God only gave the Sabbath to Israel
First Prev
of 73
Next Last
EGW

Denver, CO

#1473 Sep 22, 2012
The Sabbath was embodied in the law given from Sinai; but it was not then first made known as a day of rest. The people of Israel had a knowledge of it before they came to Sinai. On the way thither the Sabbath was kept. When some profaned it, the Lord reproved them, saying, "How long refuse ye to keep My commandments and My laws?" Exodus 16:28.

The Sabbath was not for Israel merely, but for the world. It had been made known to man in Eden, and, like the other precepts of the Decalogue, it is of imperishable obligation. Of that law of which the fourth commandment forms a part, Christ declares, "Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in nowise pass from the law." So long as the heavens and the earth endure, the Sabbath will continue as a sign of the Creator's power. And when Eden shall bloom on earth again, God's holy rest day will be honored by all beneath the sun. "From one Sabbath to another" the inhabitants of the glorified new earth shall go up "to worship before Me, saith the Lord." Matthew 5:18; Isaiah 66:23.

No other institution which was committed to the Jews tended so fully to distinguish them from surrounding nations as did the Sabbath. God designed that its observance should designate them as His worshipers. It was to be a token of their separation from idolatry, and their connection with the true God. But in order to keep the Sabbath holy, men must themselves be holy. Through faith they must become partakers of the righteousness of Christ. When the command was given to Israel, "Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy," the Lord said also to them, "Ye shall be holy men unto Me." Exodus 20:8; 22:31. Only thus could the Sabbath distinguish Israel as the worshipers of God.

As the Jews departed from God, and failed to make the righteousness of Christ their own by faith, the Sabbath lost its significance to them. Satan was seeking to exalt himself and to draw men away from Christ, and he worked to pervert the Sabbath, because it is the sign of the power of Christ. The Jewish leaders accomplished the will of Satan by surrounding God's rest day with burdensome requirements. In the days of Christ the Sabbath had become so perverted that its observance reflected the character of selfish and arbitrary men rather than the character of the loving heavenly Father. The rabbis virtually represented God as giving laws which it was impossible for men to obey. They led the people to look upon God as a tyrant, and to think that the observance of the Sabbath, as He required it, made men hard-hearted and cruel. It was the work of Christ to clear away these misconceptions. Although the rabbis followed Him with merciless hostility, He did not even appear to conform to their requirements, but went straight forward, keeping the Sabbath according to the law of God.
DANNO

London, UK

#1474 Sep 23, 2012
Shadrach wrote:
Do you comprehend? If Jesus had said:
The Sabbath was made for "MANKIND" then the Cannatites , Amorites, Kenites and all would be
keeping the Sabbath, would be told this by scriptual revelation.
ShadPOC

What day is the "LORDS DAY" in REVELATION?
a. Sunday

b. Saturday

c. Everyday

d. NO days

How many times have you said the LORDS PRAYER this year? is it MORE than 4 times yes or no?

Why does the LORDS PRAYER make you rattled and uncomfortable?

Dan
birdman

Arthur, IL

#1475 Sep 23, 2012
shadrach wrote:
<quoted text>
again, you created your own biblical world
God clearly distingusihes between the Jew and Gentile Christian
Two groups
31 Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. 32 Give no offense, either to the Jews or to the Greeks or to the church of God, 33 just as I also please all men in all things, not seeking my own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved. 1Cor 10
----------
And one group (the Israeli)is under their law, Rom 2;12
And another group is (the Christ follower) is under their law
Rom 2:16
----------
Now what ..........
think, you can create some more trash, I am sure you can
----------
And you took it upon yourself to spit on God clearly declaring He is going to make a New Covenant with Israel Heb 8
you spit on it
LIES AND TWISTING OF THE WORD OF GOD, which is Shadrach way.
DANNO

London, UK

#1476 Sep 23, 2012
birdman wrote:
<quoted text>
LIES AND TWISTING OF THE WORD OF GOD, which is Shadrach way.
Does GOD forvive UNREPENTED SINS by Christians?

