Is this not a stupendous truth pregna...

Is this not a stupendous truth pregnant with eternal results!

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#1 Nov 21, 2012
"I counsel thee to buy of Me GOLD tried in the fire..." Rev.3:18.

"The GOLD tried in the FIRE is FAITH that WORKS by LOVE.(Gal.5:6) ONLY THIS CAN BRING US INTO HARMONY WITH GOD. We may be active, we may do much work; but without Love, SUCH LOVE AS DWELT IN THE HEART OF CHRIST, we can NEVER be numbered with the family of Heaven." Christ's Object Lessons.

What was the MEASURE of the Love dwelling in the heart of Jesus Christ?

"When God gave His Son to our world, He endowed human beings with imperishable riches--riches compared with which the treasured wealth of men since the world began is NOTHINGNESS. Christ came to the earth and stood before the children of men with THE HOARDED LOVE OF ETERNITY, and this is the TREASURE that, through our connection with Him, we are to receive, to reveal, and to impart." Ministry of Healing,37.

The "hoarded Love of eternity" is nothing short of the fullness of divine Light and Love and Power.(Col.2:9,10; Eph.3:14-19; Prophets & Kings,594; Desire of Ages,671)

And this is the TREASURE that, whosoever is this life makes it his LIFE BUSINESS to APPLY to the MERITS of the BLOOD of a crucified and risen Saviour, is to RECEIVE, to REVEAL, and to IMPART!!!(See P.K.594)

"The indwelling of the Spirit will be shown by the outflowing of heavenly Love. The DIVINE FULLNESS will FLOW through the consecrated human agent to be GIVEN FORTH TO OTHERS." Christ's Object Lessons,419.

Is this not a stupendous truth, pregnant with eternal results?!!!

Therefore "The FAITH that WORKS by LOVE (such Love as dwelt in the heart of Christ)(Gal.5:6) is the KEY of KNOWLEDGE." Desire of Ages,139.

"The ONLY TRUE FAITH is that which WORKS by LOVE to purify the soul. It is as LEAVEN that transforms the character." Mount of Blessing,53.

Now "If the DIVINE LOVE is IMPLANTED in the SOUL, will not the law of God be carried out in the life? When the principle of Love is implanted in the heart, the NEW COVENANT PROMISE is fulfilled:'I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them.' And if the law is written in the heart, will it not shape the life? Obedience, the SERVICE and ALLEGIANCE of LOVE, is the TRUE SIGN of DISCIPLESHIP." Steps to Christ,60.

Hence, "To His church, Christ has given ample facilities, that He may receive a large revenue of glory from His redeemed, purchased possession. The church,(the soul that is yielded to Christ), being endowed with the righteousness of Christ, is His depository, in which the wealth of His mercy, His love, His grace, is to appear IN FULL AND FINAL DISPLAY." Testimonies to Ministers,18.

So then, "The revelation of His own glory in the form of humanity will bring Heaven so near to men that the beauty adorning the inner temple will be seen in every soul in whom the Savior dwells. And in currents of praise and thanksgiving from the many souls THUS won to God, glory will flow back to the great Giver." Christ's Object Lessons,419.

sky

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#2 Nov 21, 2012
As for myself I am in awe. The above I have posted is a simple explanation of the Word of God as found in Isaiah 60:1-5 and Revelation 18:1.

Just to know that some of us will be filled with all the fullness of God and thus be sealed for their work, to finish the work of God upon the earth.(Rom.9:28)

Just to know that the earth will soon be lightened with the glory of God in full and final display makes it very exciting to be living in these last days.

Through the endowment of the Holy Spirit,(the gift that is worthy of Christ's greatness and Royalty and therefore the gift that cannot be excelled), the wealth of God's mercy, His love, His grace, is to appear in full and final display in the lives of the men and women of God's own choosing, those who now make it their life business to look to Christ and to accept His merits which they know it is their privilege to claim.

Thus the law of God is to be restored to its righful position being magnifed and made honorable (Isaiah 42:21) in the lives of all who shall daily come to God just as they are, sinful, helpless, dependent, trusting wholly in the MERITS of the blood of a crucified and risen Saviour.(Rom.3:25; 1 cor.1:30)

"Therefore, behold, I will again do a marvelous work among this people, a marvelous work and a wonder." Isaiah 29:14.

sky

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#3 Nov 21, 2012
last post edited and improved:

As for myself I am in awe. The above I have posted is a simple explanation of the Word of God as found in Isaiah 60:1-5 and Revelation 18:1.

