First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“South Africa”

Since: Nov 09

Port Elizabeth

#1 Jul 5, 2010
Wilson Calls Adventists to 'Go Forward'
Greetings from Obama read at Sabbath worship
3 Jul 2010, Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Mark A. Kellner, Adventist Review

Ted N. C. Wilson delivers his first sermon as president of the Adventist Church. In addressing attendees of final day of General Conference Session, he emphasized the Adventist Church as the remnant church and called for a recommitment to the writing's of church co-founder Ellen White.[photo: Josef Kissinger]
Addressing a crowd of 69,989 Seventh-day Adventists and friends, Ted N. C. Wilson, in his first Sabbath sermon as General Conference president, urged members to "go forward" in confidence through the days ahead.

Wilson's message -- delivered as he was surrounded by the Church's 13 division presidents, nine general vice presidents, and his two immediate predecessors -- came in a morning service where worshippers heard the fourth movement of Felix Mendelssohn's Symphony No. 5, the "Reformation Symphony," and where the world church leader read words of welcome from United States President Barack Obama.

"Throughout history, faith has shaped our philosophies, our perspectives, and our lives," Wilson read. "As we face the challenges and opportunities of this unique moment in history, may faith move us to unite in common cause to serve our fellow brothers and sisters.... I wish you all the best for a wonderful event."

Wilson began his sermon stressing the "heaven-directed journey" of the Seventh-day Adventist Church: "With the power of His truth, God has carved out of this chaotic world the Seventh-day Adventist Church. We are to be a peculiar people, God's remnant people, to lift up Christ, His righteousness, His three angels' messages of Revelation 14, and His soon coming," he said.

"God is the Creator and is to be worshiped on His Sabbath day as a sign of our loyalty to His Word and creative power," Wilson said, adding later, "Brothers and sisters, look to the Almighty God who can take you through anything you will face in the future. Never lose your full confidence and trust in Him. Always obey His command to 'Go Forward.'"

"God has a plan for your life and for this church," Wilson urged the massive crowd. "Never doubt the destiny of this mighty Advent movement. It is in God's hands. God has given us prophetic instruction to know the culmination of the great controversy -- God is the Victor."

The new world church leader also stated, "Go Forward in lifting up Christ and proclaiming God's grace; Go forward in presenting the three angels' messages; Go forward in pleading for revival and reformation; Go forward in following the Bible as it reads; Go forward in reading and adhering to the counsel of the Spirit of Prophecy; Go forward in proclaiming to the world the good news of salvation and the imminent second coming of Jesus Christ."

After cautioning against adopting unscriptural fads in end-time ministry, Wilson mentioned some specifics: "We must be vigilant to test all things according to the supreme authority of God's Word and the council with which we have been blessed in the writings of Ellen G. White.

Don't reach out to movements or megachurch centers outside the Seventh-day Adventist Church which promise you spiritual success based on faulty theology. Stay away from non-biblical spiritual disciplines or methods of spiritual formation that are rooted in mysticism such as contemplative prayer, centering prayer, and the emerging church movement in which they are promoted."

Instead, he said, believers should "look within the Seventh-day Adventist Church, to humble pastors, evangelists, Biblical scholars, leaders, and departmental directors who can provide evangelistic methods and programs that are based on solid Biblical principles and The Great Controversy theme."

Believers were also cautioned to use discernment in worship styles: "Use Christ-centered, Bible-based worship and music practices in church services," Wilson said.

“South Africa”

Since: Nov 09

Port Elizabeth

#2 Jul 5, 2010
Believers were also cautioned to use discernment in worship styles: "Use Christ-centered, Bible-based worship and music practices in church services," Wilson said.

"While we understand that worship services and cultures vary throughout the world, don't go backwards into confusing pagan settings where music and worship become so focused on emotion and experience that you lose the central focus on the Word of God. All worship, however simple or complex should do one thing and one thing only: lift up Christ and put down self."

