Hmmmm, Interesting JW topic

Jan 15, 2009 Full story: forums.ocala.com 256

Link "Two Southern Baptist congregations are preparing a crusade to teach their members how to convert "cult" members, including Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses.

Full Story
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

“Aurea mediocritas ”

Since: Feb 08

Grand Rapids, MI

#244 Feb 14, 2009
Happy Feet wrote:
LOL
Hey Happy Feet, you been sliding this winter?
123CandS

Kailua Kona, HI

#245 Feb 17, 2009
Nevada Rose wrote:
<quoted text>
You said..."Your received message is dependent upon your interpretation."
I said...."Along with 7 million others."
Along with myself, they also believe this....,it did not come about as a single interpretation on my part.
In other words....,we believe the same thing.
~~~ years ago there used to be a saying ~ "millions of 'CAMEL brand' cigarette smokers couldn't be wrong"!!
~~~ and some of us think it doesn't matter whether there is one G_d {or not ~ but I prefer to think there is one} as long as we feel we understand the true intent of the Bible ~~~
----------

http://scriptures.lds.org/dc/65/2,6

THE DOCTRINE AND COVENANTS
OF THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS
SECTION 65
Revelation given through Joseph Smith the Prophet, at Hiram, Ohio, October 1831. HC 1: 218. The Prophet designates this revelation as a prayer.
1–2, Keys of the kingdom of God are committed to man on earth, and the gospel cause shall triumph; 3–6, The millennial kingdom of heaven shall come and join the kingdom of God on earth.

1 Hearken, and lo, a voice as of one sent down from on high, who is mighty and powerful, whose going forth is unto the ends of the earth, yea, whose voice is unto men—aPrepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

2 The keys of the kingdom of God are committed unto man on the earth, and from thence shall the gospel roll forth unto the ends of the earth, as the stone which is cut out of the mountain without hands shall roll forth, until it has filled the whole earth.

3 Yea, a voice crying—aPrepare ye the way of the Lord, prepare ye the supper of the Lamb, make ready for the Bridegroom.

4 Pray unto the Lord, call upon his holy name, make known his wonderful works among the people.

5 Call upon the Lord, that his kingdom may go forth upon the earth, that the inhabitants thereof may receive it, and be prepared for the days to come, in the which the Son of Man shall come down in heaven, clothed in the brightness of his glory, to meet the kingdom of God which is set up on the earth.

6 Wherefore, may the kingdom of God go forth, that the kingdom of heaven may come, that thou, O God, mayest be glorified in heaven so on earth, that thine enemies may be subdued; for thine is the honor, power and glory, forever and ever. Amen.
______

AND - 1 Nephi 14 - SAYS —"There are only two churches: the Church of the Lamb of God and the church of the devil"— AND —The saints of God in all nations are persecuted by the great and abominable church {{meaning the rest of us; and to promote the "persecution of the saints of God", I suppose they feel they have to continue to try to stir up trouble and hostilities}}—
see http://scriptures.lds.org/en/1_ne/14

Book of Mormon ~ 1 Nephi 14

THE FIRST BOOK OF NEPHI
HIS REIGN AND MINISTRY
CHAPTER 14
An angel tells Nephi of the blessings and cursings to fall upon the Gentiles—There are only two churches: the Church of the Lamb of God and the church of the devil—The saints of God in all nations are persecuted by the great and abominable church—The apostle John shall write concerning the end of the world. Between 600 and 592 B.C.......

The Official Scriptures of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
© 2006 Intellectual Reserve, Inc. All rights reserved.

+++++++
[ Wow, what a catchy title for this new Book. I couldn't help but notice it (considering some of the debates that go on)]:
--------
"The Tyranny of Dead Ideas: Letting Go of the Old Ways of Thinking to Unleash a New Prosperity"
--------
http://www.amazon.com/Tyranny-Dead-Ideas-Thin...

+
HaShomer

Lehigh Acres, FL

#247 Feb 17, 2009
Shalom,

Since I had no one answer my question on the John 1:1 thread, I will post the question on all threads!

