Hmmmm, Interesting JW topic

Hmmmm, Interesting JW topic

There are 256 comments on the forums.ocala.com story from Jan 15, 2009, titled Hmmmm, Interesting JW topic. In it, forums.ocala.com reports that:

Link "Two Southern Baptist congregations are preparing a crusade to teach their members how to convert "cult" members, including Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at forums.ocala.com.

Nevada Rose

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#224 Jan 30, 2009
Released from Bondage wrote:
Nevada- it would be more appropriate to say that you are sticking with your interpretation of the Bible.
Your received message is dependent upon your interpretation.
Along with a small group of 7 million.

“Aurea mediocritas ”

Since: Feb 08

Allegan, MI

#225 Jan 30, 2009
Nevada Rose wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello again Howie....,as you can see, Unchained knows everyone better than they know themselves. He apparently is a reader of hearts. This is a typical JW opposer.
Actually Howie, I have a curiosity of the Mormons beliefs, as I stated before. I am not searching for something better since I am convinced I have learned what the true message is. And for me, the true message leaves little questioning of it at this point. My current belief matches up with what is written in the Bible....,regardless of what the opposers think....., I see it through different eyes, period.
The places stated in the Bible can be backed and have been supported by recorded history and also by archeological findings......I will stick to the Bible, as I trust it thoroughly. I cannot say this regarding the BOM. It is very foreign to me. I could not look at it as another book inspired from God. The Bibles stories I truly believe happened, the cities existed, and its history is true. I believe its message comes to life through spiritual eyes. Once the message has been revealed....,I believe this leaves little room to squabble about any discrepancies regarding certain translations. This is the reason the use of other Bibles has been encouraged. The message still gets through, and it is the message that is the most important of instructions for us to know and understand. Otherwise, we wouldn't have a clue of why we are here or where we are going. The message answers these questions.
Hey "N", If you wish to learn more about the LDS and BOM, you'll have to converse with members of their Church. I'm not Mormon. I'm just another one of Gods faithful sinners here. My roots go back to The Church of Christ 1830 Temple Lot, raised a Catholic. With due respect, this is a LDS Mormon forum. The Mormons are a life style, not just a church for Sunday only. As they are taught, they practice everyday and live. Yea there are some stinkers in the group but mostly, nice ground level people in general, warm hearted, etc etc. To add to this, my ideas of the LDS are my ideas and understanding. You'll have to do your own research and choices. I'm not a good one to front for the Mormons.
Released from Bondage

Jackson Heights, NY

#226 Jan 30, 2009
Nevada Rose wrote:
<quoted text>
Along with a small group of 7 million.
Numbers were not the issue.

I think you misunderstood.

No matter how many are in any religion, you must believe it to be true.
RDT

Poolesville, MD

#227 Jan 30, 2009
John Coffee wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you should be a mormon. They definately state that they are the only true church upon the face of the whole earth.
Mormons believe in Prophets, as well as the book of mormon, which is a record of the inhabitants of the american continent after they traveled from jerusalem in 2 separate groups at different times.
If you're spiritually minded, and don't need any evidence of this, it may be the church for you.
Could you explain why other saints should recognize the Mormon Church as the legitimate Holy Spirit-inspired Christian Church on Earth? I think such evidence is needed for all truly Holy Spirit-filled saints.
UNchained

Clarksville, TN

#228 Jan 30, 2009
Nevada Rose wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello again Howie....,as you can see, Unchained knows everyone better than they know themselves. He apparently is a reader of hearts. This is a typical JW opposer.
I am not searching for something better since I am convinced I have learned what the true message is. And for me, the true message leaves little questioning of it at this point. My current belief matches up with what is written in the Bible....,regardless of what the opposers think....., I see it through different eyes, period.
No Nevada Rose, I can't read hearts but I have been reading your posts for several years and have learned the following about you:

You have been an 'On Again''Off Again' JW 'Bible' Study for some time now (last I heard it was in the neighborhood of 30 years) yet you can't seem to make a dedication to Jehovah for some reason that you have not disclosed.

You frequently accuse anyone who posts critical information about the Watchtower Society of being 'anti-JW' and/or a 'JW hater' and/or an 'opposer' no matter if the information is a direct quote from Watchtower Society literature.

You do have a sense of humor that some of the male JW 'Bible' Studies desperately need because they always seem to have their boxer shorts in a wad when they post on the board.

Happy Feet

Redmond, WA

#229 Jan 30, 2009
I just have 1 question, I've met some realy nice mormons b4.All I want to know is how come they don't have any puerto rican, cuban, or haitians mormons? just curious I've never seen one with a tan,slanted eyes, or a chocolate color.

Nevada Rose

Location hidden

#230 Jan 30, 2009
UNchained wrote:
<quoted text>
No Nevada Rose, I can't read hearts but I have been reading your posts for several years and have learned the following about you:
You have been an 'On Again''Off Again' JW 'Bible' Study for some time now (last I heard it was in the neighborhood of 30 years) yet you can't seem to make a dedication to Jehovah for some reason that you have not disclosed.
You frequently accuse anyone who posts critical information about the Watchtower Society of being 'anti-JW' and/or a 'JW hater' and/or an 'opposer' no matter if the information is a direct quote from Watchtower Society literature.
You do have a sense of humor that some of the male JW 'Bible' Studies desperately need because they always seem to have their boxer shorts in a wad when they post on the board.
I have to have a sense of humor around you. Also, if I went another 25 years it would still be none of your business.