On a related issue, theological trends, Wilson said, "Don't succumb to fanatical or loose theology that wrests God's Word from the pillars of Biblical truth and the landmark beliefs of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
Don't be swayed with every little whim of 'new' theology or complicated time chart purporting to carefully explain unusual or obscure concepts that have little to do with our overall theology and mission. The historic Biblical beliefs of the Seventh-day Adventist Church will not be moved. The Biblical foundation will stand secure to the end of time."
Wilson also counseled his hearers to stand firm for what the Bible says about origins: "Don't go backwards to misinterpret the first eleven chapters of Genesis or other areas of Scripture as allegorical or merely symbolic. As just this week we have once again affirmed in an overwhelming manner, the Seventh-day Adventist Church both teaches and believes in the biblical record of creation which took place recently; in six literal, consecutive, contiguous 24 hour days," he said.

"The Seventh-day Adventist Church will never change its stand or belief in that foundational doctrine," Wilson added. "If God did not create this world in six literal days and then blessed the Sabbath day, why are we worshipping Him today on this seventh-day Sabbath as Seventh-day Adventists?"

Wilson also pointed his audience towards the Church's traditional understanding of scriptural interpretation: "Let Scripture be its own interpreter.
Our church has long held to the Historical-Biblical or historical-grammatical method of understanding scripture, allowing the Bible to interpret itself; line upon line, precept upon precept. However, one of the most sinister attacks against the Bible is from those who believe in the Historical-Critical method of explaining the Bible. This unbiblical approach of 'higher criticism' is a deadly enemy of our theology and mission," he said.
Additionally, Wilson also encouraged Adventists to remember the special gift God has given the Adventist movement.

"Accept the Spirit of Prophecy as one of the greatest gifts given to the Seventh-day Adventist Church not just for the past but even more importantly for the future," he said, referring to the writings of church co-founder Ellen White.

"While the Bible is paramount in our estimation as the ultimate authority and final arbiter of truth, the Spirit of Prophecy provides clear, inspired council to aid our application of Bible truth.
It is a heaven-sent guide to instruct the church in how to carry out its mission. It is a reliable theological expositor of the Scriptures." The Spirit of Prophecy is to be read, believed, applied and promoted."
However, he added, "it is not to be used as a "club" to beat people over the head, but it is to be regarded and employed as a marvelous blessing to direct God's church in the last days of this earth's history."

Wilson closed his message with a direct appeal: "I invite you to accept Christ's marvelous grace in your life, to renew your commitment to Him and this great Advent movement, to proclaim God's grace, and to ask the Lord to help this church 'Go Forward.'"

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#3 Jul 5, 2010
Is Wilson's emphasis on distancing the Church from the theory of evolution a rebuke of the only heresy in the Seventh-day Adventist Church or was it meant to be a prelude to eventually criticizing other heresies that are being promoted by prominent Adventists, such as pan-Gnostic Adventist spiritualism?
http://www.everythingimportant.org/seventhday...

“South Africa”

Since: Nov 09

Port Elizabeth

#4 Jul 5, 2010
Those things have been around for years! Remember Kellog?
Lay Worker

United States

#5 Jul 5, 2010
Jewinchrist wrote:
Those things have been around for years! Remember Kellog?
The Alpha of deadly heresies is no different to the Omega Sr WHite warned [trembled] and now found buried deep in the 27 FB's
Lay Worker

United States

#6 Jul 5, 2010
Ted Wilson speaks about faulty theology actually 'loose theology' and landmarks and belief of the New Theology is within the Church ... brings a lump to your throat ... yet Ted wont instigate change with the 28FB.

The historic foundations wont be moved inisist the new GC Pres, yet in 1980 the ministerial assoc at Dallas changed the doctrine of the Godhead and the Incarnation and the spritual gift of EGW to aspects never previously known as FB's.

Ted's father did not so agree about the historic foundations about the LH esp in the Reply Brief for the Defendant, p 4, case #C-74-2025 CBR. March 30, 1975.

Ted ventures to present ESPECIALLY of uplifting Christ's ministration of the Heavenly Sanctuary - another admission the church has lost its way and affirms what ALF has been saying or decades about the betrayal of the sacred trust. Then he introduces to say the 'waymarks are to be preserved' another admission the waymarks have been blistered and blurred and white- anted as EGW said would ocur.

