So I have To Give Up My Pork Roast an...

So I have To Give Up My Pork Roast and Coffee?!!!

First Prev
of 30
Next Last
jumper

Morgantown, KY

#1 Oct 14, 2010
I was asked to join the SDA.But,really! An all veagble diet? Have you been to the store lately?

They told me that Ellen lady said in the latter days that meat and milk wouldn't be safe to eat or drink.
Well some of the stuff they spray on fruits and other produce would make you glow in the dark.

But I guess one needs to give up some things for faith.

I was assured that they have cooking classes,and the church happen's to own several large health food chains for my new lifestyle.

Since: Aug 08

Christchurch New Zealand

#2 Oct 14, 2010
being a vEGAN is not hard lol.
Faith has you getting rid of bad things u must think positive. it is the other way to not be an SDA u give up living correctly.
Rockroller

AOL

#3 Oct 14, 2010
jumper wrote:
I was asked to join the SDA.But,really! An all veagble diet? Have you been to the store lately?
They told me that Ellen lady said in the latter days that meat and milk wouldn't be safe to eat or drink.
Well some of the stuff they spray on fruits and other produce would make you glow in the dark.
I was assured that they have cooking classes,and the church happen's to own several large health food chains for my new lifestyle.
Hey Jumper, not sure where you are or who you are talking with but you do NOT have to give up your pork roast and coffee unless you want to. This is not found in the covenant--is it? Sure, most follow what others told them so this is why you hear SDA member do not eat meat. However, as I told you before, DO NOT LISTEN TO HUMANS! Follow ONLY the words of Jesus given to us by His eyewitnesses! Listening to anyone else, me included, IF it does not agree with what Jesus taught, might be dangerous to your soul.

I am not only a meat eater and coffee drinker, I am also a bow hunter and have been all my life. Many Adventists eat meat, but most take the kosher view that unclean animals found in Lev. are not to be eaten and they mistakenly believe it is a sin to eat them. Even in Isral's time it was not a sin to eat a pig, it was just called touching something unclean--not sinning! Just like a women with her period--she was unclean, but this was NOT a sin!

Science has proved that these diet laws were for the most part a smart thing for them since they did not have the equipment to cool, keep and cook animals that may have worms in them. Now we do have the equipment and Jesus said it is NOT what goes into the mouth that defiles one, it is what comes out of the mouth!

So come on in and have some fun and don't worry about what you eat or drink. It may not be good for you, but it will not be a sin!
Koala

Greystanes, Australia

#4 Oct 15, 2010
jumper wrote:
I believe your national anthem talks about the "land of the free". Right? So do what YOU want to do, not what the Adventist church tells you.

Plenty of people these days choose to be vegetarian, as is their right. IMHO if God had intended us to be strictly vego, He would not have given us front teeth like a carnivore's, similar to cats and dogs.
Jeffersonbc

Australia

#5 Oct 15, 2010
I've been a vegetarian since about the age of 8. I hated seeing chooks getting their heads cut off at Christmas and because I liked animals I thought it was hypocritical for me to eat them. So that's the reason I gave up eating meat. One of the best decisions in my life.

You don't have to be a vegan though, most sevvies aren't. You don't even have to be a vegetarian. It's about 50/50 in the sevvy church.

The roast pork however has to go along with lizards and seagulls and other unclean meats mentioned in Leviticus 11.

Actually a lot of SDA's health reform ideas came from E G White. The one about not drinking coffee is one example.

Of course she also got SDA's to give up smoking tobacco and what a great blessing that was,

Anyway all the best in your decision to live the SDA lifestyle. May be hard at first but you'll reap the health benefits in the future
Geniac