Are the spirits of demons, a person or an influence that takes over a persons life?
UNchained

Maryville, TN

#248 Feb 17, 2009
HaShomer wrote:
Shalom,
Since I had no one answer my question on the John 1:1 thread, I will post the question on all threads!
Are the spirits of demons, a person or an influence that takes over a persons life?
Why don't you tell us...

When they reached the crowd, a man approached and knelt down before Him.
“Lord,” he said,“have mercy on my son, because he has seizures and suffers severely. He often falls into the fire and often into the water.
I brought him to Your disciples, but they couldn’t heal him.”
Jesus replied,“You unbelieving and rebellious generation! How long will I be with you? How long must I put up with you? Bring him here to Me.”
Then Jesus rebuked the demon, and it
came out of him, and from that moment the boy was healed.
Then the disciples approached Jesus privately and said,“Why couldn’t we drive it out?”
Matthew 17:14-19

As soon as He got out of the boat, a man with an unclean spirit came out of the tombs and met Him. He lived in the tombs. No one was able to restrain him any more — even with chains — because he often had been bound with shackles and chains, but had snapped off the chains and smashed the shackles. No one was strong enough to subdue him. And always, night and day, he was crying out among the tombs and in the mountains and cutting himself with stones.
When he saw Jesus from a distance, he ran and knelt down before Him.
And he cried out with a loud voice,“What do You have to do with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God?
I beg You before God, don’t torment me!”
For He had told him,“Come out of the man, you unclean spirit!”
“What is your name?” He asked him.
“My name is Legion,” he answered Him,“because we are many.”
And he kept begging Him not to send them out of the region.
Now a large herd of pigs was there, feeding on the hillside.
The demons begged Him,“Send us to the pigs, so we may enter them.”
And He gave them permission.
Then the unclean spirits came out and entered the pigs, and the herd of about 2,000 rushed down the steep bank into the sea and drowned there.
Mark 5:2-13
HaShomer

Lehigh Acres, FL

#249 Feb 17, 2009
UNchained wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you tell us...
When they reached the crowd, a man approached and knelt down before Him.
“Lord,” he said,“have mercy on my son, because he has seizures and suffers severely. He often falls into the fire and often into the water.
I brought him to Your disciples, but they couldn’t heal him.”
Jesus replied,“You unbelieving and rebellious generation! How long will I be with you? How long must I put up with you? Bring him here to Me.”
Then Jesus rebuked the demon, and it
came out of him, and from that moment the boy was healed.
Then the disciples approached Jesus privately and said,“Why couldn’t we drive it out?”
Matthew 17:14-19
As soon as He got out of the boat, a man with an unclean spirit came out of the tombs and met Him. He lived in the tombs. No one was able to restrain him any more — even with chains — because he often had been bound with shackles and chains, but had snapped off the chains and smashed the shackles. No one was strong enough to subdue him. And always, night and day, he was crying out among the tombs and in the mountains and cutting himself with stones.
When he saw Jesus from a distance, he ran and knelt down before Him.
And he cried out with a loud voice,“What do You have to do with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God?
I beg You before God, don’t torment me!”
For He had told him,“Come out of the man, you unclean spirit!”
“What is your name?” He asked him.
“My name is Legion,” he answered Him,“because we are many.”
And he kept begging Him not to send them out of the region.
Now a large herd of pigs was there, feeding on the hillside.
The demons begged Him,“Send us to the pigs, so we may enter them.”
And He gave them permission.
Then the unclean spirits came out and entered the pigs, and the herd of about 2,000 rushed down the steep bank into the sea and drowned there.
Mark 5:2-13
I know the correct answer unchained, which the scriptures you posted confirm. What is your private interpretation of those scriptures?
UNchained

Maryville, TN

#250 Feb 17, 2009
HaShomer wrote:
<quoted text>
I know the correct answer unchained, which the scriptures you posted confirm. What is your private interpretation of those scriptures?
Demons are spirit persons who can and do take over and influence humans lives.

Demons have the ability to enter into a person.

HaShomer

Lehigh Acres, FL

#251 Feb 17, 2009
UNchained wrote:
<quoted text>
Demons are spirit persons who can and do take over and influence humans lives.
Demons have the ability to enter into a person.
You mean they have a physical body, because that is what person means?
UNchained

Maryville, TN

#252 Feb 17, 2009
HaShomer wrote:
<quoted text>
Spirit persons do have bodies.

