Crazy Baptist

Blythewood, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2010

If we are all to believe the Creation story as a record of events, true and accurate then where did the Gentiles come from?

CB
Crazy Baptist

Blythewood, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2010

Was Cain's wife a Gentile?

Genesis 4:17

CB
Arbajo

Sarnia, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2010

Judged:

The Gentiles came from the nations. The nations were the first people that God created. See Gen. 1:26-28. The nations believed a lie told by Satan and fell. God then created Adam and Eve to restore the nations to righteousness. If Adam and Eve had not disobeyed God, they would have taken the truth to the Gentiles and God's glory would have filled the earth.

God then brought a people out of Egypt to be his Kingdom but they too failed. Today the Kingdom of God is asleep. The question is ... will they ever wake up and hear the truth that God wants to teach them?
David Koot

Fremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2010

Arbajo wrote:
The Gentiles came from the nations. The nations were the first people that God created. See Gen. 1:26-28. The nations believed a lie told by Satan and fell. God then created Adam and Eve to restore the nations to righteousness. If Adam and Eve had not disobeyed God, they would have taken the truth to the Gentiles and God's glory would have filled the earth.
God then brought a people out of Egypt to be his Kingdom but they too failed. Today the Kingdom of God is asleep. The question is ... will they ever wake up and hear the truth that God wants to teach them?
Nope. All people on the planet came from Adam and Eve. There was not a second creation. There are two accounts of creation in Genesis, ch. 2 is the rabbinical account.
Arbajo

Sarnia, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2010

David Koot wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. All people on the planet came from Adam and Eve. There was not a second creation. There are two accounts of creation in Genesis, ch. 2 is the rabbinical account.
Then where do the races come from? How do two people of the same race produce black, chinese, white etc. offspring? God created the races as described in Gen. 1 26-28.

Are you saying that it is possible for a pure bred black couple to give birth to a white child?
Terrilyn

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2010

Arbajo wrote:
<quoted text>
Then where do the races come from? How do two people of the same race produce black, chinese, white etc. offspring? God created the races as described in Gen. 1 26-28.
Are you saying that it is possible for a pure bred black couple to give birth to a white child?
Obviously you have not read the Bible, just making jabs in the darkness out of your own opinions...Never heard of the tower of Babel?
Crazy Baptist

Blythewood, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2010

Judged:

Guys and Sister Terrilyn, I knew these would be thought provoking questions when I asked them.

Could we please try and put on our thinking caps and rightly devide this Word?

I don't know the answers pertaining to this. The only evidence that the Word offers is a conversation between God and Cain and then that was (as I see it) shrouded in mystery.

Here was their conversation:

Genesis 4:13-17 4Cain said to the Lord,“My punishment is more than I can bear.

14Today you are driving me from the land, and I will be hidden from your presence; I will be a restless wanderer on the earth, and whoever finds me will kill me.”

CB asks: Who was Cain refering to here? Where did these people he is talking about come from? Are they the Gentiles? Why were they not mentioned in the creation story?

15But the Lord said to him,“Not soe; if anyone kills Cain, he will suffer vengeance seven times over.” Then the Lord put a mark on Cain so that no one who found him would kill him.

CB asks: Again we see God mentioning and confirming that there was indeed people other than Adam, Eve and Cain. Where did these people come from? Are they the Gentiles?

16So Cain went out from the Lord’s presence and lived in the land of Nod,f east of Eden.

CB asks: Who built Nod? Who lived there?

17Cain lay with his wife, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Enoch.

CB: Cain did what? Where did his wife come from? Cronologically at this point we have been told, according to the creation account, that there should have been only Adam, Eve, Cain and Abel and Abel was killed. Was Cain's wife a gentile?