Martinsburg, WV

#6 Oct 15, 2010
Rockroller wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Jumper, not sure where you are or who you are talking with but you do NOT have to give up your pork roast and coffee unless you want to. This is not found in the covenant--is it? Sure, most follow what others told them so this is why you hear SDA member do not eat meat. However, as I told you before, DO NOT LISTEN TO HUMANS! Follow ONLY the words of Jesus given to us by His eyewitnesses! Listening to anyone else, me included, IF it does not agree with what Jesus taught, might be dangerous to your soul.
I am not only a meat eater and coffee drinker, I am also a bow hunter and have been all my life. Many Adventists eat meat, but most take the kosher view that unclean animals found in Lev. are not to be eaten and they mistakenly believe it is a sin to eat them. Even in Isral's time it was not a sin to eat a pig, it was just called touching something unclean--not sinning! Just like a women with her period--she was unclean, but this was NOT a sin!
Science has proved that these diet laws were for the most part a smart thing for them since they did not have the equipment to cool, keep and cook animals that may have worms in them. Now we do have the equipment and Jesus said it is NOT what goes into the mouth that defiles one, it is what comes out of the mouth!
So come on in and have some fun and don't worry about what you eat or drink. It may not be good for you, but it will not be a sin!
We all have freedom of choice. We are free to respect the Lord's temple (1 Cor. 6:19-20, 2 Cor 6:16), or defile it. These texts reveal the Lord's Sanctuary is here, in our bodies.
Andre

South Africa

#7 Oct 15, 2010
jumper wrote:
Giving up food is a faith issue?
Rom 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
Rom 14:2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.
Mat 11:19 The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children (And you are now more holy than Christ himself?)
1Ti 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
1Ti 4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
1Ti 4:3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
1Ti 4:4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:

Be sure that you only follow what the Bible teach. Research whether Ellen White meets the requirements for a prophet.
Doug SDA

AOL

#8 Oct 15, 2010
Pork worm disease.

According to the CDC, infection from the Pork tapeworm, which is found worldwide, occurs most often in rural, developing countries with poor hygiene where pigs are allowed to roam freely this allows the tapeworm infection to be completed and the cycle to continue.

The risk for U.S. citizens has been considered rare due to strict food processing and handling regulations, especially for pork products, and generally high levels of hygiene.

The condition is very rare in Muslim countries where eating pork is forbidden.

"The cycle starts with a human that's infected with the Pork tapeworm.

Failure to wash hands after using the restroom can result in contaminating food and infecting further victims.

"These eggs hatch in the intestine and go through the gut-wall and into the circulation where they get stuck somewhere.

Doctors say washing hands, cooking meats thoroughly, especially pork, are the best ways to avoid the disease.

Trichinellosis,

also called trichinosis, is caused by eating raw or undercooked meat of animals infected with the larvae of a species of worm called Trichinella. Infection occurs commonly in certain wild carnivorous (meat-eating) animals but may also occur in domestic pigs.

What are the symptoms of a trichinellosis infection?

Nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, fatigue, fever, and abdominal discomfort are the first symptoms of trichinellosis. Headaches, fevers, chills, cough, eye swelling, aching joints and muscle pains, itchy skin, diarrhea, or constipation follow the first symptoms. If the infection is heavy, patients may experience difficulty coordinating movements, and have heart and breathing problems. In severe cases, death can occur.

Fatigue, weakness, and diarrhea may last for months.

Abdominal symptoms can occur 1-2 days after infection. Further symptoms usually start 2-8 weeks after eating contaminated meat. Symptoms may range from very mild to severe and relate to the number of infectious worms consumed in meat.

How does infection occur in humans and animals?

When a human or animal eats meat that contains infective Trichinella cysts, the acid in the stomach dissolves the hard covering of the cyst and releases the worms. The worms pass into the small intestine and, in 1-2 days, become mature. After mating, adult females lay eggs. Eggs develop into immature worms, travel through the arteries, and are transported to muscles. Within the muscles, the worms curl into a ball and encyst (become enclosed in a capsule). Infection occurs when these encysted worms are consumed in meat.

Am I at risk for trichinellosis?

If you eat undercooked meats, particularly pork, bear, wild feline (such as a cougar), fox, dog, wolf, horse, seal, or walrus, you are at risk for trichinellosis.

Leprosy or Hansen's disease.

One of the primary carrier of Leprosy in warm climates is the Swine.

The likely cause of the death of Herod the Great and the insanity and death of Antiochus Epiphaneswas was Pork tapworm.
Raoul

AOL

#9 Oct 15, 2010
God’s concern with what people eat begins with the first chapter of Genesis, where He prescribed the original diet. It resurfaces with surprising frequency throughout the Scriptures, having applications that involve both physical health and one’s service to God. The original diet was vegetarian, given in exact detail.“And God said,‘Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit, you shall have them for food’”(Gen. 1:29). Specific mention is made of an abundance of trees in Eden, including the tree of life, to all of which the first couple had access, with exception of a single fruit-bearing tree that God had reserved (Gen. 2:9). Of it, He told them,“You shall not eat.” Their disobedience in this point constituted the first sin. We note the connection between food and a moral issue.