" After the truth has been proclaimed as a witness to all nations, every conceivable power of evil will be set in operation, and minds will be confused by many voices crying, "Lo, here is Christ, Lo, he is there. This is the truth, I have the message from God, he has sent me with great light." Then there will be a removing of the landmarks, and an attempt to tear down the pillars of our faith." RH Dec 13, 1892

Ted confirms what Sr White said is true.

Ted avers ---- "Stand firm with the word of God AS IT IS LITERALLY READ AND UNDERSTOOD" that would make John 1:1-3 and kindred texts true [if] Ted means what he said.

After warning about the first 11 chptrs of Genesis being taught in Adventism as allegorical or symbolic within the SDA church Ted brought out the 24 hour creation wont changed and this will rancor the theistic evolutionists. Ted's seeming pleasant 'fresh' agenda will bring forth an internal schism within the structure.

Ted is saying the SDA church theologically is rotten to the core.

Ted also recognised and identified a massive problem with worship methods in the Church. He signaled an immediate challenge.

This presentation of the new GC Pres will be acceptable to various separated ministries such as Colin Standish at Hartland who are 'not in and not out' like treacherous sister Judah.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#7 Jul 5, 2010
Jewinchrist wrote:
Those things have been around for years! Remember Kellog?
Yes, but in those days the Church accepted the warning from Sister White and responded accordingly. Now the Church approves of false teachers, and a hierarchy ruling by their own authority, and they love it that way. See Jeremiah 5:30-31.
http://www.everythingimportant.org/dupery

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#8 Jul 5, 2010
Lay Worker wrote:
The Alpha of deadly heresies is no different to the Omega Sr WHite warned [trembled] and now found buried deep in the 27 FB's
Your statement proves that you grossly misunderstand Sister White and the heresy that John Harvey Kellogg taught.
http://www.everythingimportant.org/seventhday...

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#9 Jul 5, 2010
Jewinchrist wrote:
"Never doubt the destiny of this mighty Advent movement. It is in God's hands. God has given us prophetic instruction to know the culmination of the great controversy -- God is the Victor."
And the Seventh-day Adventist hierarchy will be mighty losers, according to Ellen G. White.
http://www.everythingimportant.org/EllenGWhit...
Lay Worker

United States

#10 Jul 5, 2010
Shubee wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, but in those days the Church accepted the warning from Sister White and responded accordingly. Now the Church approves of false teachers, and a hierarchy ruling by their own authority, and they love it that way. See Jeremiah 5:30-31.
http://www.everythingimportant.org/dupery
Actually E. Shubee - you have said on your [discussion forum]
you are not a Trintarian and yet you are. That's confusion. You would be able to confirm that one for us!

----------
Theological Controversy - Eugene says

This forum is for instruction on subjects of lesser importance: The nature of the Godhead, the human nature of Christ, spiritual gifts etc.

COMMENT - Lesser importance?- no wonder what you had to say about the Omega was trivial.

----------
GODHEAD subject

E Shubee says
"The answer to the ancient mystery, I believe, is to regard the Father as truly God and the Son of God and the Spirit of God as perfect representatives of the one true God.

COMMENT - that's purely PAPAL.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#11 Jul 5, 2010
Lay Worker wrote:
Actually E. Shubee - you have said on your [discussion forum] you are not a Trintarian and yet you are. That's confusion. You would be able to confirm that one for us!
Confirm what, your deliberate misrepresentation?
Lay Worker wrote:
- no wonder what you had to say about the Omega was trivial.
Thanks for admitting that you are obviously wrong.
Lay Worker wrote:
GODHEAD subject
E Shubee says
"The answer to the ancient mystery, I believe, is to regard the Father as truly God and the Son of God and the Spirit of God as perfect representatives of the one true God.
COMMENT - that's purely PAPAL.
Prove it in context. This is what I believe about the Godhead: http://everythingimportant.org/Godhead
Helen Hartman

Kent, OH

#12 Jul 5, 2010
The greatest TRUTH that has EVER come to the SDA church is what has already set THOUSANDS of members FREE...if you're still in prison after you have read it, you simply read it too fast...read it a FEW TIMES ...the name? Let The Truth Set Us Free...pull it from SCRIB or ask for a free copy from radiogoodhope@aol.com
This honest confession by a Conference Evangelist got the General Conferece re-evaluating some doctrines and they have changed at the Session to GRACE...but the change is too slow and freedom is ringing! Praise the Lord!
Wilson said EGWhite is a continuing guide for him.