CB
Arbajo

Sarnia, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2010

Terrilyn wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you have not read the Bible, just making jabs in the darkness out of your own opinions...Never heard of the tower of Babel?
I read the bible every day. At the tower of Babel God confused the languages and scattered the people abroad. Where does it say that He changed their race or confused their DNA? If you take a Chinese man out of China and move him to the USA will he change into a white man or a black man or an American Indian? According to you we should all look like the American Indians by now.

I agree with CB there are some interesting clues given to us in Genesis. Here is another one... who named the four rivers mentioned in Gen. 2:10-14?
robert two

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2010

Judged:

Crazy Baptist wrote:
If we are all to believe the Creation story as a record of events, true and accurate then where did the Gentiles come from?
CB
The sONS of GOD married the daughters of CAIN
Crazy Baptist

Blythewood, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2010

robert two wrote:
<quoted text> The sONS of GOD married the daughters of CAIN
This does not settle the matter Rob.

From Genesis 1 to Genesis 4 were are told the creation story, correct?

In those verses we are lead to believe (and I do) that it is told cronologically.

The problem arises in Genesis 4.

Gen 1-3 tells us that we have God creating Adam out of the dirt. Eve from Adams rib and Cain and Abel from Adam and Eve knowing each other.

That makes 4 humans as I count. Then Cain slew Abel leaving 3 humans on earth.

So.....Where did Cain's wife come from in Genesis 4?

Who are the people that Cain is scared will kill him?

Why does God confirm that those people exist yet never told us how they got here (on earth) or where they came from?

CB
robert two

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2010

Crazy Baptist wrote:
<quoted text>
This does not settle the matter Rob.
From Genesis 1 to Genesis 4 were are told the creation story, correct?
In those verses we are lead to believe (and I do) that it is told cronologically.
The problem arises in Genesis 4.
Gen 1-3 tells us that we have God creating Adam out of the dirt. Eve from Adams rib and Cain and Abel from Adam and Eve knowing each other.
That makes 4 humans as I count. Then Cain slew Abel leaving 3 humans on earth.
So.....Where did Cain's wife come from in Genesis 4?
Who are the people that Cain is scared will kill him?
Why does God confirm that those people exist yet never told us how they got here (on earth) or where they came from?
CB
The Hebrew method of counting was not to count females only young men. So CAIN & ABLE had sisters lol.
Crazy Baptist

Blythewood, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2010

Judged:

robert two wrote:
<quoted text> The Hebrew method of counting was not to count females only young men. So CAIN & ABLE had sisters lol.
OK LOL

But...those sisters are listed as being born after Cain left for Nod with his wife so....even if Cain married his sister as you suggest, cronologically something is still off.

And that still leaves the question; who was Cain afraid of? Who was God refering to punishing if they killed Cain?

Makes one wonder.

CB
Just about

Wauconda, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2010

Judged:

Cain did not marry his sister. Cain took a nonadamic female for a wife. Only white man kind came from adam and eve. Noahs flood was regional not world wide.
KoalaGums

Seven Hills, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2010

Judged:

IMHO the difference between Jews and Gentiles began after the Flood. The descendants of Ham and Japheth became the Gentiles.

The sons of Japheth; Gomer, and Magog, and Madai, and Javan, and Tubal, and Meshech, and Tiras. 3 And the sons of Gomer; Ashkenaz, and Riphath, and Togarmah. 4 And the sons of Javan; Elishah, and Tarshish, Kittim, and Dodanim. 5 By these were the isles of the Gentiles divided in their lands; every one after his tongue, after their families, in their nations.

The Jews were descendants of Shem, that's why they are still called Semites.
KoalaGums

Seven Hills, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2010

The quote is Genesis 10:2-5
Crazy Baptist

Blythewood, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2010

KoalaGums wrote:
The quote is Genesis 10:2-5
Very interesting!

Genesis 10:5 does explain alot but that leaves me with as many questions as I started with:

1) Gen 10:5 cronologically is way down the line from the creation story, correct?

2) We still haven't reasoned who Cain's wife was or where she came from.