Following the entrance of sin the original diet was expanded to include herbaceous plants as well as fruits and nuts; however, it remained vegetarian. Modern scientific studies continue to demonstrate both the adequacy and unique health advantages to be gained by following a balanced vegetarian regimen. Only after the Flood diminished the earth’s food-producing capacity was permission given to use animal flesh as food, and that with restriction against use of flesh with blood (Gen. 9:3, 4), and later fat (Lev. 3:17). Already God had introduced a distinction among animals, clean or unclean (Gen. 7:2; 8:20). As the patriarchal narratives make clear, humans adopted the use of flesh in their diets, a practice particularly suited to a nomadic life in an arid climate. The book of Daniel, written in Mesopotamia, narrates an incident involving food dating to the arrival of Daniel and his companions at the court of the Babylonian king, Nebuchadnezzar II (605–562 B.C.). Their choice of a simple vegetarian diet in contrast to the king’s stimulating cuisine is linked to increased clarity of mind, the issue serving as a test of Daniel’s commitment to God in an alien setting (Dan. 1:8–16). Given the limited sources of food available to common people in ancient times, a return to the Edenic vegetarian diet is not an issue in the Scriptures; however, it remains as the ideal, and as noted above, is increasingly supported by current scientific research.

Luke’s particular interest in matters of food has been noted also by commentators. Almost every chapter makes reference to food. Food is connected with joyful occasions such as weddings and feasts (Luke 5:33–35; 6:21–25; 15:3–32) and in his foreshadowing of the “banquet at Christ’s table in the world to come (Luke 13:29, 30; 22:28–30). Sharing food and possessions with the poor becomes an obligation of Christ’s followers (Luke 3:11; 14:7–24). As in none of the other Gospels, Luke associates one’s attitude toward food with morality. The believer is to avoid a self-satisfying obsession with food and drink, these being sins that led to judgment in the days of Noah and Lot (Luke 17:20–37).
Raoul

AOL

#10 Oct 15, 2010
Exact characteristics to distinguish between clean and unclean animals were not included in the Flood narrative (Gen. 7–9), but are detailed in Leviticus 11 and Deuteronomy 14. Clear instructions required clean animals to be those that chewed the cud and had cloven hooves. Others were unclean. Clean marine animals were required to possess both fins and scales (Lev. 11:2–23). In general, birds of prey and scavengers were designated as unclean. Were the distinctions intended as health measures or for ritual purposes? Particularly in Deuteronomy, the listing seems connected with eating rather than with things sacrificial (Deut. 14:3–21). Are the distinctions temporary, to be discontinued in the NT? The distinction among animals can be traced to Noah, who becomes patriarch of the entire human race, explicitly defined at Mount Sinai, and continued through the biblical narrative. Hosea, Isaiah, and Ezekiel maintained the distinction between clean and unclean (Isa. 66:17; Hosea 9:3; Eze. 22:26; 44:23). As practicing Jews Jesus and the apostles undoubtedly respected it, and no issue over it appears among their enemies. Does the NT invalidate it? While Jesus disregarded traditional ceremonial distinctions (Mark 7:15–23), no NT text erases the basic distinction, and it hardly could have been discontinued at the cross, for the Jerusalem Council of Acts 15 (. A.D. 49) applies specific dietary laws to Christians. Peter’s personal practice was to avoid unclean foods (Acts 10:14). Discussions of foods offered to idols (l Cor. 8 and Rom. 14) deal with issues other than the clean/unclean distinction. Although he is addressing other moral matters, the writer of the Apocalypse draws from familiar NT distinctions by noting that in the New Jerusalem “nothing unclean shall enter it”(Rev. 21:27; Isa. 35:8).

