Azazel =Scapgoat
First Prev
of 11
Next Last
birdman

Mattoon, IL

#1 Feb 16, 2013
How did Azazel become Satan, when there is no Scripture to say so.

Since: Jul 09

St. Paul

#3 Feb 16, 2013
"... the main sacrificial offering on that day [of Atonement] was termed "the Lord's goat." Two goats were used, but one (for Azazel) was not a sacrifice. Its blood was not shed. Only the blood of the "Lord's goat" provided the cleansing and atoning blood."
====
"The words, one lot for Jehovah and one for Azazel, require unconditionally that Azazel should be regarded as a personal being, in opposition to Jehovah." Keil, Carl Friedrich; Delitzsch, Franz: Commentary on the Old Testament. Peabody, MA : Hendrickson, 2002, S. 1:586

Since: Jul 09

St. Paul

#4 Feb 16, 2013
"R. Menachem interprets Azazel of Samael, the angel of death, the devil, the prince that hath power over desolate places: there are several Christian writers of great note, that understand this of the devil, as Origen F2, among the ancients;" in John Gill's commentary @ http://www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/g...
"Far from involving the recognition of Azazel as a deity, the sending of the goat was, as stated by Nachmanides, a symbolic expression of the idea that the people's sins and their evil consequences were to be sent back to the spirit of desolation and ruin, the source of all impurity. The very fact that the two goats were presented before God before the one was sacrificed and the other sent into the wilderness, was proof that Azazel was not ranked with God, but regarded simply as the personification of wickedness in contrast with the righteous government of God." From Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azazel
Easton Dictionary Scapegoat = Azazel
ThayerÂ’s Concordance Scapegoat = Azazel
Webster Dictionary Scapegoat = Azazel
EGW Great Controversy Scapegoat = Azazel
Word Origin & History Scapegoat = Azazel
Wikipedia encyclopedia Scapegoat = Azazel
birdman

Mattoon, IL

#5 Feb 16, 2013
The Hebrew Azazel is not a proper name.

The ancient technical term was for the removal of sin and guilt of the community that was symbolizes by the sending away of the other goat.

"ez" = goat

"azel" = to go away or goat that departs.
Debbie Reid

Apple Valley, CA

#6 Feb 16, 2013
Conklin is CORRECT on this one!

Why throw the dice on TWO goats if they BOTH represented Jesus? Satan paid for the CAUSATIVE origin of sin.

The entrance of sin in the world caused TWO problems:1. the PENALTY FOR sin (Jesus paid that for us, but did not STOP sin) 2. the ultimate eradication OF SIN. Satan will pay for his own sin as well as for CAUSING sin Rev 20:15

Thanks to Mr Fish for this clear understanding.
birdman

Mattoon, IL

#7 Feb 16, 2013
No where in Scripture does Satan make an ATONEMENT for sin or have any part in it.

Both Goats were without Blemish and Spotless.

Satan was not inocent, nor without blemish nor was spotless.

Laying on of hands symbolizes the transferance of sin to the innocent, in this case it was the other spotless and unblemished goat which became the sin bearer. Lev 16:21
birdman

Mattoon, IL

#8 Feb 16, 2013
Debbie Reid wrote:
Conklin is CORRECT on this one!
Why throw the dice on TWO goats if they BOTH represented Jesus? Satan paid for the CAUSATIVE origin of sin.
The entrance of sin in the world caused TWO problems:1. the PENALTY FOR sin (Jesus paid that for us, but did not STOP sin) 2. the ultimate eradication OF SIN. Satan will pay for his own sin as well as for CAUSING sin Rev 20:15
Thanks to Mr Fish for this clear understanding.
No Scripture here.
Lay Worker

Myrtleford, Australia

#9 Feb 16, 2013
birdman wrote:
No where in Scripture does Satan make an ATONEMENT for sin or have any part in it.
Both Goats were without Blemish and Spotless.
Satan was not inocent, nor without blemish nor was spotless.
Laying on of hands symbolizes the transferance of sin to the innocent, in this case it was the other spotless and unblemished goat which became the sin bearer. Lev 16:21
Chickmeatmanure is saying Jesus is Azazel

Chickmeatmanure is an SDA!
birdman

Mattoon, IL

#10 Feb 16, 2013
Lay Worker wrote:
<quoted text>
Chickmeatmanure is saying Jesus is Azazel
Chickmeatmanure is an SDA!
Here is "chickmeatmanure reply to LW.