It is exciting to know that some of us will be filled with the fullness of divine light and love and power and thus be sealed for their work, to finish the work of God upon the earth.(Rom.9:28; 1 Peter 1:5)

Just to know that the earth will soon be lightened with the glory of God in full and final display makes it very exciting to be living in these last days.

Through the endowment of the Holy Spirit,(the gift that is worthy of Christ's greatness and Royalty and therefore the gift that cannot be excelled), the wealth of God's mercy, His love, His grace, is to appear in full and final display in the lives of the men and women of God's own choosing, those who now make it their life business to look to Christ and to accept His merits which they know it is their privilege to claim.(T.M.93)

Thus the law of God is to be restored to its righful position (G.C.464,467,478) by being magnifed and made honorable (Isaiah 42:21) in and through the lives of all who shall daily come to God just as they are, sinful, helpless, dependent, trusting wholly in the MERITS of the blood of a crucified and risen Saviour.(Rom.3:25; 1 cor.1:30)(See 1 S.M.354,364,389)

"Therefore, behold, I will again do a marvelous work among this people, a marvelous work and a wonder." Isaiah 29:14.

sky
Blackberry

Brampton, Canada

#4 Nov 21, 2012
Ellen White, being a false prophet, is going straight to hell.

So we can safely say that the above posts really is indeed pregnant with fiery results, eternal in their smoke.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#5 Nov 22, 2012
Jesus did not walk the earth as Almighty God (referring to His own divinity) but by faith as a man "he supplicated the throne of God till his humanity was charged with a heavenly current that should connect humanity with divinity... His experience is to be ours." D.A.363.

We too can supplicate the throne of God, pleading the merits of a crucified and risen Savior, till our humanity is charged with the same heavenly current that should connect our humanity with Christ's own divinity. And Christ's divinity is nothing short of all the fullness of the Godhead dwelling in us bodily. Then we are walking in the light as He is in the light.

sky

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#6 Nov 22, 2012
"To reveal this IDEAL as the only true standard for attainment; to show what every human being might become; WHAT, THROUGH THE INDWELLING OF HUMANITY BY DIVINITY, all who received Him would become--for this, Christ came to the world... God's greatest gift was bestowed to meet man's greatest need. The light appeared when the world's darkness was deepest." Education, p.73,4.

God's greatest gift is all the fullness of the Godhead imparted to fallen men through Christ as we present our helpless case before God pleading the MERITS of a crucified and risen Saviour.

Today this great Light is to appear IN FULL AND FINAL DISPLAY when the world's darkness covers the earth and gross darkness the people.

sky

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#7 Nov 22, 2012
See 2 Peter 1:4 & Isaiah 60:1

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#8 Nov 22, 2012
I mean Isaiah 60:1-5

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#9 Nov 22, 2012
"Though He had humbled Himself to humanity, the Godhead was still His own." D.A.664.

So "Christ is us the hope of glory" (Col.1:27) is the fullness of the Godhead, which is still His own. Eph.3:19. In the Godhead is "the hoarded love of eternity" and this is the treasure that we, through our connection with Him are to receive, to reveal, and to impart.(Ministry of Healing, p.37) "The divine fullness will flow through the consecrated human agent, to be given forth to others." C.O.L.419.

Thus it is written, "As Christ is the channel for the revelation of the Father, so we are to be the channel for the revelation of Christ... The church of Christ, every individual disciple of the Master, is heaven's appointed channel for the revelation of God to men." Mount of Blessing,40.

What a union is this! and what a revelation is this! Is this not what the world is waiting to see?

sky

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#10 Nov 22, 2012
"It is the privilege of every believer in Christ to possess Christ's nature, a nature FAR ABOVE that which Adam forfeited by transgression." U.L.18.

Now, in Eden, in Christ, Adam possessed a perfect nature, but a little lower than angelic nature. But through the Gospel of the merits of Jesus Christ, fallen man may partake of a nature FAR ABOVE that which Adam forfeited by transgression.

Being united to Christ's divine nature, man is elevated, in the scales of moral value, with God. This is the "unfathomable Gift" of God to the human race. It is "unspeakable." Only eternity will reveal what this gift means to us and to God and to the universe.

