Calif. Schools 'Indoctrinate' Childre...

Calif. Schools 'Indoctrinate' Children with Pro-Gay Messages, Claims Resolution

There are 5296 comments on the www.christianpost.com story from May 25, 2008, titled Calif. Schools 'Indoctrinate' Children with Pro-Gay Messages, Claims Resolution. In it, www.christianpost.com reports that:

A group of Southern Baptists are lining up behind a resolution condemning the California school system for what they claim is a recent "tolerance" campaign that blatantly endorses homosexuality.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.christianpost.com.

First Prev
of 265
Next Last

“Married as I can be!”

Since: Jun 07

Las Vegas

#5953 Jan 20, 2009
Purity wrote:
Leave the teachings of sexual perversion out of the classroom. Thank you.
I'm almost fifty years old, and I've seen what's been taught in classrooms for almost as long. I've never seen "how tos" discussed in sex education, except for maybe "how to" properly use a condom or other birth control device.

You have a vivid and perverse imagination if you think that children are being taught how to have sex. I hope that it's not wishful thinking; if it is, you should seek out professional help immediately, before someone gets hurt and you end up, at the very least, with an attractive anklet that you can't remove.

“You're off!”

Since: Jan 08

Quito, Ecuador

#5954 Jan 20, 2009
flyboy wrote:
<quoted text>PC? I not PC. Homophobia is idiotic, and the people who dont condemn it are as bad as the homophobes themselves.
How so? I'm straight and married, but I'm in favor of gay marriage. However, I also think that people in this country should be able to think whatever they want. If they want to be anti-gay, so be it. As long as they don't act on that belief to limit your rights, where is the harm? I'll happily condemn their actions, but I see no call to condemn their thoughts.

“Married as I can be!”

Since: Jun 07

Las Vegas

#5955 Jan 20, 2009
Hi there wrote:
I completely agree.
Flyboy, you spent too much time on these blogs. Your mind is corrupted. By the way, I disagree with your statement that homosexuals are born that way. It has not been scientifically proven.
<quoted text>
Neither has gravity, but the preponderance of scientific studies say that, while the cause of homosexuality is still unknown to a large degree (just as the cause of left-handedness remains unknown), homosexuality is innate and immutable. Every scientific body in the free world says this, and I sincerely doubt that you have either the education or the authority to refute their findings.
flyboy

Richmond, VA

#5956 Jan 20, 2009
ByronMoreno wrote:
<quoted text>
How so? I'm straight and married, but I'm in favor of gay marriage. However, I also think that people in this country should be able to think whatever they want. If they want to be anti-gay, so be it. As long as they don't act on that belief to limit your rights, where is the harm? I'll happily condemn their actions, but I see no call to condemn their thoughts.
Homophobia KILLS. Thats why. We should help people be the best they can be. People should want to be the best person they can be. Being a homophobe dosent allow that.

“Married as I can be!”

Since: Jun 07

Las Vegas

#5957 Jan 20, 2009
flyboy wrote:
<quoted text>Very true. The question is, why do people like him judge us by the sex we have? How trivial of a thing is that. It isnt their buisness. Sex dosent define a human being.
It's very simple Flyboy. He's got sex on the brain, and it DOES define his life. So very sad, ne?
PS
Why "Flyboy?" Do you work for the airlines?

“You're off!”

Since: Jan 08

Quito, Ecuador

#5958 Jan 20, 2009
flyboy wrote:
<quoted text>Homophobia KILLS. Thats why. We should help people be the best they can be. People should want to be the best person they can be. Being a homophobe dosent allow that.
I'm not trying to pick a fight, as I'm probably on your side 98% of the time. I'm just trying to understand your thinking here.

How does homophobia kill? I'm making the assumption that we're talking about homophobic thought rather than action, since I said that action should be condemned.
flyboy

Richmond, VA

#5959 Jan 20, 2009
ltndncr59 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's very simple Flyboy. He's got sex on the brain, and it DOES define his life. So very sad, ne?
PS
Why "Flyboy?" Do you work for the airlines?
Very very sad how dull his life must truly be.

Flyboy means flying high and above the haters and looking "fly" while doing it. And Im a boy, so thats the combo.
flyboy

Richmond, VA

#5960 Jan 20, 2009
ByronMoreno wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not trying to pick a fight, as I'm probably on your side 98% of the time. I'm just trying to understand your thinking here.
How does homophobia kill? I'm making the assumption that we're talking about homophobic thought rather than action, since I said that action should be condemned.
Its like this. Homophobia is classified as a mental, social and personality disorder. So essentially, its a 100% negative to an individual. To seperate the thought from the action is not the best way to go. The people do the homophobic actions b/c of their homophobic thoughts. You can slap a homophobe on the wrist, but w/o education and help, he will still be a homophobe and still be at risk to cause harm to GLBTQ people. You have to nip it in the bud and erase it before it manifests itself and gets stronger and can cause damage.