“Preacher of Righteousness”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#13 Jul 5, 2010
And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.
veritas vos liberabit

Sydney, Australia

#14 Jul 5, 2010
Helen Hartman wrote:
The greatest TRUTH that has EVER come to the SDA church is what has already set THOUSANDS of members FREE...if you're still in prison after you have read it, you simply read it too fast...read it a FEW TIMES ...the name? Let The Truth Set Us Free...pull it from SCRIB or ask for a free copy from radiogoodhope@aol.com
This honest confession by a Conference Evangelist got the General Conferece re-evaluating some doctrines and they have changed at the Session to GRACE...but the change is too slow and freedom is ringing! Praise the Lord!
Wilson said EGWhite is a continuing guide for him.
the holy spirit never lie to me and the holy spirit tell me to be careful with you because you do not teach Gods will and you are dangerous man. the holy spirit reveal this to me about you and holy spirit never lie to me the holy spirit never lie tells me you are very dangerous
the holy spirit never lie and the holy spirit told me you are
veritas vos liberabit

Sydney, Australia

#15 Jul 5, 2010
veritas vos liberabit wrote:
<quoted text>
the holy spirit never lie to me and the holy spirit tell me to be careful with you because you do not teach Gods will and you are dangerous man. the holy spirit reveal this to me about you and holy spirit never lie to me the holy spirit never lie tells me you are very dangerous
the holy spirit never lie and the holy spirit told me you are
i not live in Point Clare, Australia. this person using my topixname.

“Preacher of Righteousness”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#16 Jul 5, 2010
veritas vos liberabit wrote:
<quoted text>
the holy spirit never lie to me and the holy spirit tell me to be careful with you because you do not teach Gods will and you are dangerous man. the holy spirit reveal this to me about you and holy spirit never lie to me the holy spirit never lie tells me you are very dangerous
the holy spirit never lie and the holy spirit told me you are
1 day I said to the Lord...look at those evil people over there.

He said to me,

do not worry, I will not judge you for what they do,

have no fear,

I thought to myself,

I had better repent from my own sins.
veritas vos liberabit

Sydney, Australia

#17 Jul 5, 2010
Pastor Samuel Coleridge wrote:
<quoted text>
1 day I said to the Lord...look at those evil people over there.
He said to me,
do not worry, I will not judge you for what they do,
have no fear,
I thought to myself,
I had better repent from my own sins.
you admit you have sins you not repent of yet?
Lay Worker

United States

#18 Jul 5, 2010
Shubee wrote:
<quoted text> Confirm what, your deliberate misrepresentation?
This is what I believe about the Godhead: http://everythingimportant.org/Godhead
Hwre is E Shubee speaking

E Shubee - discussion forum
Is Eugene a Trinitarian or non-Trinitarian

http://www.everythingimportant.org/SDA/viewto...

[I can’t label myself a non-Trinitarian because every non-Trinitarian I know of either denies the Divinity of Jesus or the Personhood of the Third Person of the Godhead, or both. I accept both. Likewise, I shouldn’t label myself a Trinitarian because every Trinitarian I know insists on describing God in a language that I believe is decidedly misleading and unbiblical.]

So what is E Shubee really saying?

----------
ES - states

[The answer to the ancient mystery, I believe, is to regard the Father as truly God and the Son of God and the Spirit of God as perfect representatives of the one true God.]

The above summation is Arian.

----------

ES

[This is clear precedent that the comparison between the Word and God in John 1:1 may also be representational.]

Comment --- May also be representational? Evidently E Shubee has more to say

[How can there be a representational aspect? Consider John 1:1. Why is the Son called the Word of God?(Rev 19:13). I say it means that the Son is the revealed will and mind of God. Equating the word of God with Christ is clearly saying that Christ is the perfect spokesperson and representative of God.