Being partakers of Christ's divine nature the redeemed are made to sit with Him at the right hand of the Majesty on High and they are one with the Godhead.

This is the mystery that has been hidden from ages.

Christ is the Gospel "Seed" sown into the hearts of all who come to God trusting wholly in the MERITS of His infinite sacrifice and into that most precious "Seed" dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily: the hoarded love of eternity!

"Thank God for His UNSPEAKABLE gift." 2 Cor.9:15

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#11 Nov 22, 2012
Of the holy angels it is written taht "By gentle and patient ministry they move upon the human spirit, to bring the lost into a fellowship with Christ which is even closer than they themselves can know." Desire of Ages, 21.

sky

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#12 Nov 22, 2012
"Through the virtue of His merits, He gives us power (His own divine nature) to become members of the Royal Family, children of the Heavenly King." Our Father cares, p.120.*brackets supplied

The sinless angels are God's ministers (Heb.1:7) but the redeemed are members of the Royal Family sharing the throne of God, sitting at the right hand of the Majesty on High.(Eph.2:6)

This is "the fullness of the blessing of the Gospel of Christ." Rom.15:29.

The highest position to which man can attain!

sky

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#13 Nov 22, 2012
This oneness with God through Christ is not only "unfathomable" to the angels but it is aslo a "marvel" to them and, mind you, "their great joy," to see fallen man elevated in the scales of moral value, through the merits of Christ, with God!

"The declaration in His intercessory prayer, that the Father's love is as great toward us as toward Himself, the only-begotten Son, and that we shall be with Him where He is, forever one with Christ and the Father, is a marvel to the heavenly host, and it is their great joy... Christ looks upon His people as the reward of all His suffering, His humiliation, and His love, and the supplement of His glory -- Christ, the great center from which radiates all glory.'Blessed are they which are called to the marriage supper of the Lamb.'" Testimonies to Ministers, pp.18,19.

The supplement of His glory!

There can be no mistaking as to how little we appreciate what it means for us to appropriate the merits of Christ in this life and what it will mean for the redeemed to be "forever one with Christ and the Father," just as Christ is one with the Father!

Do we begin to appreciate our holy calling?

We need to dwell on this heavenly theme: what does it mean to be one with Christ just as Christ is one with the Father.

Christ became one flesh with us that we might become one Spirit with Him.

sky
Robert Two

Australia

#14 Nov 22, 2012
skyblue888 wrote:
This oneness with God through Christ is not only "unfathomable" to the angels but it is aslo a "marvel" to them and, mind you, "their great joy," to see fallen man elevated in the scales of moral value, through the merits of Christ, with God!
"The declaration in His intercessory prayer, that the Father's love is as great toward us as toward Himself, the only-begotten Son, and that we shall be with Him where He is, forever one with Christ and the Father, is a marvel to the heavenly host, and it is their great joy... Christ looks upon His people as the reward of all His suffering, His humiliation, and His love, and the supplement of His glory -- Christ, the great center from which radiates all glory.'Blessed are they which are called to the marriage supper of the Lamb.'" Testimonies to Ministers, pp.18,19.
The supplement of His glory!
There can be no mistaking as to how little we appreciate what it means for us to appropriate the merits of Christ in this life and what it will mean for the redeemed to be "forever one with Christ and the Father," just as Christ is one with the Father!
Do we begin to appreciate our holy calling?
We need to dwell on this heavenly theme: what does it mean to be one with Christ just as Christ is one with the Father.
Christ became one flesh with us that we might become one Spirit with Him.
sky
Yes as a human I wonder at the mysatery of all this.
I styruggle through life not able To show to others what it is about.
The reason is in the BIBLE "The world CANNOT receive the spirit of TRUTH" On know that I then cannot help people unless they are willing. This I find is a HEART BREAK as I cannot reach them.
They are not wolling to change.
Being this LONELY is tradgic.
Robert Two

Australia

#15 Nov 22, 2012
Do we begin to appreciate our HOLY CALLING ?
Each of us GOD has work for us to do.
Few understand this and so the CHURCH see leaders as important and individaul as little value. The fact that few bother with COME LET US REASON TOGETHER. The power of GOD through ordinary people is not seen or heard.
Geting back to the HIRAM EDSON barn talks would get things moving in the right direction.
Ordinary people doing the CALLING GOD requires.
Over educated people as leaders is not as JESUS calling FISHERMEN into the work.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#16 Nov 22, 2012
I agree with you Robert.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#17 Nov 22, 2012
However, to address your first post, we need not worry for we are told that as we daily apply to the merits of the blood of a crucified and risen Saviour, that the righteousness of Christ is brought into our life and it accomplishes everything.

