The Return of Israel

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

#4843 Sep 5, 2012
Chris wrote:
Rockroller are you Danno in disguise??
I being suspecting the same!!!

But since he as DANNO ask himself as Rockroller and then he as Rockroller replies back to himself as DANNO, that would make him the most deceptive person in the forum, if that were to be the case !!!

Westerville, OH

#4844 Sep 5, 2012
Dennis wrote:
God's love may be unconditional, but His salvation isn't. Salvation is predicated upon obedience to the will, the Commandments, of God. The nation of Israel seen in the OT and at the time of Jesus Christ failed to obey the Commandments of God (reiterated in Dan. 9:24), which is why Jesus took the 'Kingdom' away from Israel and eventually gave it to another people (Matt. 21:43). Yet many say that the Commandments (the 10) were ended at the cross. IF this is the case then why would God (in the form of Jesus Christ) need to take the Kingdom away from Israel? After all, if obedience to His Commandments was 'washed away' by the blood of the Lamb then why would Jesus have needed to remove Israel as His Kingdom? Would not that entire Kingdom have been 'covered' by His blood?

Yet many here on this forum suggest that this is exactly what took place; that Israel was never held to that standard (the 10 Commandments) by God because God knew that it was impossible for Israel to keep them from the get-go. They believe this to be the same now as it was then. They say, "No one can keep the Commandments of God, and God knew this from the beginning, even in Eden".

If this is so the God truly is responsible for creating sin; and this is exactly what Satan wants the gullible and insecure to believe.

Jesus came to teach and to show that keeping the Commandments of God (all 10, no exceptions) not only is possible but necessary for salvation, as a demonstration of obedience to God in ALL things. Satan has cleverly twisted this concept, beginning in the Garden of Eden, in order to convince people that God really didn't mean what He told Adam and Eve, and that there is no punishment for disobedience to God.

This is teaching Lawlessness, and Jesus specifically warned of this in Matt. 24:11.

Israel is no longer the Kingdom of Heaven, and never will be again, because they (as a nation, not as individuals) disobeyed their King.
You seem to teach blind obedience to the Law devoid of its Spiritual essence!

The Law is Spiritual not literal!!!

We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin.(Romans 7:14)

Westerville, OH

#4845 Sep 5, 2012
DANNO wrote:
<quoted text>GrammyJ

The writer of HEBREWS says the OLD Covenant will SOON pass away for the NEW ONE! HEB 8: 13

Plz tell the readers when the OLD COVENANT PASSED AWAY as the WRITER of HEBREWS was NOT AWARE JESUS had died 7 + years earlier!#

I still believe GOD is PERFECT and his COVENANT is PERFECT and theres NOTHING about it that NEEDS CHANGING! NOTHING!

You need to allow GOD to WRITE his LAWS in your HEART AND MIND and STOP being a foolish person!

Dan
The Old Covenant passed SLOWLY from Old to New !!!

It takes time to write God's laws on people's heart !!!
Dennis

Yucaipa, CA

#4846 Sep 5, 2012
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to teach blind obedience to the Law devoid of its Spiritual essence!
The Law is Spiritual not literal!!!
We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin.(Romans 7:14)
No 'slave to sin' will ever be a member of the family of God. This is Pauline blaspheme.'Blind obedience' is an oxymoron (self-contradictory). True obedience to God's Laws cannot be blind.

(34) Jesus answered them,“Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is a slave to sin. (35) The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son remains forever. John 8:34-35.

There is NOTHING more literal than the result of not being obedient to the Law of God as defined in the 10 Commandments. The term 'Lake of fire' may be symbolic but the result is definitely literal - as in the second death, from which there is no return IF you have any SIN residing in you. Simply saying that your sins are 'covered' by the 'blood of the Lamb' does not mean that those sins have been completely removed from your life. That is only achieved through the process of Sanctification, of which Jesus speaks in HIS Gospel of the Kingdom.

United States

#4847 Sep 6, 2012
Dennis wrote:
<quoted text>No 'slave to sin' will ever be a member of the family of God. This is Pauline blaspheme.'Blind obedience' is an oxymoron (self-contradictory). True obedience to God's Laws cannot be blind.

(34) Jesus answered them,“Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is a slave to sin.(35) The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son remains forever. John 8:34-35.

There is NOTHING more literal than the result of not being obedient to the Law of God as defined in the 10 Commandments. The term 'Lake of fire' may be symbolic but the result is definitely literal - as in the second death, from which there is no return IF you have any SIN residing in you. Simply saying that your sins are 'covered' by the 'blood of the Lamb' does not mean that those sins have been completely removed from your life. That is only achieved through the process of Sanctification, of which Jesus speaks in HIS Gospel of the Kingdom.
You seen fixated in the letter and not in the spirit/heart!
Dennis

Yucaipa, CA

#4848 Sep 6, 2012
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
You seen fixated in the letter and not in the spirit/heart!
It is not I that has the 'fixation' about the Law, it is Jesus.

