Hmmmm, Interesting JW topic

Hmmmm, Interesting JW topic

There are 256 comments on the forums.ocala.com story from Jan 15, 2009, titled Hmmmm, Interesting JW topic. In it, forums.ocala.com reports that:

Link "Two Southern Baptist congregations are preparing a crusade to teach their members how to convert "cult" members, including Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at forums.ocala.com.

First Prev
of 13
Next Last
wom

Bartow, FL

#1 Jan 16, 2009
A.P. Published January 22, 2000

Old news
judge rutherford

Centereach, NY

#2 Jan 16, 2009
not old new its "old light" ha ha ha ha !!!!
UNchained

Maryville, TN

#3 Jan 16, 2009
I thought the following comment very appropriate:

"When members of a cult come onto our properties. Then brazenly knock on our doors where our children might greet them, etc., we have a right to be educated about them."
MeMe

Bethlehem, PA

#4 Jan 16, 2009
If you were following mans word instead of Gods,thats your fault,go take it up with the society,don't tear down the Bible!MeMe
unlisted

Greensboro, NC

#5 Jan 16, 2009
and educated it is... i never knew just how this org worked.. it is scary
lolly

Dungannon, UK

#6 Jan 16, 2009
JWs probs enjoy the challenge of trading scriptures with a baptist :) I would

“Enjoy Christian Freedom NOW!”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#7 Jan 17, 2009
Odd how I used to think I had it "all figured out" when I was knocking on Baptist's doors to tell THEM they "had it all wrong".

Wisdom and maturity and the Holy Spirit have NOW led me to see that the people I used to look down my nose at and and try to "correct"....

were right all along because THEY had Jesus....all that time.

Odd too, that I recalled some of the scriptures THEY used against the WTS teachings...

and looking THOSE scriptures up....

to my surprise,

I found that they were also much better informed on the bible than *I* was through WTS teachings!

You just never KNOW what path the real truth will take as it opens the eyes of your heart.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#8 Jan 17, 2009
unlisted wrote:
and educated it is... i never knew just how this org worked.. it is scary
You still don't. But you think you do. THAT is what's scary.
unlisted

Greensboro, NC

#9 Jan 17, 2009
sorry Garth your wrong i do not know how this cult works until i researched and spoke to a jw family and spoke with people here.

your the dense one.
your life msu tbe so lonely you have to fall for the nonsense this org spits out iof it's mouth.
but you love this org/cult so badly yet you are not even a jw.. tha t makews no sens e especially since they seem to knwo when the world will end, and they hide the history of it from their followers.

what bothers me is you feel the need to put words in others mouths yet you are not man enough to take the plunge

one only has to read and see and listen to know this man made org is just that no different than Jones and David karish i think his name was

they lie Gareth and you fall for it.

I never said i knew all about this org. but the more o do see and read and research the more i say it is wrong and i feel sorry for people who fall into this trap.. have a good night.

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#10 Jan 24, 2009
I once had a neighbor who did not know I was Mormon, come over and invite me to their church . Then she informed me that her pastor would be teaching about cults such as mormons and JW. Luckily for her I am not easily offended, but I remember my baptist preacher when I was a kid talking about the same thing.
It is sad that they haven't a clue what they are talking about which only creates more misinformed people.

Since: Jan 09

Saint George, UT

#11 Jan 24, 2009
I wonder though, how many people would proudly exclaim that they are in a cult? I wonder if the branch dividians or the people in jonestown referred or believed themselves to be in a cult. Is the word cult useful at all, or is it purely meant to be derogatory? What is the definition of a cult?

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#12 Jan 24, 2009
John Coffee wrote:
I wonder though, how many people would proudly exclaim that they are in a cult? I wonder if the branch dividians or the people in jonestown referred or believed themselves to be in a cult. Is the word cult useful at all, or is it purely meant to be derogatory? What is the definition of a cult?
I think any organized religion could be referred to as a cult. It's a group of people who follow the same teachings, is it not?