“Queer love is here to stay.”

Since: May 07

Los Angeles

#5962 Jan 20, 2009
ByronMoreno wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not trying to pick a fight, as I'm probably on your side 98% of the time. I'm just trying to understand your thinking here.
How does homophobia kill? I'm making the assumption that we're talking about homophobic thought rather than action, since I said that action should be condemned.
Homophobia might well kill if homophobic parents so instill self loathing in their gay offspring that they kill themselves or resort to violence against others.
flyboy

Richmond, VA

#5963 Jan 20, 2009
Plato wrote:
If your gay and black, you can change and get on the right track.If your gay and brown,don't put straight people down.If your gay and yellow,don't kiss your same sex fellow.If your gay and white,don't go home with the same sex tonight!It is immoral,daft,and disgusting!
Is being gay an Obama-nation or an abomination?
Go f**k your male prostitute.

“You're off!”

Since: Jan 08

Quito, Ecuador

#5964 Jan 21, 2009
The Golem wrote:
<quoted text>
Homophobia might well kill if homophobic parents so instill self loathing in their gay offspring that they kill themselves or resort to violence against others.
Fair enough. But in a free society, how can we censor this without running afoul of the 1st Amendment? I could use the same logic to say that exercise nuts could instill self-loathing in their chunky child.

“Queer love is here to stay.”

Since: May 07

Los Angeles

#5965 Jan 21, 2009
ByronMoreno wrote:
<quoted text>
Fair enough. But in a free society, how can we censor this without running afoul of the 1st Amendment? I could use the same logic to say that exercise nuts could instill self-loathing in their chunky child.
Yet Departments of Family and Children's Services are empowered to remove a child from the home if its biological parents if they are found to be abusive , incompetant or life endangering.

“You're off!”

Since: Jan 08

Quito, Ecuador

#5966 Jan 22, 2009
The Golem wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet Departments of Family and Children's Services are empowered to remove a child from the home if its biological parents if they are found to be abusive , incompetant or life endangering.
But those are actions, not thoughts/beliefs. I did say that actions could be legitimately banned.
Offended

Edmonton, Canada

#5967 Nov 25, 2011
I am utterly offended. I am a non gay non Christian mom of two kids in the public school system. I'm ashamed of all of you and they way you behave. Public schools are there to teach children to be confident, open, honest, and non judgmental of all cultures, races, and ethnic backgrounds. It is there to nourish and feed the children of the future with politically correctness and that does include sex and religion. Shame on you for being so closed minded and rude towards others and their beliefs. Shame on you all

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#5968 Nov 29, 2011
ltndncr59 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Queen Victoria managed it. Oh wait, she didn't have sex at ALL, did she?
Hmm, seems that she LIKED sex, just not in public. And she didn't particularly like having kids, either...
[Queen Victoria, referring to her wedding night] wrote ecstatically in her diary:

I NEVER, NEVER spent such an evening !!! MY DEAREST DEAREST DEAR Albert ... his excessive love & affection gave me feelings of heavenly love & happiness I never could have hoped to have felt before! He clasped me in his arms, & we kissed each other again & again! His beauty, his sweetness & gentleness – really how can I ever be thankful enough to have such a Husband!... to be called by names of tenderness, I have never yet heard used to me before – was bliss beyond belief! Oh! This was the happiest day of my life![56]
...

Her daughter, also named Victoria, was born on 21 November 1840. The Queen hated being pregnant,[62] viewed breast-feeding with disgust,[63] and thought newborn babies were ugly.[64] Nevertheless, she and Albert had a further eight children.
from here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_Victoria
Job

Santa Clara, CA

#5969 Nov 30, 2011
Offended wrote:
I am utterly offended. I am a non gay non Christian mom of two kids in the public school system. I'm ashamed of all of you and they way you behave. Public schools are there to teach children to be confident, open, honest, and non judgmental of all cultures, races, and ethnic backgrounds. It is there to nourish and feed the children of the future with politically correctness and that does include sex and religion. Shame on you for being so closed minded and rude towards others and their beliefs. Shame on you all
Homosexuality is not a culture, race, ethnic background, or gender (sex).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 265
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Southern Baptist Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 1 hr McGee 5,282
Baylor promotes rape culture for drafting chois... Feb 19 Guest 1
News Donald Trump and His Angry Voters are Furtherin... (May '16) Feb 15 South Knox Hombre 7
News Your morning jolt: Mormonism is more like Islam... (Oct '11) Feb 11 Moses Kestenbaum ODA 118
Good Works will not Save you! but if you are Sa... Feb 10 Gismys 1
Bible prophecy written thousands of years ago i... Feb 7 Gismys 1
The "Benefits" of living your life as a son of ... Feb 5 Gismys 1
More from around the web