The central point of the Gospel of the Kingdom of which Jesus spoke so often and so eloquently is that a person must be INSIDE the Kingdom to be saved (John 3:5); and that in order to get into the Kingdom of Heaven a person must be 'born again': and to become 'born again' you must be obedient to the will of God (Rev. 12:17); and this obedience (as expressed by Jesus Himself) it that we must obey the 10 Commandments/Covenant of the Kingdom - the very Kingdom to which we wish to belong.

Our 'feelings' about God have NOTHING to do with whether we are saved, or not. It is our behavior toward God that shows our true motivation, not simply our saying 'I love you, God'. You can 'feel' saved but remain lost, because you can feel wonderful while believing a lie as if it is the truth. Emotions don't teach us truth, WORDS do.

(21) Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. John 14:21.

Since: Aug 10

Pacific Northwest USA

#4849 Sep 6, 2012
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
The New Covenant became effective when Jesus said, "It is finished" and died. At that moment all was fulfilled ("...till all be fulfilled." Matt. 5:18)
Dennis

Yucaipa, CA

#4850 Sep 6, 2012
GrammyJoanne wrote:
<quoted text>The New Covenant became effective when Jesus said, "It is finished" and died. At that moment all was fulfilled ("...till all be fulfilled." Matt. 5:18)
So when Jesus stated that "It is finished" sin was done away with, everlasting righteousness was brought into being on this earth, the 'Most Holy Place' was put back in it's original condition, and 'vision and prophecy' was sealed (Dan. 9:24).

My, your view of what is going on here on earth is a LOT different than mine.
Jesus is my brother

San Antonio, TX

#4851 Sep 6, 2012
Dennis wrote:
<quoted text>
So when Jesus stated that "It is finished" sin was done away with, everlasting righteousness was brought into being on this earth, the 'Most Holy Place' was put back in it's original condition, and 'vision and prophecy' was sealed (Dan. 9:24).
lol

You are a idiot.

But she is a stupid idiot.

lol

lol

lol
Jesus is my brother

San Antonio, TX

#4852 Sep 6, 2012
What do you have with you and her?

2 idiots with a whole lot of stupid between you.

lol

lol

lol
DANNO

London, UK

#4853 Sep 6, 2012
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
Martin

Many people this century had began to allow God to write his LAWS in their heart & mind. plz tell us, is the NEW COVENANT been fully implemented now or was it fully impletmented many centuries after Jesus died and before 1800? or it is still in the process of being fully implemented?
Paul did NOT believe the NEW Covenant was in force in ACTS 21: 26 and that was about 7-10 after jesus died and many years after his conversion story!?
I'd like to read your thoughts/beliefs on this matter.

Dan

Since: Aug 10

Pacific Northwest USA

#4854 Sep 6, 2012
Dennis wrote:
<quoted text>
And that is NOT my view. I've never said any of those things, nor have I intimated any of them. I certainly DON'T believe sin has been done away with! I keep stating over and over that we are unable to reach sinless perfection, becoming totally without sin, until Jesus comes and makes all things new (including you and me)!
DANNO

London, UK

#4855 Sep 6, 2012
GrammyJoanne wrote:
<quoted text>The New Covenant became effective when Jesus said, "It is finished" and died. At that moment all was fulfilled ("...till all be fulfilled." Matt. 5:18)
Grammy

According to HEB 8: 13 the NEW Covenant was NOT yet IMPLEMENTED!! and this was many years after Jesus said "IT WAS FINISHED" and AFTER the TEMPLE CURTAIN was TORN down !

Do you accept HEB 8: 13 or do you SECRETLY REJECT IT like you secretly REJECT ACTS 21: 26 & 1st Tim 2: 12-13 & 1st Cor 14: 34 on Women???

Dan

Westerville, OH

#4856 Sep 6, 2012
Dennis wrote:
<quoted text>It is not I that has the 'fixation' about the Law, it is Jesus.

The central point of the Gospel of the Kingdom of which Jesus spoke so often and so eloquently is that a person must be INSIDE the Kingdom to be saved (John 3:5); and that in order to get into the Kingdom of Heaven a person must be 'born again': and to become 'born again' you must be obedient to the will of God (Rev. 12:17); and this obedience (as expressed by Jesus Himself) it that we must obey the 10 Commandments/Covenant of the Kingdom - the very Kingdom to which we wish to belong.

