Yucaipa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

This is a wonderful and neutral topic that I think we can all enjoy. Each of us has our own beliefs as to why Jesus came here to this earth, and I (for one) would love to read some of them, and maybe add them to my own list of reasons. It would be helpful to me for you to give a verse or two of Scripture when you make your comments, although just what you believe would be good, too. No responses allowed, just your own comments. I'll start.

Jesus came to bring the light of truth to the world:

Jesus answered,“You say that I am a king. For this purpose I was born and for this purpose I have come into the world—to bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth listens to my voice.” John 18:37.

And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their deeds were evil. (20) For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed.(21) But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his deeds have been carried out in God.” John 3:19-21.
Blackberry

Brampton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

The sun was shining long before he came.
Dennis

Yucaipa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Blackberry wrote:
The sun was shining long before he came.
PLEASE, play nice. This is an opportunity to unified in something, at least I hope so. Please write only positive thoughts. Thanks.

Since: Aug 10

Pacific Northwest USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Here's what the Bible says about the reason Jesus came in Matthew 1:21 (NASB)

"She will bear a Son; and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins."
Rockroller

San Bernardino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

GrammyJoanne wrote:
"She will bear a Son; and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins."
Can you identify who "His people" are?
Dennis

Yucaipa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

GrammyJoanne wrote:
One of my favorites. There are lots more, so keep going, this is great.
Rockroller

San Bernardino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Blackberry wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the RCC, His people are the Italians.
The white people of Europe MAY enjoy salvation but only at the discretion of the Pope. Everyone else has to walk with a machete to clear their own way to the pearly gates.
Incidentally, the evangelicals believe that you have to fall down, wiggle, dance and babble in Babel to reach there.
The world is a very confusing conundrum of cacophonous doctrines. Recently another group came up with an easy and broad way: cut the Bible down to less than half its size. "You won't have to know too much," they say.
It's clear to all of us BB that you are intent to destroy truth. Your posts are rotten to to core. They have already been reported as abusive.
Dennis

Yucaipa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

I regret starting this thread because of the ugly intent of some of the posters. My idea in this was to provide a way for all of us to share something personal that would not require defending it against attack. I guess I was wrong. So I will leave this thread to you who are only interested in WINNING a fight, not winning a friend.
Blackberry

Brampton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Rockroller wrote:
<quoted text> It's clear to all of us BB that you are intent to destroy truth. Your posts are rotten to to core. They have already been reported as abusive.
How can I destroy truth when I speak the truth?

There was an ulterior motive in starting this thread, a veneer of honesty barely disguising a rotten desire to draw others into your theological whirlpool. Like a serpent slithering in, blending in with the environment but seeking a chance to strike, so this thread was formed among the many here.
Dennis

Yucaipa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Blackberry wrote:
<quoted text>
How can I destroy truth when I speak the truth?
There was an ulterior motive in starting this thread, a veneer of honesty barely disguising a rotten desire to draw others into your theological whirlpool. Like a serpent slithering in, blending in with the environment but seeking a chance to strike, so this thread was formed among the many here.
I was not sure if I should respond you this mean spirited post, but I decided I must. You are wrong about my motive in setting up this thread. This was an opportunity for EVERYONE to post something that was meaningful to them. Blackberry, you have turned this thread into some just plain mean.

I'm gone.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

GrammyJoanne wrote:
Very good Grammy. I so do agree!!!
jimo

Molalla, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Rockroller wrote:
<quoted text> Can you identify who "His people" are?
Yes you can , they will have love for one another , you shall know them by their fruits [action].
Rockroller

San Bernardino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

jimo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you can , they will have love for one another , you shall know them by their fruits [action].
What do you mean 'by their fruits'? Do not the Muslims have love for one another?

I need something more solid than this as there are many people who love one another. After all, what was it that Jesus said NOT to think why He came here to do?

Matt. 10:34 "Do NOT think that I came to bring peace on the earth;I did NOT come to bring peace, but a sword." And- that because of Him a man's household will be his own worst enemies!

Golly gee whiz! All of you out there who sing the words "peace on earth and good will towards men" must be joking!

Nope, it MUST be something special and specific that those who are called "His people" do or not do! Could Rev. 12:17 be a clue?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

32 Users are viewing the Seventh-day Adventist Forum right now

Search the Seventh-day Adventist Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Ten Commandments were not given to Adam and Eve (Jul '13) 12 min Shadrach 2,337
THE SWEET LIE by SATAN THAT CANNOT BE REJECTED ... (Dec '13) 15 min Shadrach 127
Armeggedon Now Must See Video 43 min Pioneer 101
GOD SPOKE to ME IN A DREAM 488 (May '13) 58 min radrave 9
The FIRST time a Sabbath was made Known (Jan '14) 2 hr Gerhard Ebersoehn 1,735
...The number OF A MAN 3 hr Earburner 206
Fred Coulter on stage TopixSDA .... 3 hr Shane Rohrich 28
MANY SDA's believe WEDNESDAY Crucifixion, WHY? (Feb '11) 4 hr Gerhard Ebersoehn 2,998
I resigned my SDA CULT membership, now I am fre... 13 hr DANNO 143
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••