Evangelicals to Gays: We Have Nothing...

Evangelicals to Gays: We Have Nothing For You | RD Blog: The Devil's Advocate | ReligionDispatches

There are 18865 comments on the www.religiondispatches.org story from May 14, 2009, titled Evangelicals to Gays: We Have Nothing For You | RD Blog: The Devil's Advocate | ReligionDispatches. In it, www.religiondispatches.org reports that:

Tony Campolo admits that evangelical Christianity offers little to a lesbian or gay Christian - except loneliness, maybe.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.religiondispatches.org.

WOW

Kent, OH

#54052 Apr 19, 2013
The Golem wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you thank G-d for the gift of the evil impulse too? I mean that quite seriously.
I AM SO GLAD I DONT LIVE IN LOS ANGELES, EVIL TOWN.IT'S NOT NORMAL TO BE GAY ......UGH
Brighton John

Brighton, UK

#54053 Apr 20, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
We can split hairs over how much it has been edited, but the fact that it has at all (more than you imply by the way) rather sinks your theory that it is magically protected by god. And this still does not address the very real problem of translation. This goes back to my questioning why this deity came one to one place and never wrote anything down, and left it's message to a long game of telephone. Why not come back periodically with updates? Give the message to succeeding generations in clear terms in their own languages? Not to difficult for an omnipotent deity one would think.
Right on. I agree. I am constantly reminded how God's word is flouted even firm believers refuse to act according to Deuteronomy 21:18-21 King James Version (KJV):

18 If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:

19 Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;

20 And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.

21 And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.
Disciple of Jesus

United States

#54054 Apr 20, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
You yourself claim that God will not go back on His word, yet christianity is based on exactly that, it REQUIRES that God go back on His word and completely change the ETERNAL Covenant that He made with the children of Israel. Jesus preached Judaism...
Liam; you don't have a clue. Jesus told them they were of their father the devil. He told them they were hypocrites. He told them their temple would be destroyed.

He said; for God so loved the world (everybody)- as in the whole world - everyone. A woman taken in adultery; forgiven. Sin is an abomination and God is a righteous God that the wicked shun and scorn turning their backs on Him to do as they please.

All have sinned; but the unbelief will place you with the wicked because you have forsaken the true and living God. Judaism will not provide salvation; only Jesus' atoning finished work is adequate. You will stand before Him soon and give account - regardless, you will give an account. After this life it is too late to change, you will be judged according to this life.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#54056 Apr 29, 2013
Disciple of Jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Liam; you don't have a clue. Jesus told them they were of their father the devil. He told them they were hypocrites. He told them their temple would be destroyed.
He said; for God so loved the world (everybody)- as in the whole world - everyone. A woman taken in adultery; forgiven. Sin is an abomination and God is a righteous God that the wicked shun and scorn turning their backs on Him to do as they please.
All have sinned; but the unbelief will place you with the wicked because you have forsaken the true and living God. Judaism will not provide salvation; only Jesus' atoning finished work is adequate. You will stand before Him soon and give account - regardless, you will give an account. After this life it is too late to change, you will be judged according to this life.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/upload...
Disciple of Jesus

United States

#54057 May 3, 2013
God gave Israel their space and Jesus came just as prophesied per Daniel exactly when to the date listed. Daniel's prophecy was 70 Sabbaths. It began in 457 BC and ended in the 70th Sabbath with the ushering into the Kingdom of the Gentiles.

Do the math and read the scriptures: Jesus was born in September (probably the ninth, per Luke 2 and was crucified ~Passover 30 AD and 40 yrs later the temple was destroyed via the providence of God.

God has kept His promises - all of them. Additional short reads; Eze 8 and Jer 3.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#54058 May 3, 2013
Disciple of Jesus wrote:
God gave Israel their space and Jesus came just as prophesied per Daniel exactly when to the date listed. Daniel's prophecy was 70 Sabbaths. It began in 457 BC and ended in the 70th Sabbath with the ushering into the Kingdom of the Gentiles.
Do the math and read the scriptures: Jesus was born in September (probably the ninth, per Luke 2 and was crucified ~Passover 30 AD and 40 yrs later the temple was destroyed via the providence of God.
God has kept His promises - all of them. Additional short reads; Eze 8 and Jer 3.
Daniel is not a book of prophecy. All of the LEGITIMATE Messianic prophecies show that Jesus was NOT the Messiah, since he failed to fulfill MOST of them.
Disciple of Jesus

United States

#54059 May 3, 2013
You don't really have a clue do you......

Here's the Messianic prophecy to the year:
Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy. 25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times. 26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined. 27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Dan 9:24-27 (KJV) The whole thing was fulfilled in 490 years from the baptism of Jesus by John the Baptist to the stoning of Stephen and Paul. Why is it that those claiming not to know speak out of the other side of their mouth saying they do. Maybe you should pay closer attention to verse 24.
Disciple of Jesus

United States

#54060 May 3, 2013
After the number of the days in which ye searched the land, even forty days, each day for a year
Num 14:34 (KJV)

Now apply to Daniel and do the math: 457BC to Jesus' resurrection and the stoning of Stephen = 490 years fulfilling the 70 Sabbaths prophecy.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#54065 Jan 9, 2015
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
No thank you. Now please, take your unsolicited advice and STFU.
"what is this generation likened to? they're like peeps at a club who don't like anything the DJ spins for them. if he plays something happy, they frown and ask for something somber. if he plays something somber, they curse him and tell him to lighten up" - Jesus, my paraphrase:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#54066 Jan 9, 2015
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Gays to evangelicals: we don't want what you have!
See? It's all good.
as an ambassador for Christ, i can tell you; message received, you will have what you wish! altho, you can only speak for yourself in this matter!

