As gays serve openly, few problems fo...

As gays serve openly, few problems for chaplains

There are 54 comments on the The Daily Star story from Jul 4, 2012, titled As gays serve openly, few problems for chaplains. In it, The Daily Star reports that:

WRIGHTSTOWN: Col. Timothy Wagoner has been an Air Force chaplain for 20 years, serving a denomination - the Southern Baptists - that rejects same-sex relationships.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Star.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Lorton

Pekin, IL

#1 Jul 4, 2012
Every truly Christian church rejects homosexual behavior, for God repeatedly condemns it:

Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9 (NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
Tim

Trussville, AL

#2 Jul 4, 2012
Lorton...I think you know where you can stick you disgusting religious bigotry...
AdaminAZ

United States

#3 Jul 4, 2012
Lorton wrote:
Every truly Christian church rejects homosexual behavior, for God repeatedly condemns it:
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9 (NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
Honey, you don't get to say who's "truly" Christian. Neither does the government. Ain't America great!!!!???

“Where's my fairy wand!”

Since: Apr 08

Reading PA

#4 Jul 4, 2012
Lorton wrote:
New Name - same ignorance.

“Take Topix Back From Trolls”

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#5 Jul 4, 2012
Your Gods really getting pissed at you David. You blow off his wises for you to not judge others. He's gonna send you on a very warm vacation for all eternity. Go buy yourself some asbestos undewear, I you're gonna need it.
Lorton wrote:
BS Detector

Palm Desert, CA

#6 Jul 4, 2012
Lorton wrote:
God doesn't condemn squat God created gays. Only your storybook bullsh!t bible, written by mortal men in an effort to control their people, wrote it.

My guess is that you are the godless and unrighteous one, contrary to the will of god. Burn baby, burn.

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

#12 Jul 5, 2012
Lorton wrote:
Excuse me but do you also stone your children to death as the bible commands?

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#13 Jul 5, 2012
Wat the Tyler wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me but do you also stone your children to death as the bible commands?
The Pekin Troll is not allowed anywhere near his children.

FaFoxy

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

#16 Jul 5, 2012
I thought the sky was going to fall and the Earth was going to open and swallow everyone if they let gay and lesbian Americans serve openly in the military.

Why did they cancel that ?

“suck”

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#17 Jul 5, 2012
Okay so im slightly drunk.. and this is it. Im gunna burn some fckin bibles! Join me guys.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#18 Jul 5, 2012
FaFoxy wrote:
I thought the sky was going to fall and the Earth was going to open and swallow everyone if they let gay and lesbian Americans serve openly in the military.
It was just one of a series of predictions of the end-of-the-world that we heard last year. I think it ended at least half-a-dozen times. Who knows? Maybe we're all in heaven and didn't even realize.
AdaminAZ

United States

#19 Jul 5, 2012
FaFoxy wrote:
You know, your input isn't half bad when you decide to be on topic!
LoL at PAGAN HICKS

Los Angeles, CA

#21 Jul 6, 2012
BS Detector wrote:
<quoted text> God doesn't condemn squat God created gays. Only your storybook bullsh!t bible, written by mortal men in an effort to control their people, wrote it.
My guess is that you are the godless and unrighteous one, contrary to the will of god. Burn baby, burn.
Nah, my dog will hump my leg but that doesn't mean he's queer.

It means he got excited and took a shot.

Just because you murder your grandmother and chop her up in a blender and drink her doesn't mean God created murderers so it's ok.

You're utter lack of any logic at all in your life is why so many

M.I.L.L.I.O.N.S. of you

are DEAD from AIDS.
BS Detector

Palm Desert, CA

#22 Jul 7, 2012
LoL at PAGAN HICKS wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, my dog will hump my leg but that doesn't mean he's queer.
It means he got excited and took a shot.
Just because you murder your grandmother and chop her up in a blender and drink her doesn't mean God created murderers so it's ok.
You're utter lack of any logic at all in your life is why so many
M.I.L.L.I.O.N.S. of you
are DEAD from AIDS.
I love humiliating stupid people like you. First off, I'm straight. Many of the more militant on this forum don't like me because I expose their stupidity just like I expose yours. Further, they don't like me because I don't support same sex marriage.

Re your dog, if his humping your leg is the only action you get, I wouldn't be all that surprised.

Re your grandmother, she isn't my type. You can keep her.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#23 Jul 7, 2012
FaFoxy wrote:
Pat Robertson must have received another "divine revelation" directly from his Boss-in-the-Sky.
Lauretta Schimmoler

Dallas, TX

#24 Jul 7, 2012
This debate will soon be over as Conservatives push it to the Supreme Court to decide.

FaFoxy

“ WOOF !”

Coolidge, AZ

#25 Jul 7, 2012
Lauretta Schimmoler wrote:
This debate will soon be over as Conservatives push it to the Supreme Court to decide.
Push WHAT to SCOTUS ?! There's no issue regarding this to go to SCOTUS.

Also, most people seem to be under the mistaken impression that the ban on gay and lesbian people serving openly in the military started on DAY ONE that the U.S. Army (the earliest branch of the U.S. Armed Forces) was established. THAT AINT TRUE ! The so-called ban wasn't established until World War II, and even then, and after then, it was not strictly enforced nor evenly enforced.

I come from a military family. My grandfather (deceased) was a U.S. Marine in World War I and served in France. My father (deceased) was a U.S. Marine during the Korean War. My Uncle Jake (still alive) AND my Uncle Jim (deseased) both served in the U.S. Navy, both during World War II, both in the Pacific. My Uncle Willy (still alive) served in the U.S. Army, in South Korea in 1948 & 1949.