Notice these words: "Clothed with the righteousness of Christ and not your own righteousness, you will not depend upon what you can do or what you will do," for "Christ's righteousness accomplishes everything." Faith & Works,65,66.

How do you like that?

sky :)
Robert Two

Port Pirie, Australia

#18 Nov 22, 2012
skyblue888 wrote:
However, to address your first post, we need not worry for we are told that as we daily apply to the merits of the blood of a crucified and risen Saviour, that the righteousness of Christ is brought into our life and it accomplishes everything.
Notice these words: "Clothed with the righteousness of Christ and not your own righteousness, you will not depend upon what you can do or what you will do," for "Christ's righteousness accomplishes everything." Faith & Works,65,66.
How do you like that?
sky :)
SKY
For many years I have seen it that way BUT I wonder if I will notice the change to better things.
I have always blamed me.
I guess I need like minded people to talk to.
Being EMPOWERED to OVERCOME. I guess that is what you mean as well.
Crazy Baptist

Hopkins, SC

#19 Nov 22, 2012
Robert Two wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes as a human I wonder at the mysatery of all this.
I styruggle through life not able To show to others what it is about.
The reason is in the BIBLE "The world CANNOT receive the spirit of TRUTH" On know that I then cannot help people unless they are willing. This I find is a HEART BREAK as I cannot reach them.
They are not wolling to change.
Being this LONELY is tradgic.
Well R2......is the gospel you are presenting them with the true gospel? The good news of Christ Jesus and what he did at Calvary or something else?

You have said many times that you follow Ellen.

Ellen, many of us believe, maligned the word of God by preaching a gospel that the Apostle Paul would have called "No Gospel at all".

The sabbath day go to church and worship God on the right day and thus align yourself with the true remnant church gospel will NOT lead them to Jesus friend. The you must keep the commandments perfectly before Jesus can save you gospel message she preached WILL eventually end in disappointment, failure and one possibly walking away from God all together. Keeping the commandments perfectly cannot be done.

Peter called it a "Yoke that neither they nor the father's could bear".

Want that lonely feeling to go away?

Do like Philip and preach Jesus. His gospel. His message. His words. His love. His sacrifice.

Blessings, CB
Robert Two

Port Pirie, Australia

#20 Nov 22, 2012
Crazy Baptist wrote:
<quoted text>
Well R2......is the gospel you are presenting them with the true gospel? The good news of Christ Jesus and what he did at Calvary or something else?
You have said many times that you follow Ellen.
Ellen, many of us believe, maligned the word of God by preaching a gospel that the Apostle Paul would have called "No Gospel at all".
The sabbath day go to church and worship God on the right day and thus align yourself with the true remnant church gospel will NOT lead them to Jesus friend. The you must keep the commandments perfectly before Jesus can save you gospel message she preached WILL eventually end in disappointment, failure and one possibly walking away from God all together. Keeping the commandments perfectly cannot be done.
Peter called it a "Yoke that neither they nor the father's could bear".
Want that lonely feeling to go away?
Do like Philip and preach Jesus. His gospel. His message. His words. His love. His sacrifice.
Blessings, CB
CB
At no time have I said I FOLLOW EGW.
That is in your mind.
I am though an EGW supporter.
I am only interested in WHAT GOD SAID.
This you will take a different way to how I mean IT !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seventh-day Adventist Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 7th Day: Fact and Fiction 2 min Earburner 286
Satan Heads the Church of Ellen White Denigration 4 min Lay Worker 150
Bible Feasts 6 min Patriot 20
Shabbot Shalum 11 min Patriot 6
The Israeli Sabbath is a Covenant and a Festival (Oct '13) 13 min Sambee 1,173
Sunday keepers? (Dec '16) 14 min Patriot 99
Saturn Days celebration 1 hr Patriot 5
Why I stayed in the SDA Church. Personal testim... 1 hr Patriot 126
Pull your children out of the Adventist Schools (Jun '09) Jun 3 SDA religion of lies 461
More from around the web