Other evidence supports the distinction between clean and unclean as noncultic. Cultic uncleanness could be removed by cleansing; however, the uncleanness of animals was permanent, with no ritual available for its removal. Furthermore, Israelites could come into contact with unclean animals without themselves becoming unclean. Application of the regulation was universal, the obligation applying even to aliens in Israel (Lev. 17:12–15). Given the evidence cited, the biblical testimony supports the distinction between clean and unclean as applicable from at least the time of Noah to the present.

Raoul Dederen
BJ Simpson

United States

#11 Oct 15, 2010
SDA's do not believe this passage actually applies to them:

The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron. They forbid people to marry and order them to abstain from certain foods, which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth. 1Timothy 4
"order them to abstain from certain foods" -- This is a doctrine of demons that SDA's promote.
SDA's unstated unscriptural authority includes Science and the CDC.
Typical of those who set about to deceive others.
BJ Simpson

United States

#12 Oct 15, 2010
Raoul wrote:
obligation applying even to aliens in Israel (Lev. 17:12–15)
What is your teaching concerning cooking baby goat meat in its mothers milk? Do you prohibit it? Can you prove it in official SDA writings?
Shouldn't you keep all Kosher food laws if you are going to keep even one of them?
Paul from California

San Mateo, CA

#13 Oct 15, 2010
Raoul wrote:
Exact characteristics to distinguish between clean and unclean animals were not included in the Flood narrative (Gen. 7–9), but are detailed in Leviticus 11 and Deuteronomy 14. Clear instructions required clean animals to be those that chewed the cud and had cloven hooves. Others were unclean. Clean marine animals were required to possess both fins and scales (Lev. 11:2–23). In general, birds of prey and scavengers were designated as unclean. Were the distinctions intended as health measures or for ritual purposes? Particularly in Deuteronomy, the listing seems connected with eating rather than with things sacrificial (Deut. 14:3–21). Are the distinctions temporary, to be discontinued in the NT? The distinction among animals can be traced to Noah, who becomes patriarch of the entire human race, explicitly defined at Mount Sinai, and continued through the biblical narrative. Hosea, Isaiah, and Ezekiel maintained the distinction between clean and unclean (Isa. 66:17; Hosea 9:3; Eze. 22:26; 44:23). As practicing Jews Jesus and the apostles undoubtedly respected it, and no issue over it appears among their enemies. Does the NT invalidate it? While Jesus disregarded traditional ceremonial distinctions (Mark 7:15–23), no NT text erases the basic distinction, and it hardly could have been discontinued at the cross, for the Jerusalem Council of Acts 15 (. A.D. 49) applies specific dietary laws to Christians. Peter’s personal practice was to avoid unclean foods (Acts 10:14). Discussions of foods offered to idols (l Cor. 8 and Rom. 14) deal with issues other than the clean/unclean distinction. Although he is addressing other moral matters, the writer of the Apocalypse draws from familiar NT distinctions by noting that in the New Jerusalem “nothing unclean shall enter it”(Rev. 21:27; Isa. 35:8).
Other evidence supports the distinction between clean and unclean as noncultic. Cultic uncleanness could be removed by cleansing; however, the uncleanness of animals was permanent, with no ritual available for its removal. Furthermore, Israelites could come into contact with unclean animals without themselves becoming unclean. Application of the regulation was universal, the obligation applying even to aliens in Israel (Lev. 17:12–15). Given the evidence cited, the biblical testimony supports the distinction between clean and unclean as applicable from at least the time of Noah to the present.
Raoul Dederen
What deceit.........

The Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of the New Covenant in which ALL THINGS BECOME NEW and ARE NOT ACCORDING TO THE OLD for those in Christ...Rau....this NC has presented the fact that there is nothing unclean. 2 Tim 4:4 Rom 14:14 1 Cor 10:25

You teach lies......there is NOTHING UNCLEAN for the Christian
unless he believes so

The Christian is not subject to the Law of Moses
Doug SDA

AOL

#14 Oct 15, 2010
Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.

Risks associated with Coffee

Cancer

Over 1,000 chemicals have been reported in roasted coffee, and 19 are known rodent carcinogens.

Gastrointestinal problems

Coffee can damage the lining of the gastrointestinal organs, causing gastritis and ulcers. The consumption of coffee is therefore not recommended for people with gastritis, colitis, and ulcers.