as a born-again Christian, i had to repent of many things, including but not limited to being a fornicator, and so does a gay!:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#54067 Jan 9, 2015
dances with weebles wrote:
<quoted text>
two points in answer to your posts
homosexuals have no more to be forgiven for than do straights...
and very few evangelicals even know christ.
as 1 who repented of fornication (twisted or conventional, makes no difference) i agree that homosex-addicts need to repent just the same!:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#54068 Jan 9, 2015
gemelk wrote:
<quoted text>
Well. Thank you so much for the offer but I am a Jew (much like Jesus, especially on the social justice and equality issues, but I digress), and with profound respect for you and your faith, I must respectfully decline your offer.
To you I say "Baruch Hashem" and wish for you a long and happy life.
Now, if you will do me the kind favor of not inserting your religious views into the public forum and ballot box, I will do the same and we can then live our lives in mutual respect but also disagreeing as to our faiths, also in respect. It really is that easy. I won't trample on your rights as a citizen based on my faith if you agree to do the same.
Eric
sorry Eric, but no can do - because "the earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof, the world and everyone in it" - King David

BUT, i will say that i hope you don't project your homosex-addiction into public forums and ballot boxes, because it really really really adds to social decline and brings the wrath of God on the peoples!:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#54069 Jan 9, 2015
McMike wrote:
<quoted text>
Forgiveness for what?
The true evangelist believes homosexuals can only have an eternal life in Christ IF they stop "practicing" their God-given orientation. You know, it's AOK for them to divorce and remarry as many times as they want without giving their sin of adultery one thought but they definitely want to change whatever they deem fit in your "lifestyle".
you said - "Forgiveness for what?"

for being a 'natural deviant' like you admit you are, of course!

you see, homosex-addicition is not a "God given orientation" like you in your rebellious pagan mind-frame are suggesting, but instead it's the result of falling from God's grace. therefore, accepting His offer of grace is the only way out of your cowardly deviance:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#54071 Jan 9, 2015
)*(... just a lil something to keep y'all interested before you go off cruising elsewhere!;-)

“I try to be nice... Truly”

Since: Jan 15

Location hidden

#54072 Jan 19, 2015
Venus_Rearmed wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, the messiah would need to be from the line of kings (descendant of David.) Which is the big snowball at the beginning of Matthew: his line was traced through Joseph, and if the virgin birth were true, he would not be of the line of Joseph but only of Mary. So either there was no virgin birth (and he isn't the messiah) or he's not from the line of David (and he isn't the messiah.)
Virgin birth is impossible.
It never happened.

Having faith that a woman had a baby without being inseminated is absolutely mind-boggling.

Location hidden

#54073 Jan 19, 2015
Western1 wrote:
<quoted text>Nope. Just the angels and demons. The rest are fairy tale.
Where do these angels and demons exist? Outside of space and time? Is that what you people are claiming nowadays?

Mmm. Then why would any being (assuming it to be conscious) outside of space and time (assuming that is even theoretically possible) care about a puny human, on a planet of which is infinitesimally small in terms of our own galexy.

In terms of the universe....

Seriously?

Location hidden

#54074 Jan 19, 2015
Western1 wrote:
<quoted text>It's the way He chose to do it. I seems to require faith on our part this way. As for the "changes" in translations:

"That whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish" or "That whoever believes in Him will not die"

Is not so big a difference to place doubt in my heart about the very existence of God.
So by believing in god... You, the sperm who won the race (out of millions), are going to be granted even more life!?

Wait.. for eternity!?

and what happens to the nonbelievers? Do they just. Die?

Wake up!

Location hidden

#54075 Jan 19, 2015
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>I AM SO GLAD I DONT LIVE IN LOS ANGELES, EVIL TOWN.IT'S NOT NORMAL TO BE GAY ......UGH
Lol! Very funny!

Location hidden

#54076 Jan 19, 2015
I can't believe people actually believe in the Bible.

I wish people knew how symbolic it actually is of the zodiac and astrology.

12 apostles, mary, constant use of the word "age"
Jesus fish, 2 fishermen reflects upon christ bringing the age of pisces

Moses telling the people on the mountain to stop worshipping the golden bull - aries (to look forward to the new age)

So much more

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#54077 Jan 20, 2015
NoahLovesU wrote:
I can't believe people actually believe in the Bible.
I wish people knew how symbolic it actually is of the zodiac and astrology.
12 apostles, mary, constant use of the word "age"
Jesus fish, 2 fishermen reflects upon christ bringing the age of pisces
Moses telling the people on the mountain to stop worshipping the golden bull - aries (to look forward to the new age)
So much more
dude said - "I can't believe..."

nuff said - book closed - bye bye ......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Southern Baptist Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) Sun Redeemed 4,059
News Your morning jolt: Mormonism is more like Islam... (Oct '11) Apr 30 Three Days 115
News Jerry Falwell Jr. cites his father in Trump end... Apr 15 Different Take 32
News Church-Sex Conference: Pastors should refuse to... Apr 15 Ricardo 19
News Florida Baptists send additional $500,000 to SB... Apr 10 Redeemed 2
The bible does not mention homosexuality Apr 10 Redeemed 4
Why do Southern Baptists dislike Catholics? (Feb '10) Apr 10 Redeemed 168
More from around the web