Our 'feelings' about God have NOTHING to do with whether we are saved, or not. It is our behavior toward God that shows our true motivation, not simply our saying 'I love you, God'. You can 'feel' saved but remain lost, because you can feel wonderful while believing a lie as if it is the truth. Emotions don't teach us truth, WORDS do.

(21) Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. John 14:21.
Several points:

I never said EMOTIONS, but having the slaw written in the heart !!! That has absolutly nothing with to so with feelings or emotions but observing the law from the heart !!!

Dennie's said "It is not I that has the 'fixation' about the Law, it is Jesus."
To my comment about his, Dennis, fixation with the letter.

#2. Jesus did NOT had any fixation with the letter of the law, the opposite is true. Jesus wa fixated with the Spirit of the Law! The letter said "thou shall no kill" but the SPIRIT, from the heart, says the intentions of the heart, not the actions, is what really matter!

Westerville, OH

#4857 Sep 6, 2012
GrammyJoanne wrote:
Yes, buy the IMPLEMENTATION of the already effective covenant was a slow process !!

Paul confirmed it !

Westerville, OH

#4858 Sep 6, 2012
Dennis wrote:
<quoted text>So when Jesus stated that "It is finished" sin was done away with, everlasting righteousness was brought into being on this earth, the 'Most Holy Place' was put back in it's original condition, and 'vision and prophecy' was sealed (Dan. 9:24).

I agree with you Dennis, but for different reasons.

All will be sealed only when the angel says:

The seventh angel poured out his bowl into the air, and out of the temple came a loud voice from the throne, saying, "It is done!" (Revelation 16:17 NIV)

Westerville, OH

#4859 Sep 6, 2012
Jesus is my brother wrote:
<quoted text>lol

You are a idiot.

But she is a stupid idiot.

lol

lol

lol
Dennis, Grammy and I were having a respectful conversation until you buster in !
jonebgood

Abbotsford, Canada

#4860 Sep 6, 2012
DANNO wrote:
<quoted text>
Grammy
According to HEB 8: 13 the NEW Covenant was NOT yet IMPLEMENTED!! and this was many years after Jesus said "IT WAS FINISHED" and AFTER the TEMPLE CURTAIN was TORN down !
Do you accept HEB 8: 13 or do you SECRETLY REJECT IT like you secretly REJECT ACTS 21: 26 & 1st Tim 2: 12-13 & 1st Cor 14: 34 on Women???
Dan
Danno are seeing the light? You are quoting Paul.
jonebgood

Abbotsford, Canada

#4861 Sep 6, 2012
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
Dennis, Grammy and I were having a respectful conversation until you buster in !
Yes but responding to that individual is pointless. He puts in rows of threads that get 1 or 2 responses so he messes with other peoples threads.
DANNO

London, UK

#4862 Sep 6, 2012
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, buy the IMPLEMENTATION of the already effective covenant was a slow process !!
Paul confirmed it !
ClownMarty

You are making yourself look foolish/CLOWNISH with every post!

Did the OLD Cov end at the CROSS yes or no?

If you say yes then the NEW one should HAVE been IMPLEMENTED ON SAME DAY otherwise there would be NO COVENANT until it is FULLY IMPLEMENTED! Plz tell us how many years after the cross was the NEW Covenant given? Grammy and all other members say it was implemented same DAY Jesus DIED! Are they all wrong and you and Paul are RIGHT?

Paul said the NEW COVENANT was NOT YET implemented in ACTS 21: 26 and that was many YEARS AFTER JESUS DIED!

Acts 21:26
New International Version (NIV)

26 The next day Paul took the men and purified himself along with them. Then he went to the temple TO GIVE NOTICE of the date when the days of purification WOULD END and the offering would be made for each of them.

Hebrews 8:13
New International Version (NIV)
13 By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated WILL SOON DISAPPEAR.

THE ABOVE WAS WRITEN BY PAUL AND THIS WAS MANY YEARS AFTER JESUS DIED AND AFTER HIS CONVERSION!!

COMMENTS?

Dan

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seventh-day Adventist Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are all under the law? 2 hr YeshuaNotaJew -Go... 56
The Israeli Sabbath was NOT made for mankind / ... (Mar '15) 2 hr YeshuaNotaJew -Go... 790
DANNO has passed away 2 hr YeshuaNotaJew -Go... 88
Poll Where was Jesus' Spirit for 3 Days? 3 hr YeshuaNotaJew -Go... 115
Human Spirit & Soul Study 3 hr JesusWasNOTaJew -... 15
CAN Investigative Judgment be PROVEN (Jan '12) 3 hr Robert Two 3,448
How not to defileth the Sabbath ? (Aug '15) 4 hr JesusWasNOTaJew -... 75
More from around the web