See why I need a sense of humor around people who "think" they know everything about someone else? Like you?

A man recently baptized after 50 years.......,

now I'm sure someone as funny as yourself already has his life all thought out and written down in your head, because you know what went on in this mans life.

You also will claim he had a 50 year study.

This is where you went wrong.

Nevada Rose

Location hidden

#231 Jan 30, 2009
Released from Bondage wrote:
<quoted text>
Numbers were not the issue.
I think you misunderstood.
No matter how many are in any religion, you must believe it to be true.
You said..."Your received message is dependent upon your interpretation."

I said...."Along with 7 million others."

Along with myself, they also believe this....,it did not come about as a single interpretation on my part.

In other words....,we believe the same thing.
UNchained

Clarksville, TN

#232 Jan 30, 2009
Nevada Rose wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to have a sense of humor around you. Also, if I went another 25 years it would still be none of your business.
See why I need a sense of humor around people who "think" they know everything about someone else? Like you?
A man recently baptized after 50 years.......,
now I'm sure someone as funny as yourself already has his life all thought out and written down in your head, because you know what went on in this mans life.
You also will claim he had a 50 year study.
This is where you went wrong.
What man are you referring to or is that another one of the visions you've been receiving lately?

Nevada Rose

Location hidden

#233 Jan 30, 2009
UNchained wrote:
<quoted text>
What man are you referring to or is that another one of the visions you've been receiving lately?
Knock Knock

Who's there?

Unchain

Unchain who?

Unchain your Brain.

No illusions. A man was recently baptized after 50 years.
Happy Feet

Redmond, WA

#234 Jan 30, 2009
LOL

Since: Jan 09

Saint George, UT

#235 Jan 30, 2009
RDT wrote:
<quoted text>
Could you explain why other saints should recognize the Mormon Church as the legitimate Holy Spirit-inspired Christian Church on Earth? I think such evidence is needed for all truly Holy Spirit-filled saints.
If you are looking for Evidence for any religion, then good luck. Perhaps I do not understand your question
UNchained

Clarksville, TN

#236 Jan 31, 2009
Nevada Rose wrote:
<quoted text>
Knock Knock
Who's there?
Unchain
Unchain who?
Unchain your Brain.
No illusions. A man was recently baptized after 50 years.
If it took 50 years for him to decide the JW's have the truth and dedicate himself to Jehovah he must have been a real slow learner.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#237 Jan 31, 2009
UNchained wrote:
<quoted text>
If it took 50 years for him to decide the JW's have the truth and dedicate himself to Jehovah he must have been a real slow learner.
Maybe she meant he was 50? I sure hope so.... I've never known anyone to study that long!!

Nevada Rose

Location hidden

#238 Jan 31, 2009
UNchained wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a loose screw or what here.

A person can do a two week study and then not return for ten years or so.......get it now?

You don't live their life, and you certainly don't make their decisions. Your brain must be awfully skinny to not comprehend.
UNchained

Clarksville, TN

#239 Jan 31, 2009
Nevada Rose wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a loose screw or what here.
A person can do a two week study and then not return for ten years or so.......get it now?
You don't live their life, and you certainly don't make their decisions. Your brain must be awfully skinny to not comprehend.
Having another bad day, Nevada Rose?

Just think how fulfilling it could have been for you if you had gone out in Field Service instead of bashing people on the board.

Nevada Rose

Location hidden

#240 Jan 31, 2009
UNchained wrote:
<quoted text>
Having another bad day, Nevada Rose?
Just think how fulfilling it could have been for you if you had gone out in Field Service instead of bashing people on the board.
I don't have bad days....,not like the ones you must have anyway.

LOL! I am amazed at your comprehension skills.

Give it time....,it might come to you yet.

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#241 Jan 31, 2009
Happy Feet wrote:
I just have 1 question, I've met some realy nice mormons b4.All I want to know is how come they don't have any puerto rican, cuban, or haitians mormons? just curious I've never seen one with a tan,slanted eyes, or a chocolate color.
there are LDS churches in many, many countries. I can assure you that you would find all of the above stated in many of them. As a matter of fact I was in Georgia over the summer and the LDS ward there was near an army base and there were many asians in attendance. Contrary to poplular belief we are not just a bunch of white people. If you are interested in how many members we have or how many countries we have wards and temples in you should go to mormon.org . I think you can find it there.
k_tufuga

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#242 Feb 14, 2009
this is coollll..
Claude Kenneson

Tallahassee, FL

#243 Feb 14, 2009
Nevada Rose wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have bad days....,not like the ones you must have anyway.
LOL! I am amazed at your comprehension skills.
Give it time....,it might come to you yet.
Maybe in another 20? 30 + 20=50 LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Southern Baptist Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump vs christian values Sep 25 Repub4life 1
Why do Southern Baptists dislike Catholics? (Feb '10) Sep 8 jojo 169
The Trinity Explained. Finally! (Oct '10) Sep 4 Thank you 16
Manipulating A Woman Into Your Bed Aug '16 barryconner-theor... 1
News Donald Trump and His Angry Voters are Furtherin... Aug '16 South Knox Hombre 2
News Debbie Wasserman blasts emails questioning Sand... Aug '16 South Knox Hombre 1
News Spotlight on Westosha Baptist Church Jul '16 Bubba from Kenosha 2
More from around the web