Anxiety and sleep changes

Many coffee drinkers are familiar with "coffee jitters", a nervous condition that occurs when one has had too much caffeine. It can also cause anxiety and irritability, in some with excessive coffee consumption, and some as a withdrawal symptom. Coffee can also cause insomnia in some.

Cosmetic

Coffee causes staining of the teeth.

Cholesterol

A 2007 study by the Baylor College of Medicine indicates that the diterpene molecules cafestol and kahweol, found only in coffee beans, putatively raise levels of low-density lipoprotein or LDL in humans. This increase in LDL levels is an indicator that coffee raises cholesterol. The Baylor study serves to link cafestol and kahweol with higher levels of cholesterol in the body.

Effects on pregnancy

A February 2003 Danish study of 18,478 women linked heavy coffee consumption during pregnancy to significantly increased risk of stillbirths (but no significantly increased risk of infant death in the first year). "The results seem to indicate a threshold effect around four to seven cups per day," the study reported. Those who drank eight or more cups a day (64 U.S. fl oz or 1.89 L) were at 220% increased risk compared with nondrinkers. This study has not yet been repeated, but has caused some doctors to caution against excessive coffee consumption during pregnancy.

Decaffeinated coffee is also regarded as a potential health risk to pregnant women due to the high incidence of chemical solvents used to extract the caffeine.

Iron deficiency anemia

Coffee consumption can lead to iron deficiency anemia in mothers and infants. Coffee also interferes with the absorption of supplemental iron.

Coronary artery disease

A 2004 study tried to discover why the beneficial and detrimental effects of coffee conflict. The study concluded that consumption of coffee is associated with significant elevations in biochemical markers of inflammation. This is a detrimental effect of coffee on the cardiovascular system.

The health risks of decaffeinated coffee have been studied, with varying results. One variable is the type of decaffeination process used; while some involve the use of organic solvents which may leave residual traces, others rely on steam.

A study has shown that cafestol, a substance which is present in boiled coffee drinks, dramatically increases cholesterol levels, especially in women.

Polymorphisms in the CYP1A2 gene may lead to a slower metabolism of caffeine. In patients with a slow version of the enzyme the risk for myocardial infarction (heart attack) is increased by a third (2-3 cups) to two thirds (>4 cups). The risk was more marked in people under the age of 59.

A Harvard study conducted over the course of 20 years of 128,000 people published in 2006 concluded .... a correlation between heavy consumption of coffee and higher degrees of exposure to other coronary heart disease risk factors such as smoking, greater alcohol consumption, and lack of physical exercise. Additionally, the lead researcher on this study acknowledged that subsets of the larger group may be at risk for heart attack when drinking multiple cups of coffee a day due to genetic differences in metabolizing caffeine.
BJ Simpson

United States

#15 Oct 15, 2010
Paul from California wrote:
<quoted text>
What deceit.........
The Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of the New Covenant in which ALL THINGS BECOME NEW and ARE NOT ACCORDING TO THE OLD for those in Christ...Rau....this NC has presented the fact that there is nothing unclean. 2 Tim 4:4 Rom 14:14 1 Cor 10:25
You teach lies......there is NOTHING UNCLEAN for the Christian
unless he believes so
The Christian is not subject to the Law of Moses
They teach lies because they are cursed!
Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law - Galations 3
Doug SDA

AOL

#16 Oct 15, 2010
"Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.

1 Tim 1 Timothy 4:3-4 (RSV)

3 who forbid marriage and enjoin abstinence from foods which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth.

4 For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving;

“The foods which God created to be received with thanksgiving” can be found in Gen 1:29

Isa 6:15 For, behold, the LORD will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.

16 For by fire and by his sword will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many.

17 They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one [tree] in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the LORD.

1 Thessalonians 4:7 (WEY)
7 God has not called us to an unclean life, but to one of purity.

Revelation 21:27 (WEY)
27 And no unclean thing shall ever enter it, nor any one who is guilty of base conduct or tells lies, but only they whose names stand recorded in the Lamb's Book of Life.

