Debate: Islam is a Religion of Peace

Debate: Islam is a Religion of Peace

Created by joey on Dec 7, 2012

34 votes

Click on an option to vote

yes (Im muslim & allowed to lie google al-taqiyya)

No (look at stats on thereligionofpeace dot com)

yes (im a liberal leftist who has been fooled)

mohammed was a pedophile child molester

joey

UK

#1 Dec 7, 2012
Is the rise of terrorism and violence justifiably traced to the teachings of Islam, or is this call to war a twisted interpretation of the true Muslim faith?

&fe ature=g-high-rec

*_*
JATT

London, UK

#2 Dec 7, 2012
Joey are you a Christian
Fateh

Brampton, Canada

#3 Dec 7, 2012
Twisted interpretation definately. Alot of the Quran is open ended and can be interpreted as per the readers choice.

Islam has the potential to produce great thinkers such as Baba Farid and Bulleh Shah but can also produce individuals on the other end of the spectrum like the Mughals and Abdali.
Fateh

Brampton, Canada

#4 Dec 7, 2012
The problem these days is that Islam has been hijacked by the wahabis and salafist who are extremists. The more peaceful and tolerant sufi influence which was much stronger 100's of years ago is almost extinct.
Sucha Soorma

Europe

#5 Dec 7, 2012
Fateh
Brampton, Canada

You need to do some research on Sufis. Look at the order that was responsible for putting the Sikh 5th to death.
Fateh

Brampton, Canada

#6 Dec 7, 2012
Sucha Soorma
Derby, UK

Please elaborate on that topic.

Nevertheless, sufi's are a more peaceful and tolerant group then the wahabis and salafist sects.
joey

UK

#7 Dec 7, 2012
Fateh wrote:
The problem these days is that Islam has been hijacked by the wahabis and salafist who are extremists. The more peaceful and tolerant sufi influence which was much stronger 100's of years ago is almost extinct.
sufi'ism is not islam. It evolved through the fusion of other religions like Zoroastrianism, paganism etc then superimposed by islam but it is not islam.

Sufi's have been persecuted just like shia muslims are persecuted.

REAL MOSLUMS ARE sunni's

Just look at saudia arabia, woman are living like animals tied to a leash by the arab men

^ TRUTH hurts FACT
joey

UK

#8 Dec 7, 2012
Fateh
Brampton, Canada

Islam has not been hijacked, planes have been hijacked by sunni terrorists !!
Robert Singh

Everett, WA

#9 Dec 7, 2012
In Islam, Koran clearly writes there are only two "states of polity". The perfect State in which Muslims dominate and laws of Shariah are practiced,where infidels or Kafirs are treated as second class citizens and where they have to pay special taxes such as Jizya and no Muslim can be prosecuted for any crime such as rape,murder and theft committed against Kafirs.Also Kafirs are not allowed to open any new places of worship or allowed to repair old temples or churches without the consent of the State.
The second Polity is where Muslims are in minority and in this State, Mohammed has clearly, enjoined "the faithful" to understand that this is a "temporary or imperfect" State.Moreover, it is duty of every Muslim citizen living in this kind of State to change this imperfection by what ever means possible. Procreation,bribery,marriage conversion are the methods advocated in the Koran to alter this imperfect State.Also as the Muslim numbers grow then use war and massacres to convert the remaining Infidels till Islam is in the majority.
Koran makes no bones about how Mohammed saw the world order and the relationship between the Muslims and the Kafirs, with Muslim's foot always on the Kafir's throat.
Fateh

Brampton, Canada

#10 Dec 7, 2012
Robert Singh
Everett, WA

I think you will find the thread I just started "An interpretation of Jizya and Jihad by a renowed Islamic scholar" interesting. Check it out.
joey

UK

#11 Dec 7, 2012
Fateh wrote:
Twisted interpretation definately. Alot of the Quran is open ended and can be interpreted as per the readers choice.
Islam has the potential to produce great thinkers such as Baba Farid and Bulleh Shah but can also produce individuals on the other end of the spectrum like the Mughals and Abdali.
1400 years of history of islamic conquests of other countries that fell to islam dont lie. The history books those conquered civilization all add upto a picture of a violent islam

Watch this

&li st=LL3vBXGKeyjdehGMR9unjHsA &index=3
JATT

London, UK

#12 Dec 8, 2012
I am not sure that i agree with you fateh or joey. the reason that I say that is that you say that shias and sufis are the good guys and the wahabis are the bad guys. However wahabism is only 100 years old. Any acts of violent islam that you refer to took place before that period and Islam in reality has been benign in the last 100 years. The real crimes took place before that time and were committed by Shias such as the Fatimids who burnt down the church in jerusalem and therefore sparked the crusades and also in our country the Mughals who were invariably shias ( Babur claimed to be a shia) or sufi and they were the killers and the ones who carried out genocides.

As a result to blame the wahabs is a red herring and is allowing the real culprits the sufis to walk away scott free.

