Sikh 'branded daughter a whore'

Sikh 'branded daughter a whore'

There are 23 comments on the Driffield Today story from Feb 7, 2011, titled Sikh 'branded daughter a whore'. In it, Driffield Today reports that:

A traditional Sikh from Telford struggled to accept his daughter's relationship, branding her a tramp and a whore, her brother has told a court.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Driffield Today.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Guru Ram Das

Chatham, UK

#1 Feb 10, 2011
A traditional Sikh from Telford struggled to accept his daughter's relationship, branding her a tramp and a whore, her brother has told a court.

Gurmeet Singh Ubhi, 54, strangled his 24-year-old daughter Amrit at the family home in Shropshire on September 7 last year.

He claimed he got into a struggle with his daughter when he was woken up after a nightshift by her playing music too loud, Leicester Crown Court has heard.

On Friday Amrit's brother Harmeet Ubhi said his father struggled to accept her relationship with serving soldier Stuart Loakes and regularly tried to make matches for her with Sikh men.

He said: "He was struggling to cope with the fact she was in a relationship with Stuart. He was constantly trying to set her up with other guys, Sikh guys.

"He was trying to explain to her it doesn't work with Sikhism. They would get heated, to the point that they would turn into arguments."

The court heard that Ubhi was estranged from his wife Satinder, daughter Amrit and son Harmeet after they broke up in 1997. He went on to re-marry but was jailed after attacking his second wife with a chisel.

His son told the court that his family reconciled with his father while he was in prison, and he went on to live with them.

On Christmas Day in 2009 - also Satinder Ubhi's birthday - police were called after an argument broke out in the house over furniture having been moved, Mr Ubhi said, with his father insulting Amrit in Punjabi. "It got to the point where he was not scared of implying she was a tramp or a whore," he said.

Amrit's boyfriend, Mr Loakes, a serving soldier with 2nd Battalion the Rifles, said he met her through his schoolfriend Harmeet. He joined the Army in 2003, when he was 23, and started a relationship with Amrit when he was about 26, he told the court.
Kuldip Kaur Sidhu

UK

#2 Feb 10, 2011
Very sad but very common story where Sikh men try to control womens right to choose, I hope every Sikh reading this learns there is one rule for sikh men and another for women
Salma Haider

Delhi, India

#3 Feb 10, 2011
Kuldip Kaur Sidhu wrote:
Very sad but very common story where Sikh men try to control womens right to choose, I hope every Sikh reading this learns there is one rule for sikh men and another for women
no sister u r wrong dont be optimistic of bu*lshit religion Pisslam and dont act like a prostit*te barking at every issue in the forum.I m fed up of this dirty religion pisslam and thinking of converting.Its better to be a who*e than be a puslim.
Major Mandeep

UK

#4 Feb 10, 2011
Salma Haider wrote:
<quoted text>no sister u r wrong dont be optimistic of bu*lshit religion Pisslam and dont act like a prostit*te barking at every issue in the forum.I m fed up of this dirty religion pisslam and thinking of converting.Its better to be a who*e than be a puslim.
we all know you are some RSS barking rabid dog let lose on internet to create discord and havoc between religious communities. You RSS kutay need to keep away from Sikhi or we will hang you by your kacha. This is a promise machod RSS kutay!
yaar punjabi

Keysborough, Australia

#7 Feb 15, 2011
DIS GIRL IS HAVING A WHITE BOYFRND BUT AT D SAME TIME C HOW MANY WHITE N PAKI GIRLS ARE MARRYING SIKH BOYS DAILY IN UK
Tyagi

Chandigarh, India

#12 Feb 16, 2011
Wow, my mistake I arrived here. No connection between the title and the commens down here.

Btw, if anyone has a soft angle toward Islam, notable Pakistani Punjabi Wahhabi Islam, go listen to Anjum Chaudhry. He is sitting on Govt aid right in UK.

Allright, please continue fighting.

All Pakistanis to be deported.
Joey

Brentford, UK

#13 Feb 16, 2011
Tyagi wrote:
Wow, my mistake I arrived here. No connection between the title and the commens down here.
Btw, if anyone has a soft angle toward Islam, notable Pakistani Punjabi Wahhabi Islam, go listen to Anjum Chaudhry. He is sitting on Govt aid right in UK.
Allright, please continue fighting.
All Pakistanis to be deported.
Anjem choudray should be praised, if it wasn't for him there would be no English Defence League... that 'broke the camel's back'

Now muslim immigration will be stopped soon and muzzies will be sent back home

haha
Tyagi

Chandigarh, India

#14 Feb 17, 2011
Joey wrote:
<quoted text>
Anjem choudray should be praised, if it wasn't for him there would be no English Defence League... that 'broke the camel's back'
Now muslim immigration will be stopped soon and muzzies will be sent back home
haha
Lol, it's funny what you said but so true. Agreed, Sir!