3) We still are yet to answer who Cain feared killing him or why God had to mark Cain to keep these mystery people from killing him.

4) Who created those people?

New Questions

1) If Ham and Japheth were descendents of Noah who was a descendent of Adam what was the deciding factor in God's eyes to make some of the descendents of His created into gentiles?

CB
Crazy Baptist

Blythewood, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2010

Just about wrote:
Cain did not marry his sister. Cain took a nonadamic female for a wife. Only white man kind came from adam and eve. Noahs flood was regional not world wide.
Interesting that someone agreed with you even though the bible gives a totally different account.

CB
SamBee

Tuscaloosa, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2010

KoalaGums wrote:
IMHO the difference between Jews and Gentiles began after the Flood. The descendants of Ham and Japheth became the Gentiles.
The sons of Japheth; Gomer, and Magog, and Madai, and Javan, and Tubal, and Meshech, and Tiras. 3 And the sons of Gomer; Ashkenaz, and Riphath, and Togarmah. 4 And the sons of Javan; Elishah, and Tarshish, Kittim, and Dodanim. 5 By these were the isles of the Gentiles divided in their lands; every one after his tongue, after their families, in their nations.
The Jews were descendants of Shem, that's why they are still called Semites.
Shalom,

Correct!!!

As you can see who ever judged your post reject the truth.The sons of Ham are not called Gentiles.

Genesis 10
1Now these are the generations of the sons of Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth: and unto them were sons born after the flood.

2The sons of Japheth; Gomer, and Magog, and Madai, and Javan, and Tubal, and Meshech, and Tiras.

3And the sons of Gomer; Ashkenaz, and Riphath, and Togarmah.

4And the sons of Javan; Elishah, and Tarshish, Kittim, and Dodanim.

5By these were the isles of the Gentiles divided in their lands; every one after his tongue, after their families, in their nations.

Seven Sons of Japheth:Gentiles

1. Javan (Greece, Romans, Romance -- French, Italians, Spanish, Portuguese)
2. Magog (Scythians, Slavs, Russians, Bulgarians, Bohemians, Poles, Slovaks, Croatians)
3. Madai (Indians & Iranic: Medes, Persians, Afghans, Kurds)
4. Tubal (South of Black Sea)
5. Tiras (Thracians, Teutons, Germans, Scandinavian, Anglo-Saxon, Jutes)
6. Meshech (Russia)
7. Gomer (Celtic)
SamBee

Tuscaloosa, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2010

Shalom,

Where did Cain's wife come from? The Bible provides only one answer: Adam "had other sons and daughters" (Genesis 5:4).

Cain married one of his sisters.
SamBee

Tuscaloosa, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2010

Judged:

Arbajo wrote:
<quoted text>
Shalom,

Because Adam & Eve were black skinned people their Genes would have carried the dominate trait.

Black hair,+ dark eyes + dark skin = dominate traits.

Light hair,+ light eyes + light skin = recessive traits.

The recessive can come from the dominate, but the dominate cannot come from the recessive, or the Lighter one can come from the darker one, but the darker can not come from the lighter.

This is a scientific fact:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/306...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of50
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

42 Users are viewing the Seventh-day Adventist Forum right now

Search the Seventh-day Adventist Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The False Doctrine of 'Once Saved, Always Saved'. 13 min Shadrach 650
The FIRST time a Sabbath was made Known (Jan '14) 24 min Pioneer 1,230
Eahcaller 35 min Pioneer 19
A Message to Ex-Adventists 52 min Shane Rohrich 2
t THE BIG LIE BY PAUL (Nov '11) 57 min Shane Rohrich 130
3 Questions that frighten all SDA CULT members! 1 hr Saved By Grace 218
SUNDAY represents GOD who is LOVE (Aug '11) 3 hr Shadrach 4,460
the 2 wtinesses 5 hr Eyeswideopenq 31
Jesus said, I have MANY THINGS to tell you LATER 6 hr DANNO 76