"price of a dog"[ Deut 23:18] has nothing to do with the canine variety but rather likens homosexuals to dogs.
birdman

Mattoon, IL

#11 Feb 16, 2013
Lay Worker wrote:
<quoted text>
Chickmeatmanure is saying Jesus is Azazel
Chickmeatmanure is an SDA!
No Bible here just Ignorance!!!
birdman

Mattoon, IL

#12 Feb 16, 2013
Seems no-one yet has posted any Biblical proof of what the believe.

Shame
Lay Worker

Myrtleford, Australia

#13 Feb 16, 2013
birdman wrote:
No where in Scripture does Satan make an ATONEMENT for sin or have any part in it.
Both Goats were without Blemish and Spotless.
Satan was not inocent, nor without blemish nor was spotless.
Laying on of hands symbolizes the transferance of sin to the innocent, in this case it was the other spotless and unblemished goat which became the sin bearer. Lev 16:21
Chickmeatmanure is saying Jesus is Azazel

Chickmeatmanure is an SDA!
birdman

Mattoon, IL

#14 Feb 16, 2013
birdman wrote:
The Hebrew Azazel is not a proper name.
The ancient technical term was for the removal of sin and guilt of the community that was symbolizes by the sending away of the other goat.
"ez" = goat
"azel" = to go away or goat that departs.
It seems some need to study instead of putting there GARBAGE in like LW.

AZAZEL is not a proper name.
Lay Worker

Myrtleford, Australia

#15 Feb 16, 2013
birdman wrote:
No where in Scripture does Satan make an ATONEMENT for sin or have any part in it.
Both Goats were without Blemish and Spotless.
Satan was not inocent, nor without blemish nor was spotless.
Laying on of hands symbolizes the transferance of sin to the innocent, in this case it was the other spotless and unblemished goat which became the sin bearer. Lev 16:21
FryChicklikemanure is saying Jesus is Azazel

FryChicklikemanure is an SDA!
birdman

Mattoon, IL

#16 Feb 16, 2013
Lay Worker wrote:
<quoted text>
FryChicklikemanure is saying Jesus is Azazel
FryChicklikemanure is an SDA!
Roundmouth still has no Bible here.
j bates

Lake Elsinore, CA

#17 Feb 16, 2013
The atonement consists of two parts: forgiveness and penalty AND destruction of sin. That is why TWO goats were used and lots were cast. Azazel means DEMON and not Savior!
birdman

Mattoon, IL

#18 Feb 17, 2013
j bates wrote:
The atonement consists of two parts: forgiveness and penalty AND destruction of sin. That is why TWO goats were used and lots were cast. Azazel means DEMON and not Savior!
No Bible Proof here
birdman

Mattoon, IL

#19 Feb 17, 2013
How does Jesus fulfill being sent away?

This the next question but no-one has proven anything from Scripture and word meaning yet.
birdman

Mattoon, IL

#20 Feb 17, 2013
birdman wrote:
The Hebrew Azazel is not a proper name.
The ancient technical term was for the removal of sin and guilt of the community that was symbolizes by the sending away of the other goat.
"ez" = goat
"azel" = to go away or goat that departs.
AMEN on being Correct
DANNO

London, UK

#21 Feb 17, 2013
birdman wrote:
How did Azazel become Satan, when there is no Scripture to say so.
We have covered this point several times! Why do you bring it up again? Can't you think of a better topic to start a THREAD?

I'm still waiting for you to give your reply to post No1 in my new thread that I OPENNED today. Your answer in post No5 was PURE BIRD MANURE!

click> http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/seventh-d...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seventh-day Adventist Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 7th Day: Fact and Fiction 37 min Earburner 764
Satan Heads the Church of Ellen White Denigration 1 hr Zog Has-fallen 263
Witnessing to JW's? 5 hr Lay Worker 156
Jesus stated Ten C's was their JEWISH LAW (Aug '13) 8 hr SDAMustObey7thDay 880
Is Jesus Sabbath 8 hr SDAMustObey7thDay 114
OC not TC 10 hr 10commandments 32
The 4th Commandment is a Covenant with Israel N... (Oct '12) 11 hr 10commandments 3,117
More from around the web