Way to go EDL, they got my support here
Salma Haider

Chandigarh, India

#15 Feb 20, 2011
fugee wrote:
<quoted text>
why is this randi talking about islam it clearly says sikh and its I Sikh topix. dumba$$ hindu randi
ur mom is randi madrchod
Tyagi

Chandigarh, India

#16 Feb 20, 2011
fugee wrote:
<quoted text>
why is this randi talking about islam it clearly says sikh and its I Sikh topix. dumba$$ hindu randi
does it hurt? dumba$$ sulla
raj Nihang Bidhichandiye

Slough, UK

#17 Feb 20, 2011
Major Mandeep wrote:
<quoted text> we all know you are some RSS barking rabid dog let lose on internet to create discord and havoc between religious communities. You RSS kutay need to keep away from Sikhi or we will hang you by your kacha. This is a promise machod RSS kutay!
stop blaming rss for everything, its weird how some of the stuff they say is even in dasam granth,
look at bachittar natak the auto biography of guru maharaj!
everything in there tells us of guru jis lineage..

Gurbur akaal hi akaal!!
Tyagi

Chandigarh, India

#18 Feb 21, 2011
raj Nihang Bidhichandiye wrote:
<quoted text>
stop blaming rss for everything, its weird how some of the stuff they say is even in dasam granth,
look at bachittar natak the auto biography of guru maharaj!
everything in there tells us of guru jis lineage..
Gurbur akaal hi akaal!!
the same guy who can blame RSS for everything doesn't seem to have any guts to blame violent Anjum Chaudhry for he knows what's coming next, then, don't you "Major" Mandeep? Wonder what did you major in except mouthing profane language for anyone? anger management, maybe?
terry mardi

UK

#19 Feb 23, 2011
Choudhury does not represent democracy or Islam
Tyagi

Chandigarh, India

#20 Feb 25, 2011
terry mardi wrote:
Choudhury does not represent democracy or Islam
I do not care if he represnts Islam or not. I DO CARE about a lot of violent lunatics who follow him and will do anything to kill non Muslims. Btw, all his followers claim to be Muslims.

What he represents is a SICK PSYCHOPATHIC mindset. I am not PM of UK. If I were, he sure would have been jailed for life for promoting terrorism and hatred.

I am sure you would not mind to that, would you?
Cornwall-11

Leeds, UK

#21 Mar 10, 2011
So many morons on here, from as far out as India, too.

Firstly, Gurmeet Singh Ubhi is a Sikh who disapproved of his daughter's Western lifestyle and the fact that she was dating a white non-Sikh.

This tragedy was not reported on heavily because it does not serve the biased, Zionist and freemasonic media's agenda.

Had it been a Muslim, it would have been all over the place. For everyone's information, Islam and Sikhism do NOT proscribe this. No religion does. This, and all similar killings are murders and have nothing to do with religion. Do not confuse the actions with what the religion teaches- nowhere in Sikhism is this allowed, and the same goes for Islam. Thus just because an act is carried out by someone who follows a religion or has roots in that religion, it does not mean that his/her religion ordered it.

Stop debating like morons for once and wake up to the New World Order. This ignorance is becoming rife and it is frightening.

As for 'Anjem Choudary', a person in India is not really in a position to talk about him.

Firstly, Anjem Choudary DOES speak sense to an extent - he is truthful when he talks about the killings, rapings and attacks in Muslim lands, acts which we should all condemn. However, because it is HIM saying it, we are led by our governments and media to dislike and reject it.

Why? Because Anjem Choudary is an MI5 agent. He is a cartoon character employed by them to say the things he does, in the way he does, when he does, to reinforce the illusion that there's an enemy being fought in Afghanistan and to get the masses supporting an unwinnable, illegal war. It is also of use just to keep the masses in fear. Of couse, he does it in a distasteful way, but understand that any truth he does say is overshadowed by what the government wants us to think of him. I am a Muslim and he does NOT represent me.

