WHY Boonstra left IT IS WRITTEN

WHY Boonstra left IT IS WRITTEN

First Prev
of 18
Next Last
J Bates

Elkview, WV

#1 Dec 28, 2010
Something fishy about no one saying what "health reason" caused Boonstra to so suddenly leave IIW. Some Aussie, Mr Bradshaw, will now replace him. Why deny your "illness"? Come on!

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#2 Dec 28, 2010
J Bates wrote:
Something fishy about no one saying what "health reason" caused Boonstra to so suddenly leave IIW. Some Aussie, Mr Bradshaw, will now replace him. Why deny your "illness"? Come on!
There is nothing fishy concerning Pastor Shawn Boonstra. The only thing fishy is your over active imagination.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shawn_Boonstra
Pastor Shawn Boonstra is a Christian pastor, writer and evangelist. He formerly worked as the speaker/director for It Is Written international television before stepping down in December 2010 to address health challenges.

“South Africa”

Since: Nov 09

Port Elizabeth

#3 Dec 28, 2010
Since it appears that some rumors are still circulating, I wanted to reaffirm yesterday's news:

Due to health issues, I am relinquishing my duties as Speaker/Director of It Is Written. I take this step with considerable regret because I believe the work of It Is Written is the most important and the most exciting work on earth. Again, I would like to thank all of those who support this ministry, and all of those who have prayed for me these last few months!

It is not in my nature to be open about my personal health, but I wanted to restate the following because I know people have expressed concern: I'm not dying, I don't have cancer, and I don't have a life-threatening disease. I am, however, dealing with a serious health challenge, and it has gotten to a point where I must take a sabbatical to give my body time to rest.

I am currently in the care of some of the best physicians around, and the thing I would most treasure right now is your continued prayers for my health and my family. Thank you for respecting our privacy at this time.
Source: http://clubadventist.com/forum/ubbthreads.php...

Sometimes it is best to research things out fully before posting them here...it just leaves more room for rumours.

Since: Jul 09

St. Paul

#4 Dec 28, 2010
>Sometimes it is best to research things out fully before posting them

Research requires work. Casting an innuendo and lying about others is much easier.
J Bates

Encino, CA

#5 Dec 28, 2010
My research revealed that most people will tell you what their illness is, unless it is an illness connected with something not good.

St. Paul

#6 Dec 28, 2010
>My research revealed that most people will tell you what their illness is,

Show your research. What was the sample size? What were the results.

My research ( http://dedication.www3.50megs.com/David/ ) shows that the critics lie through their teeth.

There is nothing in the Bible that says that we are to be sticking our noses into anyone else's life.

Since: Aug 10

Pacific Northwest USA

#7 Dec 28, 2010
djconklin wrote:
>Sometimes it is best to research things out fully before posting them
Research requires work. Casting an innuendo and lying about others is much easier.
So true, and what I've learned about human nature is that if given incomplete information, they will "fill in the blanks" with something juicy, or at least make assumptions and/or remarks in that direction. Shame on us! Leave the guy alone - he may have just learned he's diabetic or something, which could certainly be life-changing and require some major adjustments.
Rockroller

AOL

#8 Dec 28, 2010
GrammyJoanne wrote:
<quoted text>So true, and what I've learned about human nature is that if given incomplete information, they will "fill in the blanks" with something juicy, or at least make assumptions and/or remarks in that direction. Shame on us! Leave the guy alone - he may have just learned he's diabetic or something, which could certainly be life-changing and require some major adjustments.
Someone who is in the media does not have to be left alone. When they leave and say they are ill but do not tell what their problem is, then it is open for speculation. This is normal. Hiding the illness might be nice for the family, but it generally causes other to assume things that may not be true.

Boonstra is a nice kid. Yes, he is still just a kid to me. He has lots to learn and perhaps he is just now finding that out. When he learns the real truth and wants to share it, I will tell you right now that "IT IS WRITTEN" will NOT allow for him to do this--because it would go against the SDA GC and their funding would stop because of all of the support they receive from EGW beliving members.

I do happen to know that Boonstra has been searching for answers to questions from people like me and have been unable to answer them correctly because of EGW and the GC. But IF this is the problem, I do not know.

St. Paul

#9 Dec 28, 2010
>When they leave and say they are ill but do not tell what their problem is, then it is open for speculation.

By whom? The idle minds with nothing better to do than to ask what's wrong with others vs taking care of the skeletons in their own closet?

>have been unable to answer them correctly because of EGW and the GC.

