Homosexuality

Since: Feb 12

Delhi, India

#1 Feb 14, 2012
Ive been growing with this abnormality since i was young.At a young age i knew nothing about homosexuality or any of this same sex issue but growing up i started feeling weird about myself,i alwz thot my same sex feelings were normal n wer goin 2 dissapear wich dey didnt.N i tried burying dis "thing" n pretend like it dint exist but when i was about 16 years these feelings just kept growing stonger and i cudnt ignore them anymur.i ws finally concerned abt this thing ,learned that der were "others" like me n dat der was a name fr it.I prayed n believed for so many years but i just cudnt find a cure and its making me insane cos sum days im feeling like dis is a thing i hav 2 liv wit n odr times i feel lyk i shudnt be havin dis feelins at all.Is there any way out of homosexualtiy?
Just Be You

Paragould, AR

#2 Feb 16, 2012
If you are a homosexual, you are one of many! You are not alone. Be yourself. There is nothing morally or ethically wrong with being gay.

While I am neither gay nor religious, I do have gay friends (and religious ones for that matter).

There is nothing wrong with you. Seek out like-minded individuals, and educate yourself.

I wish you nothing, but the best. Peace.:)
Phil

Van Buren, AR

#3 Feb 21, 2012
Whatever feelings of sexual attraction we have, does not mean we have to give in to them. No one can deal with sin on our own, you must first turn from our old life, confess to God that you are a sinner {We are all sinners.} and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, that He paid the price for all sin that we might be accepted into the Kingdom of God. That's how we are "born again" in the spirit. He {The Holy spirit} comes and dwells within us and only with His supernatural work in our live can we begin to deal with all our sin.

Since: Feb 12

India

#4 Feb 21, 2012
Phil wrote:
Whatever feelings of sexual attraction we have, does not mean we have to give in to them. No one can deal with sin on our own, you must first turn from our old life, confess to God that you are a sinner {We are all sinners.} and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, that He paid the price for all sin that we might be accepted into the Kingdom of God. That's how we are "born again" in the spirit. He {The Holy spirit} comes and dwells within us and only with His supernatural work in our live can we begin to deal with all our sin.
I understand what your saying....but i have accepted Jesus as my Saviour,born again,growing spiritually and learning more about God's love and his will but i have'nt had any breakthrough with this struggle and im confused as to why homosexuality exists and is it wrong or right
Just Be You

Paragould, AR

#5 Feb 22, 2012
Archie22 wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand what your saying....but i have accepted Jesus as my Saviour,born again,growing spiritually and learning more about God's love and his will but i have'nt had any breakthrough with this struggle and im confused as to why homosexuality exists and is it wrong or right
Well, that depends on who you ask. If you ask a fundamentalist Christian, s/he is going to tell you that homosexuality is an abomination...and that you will certainly go to hell because of it unless you repent and "convert" to heterosexuality.

If you ask a so-called "moderate Christian", s/he may tell you that homosexuals are also God's children, and (correctly, I might add) that Jesus Christ never spoke for or against homosexuality. It was mentioned as punishable by death in the Old Testament, though. For example, I work with a gay man who is devoutly Christian. He attends a Presbyterian church (with his partner) where he is very active and completely accepted.

If you ask those that remain secular (outside of dogma), they will tell you that homosexual behaviors are observed throughout nature up to and including our own species throughout time.

I suggest you do some research, keep an open mind, and find the answers you seek for yourself. You will be glad you did.

It does not matter WHAT you think. It matters HOW you think.

I sincerely hope wisdom finds you. Good luck!

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#6 Apr 27, 2012
to this person goes by just be you.This person has either had know raising Not one ounce of education for the bible or a controlled mind of a demon i think all 3.This person should never touch a bible you should find you some else to believe in.Your being controlled but not by the holy ghost.The holy ghost would not deny it on word when it wrote the bible.When jesus said before abraham was i am.what was he saying he was that i am that was in the burning bush.Jesus is the revelation of the whole bible.Yes the angels that meant abraham the one that stayed in the tent was Christ and the other two angels went to sodom and gomorrah.And told lot to get out God was going to burn it down.Jesus spoke of this in the new testment he said that sin would repeat itself.So you have become your on preacher preaching you own gospel.The bible has a lot to say about that life style read it you might learn something.I'll tell you what does being born-again mean to you explain that to me hot rod.I ask that out of every denonational church and none of them knows what that really means.Is because you belong to a lodge and not a church.THe word church means called out elected of god.You don't join God church your borned into it.all my father has give me will come to me a stranger it will not follow.My sheep hear my voice and a stranger it will not follow.

Since: Oct 12

Dayton, OH

#7 Oct 1, 2012
Wrong!!! The devil puts those feelings and urges in ur head. Resist and turn from ur sin. Pray to god and he will answer ur prayer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Southern Baptist Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) Wed cpeter1313 6,950
Do you know where you will spend eternity? Jul 9 JacquelineDeane55 1
God Removes His People before His Judgement fal... Jul 3 Gismys 1
News How Trump is highlighting divisions among South... Jun 29 Mothra 167
"Predestined"?? "Elected"?? Or You Choose to Be... Jun '17 Gismys 1
Southern Baptists just declared war on Planned ... Jun '17 South Knox Hombre 1
News ADL: Southern Baptists did the right thing in c... Jun '17 South Knox Hombre 1
More from around the web