Palin puts Baptist beliefs on spot

There are 7 comments on the Oct 3, 2008, El Paso Times story titled Palin puts Baptist beliefs on spot. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Within the nation's largest Protestant denomination, a woman may not lead a church or a home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

Hypocrits

El Paso, TX

#1 Oct 5, 2008
It never surprises me how religous leaders reshape the dogma of their church to fit their needs. It also never surprises me to see how the followers just continue to be herded like cattle and do exactly what they are told without any effort on their part to use their god given gift of freedom of choice and see these hypocrits for what they are..
Dr Tom Goupil Pastor

Allentown, PA

#2 Oct 11, 2008
Hypocrits wrote:
It never surprises me how religous leaders reshape the dogma of their church to fit their needs. It also never surprises me to see how the followers just continue to be herded like cattle and do exactly what they are told without any effort on their part to use their god given gift of freedom of choice and see these hypocrits for what they are..
Just curious as to what you are referring to when you mention "god given gift of freedom of choice".
ricky

United States

#3 Oct 11, 2008
A woman cannot run any house

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#4 Oct 12, 2008
ricky wrote:
A woman cannot run any house
Tell that to the thousands of single moms with dead beat dads....
Peralta de Peralta

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#5 Jun 17, 2011
As a Southern Baptist woman, I have absolutely no problems with the Bible saying that men should lead at church and in the home. I've got enough on my plate thank you very much!
4gvn

Wentzville, MO

#6 Oct 10, 2011
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell that to the thousands of single moms with dead beat dads....
ou are exactly right MiddleWay. It is not that God has ordaned that women cannot run tiere household. It is just that that was not part of God's perfect plan. i.e. That is not the way God intended it to be. Sadly, that is what happens when men do not take responsibilty for thier families and find thier proper place with God. And God bless the countless brave women who have had to shoulder a responsibly that was not intended to be thiers.
Phillip

Van Buren, AR

#7 Oct 12, 2011
Sarah Palins comment about Neanderthals that wanted their wives to stay home and take care of their family caused me lose all respect for the woman. That's the kind of feminist sentiment that helped create all the single mothers. Being a single mother might be pathetic but it's not heroic. People make choices that put them in the situation their in and it's almost always "I want to do what I want to do." That's the demonic refrain that rings through American culture in it's music, movies and media.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Southern Baptist Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 15 hr Jaimie 84,074
News Same-sex marriage opponents urge Supreme Court ... Apr 23 Mikey 98
News Jeb Bush just hired an adviser with extensive t... Apr 22 swedenforever 4
Question from a Catholic Apr 17 Nsk14 3
Why do Southern Baptists dislike Catholics? (Feb '10) Apr 13 Redheadedangel 116
News Florists say they will refuse gay couples if 'r... Apr 11 Richard Donahue 2
speaking to the passed Apr 2 Apayne1593 1
More from around the web