I'm not a spirit person and have never been to the spirit realm so I don't know what their bodies are like.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#253 Feb 17, 2009
HaShomer wrote:
<quoted text>
HaShomer....., Nephilims come to mind. Disobedient angels who materialized and married the beautiful woman on the earth, producing a hybrid. When the flood came, they dematerialized, leaving the bodies. Since this time, they have not been able to materialize like that again, but their influence remains great. They can still enter and possess humans and animals. I also believe in haunted houses, as these spirit creatures can inhabit houses. Theres a lot of things they can do. I use to have dreamcatchers, but I didn't like the feeling I got from them......so I got rid of them, along with man other things to.
Tiger Feet

Trenton, NJ

#254 Feb 17, 2009
Stay away from tarrot cards,love spells and all that bologna.There is no such thing as a good
witch or a bad one they are all the same they just want your money.
123CandS

Kailua Kona, HI

#256 Feb 17, 2009
~~ thought this would help too ~~ "millions of Camel smokers can't be wrong" - Google Search
http://www.google.com/search...
Nevada Rose wrote:
<quoted text>
You said..."Your received message is dependent upon your interpretation."
I said...."Along with 7 million others."
Along with myself, they also believe this....,it did not come about as a single interpretation on my part.
In other words....,we believe the same thing.
+
CMHQ

Harrisburg, PA

#258 Sep 9, 2011
Let God do the judging...

We are dedicated to providing you with Christian marriage advice based on biblical principles as well as marriage enrichment resources to make your Christian marriage flourish and be all that God intended.
http://www.christianmarriagehq.com/
Scriptures pertaining to marriage, useful tips for improving communication, romance, and many other helpful things you'll find here.
Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

#259 Sep 10, 2011
CMHQ wrote:
Let God do the judging...
We are dedicated to providing you with Christian marriage advice based on biblical principles as well as marriage enrichment resources to make your Christian marriage flourish and be all that God intended.
http://www.christianmarriagehq.com/
Scriptures pertaining to marriage, useful tips for improving communication, romance, and many other helpful things you'll find here.
You like stale threads, dont you?

“PRIME”

Since: Mar 12

LOS ANGELES

#260 May 5, 2012
unlisted wrote:
and educated it is... i never knew just how this org worked.. it is scary
I am interested to know how it works? Can you enlighten me with the facts about this religion?

Thank you, I hope to hear from you soon..
unlisted

Greensboro, NC

#261 May 5, 2012
hi prime from reading what is posted in the magazines, what my family who just left is speaking to me about..

it appears that if you want to leave you risk losing friends you have had for a long time, and the letters and visits to attempt to place pressure on a person who has left.

it also appears women and children are not equal to men

the disfellowshipping is true now i know the events leading up to my sil leaving the state she lived in..
Christian Witness

Muskogee, OK

#262 May 7, 2012
Baptists are like any other denomination in Christendom, they know only what they've been taught about the Bible. Not like Jehovah's witnesses who study and learn specifics of the Scriptures to back up and prove what Jehovah God wants us to know and teach in these last days.
John 17:3

There is no other religion that teaches accurate knowledge of the Bible, without that you cannot expect to qualify for the gift of everlasting life.
Revelation 1:3

Now is the time to start your Bible study with Jehovah's witnesses and learn the truth about God and life, and the truth about Jesus, that he is not God, but our reigning King in God's heavenly Kingdom.
Revelation 11:15

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Southern Baptist Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is glorifying God a hate crime now? 22 min NoahLovesU 65
Evangelicals to Gays: We Have Nothing For You |... (Mar '10) 3 hr janeebee 18,813
Bible Citation Costs Atlanta Fire Chief His Job... Jan 20 Fa-Foxy 7
bingo Jan 12 Peter Xavier 1
rapture? Jan 6 HEATH - 72 2
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Dec 31 Blahzay 83,904
Why do Southern Baptists dislike Catholics? (Feb '10) Dec '14 Wow 114
More from around the web