Dan
birdman

Arthur, IL

#1477 Sep 23, 2012
DANNO wrote:
<quoted text>
Does GOD forvive UNREPENTED SINS by Christians?
Dan
God knows the heart and only He can answer that.
DANNO

London, UK

#1478 Sep 23, 2012
birdman wrote:
<quoted text>
Birdie

We all thought you KNOW ALL TRUTH about scripture and your GOD and on SALVATION? You give the IMPRESION that you KNOW all truth!!!

Why do you keep telling/ACCUSING members like Rocky is WRONG on many things that they post???

Is it POSSIBLE that ROCKY was RIGHT when you accused him of being wrong?

Waiting...

Dan
birdman

Arthur, IL

#1480 Sep 23, 2012
DANNO wrote:
<quoted text>
Birdie
We all thought you KNOW ALL TRUTH about scripture and your GOD and on SALVATION? You give the IMPRESION that you KNOW all truth!!!
Why do you keep telling/ACCUSING members like Rocky is WRONG on many things that they post???
Is it POSSIBLE that ROCKY was RIGHT when you accused him of being wrong?
Waiting...
Dan
When is against Scripture it IS WRONG, no matter how you look at it.

Since: Aug 08

Christchurch New Zealand

#1481 Sep 23, 2012
djconklin wrote:
>The Law of Moses was not kept from creation,
No one said that it was. You are confusing the Law of Moses with the 10K--they are NOT one and the same.
Even Joseph Smith had that right.

In the commandment to talks of creation and the day being from creation YET FEW TAKE THAT AS LAW.

Since: Aug 08

Christchurch New Zealand

#1482 Sep 23, 2012
birdman wrote:
<quoted text>
GOD only forgives those Christians who repent. As they know the rules.
GOD does not expect humans to be greater than GOD is.

If your brother repent forgive him.
Now that is written law.
DANNO

London, UK

#1483 Sep 23, 2012
birdman wrote:
<quoted text>
When is against Scripture it IS WRONG, no matter how you look at it.
But you dont produce scripture when you DISAGREE!!! True or am I lying?

Will GOD forgive UNREPENTED SINS by Shadrach, GRAMMY, DIANE & Christine especailly on the 4th commandment after we have shown them so many scripture, yes or no or dont know? I say NO!!

Shadrach does NOT REPENT! He admitted that last week!

He also REFUSES to say the LORDS PRAYER because he does NOT agree with the words in it. CAN God save him if he dies with that belief and mentality? yes or no? I SAY NO!

God CANNOT SAVE the decieved! agree?

Dan
DANNO

London, UK

#1484 Sep 23, 2012
robert two wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that is written law.
I AGREE 100%!

Dan
DANNO

London, UK

#1485 Sep 23, 2012
robert two wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that is written law.
St Terrilyn insulted both my late parents 2 years ago! Both my parents were dead when she SINNED against them! I have asked her to stop several times and to apologise but SHE REFUSED! Can GOD forgive her UNREPENTED SIN yes or no? I say NO.

If she apologises from the HEART and REPENTS to GOD that is a different story.

Dan
birdman

Arthur, IL

#1486 Sep 23, 2012
DANNO wrote:
<quoted text>
But you dont produce scripture when you DISAGREE!!! True or am I lying?
Will GOD forgive UNREPENTED SINS by Shadrach, GRAMMY, DIANE & Christine especailly on the 4th commandment after we have shown them so many scripture, yes or no or dont know? I say NO!!
Shadrach does NOT REPENT! He admitted that last week!
He also REFUSES to say the LORDS PRAYER because he does NOT agree with the words in it. CAN God save him if he dies with that belief and mentality? yes or no? I SAY NO!
God CANNOT SAVE the decieved! agree?
Dan
I have given this Scripture many times before.

