_SatansWho re

Location hidden

#20 Nov 5, 2011
ReadMnWeep wrote:
And beings those are PRIVATE schools, they most definately can ask, and impose sanctions upon employees not allowed in the public sector.
then stop taking tax money
SeemzUforgot

United States

#21 Nov 5, 2011
Dubya signed legislation that allowed them to pilfer FEDERAL money only, but exempted them from binding laws associated with no braindeads left behind. If you check public school REAL scores, against the public cess pools generally called public uhh schools, and I use that term begrudgingly, not the "bell curve" manifested for so long and very well known, then compare the cost per student per day, and when public schools can operate at the same cost, or lower, than their private counterparts, then you all have a valid grievence. I recall a new school recently built in California at some mind f()ck price, that computed out to somewhere in the area of $1 million per seat capacity, no wonder people are enraged over government waste in spending, and for what? Morons that can not read a newspaper or tell me who is buried in Grant's tomb. I am not interested in any fag shit being taught in any school, and certainly not one funded by one penny of taxpayer money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Southern Baptist Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can't Get Copy of our Church's By-Laws/Constitu... (Jun '08) 11 hr JACKIEHGO 45
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 16 hr Wondering 5,416
News Who is Jerry Falwell Jr. and why is he reformin... Mar 16 South Knox Hombre 3
News Russell Moore Still Has a Job, Though 100 Churc... Mar 13 South Knox Hombre 1
Baylor promotes rape culture for drafting chois... Feb '17 Guest 1
News Donald Trump and His Angry Voters are Furtherin... (May '16) Feb '17 South Knox Hombre 7
News Your morning jolt: Mormonism is more like Islam... (Oct '11) Feb '17 Moses Kestenbaum ODA 118
More from around the web