Job cuts swell ranks of homeless in J...

Job cuts swell ranks of homeless in Japan

There are 8 comments on the www.miamiherald.com story from Feb 16, 2009, titled Job cuts swell ranks of homeless in Japan. In it, www.miamiherald.com reports that:

In corporate Japan, losing your job can mean losing your home as well. As major companies cut their work forces in the economic downturn, many Japanese workers are finding themselves out on the street because they have to move out of company-run dormitories.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.miamiherald.com.

“Continually Updated from Net”

Since: Jan 07

A PBS place in an MTV world

#1 Feb 16, 2009
Sounds like time for Public Housing eh ?

The Government can then buy the Dorms

Help Out the Companies with Some Cash as Well
Analyst
#4 Feb 18, 2009
Asia soon will be hit hard by recession thanks to America.

China, India and Singapore...thanks to direct investment will go down like a house-card.

Whatever you do for the next 6 months...please save some money.
Okinawa

Hayward, CA

#5 Feb 18, 2009
The Japanese corporations had been making money for many years. I hope they had put some aside for the rainy days. Isn't the Japanese company famous for taking care of their workers for life.
CSI KL
#6 Feb 18, 2009
Okinawa wrote:
The Japanese corporations had been making money for many years. I hope they had put some aside for the rainy days. Isn't the Japanese company famous for taking care of their workers for life.
Japanese can take care of themselves unlike Americans...being pampared by Plasma, Ipod, Buick, Botox, American Idol, Israel, war etc..

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#7 Feb 18, 2009
Analyst wrote:
Asia soon will be hit hard by recession thanks to America.
China, India and Singapore...thanks to direct investment will go down like a house-card.
Whatever you do for the next 6 months...please save some money.
French troops called police are now enroute to Guadalope...breaking from BBC.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7897943.stm
romo

Matsudo, Japan

#8 Feb 18, 2009
SAD

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#9 Feb 20, 2009
CSI KL wrote:
<quoted text>
Japanese can take care of themselves unlike Americans...being pampared by Plasma, Ipod, Buick, Botox, American Idol, Israel, war etc..
Good try, but not really.
Not when Japan falls into group 2 on suicide:

Group 2 (a medium high suicide rate): Countries like Belgium (21), Finland (20) Switzerland (18), Austria (18] France (17.6), S. Korea (17.9) and Japan (23.8] too have a fairly high rate of suicide.
http://nitawriter.wordpress.com/2007/05/11/su...

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#10 Feb 20, 2009
And for an update on who is the highest now, that only fell into group 3 before:

http://in.ygoy.com/2008/09/11/high-suicide-ra...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shinto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
questions about shinto (Jan '07) Feb '16 redpaws 7
News Japan mourns passing of Tama, the cat stationma... (Jun '15) Jul '15 Kid_Tomorrow 3
News Where Buddhism and Shintoism meet (Feb '15) Feb '15 Hari Shankhar Man... 1
i want to know more about Shintoism? (Oct '14) Oct '14 sher-a -hind 1
News Japan's Princess Noriko of Takamado to marry an... (May '14) May '14 Ainu 1
News Troubled history fuel Japan-China tension (Apr '14) Apr '14 RayH 1
News Faith Forum: What religion does God follow? (Nov '12) Feb '14 Hilarious 47
More from around the web