Hebrews 6:4-6 "for it is impossible"
Solomon

Denver, CO

#1487 Oct 8, 2012
He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Rockroller

Yucaipa, CA

#1488 Oct 8, 2012
Solomon wrote:
He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Yes. God's law (ten commandments) are for His Kingdom. At the time it was given, Israel was called the KoH. Now, the KoH is another group of people as found in Matt. 25:1-13 and the law or ten commandments are for them. It's the 'law of the land' for the KoH. You don't keep all of them, then you will NOT be in this Kingdom of Heaven. It's just that simple.
Lay Worker

Perth, Australia

#1489 Oct 8, 2012
birdman wrote:
<quoted text>
I have given this Scripture many times before.
Hebrews 6:4-6 "for it is impossible"
poor effort

try again, the readers are not interested in
the leader of the birdmania sect
birdman

Mattoon, IL

#1490 Oct 8, 2012
Lay Worker wrote:
<quoted text>
poor effort
try again, the readers are not interested in
the leader of the birdmania sect
LW, go study your GARBAGE from ALF
Red

O Fallon, MO

#1492 May 16, 2013
Shadrach wrote:
God gave the Law(Mosaic)to Israel and No other Nation or people.
9 He has revealed his word to Jacob,
his laws and decrees to Israel.
20 He has done this for no other nation;
they do not know his laws." Ps 147;19
6 “For you are a holy people to the LORD your God; the LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for Himself, a special treasure above all the peoples on the face of the earth. 7 The LORD did not set His love on you nor choose you because you were more in number than any other people, for you were the least of all peoples; 8 but because the LORD loves you, and because He would keep the oath which He swore to your fathers, the LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you from the house of bondage, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt. Deut 7
----------
HERE IS ANOTHER REASON WHY HE GAVE JUST THEM, THE SABBATH
15 And remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt, and the LORD your God brought you out from there by a mighty hand and by an outstretched arm;
therefore the LORD your God commanded you to keep the Sabbath day. Deut 5
----------
The Sabbath Law
12 And the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, 13 “Speak also to the children of Israel, saying:‘Surely My Sabbaths you shall keep, for it is a sign between Me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I am the LORD who sanctifies you. 14 You shall keep the Sabbath, therefore, for it is holy to you. Everyone who profanes it shall surely be put to death; for whoever does any work on it, that person shall be cut off from among his people. 15 Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.
HERE IS A PERPETUAL COVENANT, JUST BETWEEN GOD AND ISRAEL
16 Therefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations as a perpetual covenant.
----------
When Jesus stated; The sabbath was made for man, many take this statement out of context,
as Jesus was referring to the Jewish man, since they were the only
ones who were given the sabbath, and the only ones of the family of God, for Christianty did not exist. You were either a Jew or Gentile
moreover, it makes Jesus a liar, for God did not give a Sabbath to the Cannaties or any other pagan nation or people. He did not give it to "mankind" as David Koot stated, Jesus said He gave it to man.
Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people.’
7 “For what great nation is there that has God so near to it, as the LORD our God is to us, for whatever reason we may call upon Him? 8 And what great nation is there that has such statutes and righteous judgments as are in all this law which I set before you this day? Deut 4
Here David Koot reads this scripture below;
9 He has revealed his word to Jacob,
his laws and decrees to Israel.
20 He has done this for no other nation;
they do not know his laws." Ps 147;19
and states;
There is no reference here to any covenant, nor is there any reference to the Sabbath, which was created at Creation, for mankind.
----------
Note: the word "laws" Ps 147:19 in Hebrew means Mosaic Law, which is the Law of Moses, which has the Ten C's which has the Sabbath commandment which God stated he gave to no other nation or people
Jesus said the Sabbath was made for man, not Jew or Gentile, but man

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 73
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seventh-day Adventist Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Repentace, Jesus' Style (Feb '16) 38 min Gerhard Ebersoehn 473
what is the secret about jesus hidden in the bo... 48 min Gerhard Ebersoehn 40
The response I get when I request to be disfell... (Mar '16) 52 min Zog Has-fallen 512
Calling people out of the SDA Church??? 1 hr Zog Has-fallen 35
How were the Angels, 24 elders, and the Four be... 1 hr germany05709 37
Tora in the New Testament 1 hr Lay Worker 16
S.D.A. and marriage 1 hr germany05709 50
WHY do SDA LOOSE so many MEMBERS! SHOCKING! 1 hr Lay Worker 117
+++ WHY ARE SABBATH HATERS ON a SDA FORUM +++ (Dec '13) 1 hr Gerhard Ebersoehn 821
Sabbath Keeping rules and regulations 5 hr Grammy 60
More from around the web