You mustn’t just read John 1:1. You must interpret it also. The question has been asked: is there a representational aspect present in John 1:1? Not only did I answer in the affirmative but I pointed out exactly where the representational aspect was.]

COMMENT
Denigrating the Eternal Logos is not good business and walking around in filthy sandals. Jesus said He was the eternal "I AM" and not once spoke about any representational aspect prior to Bethlehem nor should Jon be deduced as so saying. Again Arian in thought. In oter words YOU MUST READ JOHN 1:1 according to E Shubee.

It was also noted his web page on Trinity Mystery was updated July 5.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#19 Jul 5, 2010
Lay Worker wrote:
Hwre is E Shubee speaking
E Shubee - discussion forum
Is Eugene a Trinitarian or non-Trinitarian
http://www.everythingimportant.org/SDA/viewto...
[I can’t label myself a non-Trinitarian because every non-Trinitarian I know of either denies the Divinity of Jesus or the Personhood of the Third Person of the Godhead, or both. I accept both. Likewise, I shouldn’t label myself a Trinitarian because every Trinitarian I know insists on describing God in a language that I believe is decidedly misleading and unbiblical.]
So what is E Shubee really saying?
You claimed that I'm a Trinitarian. Is that what you are trying to prove?
Lay Worker wrote:
ES - states
[The answer to the ancient mystery, I believe, is to regard the Father as truly God and the Son of God and the Spirit of God as perfect representatives of the one true God.]
The above summation is Arian.
First you said that I was Trinitarian and then purely papal. Now you say that my view is Arian. If you misrepresented me before, because you were confused, perhaps you still are confused.
Lay Worker wrote:
ES
[This is clear precedent that the comparison between the Word and God in John 1:1 may also be representational.]
Comment --- May also be representational?
Are you now revealing yourself to be a Grammar Nazi?
Lay Worker wrote:
Denigrating the Eternal Logos is not good business and walking around in filthy sandals. Jesus said He was the eternal "I AM" and not once spoke about any representational aspect prior to Bethlehem nor should Jon be deduced as so saying. Again Arian in thought.
You are dishonestly ignoring my Scriptural references that prove representative aspects.
http://everythingimportant.org/Godhead/
Lay Worker wrote:
In oter words YOU MUST READ JOHN 1:1 according to E Shubee.
No, I defer to William Barclay on John 1:1.
http://everythingimportant.org/Godhead/
Lay Worker wrote:
It was also noted his web page on Trinity Mystery was updated July 5.
There is still a google cache of http://everythingimportant.org/Godhead/ available. I'm certain that you would like to scrutinize the older edition for errors and significant changes.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#20 Jul 5, 2010
Shubee I agree with Lay Worker.

I do NOT agree with you that every non~Trinitarian either denies the Divinity of Jesus or the Personhood of the Third Person of the Godhead, or both.

That is so NOT true!!!!



On your site you wrote :

I can’t label myself a non-Trinitarian because every non-Trinitarian I know of either denies the Divinity of Jesus or the Personhood of the Third Person of the Godhead, or both. I accept both. Likewise, I shouldn’t label myself a Trinitarian because every Trinitarian I know insists on describing God in a language that I believe is decidedly misleading and unbiblical.

~~~~~~~~~~

Well Shubee you are either a Trinitarian or a non-Trinitarian ~ Well which is it? You can only choose one.

WOW you have your feet in both camps just in case!!

The truth is you cannot label yourself either a Trinitarian or a non-Trinitarian because you do not have the true Spirit of God dwelling in you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seventh-day Adventist Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SDA main PILLAR coming DOWN! (May '14) 1 hr 10commandments 3,396
Rev. 13:11 - What do the two horns mean ? 2 hr 10commandments 63
iS IT WRONG TO WORSHIP GOD ON SUNDAY? (Mar '10) 2 hr sitka happy 5,032
At the Tomb 7 hr 10commandments 16
EXAMPLE of one in a CULT 9 hr JesusWasNOTaJew -... 2,377
Ben Carson is a Seventh-day Adventist: 6 predic... 9 hr JesusWasNOTaJew -... 3
The Investigative Judgement is False Doctrine 10 hr Saved By Grace 150
More from around the web