The word unclean means unsanitary.
BJ Simpson

United States

#17 Oct 15, 2010
Here is doctrine straight from Jesus' mouth that your are overlooking:
"Don't you see that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then out of the body? But the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart, and these make a man 'unclean.'-- Matthew 15
Here is what makes an SDA filthy and unclean:
"our sins are, in fact, transferred to the heavenly sanctuary by the blood of Christ." {Ellen G. White, The Story of Redemption, page 378}
By claiming she got this from the Holy Spirit, she committed the unpardonable sin, and SDA's hold her up as a "continuing authority".
Their deception and deceivableness are complete.
BJ Simpson

United States

#18 Oct 15, 2010
Doug SDA wrote:
Revelation 21:27 (WEY)
27 And no unclean thing shall ever enter it, nor any one who is guilty of base conduct or tells lies, but only they whose names stand recorded in the Lamb's Book of Life.
The word unclean means unsanitary.
This is a very unsanitary, unclean teaching:
"our sins are, in fact, transferred to the heavenly sanctuary by the blood of Christ." {Ellen G. White, The Story of Redemption, page 378}
It does not stay in the doctrines of Jesus, and they do not have God.
Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God -- 2 John 9
Wise Man

United States

#19 Oct 15, 2010
jumper wrote:
To bad you can not give up being stupid.
jumper

Morgantown, KY

#20 Oct 15, 2010
Doug SDA wrote:
Pork worm disease.
According to the CDC, infection from the Pork tapeworm, which is found worldwide, occurs most often in rural, developing countries with poor hygiene where pigs are allowed to roam freely this allows the tapeworm infection to be completed and the cycle to continue.
The risk for U.S. citizens has been considered rare due to strict food processing and handling regulations, especially for pork products, and generally high levels of hygiene.
The condition is very rare in Muslim countries where eating pork is forbidden.
"The cycle starts with a human that's infected with the Pork tapeworm.
Failure to wash hands after using the restroom can result in contaminating food and infecting further victims.
"These eggs hatch in the intestine and go through the gut-wall and into the circulation where they get stuck somewhere.
Doctors say washing hands, cooking meats thoroughly, especially pork, are the best ways to avoid the disease.
Trichinellosis,
also called trichinosis, is caused by eating raw or undercooked meat of animals infected with the larvae of a species of worm called Trichinella. Infection occurs commonly in certain wild carnivorous (meat-eating) animals but may also occur in domestic pigs.
What are the symptoms of a trichinellosis infection?
Nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, fatigue, fever, and abdominal discomfort are the first symptoms of trichinellosis. Headaches, fevers, chills, cough, eye swelling, aching joints and muscle pains, itchy skin, diarrhea, or constipation follow the first symptoms. If the infection is heavy, patients may experience difficulty coordinating movements, and have heart and breathing problems. In severe cases, death can occur.
Fatigue, weakness, and diarrhea may last for months.
Abdominal symptoms can occur 1-2 days after infection. Further symptoms usually start 2-8 weeks after eating contaminated meat. Symptoms may range from very mild to severe and relate to the number of infectious worms consumed in meat.
How does infection occur in humans and animals?
When a human or animal eats meat that contains infective Trichinella cysts, the acid in the stomach dissolves the hard covering of the cyst and releases the worms. The worms pass into the small intestine and, in 1-2 days, become mature. After mating, adult females lay eggs. Eggs develop into immature worms, travel through the arteries, and are transported to muscles. Within the muscles, the worms curl into a ball and encyst (become enclosed in a capsule). Infection occurs when these encysted worms are consumed in meat.
Am I at risk for trichinellosis?
If you eat undercooked meats, particularly pork, bear, wild feline (such as a cougar), fox, dog, wolf, horse, seal, or walrus, you are at risk for trichinellosis.
Leprosy or Hansen's disease.
One of the primary carrier of Leprosy in warm climates is the Swine.
The likely cause of the death of Herod the Great and the insanity and death of Antiochus Epiphaneswas was Pork tapworm.
Ewwww!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 30
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seventh-day Adventist Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Torah, Old Law and 10 Commandments. 7 min SamBee 522
1260 days of the Papacy from 538 AD to 1798 (May '14) 2 hr teacher 567
Does sabbath day still exist 2 hr SamBee 508
Did Jesus or the Apostles change the day of wor... 5 hr Frindly 19
The "Son" of God..understanding the Godhead. (May '08) 5 hr Frindly 405
Why I Believe Ellen G. White was a Prophet (May '17) 7 hr Lay Worker 127
Sun made after the Earth 8 hr sitka happy 1
More from around the web