Also at the same time that i do consider the christian church also responsbile for genocide as happened in Latin America, Central and north america, new zealand and autralia and africa. Both these religions were involved in conquest and conversion. Both these religions followed an imperialist mission whereby there followers were being urged by their gods to go forward and convert and conquer the non muslim or non christians respectively.

So joey as you say the history books do not lie and muslims did conquer and convert and the Christians did conquer and convert.

The only religions that never conquered and converted were the Jews, Sikhs and Buddhists.

I left Hindus out as they forcefully reconverted the Buddhist who left Hinduism and also destroyed Buddhism in it's birth place india.

SO could we ask which religion is a religion of peace and as we are using history as evidence we can discount Christianity, Islam and Hindusim.

The question that remains are Judaism, Buddhism and Sikhism religions of peace.

These three religions do not carry the evil historical legacy of the other three. Though i am not sure if that is down to their inability. I guess Sikhi and Jew are small and maybe unable to conquer but Buddhism was a large religion but never conquered and converted.
Pak Jatt Soorma

Ivanhoe, Australia

#13 Dec 9, 2012
There are many peaceful aspects although some areas are ambiguous.
joey

UK

#14 Dec 9, 2012
Pak Jatt Soorma wrote:
There are many peaceful aspects although some areas are ambiguous.
Tell us the full story not just parts of it

mohammed was peaceful whilst in mecca but when he got kicked out and went to medina he became angery hense the peaceful verses got superseded by violent verses known as abrogation

So islam is overall a violent religion
joey

UK

#15 Dec 9, 2012
Pak Jatt i know you support islam but you should study it deeper

Aint it better to support a prophet with better credentials than mohammed?

abu bakar didnt want mohammed to marry his duaghter to him he protested that he is his brother (bukhari hadith) but he had no choice as anyone that disagrees with mohammed gets put to the sword.

be like this pakistani ex muslim watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
porkfoot muhammad pigbuh

Anonymous Proxy

#16 Dec 9, 2012
you people, except for joey, do not do your research on islam, muhammad, quran, hadith, sira, sunnah, and sharia. islam is an evil doctrine against anything non-islamic and sufism is not true islam. sufism originated from Egypt to disguise their old mystical traditions in islam when they were conquered by the barbaric arabs. the word sufi cannot be found in the quran, hadith, sira, sunnah, and sharia. sufism became popular and spread throughout the muslim world. sufis get persecuted because sunni muslims and other orthodox muslims see sufis as blasphemous towards islam because poetry and music is illegal in islam. muhammad said so in the hadith.

muhammad killed those who insulted him. muhammad had sex slaves. muhammad had sex with his daughter in law and took her away from his adopted son.8 muhammad promised his backward followers 72 beautiful virgins and river of wine and other earthly pleasures if they died for islam. muhammad advocated lying for the purpose of islam. muhammad had sex with a 9 year old when he was 54 years old. muhammad and his followers massacred many tribes offensively and had sex with the traumatized women. muhammad insulted other religions but could not take insults from others. muhammad killed a 120 year old Jewish man for criticizing him. when one of his followers killed a pregnant woman for abusing muhammad, muhammad was pleased. muhammad forced mecca (originally pagan place) to be the holy place of islam just like muslim leaders after him have done the same to other religions. muhammad looted caravans from peaceful merchants and traders, even during the sacred month in which all arab tribes agreed not to go to war. muhammad broke treaties.

MUHAMMAD DID MANY EVIL THINGS AND PEOPLE LIKE ALI SINA AND ROBERT SPENCER NAMED THEM ALL IN THEIR BOOKS WHICH IS HUGE.

only dumb people can follow such a fraud. i am a better person than muhammad, so muslims should follow me. hahaha.
Salman Mohammed

UK

#17 Dec 9, 2012
Mohammed, PBUH was sexual with his child bride

This is taught to all Islam and men in Muslim school

Girls are Islam, Imam and the men play things. White or hindu girls only. Muslim Islam girls to be locked up and honour rites applied to naughty ones.

Allah Ho Akbar
joey

UK

#19 Dec 12, 2012
islam is a death cult woman are equal to half of that of a man

woman are slaves of this world and the hereafter

all moslem woman need to leave this sexist religion

poor moslem women killed her self becuase of backwards islam

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/469...
Harinder

Bangalore, India

#21 Dec 15, 2012
A muslim woman is denied the basic right to get
1) Educated.
2) Not to wear Burqua.
3) Cannot marry a non muslim.
4) Cannot have boy friends.
joey

UK

#22 Dec 16, 2012
the only way islam can be peaceful is if this happens

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m270/Vikin...

inshallah lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sikh Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Only MILFS from TMKOC 2 min ret 4
delhi gay ful masti wid safe plac (Jun '15) 4 min top 3 5,119
hai koi mote tagde gand wali pyasi housewife ji... 5 min ajeet8871430102 12
kiski maa ki gaand sabse baade hai? (Aug '15) 8 min Prakashxn 599
pyasi housewife (Jun '15) 31 min mota land 26,638
Are Jhanjua Rajpoot or Jatt's? (Jan '11) 31 min Better than you 135
Hyderabad wife threesome (Jul '15) 35 min mushlim 8inch lund 18
More from around the web