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#13 Jan 24, 2009
unlisted wrote:
sorry Garth your wrong i do not know how this cult works until i researched and spoke to a jw family and spoke with people here.
your the dense one.
your life msu tbe so lonely you have to fall for the nonsense this org spits out iof it's mouth.
but you love this org/cult so badly yet you are not even a jw.. tha t makews no sens e especially since they seem to knwo when the world will end, and they hide the history of it from their followers.
what bothers me is you feel the need to put words in others mouths yet you are not man enough to take the plunge
one only has to read and see and listen to know this man made org is just that no different than Jones and David karish i think his name was
they lie Gareth and you fall for it.
I never said i knew all about this org. but the more o do see and read and research the more i say it is wrong and i feel sorry for people who fall into this trap.. have a good night.
This is exactly what you do......the same thing you blamed Gareth of doing.

O course you are entitled to your opinions, as we all are.

At least I was a Catholic and can voice how scary. frightful and deceiving that religion was for me.

You on the other hand, cannot say you were an exJW.

The Catholics absolutely hide God's message from the people.

I often wonder, if their leaders were so educated in Bible knowledge, then how could they not understand what is written, from beginning to end.

You, Unlisted.....have been deceived.
dee

Greenville, SC

#14 Jan 24, 2009
lolly wrote:
JWs probs enjoy the challenge of trading scriptures with a baptist :) I would
That I would like to see as Baptist know the Bible better that the JW's.
dee

Greenville, SC

#15 Jan 24, 2009
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> I think any organized religion could be referred to as a cult. It's a group of people who follow the same teachings, is it not?
That is not correct. I suggest you google cult and you will get a list of what makes a cult a cult.
dee

Greenville, SC

#16 Jan 24, 2009
Nevada Rose wrote:
<quoted text>
This is exactly what you do......the same thing you blamed Gareth of doing.
O course you are entitled to your opinions, as we all are.
At least I was a Catholic and can voice how scary. frightful and deceiving that religion was for me.
You on the other hand, cannot say you were an exJW.
The Catholics absolutely hide God's message from the people.
I often wonder, if their leaders were so educated in Bible knowledge, then how could they not understand what is written, from beginning to end.
You, Unlisted.....have been deceived.
You are not now nor never have been a JW.The same for Garth. Neither one of you know what it is like to be a JW.

Location hidden

#17 Jan 24, 2009
dee wrote:
<quoted text> That is not correct. I suggest you google cult and you will get a list of what makes a cult a cult.
My past Catholic religion was referred to as a cult.

I think people will refer to "cult" for anything religious after the severe abuses by small religious groups, such as that which happened to the followers who were deceived by Jim Jones for instance.

Labeling a religion as a cult can suit someones hatefilled biased agendas. It suits their purpose.

Location hidden

#18 Jan 24, 2009
dee wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not now nor never have been a JW.The same for Garth. Neither one of you know what it is like to be a JW.
Just what any mindless person will say when they have nothing better.
lolly

Sunderland, UK

#19 Jan 24, 2009
dee wrote:
<quoted text>
I will take that challenge dee send me your baptist lol :)

Location hidden

#20 Jan 24, 2009
dee wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't preach the message of God, period.

One must know the message to preach it.

I've heard their sermons.

You walk in spiritually starved.

You walk out spiritually starved.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Southern Baptist Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 14 hr Jaimie 84,426
If all it takes to get into Heaven.... Aug 31 Catholic24 83
Why do Sexual Perverts Hate Southern Baptists (Jul '13) Aug 31 Catholic24 62
Purgatory is REAL Aug 30 Catholic24 16
Help for pregnant unmarried women Aug 29 Redeemed 2
The Papacy is the Predicted Antichrist Aug 24 Catholic24 100
what is a souther baptist? (Oct '13) Aug 19 Catholic24 5
More from around the web