While discussing the ban on gay and lesbian people in the military with my Uncle Willy about 10 years ago, he claimed to be unaware that there was a ban. He said to me that when he was stationed in South Korea, that there were 3 openly gay guys in his platoon. He said everybody knew, and nobody cared.

Baron von Steuben (for whom the annual Steuben day Parade is held each year in many cities around the U.S.) was openly gay, and lived with 4 gayboys while he trained the U.S. Army during The Revolutionary War. Congress was so greateful to General von Steuben for training the troops, writing the first U.S. Army Training Manual,ablishing sanitary regulations and other regulations, and many other things, that they granted him a lifetime pension, and a large tract of land upstate New York.

Gay and lesbian people (including crossdressers) have served in the U.S. military since the very first day of The Revolutionary War.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#26 Jul 7, 2012
FaFoxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Push WHAT to SCOTUS ?! There's no issue regarding this to go to SCOTUS.
Also, most people seem to be under the mistaken impression that the ban on gay and lesbian people serving openly in the military started on DAY ONE that the U.S. Army (the earliest branch of the U.S. Armed Forces) was established. THAT AINT TRUE ! The so-called ban wasn't established until World War II, and even then, and after then, it was not strictly enforced nor evenly enforced.
I come from a military family. My grandfather (deceased) was a U.S. Marine in World War I and served in France. My father (deceased) was a U.S. Marine during the Korean War. My Uncle Jake (still alive) AND my Uncle Jim (deseased) both served in the U.S. Navy, both during World War II, both in the Pacific. My Uncle Willy (still alive) served in the U.S. Army, in South Korea in 1948 & 1949.
While discussing the ban on gay and lesbian people in the military with my Uncle Willy about 10 years ago, he claimed to be unaware that there was a ban. He said to me that when he was stationed in South Korea, that there were 3 openly gay guys in his platoon. He said everybody knew, and nobody cared.
Baron von Steuben (for whom the annual Steuben day Parade is held each year in many cities around the U.S.) was openly gay, and lived with 4 gayboys while he trained the U.S. Army during The Revolutionary War. Congress was so greateful to General von Steuben for training the troops, writing the first U.S. Army Training Manual,ablishing sanitary regulations and other regulations, and many other things, that they granted him a lifetime pension, and a large tract of land upstate New York.
Gay and lesbian people (including crossdressers) have served in the U.S. military since the very first day of The Revolutionary War.
Every time I think of Ratzi's claim that he's going to "rid the world of homosexuality" I wonder just what he meant. Does he intend to construct more gas chambers? Just what is his plan - how does he feel he's going to accomplish that vicious act? He can't or WON'T even do anything about his child-molesting priests. Ratzi just overwhelms me with his unconditional love and mercy. He's the type who aids in causing homosexuals to feel they have nothing left but suicide and that is currently in epidemic proportions. Ratzi obviously feels homosexuals are not included in God's unconditional love, or Jesus' sacrifice.

FaFoxy

“ WOOF !”

Coolidge, AZ

#27 Jul 7, 2012
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Every time I think of Ratzi's claim that he's going to "rid the world of homosexuality" I wonder just what he meant. Does he intend to construct more gas chambers? Just what is his plan - how does he feel he's going to accomplish that vicious act? He can't or WON'T even do anything about his child-molesting priests. Ratzi just overwhelms me with his unconditional love and mercy. He's the type who aids in causing homosexuals to feel they have nothing left but suicide and that is currently in epidemic proportions. Ratzi obviously feels homosexuals are not included in God's unconditional love, or Jesus' sacrifice.
I'm a church-going Protestant and ardently and vocally anti-Catholic, so I don't pay attention to ANYTHING the pope or any other Catholic says about ANYTHING !
Billy Clinton

Carmel, ME

#28 Jul 7, 2012
BS Detector wrote:
<quoted text> God doesn't condemn squat God created gays. Only your storybook bullsh!t bible, written by mortal men in an effort to control their people, wrote it.
If God judges a gay person, and finds that gay person acted sinfully without repentance, condemnation is just around the corner for the gay person.

But let's get to your real hatred of God. That storybook bs bible you choose to degrade only has one God law in it you can't handle. It simply says that if a man lays with another man as he would with a woman, and we all know what is being alluded to here, then God sees that act as an "abomination", and He don't much care for it. The punishment for that unrepentant "abomination" is death. Not of your body, but of your spiritual soul.

So you have to attack God and his word, and anyone who believes in His word, as a form of denial. If not, you can't justify your immoral gay behavior without having a huge guilt complex to tote around, and that will cost you your soul. Ain't nobody's fault but your own for what may happen to you.

BTW-God didn't create you gay. There's another entity, very sinister, evil, and deceitful that bought your ticket. You won't enjoy the trip either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Southern Baptist Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 4 hr petrol 4,739
First Southern Baptist Church on 59th Ave. Nov 27 Wayne France 3
News Will Evangelicals Deliver The White House To Do... Nov 14 South Knox Hombre 1
Why do Southern Baptists dislike Catholics? (Feb '10) Nov '16 Lift the veil 170
Can't Get Copy of our Church's By-Laws/Constitu... (Jun '08) Oct '16 Anonymous 43
why are southern baptists sooooo self-righteous? (Feb '11) Oct '16 Truluv332 109
News Jerry Falwell Jr. cites his father in Trump end... (Jan '16) Oct '16 WelbyMD 37
More from around the web