Remember, falling for the tricks and bias in the media only benefits the Freemasons. They are establishing a New World Order you cannot deny existence of, and it is thanks to your sleepwalking and wanton ignorance that the world is in conflict, that your liberties are being eroded and that you are living in an open-air prison.
ABC

Kassel, Germany

#23 Jul 22, 2011
Tyagi wrote:
<quoted text>
the same guy who can blame RSS for everything doesn't seem to have any guts to blame violent Anjum Chaudhry for he knows what's coming next, then, don't you "Major" Mandeep? Wonder what did you major in except mouthing profane language for anyone? anger management, maybe?
Anjum chaudhary is not raping your mother in haryana, he has not stake in india or with indian affairs, so why are you bringing up a non issue. Chaudhary is a british citizen and his acts are limited to Britain having no effect whatsoever with punjab or haryana india.
ABC

Kassel, Germany

#24 Jul 22, 2011
And BTW Anjum chaudhary is on the payroll of british goverment, whatever he says he says intentionally at the orders of british secret agencies. There is a dirty game going on there.
Yaqub

UK

#25 Jul 22, 2011
Cornwall-11 wrote:
So many morons on here, from as far out as India, too.
Firstly, Gurmeet Singh Ubhi is a Sikh who disapproved of his daughter's Western lifestyle and the fact that she was dating a white non-Sikh.
This tragedy was not reported on heavily because it does not serve the biased, Zionist and freemasonic media's agenda.
Had it been a Muslim, it would have been all over the place. For everyone's information, Islam and Sikhism do NOT proscribe this. No religion does. This, and all similar killings are murders and have nothing to do with religion. Do not confuse the actions with what the religion teaches- nowhere in Sikhism is this allowed, and the same goes for Islam. Thus just because an act is carried out by someone who follows a religion or has roots in that religion, it does not mean that his/her religion ordered it.
Stop debating like morons for once and wake up to the New World Order. This ignorance is becoming rife and it is frightening.
As for 'Anjem Choudary', a person in India is not really in a position to talk about him.
Firstly, Anjem Choudary DOES speak sense to an extent - he is truthful when he talks about the killings, rapings and attacks in Muslim lands, acts which we should all condemn. However, because it is HIM saying it, we are led by our governments and media to dislike and reject it.
Why? Because Anjem Choudary is an MI5 agent. He is a cartoon character employed by them to say the things he does, in the way he does, when he does, to reinforce the illusion that there's an enemy being fought in Afghanistan and to get the masses supporting an unwinnable, illegal war. It is also of use just to keep the masses in fear. Of couse, he does it in a distasteful way, but understand that any truth he does say is overshadowed by what the government wants us to think of him. I am a Muslim and he does NOT represent me.
Remember, falling for the tricks and bias in the media only benefits the Freemasons. They are establishing a New World Order you cannot deny existence of, and it is thanks to your sleepwalking and wanton ignorance that the world is in conflict, that your liberties are being eroded and that you are living in an open-air prison.
Anjem Choudhury, is a bit of a dimwit, he's not an agent but has played into the whole bishbashbong
Deceitful Mullah

Horsham, UK

#26 Jul 22, 2011
Yaqub wrote:
<quoted text>
Anjem Choudhury, is a bit of a dimwit, he's not an agent but has played into the whole bishbashbong
Anjemn choudry is a true Muslim of Mohammed. He acts and behaves exactly like Mohammed did. At least he is truthful about his islamic beliefs unlike you other deceitful muslims who hide your true intentions and sugar coat Islam into something acceptable
mard singh

UK

#27 Jul 22, 2011
We all know that this kind of so called honour killing is very very very common among sullas not only in Pakiland but through out the sulla community in the world. it is less common among Sikhs and Hindus, in fact it is rare now.
In Sikh religion all Sikhs are free to make their own decision regarding their life as long as it does not harm any one else, this is unlike sulas.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sikh Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
biwi ki chudai gair mard se 10 min abc 1,006
hostel me kiss ne sex kiya hai 17 min neha 7
Ahmedabad hot gay pm here 29 min nikamma 3,237
kis kis ne gair mardo se sex kiya hai... apni s... 30 min Armaan 27
maa ki chudai Mast Wali whatup pe 1 hr farhaan 7
bahan chudai 1 hr Alok nine 421748986 15
mujhe apni mami ke bare me gandi baten karni hai 1 hr Alok nine 421748986 117
More from around the web