Love the proof for that! Talk about "filling in the blanks." Didn't you read Grammy's post?
A Voice In The Wilderness

Vineland, NJ

#10 Dec 28, 2010
I agree that something is not 'right'.

It may very well be that the fate of Joe Crews with Amazing Facts is becoming the same fate for Pastor Boonstra with his ministry.

A few will know what I mean...
birdman

Fort Dodge, IA

#11 Dec 28, 2010
A Voice In The Wilderness wrote:
I agree that something is not 'right'.
It may very well be that the fate of Joe Crews with Amazing Facts is becoming the same fate for Pastor Boonstra with his ministry.
A few will know what I mean...
May I ask what happened to Joe Crews?

I have heard the name and that is all.

St. Paul

#12 Dec 28, 2010
>A few will know what I mean...

ROFL! He has the inside skinny that only a privileged few know! And I got beach front property in Florida for sale.

St. Paul

#13 Dec 28, 2010
>I agree that something is not 'right'.

It could have been as simple as stress from cross-country/world trips. A lack of sleep and high stress does weird things to the mind and the body. No fair asking how I know that.

Vineland, NJ

#14 Dec 28, 2010
djconklin wrote:
>A few will know what I mean...
ROFL! He has the inside skinny that only a privileged few know! And I got beach front property in Florida for sale.
Very Christlike.

Pacific Northwest USA

#15 Dec 28, 2010
Rockroller wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone who is in the media does not have to be left alone. When they leave and say they are ill but do not tell what their problem is, then it is open for speculation. This is normal. Hiding the illness might be nice for the family, but it generally causes other to assume things that may not be true.
Boonstra is a nice kid. Yes, he is still just a kid to me. He has lots to learn and perhaps he is just now finding that out. When he learns the real truth and wants to share it, I will tell you right now that "IT IS WRITTEN" will NOT allow for him to do this--because it would go against the SDA GC and their funding would stop because of all of the support they receive from EGW beliving members.
I do happen to know that Boonstra has been searching for answers to questions from people like me and have been unable to answer them correctly because of EGW and the GC. But IF this is the problem, I do not know.
Yes, human curiousity is natural. Nevertheless, we should MYOB and just pray for the guy and leave him alone, if only out of common decency, regardless of how we feel about SDA's, EGW, or whatever. I'm not pro SDA, nor do I believe in Ellen White, but we need to pay attention to our own issues and let others be.

Pacific Northwest USA

#16 Dec 28, 2010
<quoted text>
Very Christlike.
How about your own comments and innuendo? Now, THAT was Christlike.

Vineland, NJ

#17 Dec 28, 2010
GrammyJoanne wrote:
<quoted text>How about your own comments and innuendo? Now, THAT was Christlike.
Please explain how my first comment on this thread is an 'innuendo' or how it dishonors Christ?

Pacific Northwest USA

#18 Dec 28, 2010
<quoted text>
Please explain how my first comment on this thread is an 'innuendo' or how it dishonors Christ?
The entire post - agreeing that something "fishy" is going on, and bringing Joe Crews into it, implying there's about to be something fishy with him, too. And your last sentence could have been followed by, "wink, wink," like you have some inside "dirt" and those in the know will understand what you're implying. Sounded pretty gossipy and unloving to this old lady. I'm just sayin'...

“South Africa”

Since: Nov 09

Port Elizabeth

#19 Dec 29, 2010
GrammyJoanne wrote:
<quoted text>The entire post - agreeing that something "fishy" is going on, and bringing Joe Crews into it, implying there's about to be something fishy with him, too. And your last sentence could have been followed by, "wink, wink," like you have some inside "dirt" and those in the know will understand what you're implying. Sounded pretty gossipy and unloving to this old lady. I'm just sayin'...
I tottaly agree! As far as I know Joe Crews left a whole lot of excellent sermons and books to educate those l;ess knowledgeable wbout Christ and His ministry! Why say he left due to fishy reasons?

Gossip by the way is abhorrent to our God!

St. Paul

#20 Dec 29, 2010
GrammyJoanne wrote:
<quoted text>How about your own comments and innuendo? Now, THAT was Christlike.
Some people play "Holier than thou." I ignore them--they lack substance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 18
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seventh-day Adventist Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where is an IJ in this Rom. 8:1 16 min KSH 324
Midern Pharisees hypocrites 19 min KSH 2
Now Is The "MoB" 59 min GiveUpSundayLaw N... 32
YouTube Good Christian recommendation? 1 hr KSH 25
3 Questions that frighten all SDA CULT members! (May '14) 1 hr KSH 1,568
Sabbath 2 hr KSH 103
Dirty Sinner 7 hr Earburner 8
More from around the web